PDA

View Full Version : 790 in Miami reporting Harbaugh accepted Miami job.

Commissioner
01-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Read on twitter.... @TheBigLead

Mad Max
01-06-2011, 03:05 PM
shocker.

WTF was/is Luck thinking?

Slim
01-06-2011, 03:07 PM
He's saying LeBatard is reporting it. Meh whatever, I'll get worried when the Phin's start winning.

Slim
01-06-2011, 03:07 PM
shocker.

WTF was/is Luck thinking?

I'm betting somebody in house takes the HC job, OC or something.

Mad Max
01-06-2011, 03:08 PM
He's saying LeBatard is reporting it. Meh whatever, I'll get worried when the Phin's start winning.

Luckily for us Miami is almost as bad at this whole Draft thingie as we are.

No recruits for you Harbs!

Slim
01-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Luckily for us Miami is almost as bad at this whole Draft thingie as we are.

No recruits for you Harbs!

I'm pretty sure Ireland calls most of the shots down in MIA, and I'm guessing that will continue.

Static
01-06-2011, 03:09 PM

and ill celebrate his hiring when and if he starts winning.

TheBrownBear
01-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Harbaugh was the guy I wanted last year for the Bills. Did he refuse our interview offer, or did we never approach him regarding his interest? I can't recall.

Slim
01-06-2011, 03:10 PM
One reason I'm not buying this is the rooney rule. I know they can avoid it and pay a fine but that's stupid, why not have the contract "terms" in place and interview Fewell or something.

Mad Max
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Harbaugh was the guy I wanted last year for the Bills. Did he refuse our interview offer, or did we never approach him regarding his interest? I can't recall.

Jim Kelly would never allow that.

Slim
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM

Casserlly reported we offered him the job, I don't think anyone else ever confirmed it however.

Slim
01-06-2011, 03:12 PM
and ill celebrate his hiring when and if he starts winning.

For the record I think he has all the tools for the making of a great coach. Could be a great hire for you guys.

Mad Max
01-06-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm pretty sure Ireland calls most of the shots down in MIA, and I'm guessing that will continue.

I know, like I said...they're going to continue to suck at one of the pillars of NFL success.

Static
01-06-2011, 03:13 PM
One reason I'm not buying this is the rooney rule. I know they can avoid it and pay a fine but that's stupid, why not have the contract "terms" in place and interview Fewell or something.

some are saying they may have done that, there were rumors that they would interview Hue Jackson while they were out there or they may say they interviewed someone in house, either way it is just another bastardization of the rooney rule.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2011, 03:14 PM
mark ingram is a lock for miami...

Slim
01-06-2011, 03:15 PM
I know, like I said...they're going to continue to suck at one of the pillars of NFL success.

Agreed.

Bufftp
01-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Interesting
Harbaugh after posting a 12-1 season at Stanford that culminated with an Orange Bowl victory, is 29-21 in four seasons, or 17-20 in the three years prior to this.
Sparano, who has a year left on his contract, is 25-23 in three seasons. The Dolphins finished 7-9 this season, and were 1-7 at home.

I think Harbaugh had Luck he had Luck.

better days
01-06-2011, 03:17 PM

Well, for sure Ralph did not approach him with a $7Mill per year offer as Miami did.

mayotm
01-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Hopefully, it works out as well as Saban did.

PromoTheRobot
01-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Strategy #1: Go 0-16 and draft his boy Luck in 2012.

PTR

Slim
01-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Strategy #1: Go 0-16 and draft his boy Luck in 2012.

PTR

No thanks. Let's draft a QB this year and groom him, and work on improving this season. 6-8 wins would be promising.

Static

Lets hope not.

BILLSROCK1212
uh - there goes the Thanksgiving game

Prov401
01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
lol did Sparano even get fired yet?

He must feel like a douche. The scumbag Dolphins are handling this pretty disrespectfully. I'd just resign if I were Sparano.

Mad Max
01-06-2011, 03:23 PM

Why aim so high, how about as well as Wanny! I remember those guys crowing about that "score".....for an ever so brief period of time.

