PDA

View Full Version : Evans

Buffalogic
01-05-2011, 08:12 PM
With Carolina not having a second round pick and their clear lack of talent at WR, maybe we can package the third overall pick, our second rounder, Evans, and like a 6th round pick to move up for Luck.

Makes sense for both teams, Carolina picks up two selections and a veteran wide receiver in Lee evans and still gets to select the third best player in the draft.

Novacane
01-05-2011, 08:15 PM
They won't do that trade.

Mr. Pink
01-05-2011, 08:16 PM
They still have Steve Smith and two promising youngsters in LaFell and Gettis.

Their WRs have plenty of question marks without a doubt but Lee Evans is a question mark too.

Jaybird
01-05-2011, 08:16 PM
It would take our second and third to move up

better days
01-05-2011, 08:17 PM
With Carolina not having a second round pick and their clear lack of talent at WR, maybe we can package the third overall pick, our second rounder, Evans, and like a 6th round pick to move up for Luck.

Makes sense for both teams, Carolina picks up two selections and a veteran wide receiver in Lee evans and still gets to select the third best player in the draft.

If they are not in love with Luck it would be more than fair in my opinion. If that were to happen all you Luck lovers better hope he is everything you think he is or I will never let you hear the end of it.

Novacane
01-05-2011, 08:18 PM
It would take our second and third to move up

Probably more.

X-Era
01-05-2011, 08:18 PM
I agree that it would seem possible. I think it's unlikely but possible.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3390228&postcount=26

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=3390228&highlight=trade+evans#post3390228

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2010/12/27/quarterback_quandary.php

better days
01-05-2011, 08:21 PM
They still have Steve Smith and two promising youngsters in LaFell and Gettis.

Their WRs have plenty of question marks without a doubt but Lee Evans is a question mark too.

I have been saying they need a QB more than anything. If they do not love Luck like many on this board though & like Newton or Mallett maybe they make that trade.

Buffalogic
01-05-2011, 08:22 PM
I either do that and move up for Luck or try to get a 4th rounder for Evans and take Green.

better days
01-05-2011, 08:25 PM
I either do that and move up for Luck or try to get a 4th rounder for Evans and take Green.

With all the holes on this team you would create another for a 4th & waste the 3rd pick on a WR? Thank God you are not the GM.

X-Era
01-05-2011, 08:27 PM
I either do that and move up for Luck or try to get a 4th rounder for Evans and take Green.Trading Evans might add an additional pick. That pick could be bundled to move up or just for the pick itself.

Buffalogic
01-05-2011, 08:28 PM
With all the holes on this team you would create another for a 4th & waste the 3rd pick on a WR? Thank God you are not the GM.Yup waste the pick by selecting one of the two best talents in the draft. Yeah, sorry..

It's the third pick in the draft...I don't care if YOU were playing linebacker, I'm still trying to pick the best possible talent I can get.

better days
01-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Yup waste the pick by selecting one of the two best talents in the draft. Yeah, sorry..

It's the third pick in the draft...I don't care if YOU were playing linebacker, I'm still trying to pick the best possible talent I can get.

Yeah that has worked out really well for Detroit.

Buffalogic
01-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Yeah that has worked out really well for Detroit.I said I'd pick the best talent available, not Matt Millen's opinion of the best talent possible.

Way to try and discredit an entire strategy based on one horrible gm's repeated idiocy.

BillsFever21
01-05-2011, 08:35 PM
When you are drafting 3rd you can't be stuck to any certain position. It's going to cost a ton of money so you better hit on the player.

You can't just take a lower rated player because of a need at a certain position. You need to get one of the best players available.

X-Era
01-05-2011, 08:42 PM
When you are drafting 3rd you can't be stuck to any certain position. It's going to cost a ton of money so you better hit on the player.

You can't just take a lower rated player because of a need at a certain position. You need to get one of the best players available.Agree. You need to get a player worthy of the pick. My only point is that the ranks aren't set in stone yet and a lot can change.

better days
01-05-2011, 11:37 PM
I said I'd pick the best talent available, not Matt Millen's opinion of the best talent possible.

Way to try and discredit an entire strategy based on one horrible gm's repeated idiocy.

All the WR's Millen drafted were very highly rated. My point is you do not waste the 3rd pick of the draft no matter how talented a WR is. It is just not that important of a position, & WR's can be had much later in the draft.

patmoran2006
01-05-2011, 11:47 PM

You can't just take a lower rated player because of a need at a certain position. You need to get one of the best players available.

Thank you.. Other than RB, Tight end, Kicker or Punter don't discount ANY position on this team being addressed with the third pick.

better days
01-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Thank you.. Other than RB, Tight end, Kicker or Punter don't discount ANY position on this team being addressed with the third pick.

Well, the Pats* have a number of picks in this draft & they don't have Moss. By your logic they should take a wr in the 1st. I will be very surprised if they take one before the 3rd.

feldspar
01-05-2011, 11:58 PM

No way Carolina goes for that deal. There is just no way.

We would have to give up next year's #1 as well as this year's...as well as other things. I'd have no problem including Evans in that package as well as a 5th or 6th rounder. So that's our #3 overall this year, our first pick next year, Lee Evans, and a lower round pick. Include all that, and I still don't think Carolina would go for that. As far as I can tell, they need a QB more than us, and they are in prime position to take the most highly touted QB for some time; whether he pans out or not is beside the point. Why would Carolina want to do us a favor?

Anybody from Carolina that would take your deal should be fired on the spot.

Extremebillsfan247
01-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Evans will be a Bill next year. He is coming off of a bad year production wise and spent the last part of the season on IR, we wouldn't get much for him because of that even if the Bills were to put him on the block. It's not going to happen unless some team over values him and makes the Bills an offer they would be foolish to ignore. JMO

jamze132
01-06-2011, 06:59 AM
I hope no one is seriously counting on Buffalo of all teams trading away numerous picks and/or players to move up to the 1st pick. You are going to have a broken heart.

We can't have Andrew Luck. Move on.