PDA

View Full Version : Defensive priorities evident for Bills

justasportsfan
01-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Coach Chan Gailey attributed the team’s struggle in stopping the run to the switch to the 3-4 defense, and having to adjust to several changes at linebacker due to injury.

“I don’t know how many linebackers we seemed to go through from the start of training camp until the last game,” Gailey said. “When you’re playing four of them instead of three of them, it has a bigger impact on your football team (but) I don’t want to make excuses. I think that we sometimes get caught up in making excuses because everybody on the field is a professional football player and we should be able to play better defense. Whether we’re adjusting or not adjusting, we’ve got to get everybody and keep everybody on the same page. We’ve got to do that at a faster clip than we did this year.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Defensive-priorities-evident-for-Bills/f50cb9a6-a434-49bd-beb1-e73de9bd6f2a

WeAreArthurMoates
01-06-2011, 10:08 AM
This article and the one in the Buffalo news made it seem abundtly clear what we want to do this offseason. 1. Beef up the run defense 2. Get a real RT. 3. Not sign Whitner to 7 mil.

Lone Stranger
01-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Both of you are on target.

Oaf
01-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Without injuries, our LBs were a bottom 5 unit.

X-Era
01-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Without injuries, our LBs were a bottom 5 unit.I think it's a very big priority to at least get another significant starter at ILB, or two if Poz doesnt return. And I think another pass rushing OLB would be great as well.

EDS
01-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Must have really took some soul searching for the Bills brass to figure out the team has a problem stopping the run.

trapezeus
01-06-2011, 10:46 AM
i trust nothing a team says about their needs until after the draft. it's all a mind game. they don't want to tip anything to the players or to other teams.

everything is possibly the truth and a smokescreen.

justasportsfan
01-06-2011, 10:51 AM

we don't have to create a smokescreen that our run D blows.

better days
01-06-2011, 11:52 AM
I love listening to Gailey. All we ever got from Jauron is "I'll have to look at the film" & "It's tough to win in the NFL" Over & over & over again.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2011, 11:57 AM
im very confident with luck being gone that we are going to take fairley or dareus...

it just has to be the pick

ParanoidAndroid
01-06-2011, 12:02 PM
i trust nothing a team says about their needs until after the draft. it's all a mind game. they don't want to tip anything to the players or to other teams.

I attribute that to teams drafting the best player available even though their needs might not reflect that.

Bill Cody
01-06-2011, 12:24 PM
im very confident with luck being gone

Luck's gone? So Denver is on the clock?

Nighthawk
01-06-2011, 12:42 PM
im very confident with luck being gone that we are going to take fairley or dareus...

it just has to be the pick

IMO, there are huge bust factors with those two...this draft is pretty scary from a defensive standpoint early and the little they've performed before this year.

Night Train
01-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Luck is gone all right..until the 2012 draft. No longer an issue.

cookie G
01-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Coach Chan Gailey attributed the team’s struggle in stopping the run to the switch to the 3-4 defense, and having to adjust to several changes at linebacker due to injury.

“I don’t know how many linebackers we seemed to go through from the start of training camp until the last game,” Gailey said. “When you’re playing four of them instead of three of them, it has a bigger impact on your football team (but) I don’t want to make excuses. I think that we sometimes get caught up in making excuses because everybody on the field is a professional football player and we should be able to play better defense. Whether we’re adjusting or not adjusting, we’ve got to get everybody and keep everybody on the same page. We’ve got to do that at a faster clip than we did this year.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Defensive-priorities-evident-for-Bills/f50cb9a6-a434-49bd-beb1-e73de9bd6f2a

Chan...find someone who knows how to run a defense.

I beg you.