Beebe's Kid
01-06-2011, 03:24 PM
This is good... Like I always say; real men don't wear teal. Harbaugh is a sissy ****, so him in teal works for me. **** Harbaugh.

This reminds me of the old addage..."**** Miami."

better days
01-06-2011, 03:26 PM

He must feel like a douche. The scumbag Dolphins are handling this pretty disrespectfully. I'd just resign if I were Sparano.

If you resign you don't get paid.

mayotm
01-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Why aim so high, how about as well as Wanny! I remember those guys crowing about that "score".....for an ever so brief period of time.I chose Saban because he was the last hot shot college coach the Dolphins brought in.

Mr. Miyagi
01-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Interesting
Harbaugh after posting a 12-1 season at Stanford that culminated with an Orange Bowl victory, is 29-21 in four seasons, or 17-20 in the three years prior to this.
Sparano, who has a year left on his contract, is 25-23 in three seasons. The Dolphins finished 7-9 this season, and were 1-7 at home.

I think Harbaugh had Luck he had Luck.
News flash to Dolphins fans.

Chad Henne is no Andrew Luck.

Good luck with that.

Mr. Miyagi
01-06-2011, 03:43 PM

No Sparano will be like Milton in Office Space.

SquishDaFish
01-06-2011, 04:06 PM
ESPN just reported that Denver called Harbaugh and are setting up an interview with him

Michael82
01-06-2011, 04:37 PM
ESPN just reported that Denver called Harbaugh and are setting up an interview with him

Come on Denver, get in there and steal him from the Dolphins! :pray:

Nighthawk
01-06-2011, 05:16 PM
I don't know...Harbaugh doesn't exactly scare me as an opposition HC.

YardRat
01-06-2011, 05:22 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/we-cant-tell-you-this-but-jim-harbaugh-is-the-next-coach-of-the-dolphins-2011-1

The Dolphins want Jim Harbaugh to be their next coach. He wants to accept. They want to pay more than any other coach in football. He wants to paid more than other coach in a state with no income (http://www.businessinsider.com/we-cant-tell-you-this-but-jim-harbaugh-is-the-next-coach-of-the-dolphins-2011-1#) tax.
Miami wants to fire Tony Sparano. Sparano probably wants to pack his bags and go (http://phinphanatic.com/2011/01/06/breaking-news-number-2-sparano-fired/).
All of these things are going to happen. They might have already happened. But Miami can't admit that they've happened because they haven't obeyed the Rooney Rule yet.

http://www.sportsrageous.com/denver-to-interview-stanfords-harbaugh-01-06-2011

Jim Harbaugh continues to be the hottest name on the coaching market. After interviews with San Francisco and Miami, the former NFL quarterback is in the process of meeting with the Denver Broncos and their new Vice President, John Elway.

Nighthawk
01-06-2011, 05:24 PM
The dumbest move is paying him like he's accomplished something already. Hey, the Bills are a bad organization, but the Dolphins are not far behind.

better days
01-06-2011, 06:02 PM
News flash to Dolphins fans.

Chad Henne is no Andrew Luck.

Good luck with that.

And to think they could have drafted Matty ICE Ryan in that draft. WOW Did Parcalls ever screw the puch on that one.

dasaybz
01-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Miami ****ing sucks. I'd be shocked if they had a better record than the Bills next year.

Mike13
01-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Got to love the inferiority complex is still alive and well with you all.

He's saying LeBatard is reporting it. Meh whatever, I'll get worried when the Phin's start winning

Lebatard's source is never wrong.

The same source called LBJ to the Heat 2 days before it happened.
The same source said Al Golden would be the Hurricanes head coach
The same source said that Gruden didnt want theHurricanes job when everyone was sure he did.
the list goes on.

Nighthawk
01-06-2011, 07:11 PM

The same source said that Gruden didnt want theHurricanes job when everyone was sure he did.
the list goes on.

