PDA

View Full Version : First Luckless Mock Draft

TigerJ
01-06-2011, 09:26 PM
As far as I know, Draft Tek has done the first mock draft since Luck announced he's staying in school. They do a computer simulation, so they can generate a new mock in seconds.

They have Carolina selecting (drum roll please): Nick Fairley

Denver then picks: Marcell Dareus.

Thus in a matter of minutes probably the two players most suited to address Buffalo's defensive line woes are gone.

Draft Tek then has Buffalo selecting Robert Quinn. I personally don't see that happening. Either they are discounting much of any impact from the Merriman signing, or they missed it altogether. I think the Bills might go with Bowers if both Fairley and Dareus are gone. If they don't think Bowers is a good fit, then it's possible they will go for AJ Green or Patrick Peterson, who seem to be the best players available at that point. Of course, that leaves Buffalo with arguably their worst hole unaddressed by their top draft choice yet again.

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

bigdog72ny
01-06-2011, 09:34 PM
saw another one with the same to picks 1 and 2 and bills taking peterson

Jaybird
01-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Quinn is a freak! his size and speed are amazing. If he didn't get suspended their would be more talk about him

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-06-2011, 09:43 PM
what happened to gabbert? fell completly out of the first round now?

JCBills
01-06-2011, 09:49 PM
I'd actually be fine with that, leaving Gabbert there to take in the 2nd.

Arctic Wild Man
01-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Gabbert won't make it past Carolina in the 2nd.

This draft just went to worst case scenario for us. :-(

Jamiezzz
01-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Carolina doesn't have a second. Their second belongs to the Pats.

Mike
01-06-2011, 10:08 PM
I'd actually be fine with that, leaving Gabbert there to take in the 2nd.

Actually, that mock draft totally forgot about Gabbert. He was not in any of the top 3 rounds. Maybe it was produced before he declared.

JCBills
01-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Actually, that mock draft totally forgot about Gabbert. He was not in any of the top 3 rounds. Maybe it was produced before he declared.

Says it was updated today, but they might have only updated the first round or two.

Prov401
01-06-2011, 10:20 PM

Pats have Carolina's pick in the 2nd.

better days
01-07-2011, 12:01 AM

They will probably trade it back to the Panthers for Carolinas 1st pick next year which will again be the #1 pick in the draft.

Ingtar33
01-07-2011, 02:21 AM
i don't mind taking Quinn at 3... better then taking some position we don't need... al la Spiller.

as a sidenote... i don't think the broncos will go for Dareus; they have more needs on the ol.

Mahdi
01-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Quinn is definitely a possibility. The Bills biggest weakness on defense is the LB corps.

Right now they have 2 unproven guys in Maybin and Moats, 1 guy coming off injury, and Kelsay who is not a fit.

Quinn has the size and the pass rushing ability to stick on the strong side as the OLB instead of Kelsay and then Moats, Maybin and Merriman battle it out on the weakside.

Our DL would be Carrington - KW - Edwards and then you add a very good ILB in FA and another one through the draft and your defense looks pretty darn good.

jamze132
01-07-2011, 09:13 AM
i don't mind taking Quinn at 3... better then taking some position we don't need... al la Spiller.

as a sidenote... i don't think the broncos will go for Dareus; they have more needs on the ol.
I agree but what OL is worth #2 overall?

Ed
01-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Denver's biggest weakness right now is their front 7 for sure. If they don't take a D-lineman the only other player I could see them taking is Peterson, assuming Champ Bailey signs somewhere else.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Which makes a trade-up opportunity even more ripe. Swap #1 and #3 so that Buffalo can leapfrog Denver in exchange for a high second round pick. The question is, would it be worth it for Buffalo to offer it?

X-Era
01-07-2011, 06:03 PM
I agree but what OL is worth #2 overall?I think Carolina goes DL and Denver takes Peterson... Bailey is a FA and Perrish Cox has an impending criminal situation.

YardRat
01-07-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't think Denver goes o-line, unless they trade down. Peterson or d-line.

X-Era
01-07-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't think Denver goes o-line, unless they trade down. Peterson or d-line.Right now it wouldn't surprise me if the first OL went below 15.

TigerJ
01-07-2011, 07:16 PM

Carolina traded their second round pick to the Patriots.

TigerJ
01-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Right now it wouldn't surprise me if the first OL went below 15.

Agreed. I think the best offensive lineman is rated a borderline first or second rounder. Bad year for elite offensive linemen. On the other hand, Buffalo could conceivably pick up a serviceable starting right tackle in the second or third.

X-Era
01-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Agreed. I think the best offensive lineman is rated a borderline first or second rounder. Bad year for elite offensive linemen. On the other hand, Buffalo could conceivably pick up a serviceable starting right tackle in the second or third.I could easily see that happening. I'd love to get Carimi but I don't think he will drop to the top of round 2. With where we are in round 2, it could be someone like DeMarcus Love. I wouldn't mind targeting a guy like Zeimba or Hairston late in the draft.

Tatonka
01-08-2011, 12:04 AM
gabbert is listed in the 4th round.

X-Era
01-08-2011, 07:15 AM
gabbert is listed in the 4th round.I don't see that at all. I see someone who is a late 1st early 2nd at this point with a chance to impress and move even into early 1st consideration. Where did you see him listed that way?