PDA

View Full Version : Is Harbaugh guaranteed to be a great coach?

THATHURMANATOR
01-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Don't the Dolphins remember Saban? College and NFL are two different animals. I could see him being good but what an expensive gamble.

BILLSROCK1212
01-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Don't the Dolphins remember Saban? College and NFL are two different animals. I could see him being good but what an expensive gamble.
agreed...harbaugh though is far and away a more legitimate candidate based on his extensive NFL experience, mainly as a coach and his brother surely doesn't hurt his chances

regardless, it's a gamble that probably on the 49ers should be making...the 'Fins should be investing in Gruden

Novacane
01-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Jimmy Johnson was going to take Miami to the promised land. Then Saban was going to take them there. Now it's Harbaugh. Whatever. I'm not worried.

trapezeus
01-06-2011, 04:41 PM
i think the problem in miami is the city itself. i think it's hard to be 100% dedicated as a young guy with money to burn and awesome weather. There isn't a die hard fan base to ride you out of town if you suck, you don't hear it on the sports radio all day. There is no incentive to be good.

You play on the northeast, and cities live and die with their team. And it's the winter, there isn't much to do but play football.a nd football matters even if you suck.

Miami is a party town. It will take a special person to get 53 young men with plenty of money and people chasing them to be dedicated to the cause. and it'll take a special 53 guys to avoid all the distractions of miami.

Night Train
01-06-2011, 05:24 PM
His father was a coach. His brother is a coach. He learned a ton in Baltimore under Ted Marrchibroda, who was brilliant in scheming Offense (as we well know)

He's been groomed for a long time and ran a pro style look at Stanford. All the stars are alligned for him to be successful, so you can't blame people for looking at him.

Mr. Pink
01-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Yes!

Just ask Lou Holtz, Butch Davis, Pete Carroll and Nick Saban, they'll tell you.

Nighthawk
01-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Yes!

Just ask Lou Holtz, Butch Davis, Pete Carroll and Nick Saban, they'll tell you.

The funniest part is what the Phins are going to pay him...freakin' hilarious! I hope he falls on his face and they get stuck with him because the price tag to buy him out would be too high! Leave it to Miami...their owner is such "name" whore...he just wants the attention of making big splashes. Who does that sound like? Umm...Daniel Snyder???

WeAreArthurMoates
01-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Nope, when you have a once in a generation qb it's easy to win games at Standford.

Raptor
01-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Im just glad its not Cowher

BuffaloBlitz83
01-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Lets keep it real fellow Bills fan. We all wish we could have Harbaugh over Chan. Nothing is guaranteed. Not even Cowher

Nighthawk
01-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Lets keep it real fellow Bills fan. We all wish we could have Harbaugh over Chan. Nothing is guaranteed. Not even Cowher

It's true, but the money they are paying him is stupid....

methos4ever
01-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Have now or have had him prior? I know prior there was no contest. Now, not sure...

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-07-2011, 07:43 AM
I am actually a little surprised over the Harbaugh in the NFL hype. The guy seems like a good college ball coach, but he just won over the last two years with who can be argued as the greatest QB prospect in years and the consesus #1 draft pick in the NFL if he declared. I just don't know why he is being rumored to have the highest coaching salary being offered to him.

Static
01-07-2011, 07:52 AM
There is no guarantee any coach is going to be great, even if we had hired Cowher there is no guarantee he can repeat the success. I mean you can look at the track record and feel that you have a good chance. Harbaugh is just out there at the right time with desperate owners trying to right there ships.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-07-2011, 07:57 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5997519

Sparano to stay on as HC phins

Static
01-07-2011, 08:01 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5997519

Sparano to stay on as HC phins

Whoa slow down, the soap opera may not be over yet lol.

ArmandoSalguero Armando Salguero
Tony Sparano has not been told by Dolphins he will be retained despite leaks to sources of that fact. There is a meeting planned for today.
12 minutes ago

methos4ever
01-07-2011, 08:01 AM
I think as others have said he's a coaching and football lifer that's been groomed for this. Much like the debate re: Luck going or staying, Harbaugh has positioned himself to be the premier candidate in the NFL now or perhaps next year. Eventually I think he goes; but if he goes back with Luck and they win a NC or at least do as well as this year, he'll make more than a good bit of the players he'll coach.

Extremebillsfan247
01-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Who knows? he might actually be pretty good at the pro level. Coaching runs in the family, and he isn't exactly a stranger to the game at the NFL level either. He is definitely a prospect that at some point will get his chance to prove what he can do. Discounting him because he coaches at the college level I think would be a mistake.

Bill Cody
01-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Harbough is guaranteed NOT to be a great coach....at least for Miami

TacklingDummy
01-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Without a QB he will look like the rest of them. Just like every Bills coach since Kelly retired. Except for the 2 years of Flutie.