So, you're telling me that you wouldn't give us **** if the Bills paid the stupid amount the Phins are reported to be offering? Also, last time I checked, nothing the Phins have done for the past 3 decades has worked for them, so it's not like you have anything to gloat about.

better days
01-06-2011, 07:14 PM
So, you're telling me that you wouldn't give us **** if the Bills paid the stupid amount the Phins are reported to be offering? Also, last time I checked, nothing the Phins have done for the past 3 decades has worked for them, so it's not like you have anything to gloat about.

Well they did get Gloria Esteffan................TOO BAD she is way past her prime. She was HOT back in the day though.

Night Train
01-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Looks to be wishful thinking and little else.

better days
01-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Looks to be wishful thinking and little else.

I was listening to 940 AM, the Miami sports station on the way to the store. They said Miami has to interview for the Rooney rule before Harbaugh's hiring can be made official.

Mike13
01-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Its more than just wishful thinking NT.

Florio said on the radio that Miami already interviewed a minority canidate.
Its just too late to file that now, NFL offices are closed at the time. We will probably hear something in the morning, if thats true.

7-8 million is insane for a first time coach, I would not pay him that much. But **** its not my money, and desperate times do call for desperate measures.

As for Sparano: yes it is kind of assholish to kill him with papercuts, BUT organizations do this all the times to players. Hell Cowher was intrested in 3 jobs that didnt have vacancies before he backpedaled.

I have some doubts, we have been snake-bitten before but Harbuagh is nothing like Saban from what I have heard.
Harbuagh apparently has been dying to get back in the NFL, Saban had a wild hair up his ass and just wanted to try it.

I dont know what we are going to do about our QB situation, none of the prospects outside of Luck wowed me.

psubills62
01-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Amid reports that the Dolphins already have a deal in principal with Jim Harbaugh, ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms that the team is still not in compliance with the Rooney Rule.

Meanwhile, coach Tony Sparano twists in the wind for a third straight day of heavy speculation. It's going to be awfully difficult for Miami to set up a sham interview with a minority candidate at this point. Per Schefter, the Broncos are now attempting to set up an interview with Harbaugh while the Dolphins sort through their mess. A busy Harbaugh reportedly met with Stanford early in the day to field their best offer as well.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I have a hard time believing a team can officially comply with the Rooney Rule while still having a head coach in place. Although Schefter has been more and more wrong lately, he seems to be right on this one.

Why exactly is it so hard to just fire Sparano?

Mike13
01-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Sparano is our "fall back option" which is stupid because he knows he'd be a lame duck if all this falls apart.

You cant go back to Sparano now though, its too late for that.

better days
01-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Sparano is our "fall back option" which is stupid because he knows he'd be a lame duck if all this falls apart.

You cant go back to Sparano now though, its too late for that.

The bigger problem is all the players will know Sparano will be a lame duck. Well maybe Miami's plan is to go 0-16 & get Luck next year.

Mike13
01-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Hmm a year of suffering, for the greater good essentially.

better days
01-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Hmm a year of suffering, for the greater good essentially.

That is what we have been telling ourselves all season.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Of course....He hates the Bills...

Mad Max
01-06-2011, 08:42 PM

Then he's really going to hate getting thumped by us regularly.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p285/kannand/dolphin_gay_sharks.jpg

Ingtar33
01-06-2011, 08:56 PM

lol... that was my thought when i first heard the news... "wow, he must REALLY hate Jim Kelly"; then i heard how much money he's been offered... and i thought... "hell, hating the bills has nothing to do with it... i bet that's 2x the highest offer he's got thus far."

Mike13
01-06-2011, 09:28 PM

are the Bills important enough for him to hate?

psubills62
01-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Dolphins have bowed out of the Jim Harbaugh race and will retain Tony Sparano as head coach.

