Does Fitzpatrick fit the "Bill" in 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Does Fitzpatrick fit the "Bill" in 2011?

Finally was allowed to do a Bills piece. Post your comments below!

FULL STORY
  • dog14787
    • Oct 2010

Re: Does Fitzpatrick fit the "Bill" in 2011?

Good article T-Long,

Myself personally, I'm happy with Chan Gailey's head coaching and OC skills, but not so happy when it comes to his player evaluation, especially at the QB position. Brian Brohm is garbage, Trent Edwards more of the same and Ryan Fitzpatrick is a turnover machine who simply doesn't have the accuracy to become a playoff caliber QB in the NFL in my opinion (successful one anyway) To make matters worse, Buddy Nix judging from his first season as GM here in Buffalo is not going to help matters. Buffalo needs a pass rush, Nix lets Aaron Schobel walk, the last thing the team needed was a RB, Nix drafts a RB in the 1st round. The O-line and DE position was not addressed properly. The Bills haven't seen a quality, pass catching TE for so long I've almost forgotten what its like to have one

Needless to say I'm not near as happy with our GM as I am with our Head Coach Chan Gailey.

The Buffalo Bills need a franchise signal caller and If the new regime chooses to ignore the fact or continue to make blunders like we have for the last decade then I expect more of the same thing we have seen for the last ten plus years.
    Last edited by Figster; 01-06-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Mindbender
      • Apr 2010

Nice piece. I like it. Although I'm one of the fans who sighs when a CB is mentioned as the #3 pick. I wouldn't be upset with the move just tired of the CB-as-1st-round-pick train.
      "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Great article T-Long. About Denver, no question they would take Luck if he were there when they pick, but Elway also praised Tebow. He said "I can't imagine any coach that would not love to coach Tebow". I expect them to draft defense.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

You can't take a CB at that position...he just won't make that much of a difference on this team...

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
            • Jan 2010

Great article T. I think regardless of what happens in the draft or free agency, we will be seeing Fitz as our started next season barring injury. The only way I see us starting a rookie is if Fitzy goes down at some point during the season or he strings together a few terrible games consecutively.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ZAZusmc03
              Great article T. I think regardless of what happens in the draft or free agency, we will be seeing Fitz as our started next season barring injury. The only way I see us starting a rookie is if Fitzy goes down at some point during the season or he strings together a few terrible games consecutively.
              I think this is how everybody sees it playing out, but IMO, they should still be looking to draft a franchise QB this year.

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                I think this is how everybody sees it playing out, but IMO, they should still be looking to draft a franchise QB this year.
                I wholeheartedly agree. But to me, if they feel their future franchise qb will be there in the second, I hope they wait.
                Last edited by ZAZusmc03; 01-06-2011, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                  • Sep 2003

Even if we drafted a QB, Fitz is the starter for at least 2011 if not 2012. Worst thing we could do is throw a rookie in cold and have him destroyed by the Pats and Jets. The sad thing is how little credit fans(?) give Fitz for his toughness, leadership and mental agility. Those facets are every bit as important as having a cannon arm.

PTR
                  10 Commandments of the D
                  1. Never stop Rocking.
                  2. Legalize all drugs.
                  3. Quit your day job.
                  4. All Religion should be taxed.
                  5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                  6. F**k her gently.
                  7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                  8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                  9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                  10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                    Even if we drafted a QB, Fitz is the starter for at least 2011 if not 2012. Worst thing we could do is throw a rookie in cold and have him destroyed by the Pats and Jets. The sad thing is how little credit fans(?) give Fitz for his toughness, leadership and mental agility. Those facets are every bit as important as having a cannon arm.

PTR
                    You realize he's not even under contract in 2012 right?

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by X-Era
                      You realize he's not even under contract in 2012 right?
                      He'll get extended. If you think about it, Fitz is the perfect QB for a hot shot rookie to study under. He'll fight like hell to keep his job so if you want to be starter you'll have to beat him out.

PTR
                      Last edited by PromoTheRobot; 01-06-2011, 03:23 PM.
                      10 Commandments of the D
                      1. Never stop Rocking.
                      2. Legalize all drugs.
                      3. Quit your day job.
                      4. All Religion should be taxed.
                      5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                      6. F**k her gently.
                      7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                      8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                      9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                      10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                        He'll get extended.

PTR
                        What pay do you think he's worth? Starting QB pay? And if we pay it, were committing to the guy for a whole new set of years as our starter.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
                          What pay do you think he's worth? Starting QB pay? And if we pay it, were committing to the guy for a whole new set of years as our starter.
                          I think Fitz has proved to the league he is not a starter, but a VERY GOOD back up. Some team with playoff aspirations will pay him top back up money in my opinion. I hope that team is Buffalo.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by better days
                            I think Fitz has proved to the league he is not a starter, but a VERY GOOD back up. Some team with playoff aspirations will pay him top back up money in my opinion. I hope that team is Buffalo.
                            So you think Fitz, after two years of starting for us and with us having no other viable option, will take backup QB pay and stay with us?

If Gailey is saying he wants to stick with Fitz as his starter at that point, Fitz will want starting QB money.

Bring in your future and ride out his cheap contract as long as you can until you make the switch.
                            Last edited by X-Era; 01-06-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• IMissKelly
                              • Mar 2010

Great article,
                              In my opinon the only way Buffalo has any shot at reaching the playoffs within this decade is by drafting a franchise signal caller this year. To me thats Ryan Mallett.
                              As we all know by now Luck is returning for his senior year and while his talents are tempting Im not willing to wait around and watch another terrible year. Mallett has been compared to Big Ben and Flacco, 2 big arm QBs that would fair well in Buffalo. Although is decision making his sometimes questionable, with a year (or unitil Fitz F's up) under his belt should leave him with enough knowledge to be a super star, something Buffalo hasnt had since T.O. (minus the headache).
                              Did someone forget to give Ralph his meds??

Comment

Working...
                              X