PDA

View Full Version : Welker replaces Andre Johnson in Probowl

Mahdi
01-06-2011, 09:48 AM
This is nonsense... Welker ended up with 86 rec, 848 yards and 7 TDs.

Stevie had 82 rec, 1073 yards and 10 TDs....

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/09000d5d81d7c1da/article/welker-light-replace-johnson-long-in-pro-bowl-suh-also-out?module=HP_headlines

Dr. Lecter
01-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Welker > Johnson

psubills62
01-06-2011, 09:50 AM
This is nonsense... Welker ended up with 86 rec, 848 yards and 7 TDs.

Stevie had 82 rec, 1073 yards and 10 TDs....

Mike Wallace deserves it over both of them. 60 rec, 1257 yards, 10 TD's.

Mahdi
01-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Welker > Johnson
Right of course. Because he is a Patriot and has one of the best QBs of all time throwing to him.

Welker is one of the best slot receivers if not the best, but Johnson can be a #1. Not Welker.

Mahdi
01-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Mike Wallace deserves it over both of them. 60 rec, 1257 yards, 10 TD's.
Why does Wallace deserve it over Johnson? Johnson has 22 more receptions and just as many TDs. Not far off in yards either.

mikemac2001
01-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Its the pro bowl .........who cares

Pinkerton Security
01-06-2011, 09:58 AM
welker is a more proven player than johnson...i dont think many people outside of buffalo would vote stevie over wes

psubills62
01-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Why does Wallace deserve it over Johnson? Johnson has 22 more receptions and just as many TDs. Not far off in yards either.

Last I checked, it's generally more impressive to have a higher YPC, especially when you're in the top 10 in total yards. Wallace has turned into one of the best receivers in the game. Johnson, at this point, is not there yet.

TrEd FTW
01-06-2011, 10:01 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson got the roster spot had he made that catch vs. Pittsburgh. A lot of people with no allegiance to the Bills remember the drop, not all the good things he did during the season.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Johnson has more drops than those two combined I'd guess

EDS
01-06-2011, 10:09 AM

BECAUSE WALLACE IS THE BETTER RECEIVER!!!!!!!!!

EricStratton
01-06-2011, 10:13 AM
The comeback from injury also helps Welkers case.

Ad that to a 14-2 team and trading Moss and Wes gets the nod.

Pinkerton Security
01-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Last I checked, it's generally more impressive to have a higher YPC, especially when you're in the top 10 in total yards. Wallace has turned into one of the best receivers in the game. Johnson, at this point, is not there yet.

i dont think wallace is that good, might just be me...he is Lee Evans basically, a speedster, but a little better after the catch. Yes hes very very fast and very dangerous but hes overrated IMO.

Mahdi
01-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Johnson has more drops than those two combined I'd guess
Wrong. Welker has more drops than Johnson.

EDS
01-06-2011, 10:17 AM
i dont think wallace is that good, might just be me...he is Lee Evans basically, a speedster, but a little better after the catch. Yes hes very very fast and very dangerous but hes overrated IMO.

How can a second year receiver that just had over 1200 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns on a playoff team be overrated? And if he is overrated, what does that make Steve Johnson?

Personally, I find statistics far more impressive when they are accumulated on a winning football team.

Mahdi
01-06-2011, 10:17 AM
BECAUSE WALLACE IS THE BETTER RECEIVER!!!!!!!!!
No. I take Johnson over Wallace. Johnson is a more complete receiver IMO. Better over the middle and better ability and body control to make the tough catches and in the redzone.

Wallace is better deep but that is it.

Mahdi
01-06-2011, 10:19 AM
How can a second year receiver that just had over 1200 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns on a playoff team be overrated? And if he is overrated, what does that make Steve Johnson?

Personally, I find statistics far more impressive when they are accumulated on a winning football team.
Thats funny, I find it more impressive when you have a so so running game and less talented QB.

Wallace had the best defense in the league which got them the ball back often, a top tier QB and a VERY strong running game.

Johnson did not have the benefit of any of that.

Jaybird
01-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Lets win some games. then get guys voted in!!

EDS
01-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Thats funny, I find it more impressive when you have a so so running game and less talented QB.

Wallace had the best defense in the league which got them the ball back often, a top tier QB and a VERY strong running game.

Johnson did not have the benefit of any of that.

Did Pittsburgh have a VERY strong run game? They were 11th in the league in rushing, the Bills were 18th. The Bills averaged more yards per carry than the Steelers. Steelers offensive line sucks as much as the Bills does.

Plus, Pittsburgh has more and better receiving options than the Bills.

I guaranty if you do a poll of NFL GMs that 95% of them would take Wallace over Johnson.

trapezeus
01-06-2011, 10:48 AM
hype goes both ways. Stevie johnson catches that OT touchdown pass, he's the biggest guy in the world. He had a great year compared to himself and the bills team. he is a little above average, but still a little raw and unfocused. if he wants to be a probowl player, he needs to help the team win and not just generate good looking stats.

justasportsfan
01-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Welker > Johnson

not this year.

but then again it's all about wins and losses.

Ickybaluky
01-06-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't disagree with you.

Welker is getting it for past contributions. His reputation is based on his performance from the last few years, because this year he hasn't been a Pro Bowl player.

He really wasn't himself for most of the season, picking things up in the 2nd half of the year. If you look at his numbers over the 2nd half of the year they are closer to his previous few seasons. That is probably to be expected, given his injury.

I do think one big difference between the two is Welker gets a lot more attention from defenses. He is one of the key guys for Brady, and there have been games when teams decided they were going to use bracket coverage and take him out of the game. In those instances, Brady went elsewhere because that is what the defenses dictated. I don't think Steve Johnson has demanded that kind of attention.

Mr. Miyagi
01-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Have we all not learned by now that the Pro Bowl has nothing to do with actual performances rather than popularity and reputation, regardless they're valid or not?