PDA

View Full Version : Dareus and Locker

BuffaloBlitz83
01-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Would most people be happy if that was our 1st 2 picks? I prefer Newton and Mallet to Jake but I see loads of potential in Locker too and Dareus is a fine talent.

X-Era
01-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Would most people be happy if that was our 1st 2 picks? I prefer Newton and Mallet to Jake but I see loads of potential in Locker too and Dareus is a fine talent.Dareus yes. Locker worries me. I want to get a guy that's a better decision maker or looks to be. Locker just hasn't progressed at all this year in that right. It worries me that he may never progress. The talent is there, but the inconsistency over multiple years is troublesome.

In principle, getting both in the same draft, a good prospect at DL and QB, is very possible IMO. It could go DL first and then QB or vice versa. You can get good players out of the 1st round.

DesertFox24
01-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Personally I would rather us draft D front seven or RT with our first two picks.

We could get a guy like Devlin in the 3rd or a guy I really like is Kapernick.

Mr. Miyagi
01-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Locker = Losman

bigbub2352
01-06-2011, 09:11 AM
i think we should trade back in for our QB

Philagape
01-06-2011, 09:14 AM
I don't want Locker on this team under any circumstances

X-Era
01-06-2011, 09:25 AM
i think we should trade back in for our QBI think that plan could work but that it could be precarious based on the number of teams in the top 15 that need QB's. We may have to wait and see how things unfold on draft day before we can make that our plan. I mean, right now I can't say that none of the #2, #3, #4, or #5 ranked QB's won't be worth a top 15 pick. I also can't say any of them are worth a top 15 pick either, much less the 3rd pick.

I also don't see the Bills being necessarily willing to blindly take the guy that no one else wants in the 1st round. It could be that they like a guy that they think no one else will touch in the 1st, but that means they would be putting a lot of trust in who they think no one else wants.

Or, it could be that none of the rest of the QB class outside of Luck is a sure fire 1st rounder and that the Bills can move back into late 1 and get the #2 guy or simply wait until round 2 entirely.

I think were a long way off still from being able to strategize this far into detail.

kelly2reed4six
01-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Would most people be happy if that was our 1st 2 picks? I prefer Newton and Mallet to Jake but I see loads of potential in Locker too and Dareus is a fine talent.

I'm putting my faith in Buddy Nix. If he thinks Locker is our guy, I'm on board. He takes in every element of a players game, and has proven he can get it right in San Diego. As much as the pick would scare the ***** out of me, I would accept it and cross my fingers for the future!

THATHURMANATOR
01-06-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't want Locker and I don't want Devlin. If we don't get a top QB option I just roll with Fitz.

Lone Stranger
01-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Darius and Gabbert would be fine with me. I doubt the Bills can pull that off.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-06-2011, 10:16 AM
I'd love Dareus but much rather have Devlin in the 2nd. That said, from the comments of Gailey, I think we add a qb somewhat early but not the first two picks.

T-Long
01-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Darius and Gabbert would be fine with me. I doubt the Bills can pull that off.
Its looking like Dareus and Gabbert will both go in the top 15 at least. Bills wouldn't give up all those draft picks to trade back up into the first.

I think the most likely scenario is a Fairley/Bowers/Dareus at 3 and then Devlin in Round 2.

X-Era
01-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Its looking like Dareus and Gabbert will both go in the top 15 at least. Bills wouldn't give up all those draft picks to trade back up into the first.

I think the most likely scenario is a Fairley/Bowers/Dareus at 3 and then Devlin in Round 2.I think it's been very likely for Dareus and I would not be shocked at all on Gabbert.

tampabay25690
01-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Personally I would rather us draft D front seven or RT with our first two picks.

We could get a guy like Devlin in the 3rd or a guy I really like is Kapernick.

Problem is every QB moves up now....
Devlin is gone in the 2nd now....

I would be thrilled with Dareus then Locker.
No matter what QB we draft he will sit and learn his 1st year anyway.
Locker has a ton of talent and I see the downside as well for him....

tampabay25690
01-06-2011, 08:10 PM

I think the most likely scenario is a Fairley/Bowers/Dareus at 3 and then Devlin in Round 2.

T-Long I agree with everything you said....
Im fine with Dareus, Fairley, or Bowers.

better days
01-06-2011, 08:16 PM

If the Bills really want a QB this year they may be best off trading their #3 & move down a little picking up a pick or 2 in the process.

Philagape
01-06-2011, 08:17 PM

:up: