• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WHYMEbillsfan
    • Nov 2005

A letter to ownership

Dear Ralph Wilson and Family,
    I hope you and yours had a fantastic holiday season and will have a wonderful New Year. Sadly, you will be enjoying this 2011 and future seasons without me as a fan. For 40 years I have been a diehard Bills fan. My dad first started taking me to the games when I was 4 years old. I remember the Ferguson years, bags over heads and all. My dad's cousin actually was a quarterbacks coach for your team when Hank Bulloch was at the helm. Those were rough times but also pretty cool for me as I got to meet a lot of the players. I actually saw Bruce Smith take offensive snaps during his rookie season-I have Bruce Mattesons in play armband to prove it! I was excited and optimistic when we acquired Jim Kelly- Those were great times- 4 Superbowl losses(in a row) not withstanding. Fast forward to the last decade. I hate to be critical of someones life work, for I, as a business owner and chef can appreciate how hard it can be to please everybody. That being said, If I take my family to a restaurant (for example), and the product steadily worsens and becomes more inconsistant and less satisfying I will not go back. I cannot tell you how much money I have spent on the Bills. The indoctrination of my three daughters into Bills fandome is priceless in itself. I am not complaining- I'm just not going back to your crappy restaurant! I am just one man with a great family and a wonderful wife (who thinks I'm crazy to subject myself to the emotional ups and downs- mostly downs- of your miserable football team) and this is seriously the first time I've ever posted or commented. Just wanted to wish you well in the future. The past 40 years have been somewhat entertaining- but mostly heartbreaking.

Sincerely RTW
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: A letter to ownership

See you later alligator.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Ummm just try not to get too emotionally involved. It's football. These clowns are being paid millions of dollars, they wake up the next day feeling fine, so why cant you?

Being a Bills fan isnt easy, harassment aside you pretty much go into every season having expectations for this team, and if you go into every season thinking we're a superbowl squad then we'll be talking you off a ledge every Monday. Be realistic keep emotions out of it until there's something on the field worth investing emotion into.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'm pretty diehard too. But at the end of the day, it's only a game. It's entertainment. View it for what it is and you'll save yourself some money on blood pressure medication.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          I'm pretty diehard too. But at the end of the day, it's only a game. It's entertainment. View it for what it is and you'll save yourself some money on blood pressure medication.
          it's not entertaining when we ALWAYS lose though. Granted, we don't lose every single game, but we lose so much that the wins aren't meaningful and we're never even close to getting the real prize. No team is good all the time, but no fans should suffer through a team that's bad all the time either.

I ****ing hate this time of year. The fans of all the good teams are getting pumped for playoff games and dreaming of that SB trophy, which may be less of a month away. It reminds me of back in the 90's when the Bills were in the playoffs every year and had a legit shot of winning, and I'm not going to lie... I'm jealous as hell.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I've asked you before and ask you again. How's YOUR blood pressure Op?

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
              We play to win the game!
              • Oct 2009

We are worse than Miami. That kills

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

I've asked you before and ask you again. How's YOUR blood pressure Op?
                It's fine because I get all this stuff out, instead of pretending to be so enlightened that it doesn't bother me until I either die of a massive heart attack or end up in jail for strangling a McDonald's clerk for giving me medium fries instead of large. That's where the rest of you are headed.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

Dear WHY, what was his name, me, what was his name, uhh fan,

Thank you for your dedication to my football team. Unfortunately, I...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    It's fine because I get all this stuff out, instead of pretending to be so enlightened that it doesn't bother me until I either die of a massive heart attack or end up in jail for strangling a McDonald's clerk for giving me medium fries instead of large. That's where the rest of you are headed.
                    There's gotta be an easier way, Op!!!

If you are ordering large McDonald's fries, you are liable to have heart attack, regardless of the Bills fortunes.

We are going to have to agree to disagree, because I am a pretty die hard fan, and I don't need to take the negative, or letter writing stance. Is it frustrating? **** yes, man, **** yes. It is frustrating.

Any of us that bother posting here are lying to ourselves if we say it's a few hours on Sunday and we're done... Those are the people you see on the scoreboard. There was no chance in hell they were going to put me on the Jumbotron at that New England game...why would they? They can find some ****ing moron that is at his first Bills game, because somebody he knew had tickets, and he's got a BAC of .2 and not a care in the world, so he screams at the camera and gives you the "we're number 1."

I do not however let it ruin my life...that's what I have a wife for...

I also don't take it personally, like if the Bills don't win, it's because they are trying to **** my life. They just haven't been very good at what they do...top to bottom. There are plenty of real conspiracies...the Bills isn't one of them. They have just been a bad football team, that continues to make bad decisions.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by WHYMEbillsfan
                      Dear Ralph Wilson and Family,
                      I hope you and yours had a fantastic holiday season and will have a wonderful New Year. Sadly, you will be enjoying this 2011 and future seasons without me as a fan. For 40 years I have been a diehard Bills fan. My dad first started taking me to the games when I was 4 years old. I remember the Ferguson years, bags over heads and all. My dad's cousin actually was a quarterbacks coach for your team when Hank Bulloch was at the helm. Those were rough times but also pretty cool for me as I got to meet a lot of the players. I actually saw Bruce Smith take offensive snaps during his rookie season-I have Bruce Mattesons in play armband to prove it! I was excited and optimistic when we acquired Jim Kelly- Those were great times- 4 Superbowl losses(in a row) not withstanding. Fast forward to the last decade. I hate to be critical of someones life work, for I, as a business owner and chef can appreciate how hard it can be to please everybody. That being said, If I take my family to a restaurant (for example), and the product steadily worsens and becomes more inconsistant and less satisfying I will not go back. I cannot tell you how much money I have spent on the Bills. The indoctrination of my three daughters into Bills fandome is priceless in itself. I am not complaining- I'm just not going back to your crappy restaurant! I am just one man with a great family and a wonderful wife (who thinks I'm crazy to subject myself to the emotional ups and downs- mostly downs- of your miserable football team) and this is seriously the first time I've ever posted or commented. Just wanted to wish you well in the future. The past 40 years have been somewhat entertaining- but mostly heartbreaking.

Sincerely RTW
                      You're lying. There are ways to check on this kind of thing and this is your third post...

Usually the fans here are so optimistic, and you come here with all of this negativity and try to turn the Zone into a house of lies???

I hear the Dolphins are accepting fans, regardless of their integrity.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        Clearly you still have plenty bottled up in your system.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                          You're lying. There are ways to check on this kind of thing and this is your third post...

Usually the fans here are so optimistic, and you come here with all of this negativity and try to turn the Zone into a house of lies???

Actually, why in the world would you be on a message board and not post? Start posting more dummy. Don't just come on here and read all of our dumb posts, get posting.

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                            Actually, why in the world would you be on a message board and not post? Start posting more dummy. Don't just come on here and read all of our dumb posts, get posting.

Why would he? The guys been a board member for 5 years and only posted 3 times. He finally posts and people respond with garbage like who cares see ya later and calling him a liar. There are a lot of aholes that post here. I can understand why a lot of people just lurk. They don't want to open themselves up to being attacked by these a-holes.
                            Last edited by Novacane; 01-07-2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid

Stupid post

Comment

Working...
                              X