Owner Stephen Ross was reportedly offering to make Harbaugh the highest-paid coach in the NFL in an effort to turn the Dolphins into the NFL's version of the Lakers. For that money, he wanted apparently wanted Harbaugh to immediately commit to taking his talents to South Beach. Ross will now turn back to Sparano, who oversaw the NFL's version of the Indiana Pacers in 2010. It will be interesting to see how GM Jeff Ireland smooths things over with Sparano after flying across the country with Ross and new football czar Carl Peterson to recruit his replacement. Awkward times in Miami.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1314

Wow, if the Dolphins do stick with Sparano for the next year, that is going to be a monster dysfunctional team.

Mad Max
01-06-2011, 10:21 PM

the list goes on.

:clap:

Mike13
01-06-2011, 10:35 PM
well **** me.

Michael82
01-06-2011, 10:35 PM
:clap:

:rofl:

kingJofNYC
01-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Le******

Mike13
01-06-2011, 10:53 PM
And people wonder why that stadium is always so ****ing empty.

wmoz11
01-06-2011, 11:09 PM
This is hilarious. Next year is going to be awkward at Gloria Estefan Field.

Mike13
01-06-2011, 11:25 PM
*Meanwhile in Davie FL*

TS: Well thats all my stuff, I'll really miss this place k?

*phone rings*

SR: Tony? Tony are you still there?

TS: Yes Mr Ross I was just pac-

SR: OH THANK JESUS, hey guess what, you're the Miami Dolphins new coach!

TS: But I thought you were going to fire me...

SR: HAH WAT YOU SMOKIN BRAH?

TS: Dan and a few other people left... I thought Jim was your guy...

SR: Man you're so wasted right now its hilarious, I never spoke to Jim Harbuagh!

TS: I was certain that I was going to be fir-

SR: Come on man, how could I fire you, when I never hired you to begin with?

TS: But thats why everyone thought you were going to fi-

SR: Why are you being so difficult? Just roll wit it.

*Meanwhile in Stanford, California*

AL: Man I really am going to miss Coach Harbuagh.

*someone knocks on the door*

AL: I wonder who that could be.....

JB: Hello Andrew.

AL: Coach? I thou-

JB:Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssh Dont speak....lets just enjoy the moment

*Marvin Gaye plays in the background*

Beebe's Kid
01-06-2011, 11:32 PM
As bad as 4-10 was...at this is ****ing great!!!!

:squish:

BertSquirtgum
01-07-2011, 12:50 AM
this is so great. **** you dolphins. i hate you so much. we're going to be better than you next year. ahahahahaha

Ingtar33
01-07-2011, 02:07 AM
*Meanwhile in Davie FL*

TS: Well thats all my stuff, I'll really miss this place k?

*phone rings*

SR: Tony? Tony are you still there?

TS: Yes Mr Ross I was just pac-

SR: OH THANK JESUS, hey guess what, you're the Miami Dolphins new coach!

TS: But I thought you were going to fire me...

SR: HAH WAT YOU SMOKIN BRAH?

TS: Dan and a few other people left... I thought Jim was your guy...

SR: Man you're so wasted right now its hilarious, I never spoke to Jim Harbuagh!

TS: I was certain that I was going to be fir-

SR: Come on man, how could I fire you, when I never hired you to begin with?

TS: But thats why everyone thought you were going to fi-

SR: Why are you being so difficult? Just roll wit it.

*Meanwhile in Stanford, California*

AL: Man I really am going to miss Coach Harbuagh.

*someone knocks on the door*

AL: I wonder who that could be.....

JB: Hello Andrew.

AL: Coach? I thou-

JB:Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssh Dont speak....lets just enjoy the moment

*Marvin Gaye plays in the background*

dude... i'll say it.. this might be the 2nd or 3rd time EVER i've thanked a fins fan... but i feel for you dude.

seriously... first time in my life i've actually felt SORRY for a fins fan. hell... first time in my life i've felt sorry for a fins coach. TS was just publicly dicked over... and the poor guy just has to smile and take it.

as a sidenote... i've always like TS... and think the fins fans are giving him the shaft... he's not a bad HC... he's just got a **** eating front office. hell if i was a coach in the NFL i would seriously consider him for my staff at either OC or OL coach.