PDA

View Full Version : Creating a mock draft before free agency begins

Stewie
01-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Is kind of like teaching a baby how to wipe its ass before it knows how to poop in the toilet.

What's the point?

psubills62
01-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Boredom? Some people also get excited about the draft. Free agency won't fill every need, so it's very likely we'll still need the following come April:

QB
WR
TE
OT
DE
OLB
ILB
CB
S

In no particular order.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-07-2011, 09:15 AM
You have to remember that there are guys on here who think they are draft experts, some even throw draft in their name, and they use cool words like technique, film, etc. I use to do it, I use to watch so much college football I thought I knew what would translate into the NFL too. These guys only wait until the end of the season so they can try to explain what NFL teams are going to do because they watch some college football games and have an opinion on what NFL teams and GMs are going to do. At the end of the day they, like the rest of us have absolutely no idea. You have to just take it for what it is, entertainment. Think of the mock drafts as wrestling, it looks all nice and good, but at the end of the day, it is entertainment.

Mahdi
01-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Is kind of like teaching a baby how to wipe its ass before it knows how to poop in the toilet.

What's the point?
I doubt we fill in FA whatever position we pick in at #3. I think FA will be used for ILB and OL depth.

As for our first pick it will most likely be CB, QB or pass rushing front 7 player.

So I think it is fair to speculate on our 1st rounder regardless of FA.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-07-2011, 10:04 AM
You have to remember that there are guys on here who think they are draft experts, some even throw draft in their name, and they use cool words like technique, film, etc. I use to do it, I use to watch so much college football I thought I knew what would translate into the NFL too. These guys only wait until the end of the season so they can try to explain what NFL teams are going to do because they watch some college football games and have an opinion on what NFL teams and GMs are going to do. At the end of the day they, like the rest of us have absolutely no idea. You have to just take it for what it is, entertainment. Think of the mock drafts as wrestling, it looks all nice and good, but at the end of the day, it is entertainment.

hmmm , wasnt the whole message board wanting orakpo? or how about ngata? or mckinnie. we are not as clueless as you make it out to be... in fact if buffalos past front office was replaced with 1 random bills fan we would be better...

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-07-2011, 11:04 AM
hmmm , wasnt the whole message board wanting orakpo? or how about ngata? or mckinnie. we are not as clueless as you make it out to be... in fact if buffalos past front office was replaced with 1 random bills fan we would be better...

Yeah, OK.

Bill Cody
01-07-2011, 11:10 AM

What's the point?

I would kind of like my kid to be let in on the ass wiping secret before he takes his first dump but that's just me.

Extremebillsfan247
01-07-2011, 11:17 AM

What's the point?It wont stop people from doing it though. Welcome to the offseason.

Mahdi
01-07-2011, 11:22 AM
How bout we shut down the board and resume in 2 months.... Peace yall.

DraftBoy
01-07-2011, 11:22 AM

What's the point?

I think the bigger foul is doing one before the Jrs all declare. Every single mock draft changed yesterday.

Im not really doing any this year, like I have in year's past. Its just too hard to perdict this early.

psubills62
01-07-2011, 11:24 AM
I think the bigger foul is doing one before the Jrs all declare. Every single mock draft changed yesterday.

Im not really doing any this year, like I have in year's past. Its just too hard to perdict this early.

Are you going to do the mock draft game again, where people sign up and everyone is assigned a team? That was fun, though would have been a lot better if more people had both signed up and participated.

DraftBoy
01-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Are you going to do the mock draft game again, where people sign up and everyone is assigned a team? That was fun, though would have been a lot better if more people had both signed up and participated.

Yep, along with the pick-a-day game, the combine contest, and the best 1st round mock.

better days
01-07-2011, 11:32 AM

Can't argue with that.

Bill Cody
01-07-2011, 11:39 AM

I'll see your random bills fan and raise you a spider monkey.

step 1) buy a "draft guide" and creat a draft board in the form of a dart board.

step 2) teach a spider monkey to throw darts

step 3) update the dart board as needed to reflect chosen players and adding additional names further down the list

You tell me that the spider monkey could not have beaten our results for the past decade

imbondz
01-07-2011, 11:43 AM
nothing more boring than reading mock drafts

Bill Cody
01-07-2011, 11:59 AM
nothing more boring than reading mock drafts

nascar?

Stewie
01-07-2011, 12:15 PM
I would kind of like my kid to be let in on the ass wiping secret before he takes his first dump but that's just me.

Point taken. But if you can figure it out, you got a one in a billion baby, kind of like an accurate mock written in January.

Bill Cody
01-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Point taken. But if you can figure it out, you got a one in a billion baby, kind of like an accurate mock written in January.

really? so you're saying the standard conversation goes like this?

Kid: Mommy me go potty!

Mom: Good boy Stewie!

Kid: My pants wet.

Mom: sweetheart that's because I forgot to tell you to wipe your ****ing ass, my bad.

Stewie
01-07-2011, 02:34 PM
really? so you're saying the standard conversation goes like this?

Kid: Mommy me go potty!

Mom: Good boy Stewie!

Kid: My pants wet.

Mom: sweetheart that's because I forgot to tell you to wipe your ****ing ass, my bad.

If you know a 18 month old who knows how to **** and properly wipe his ass clean without leaving any tp nuggets behind, you should have him teach some adults I've encountered.

Bill Cody
01-07-2011, 02:40 PM
If you know a 18 month old who knows how to **** and properly wipe his ass clean without leaving any tp nuggets behind, you should have him teach some adults I've encountered.

You've encountered how? What are you an orderly? I have to admit, you seem to know more about tp nuggets than I do.:couch:

DrGraves
01-07-2011, 02:42 PM
ya know what has less of a point? making this thread.

alohabillsfan
01-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Last year alot of people thought DT Dan Williams, there are other "experts" that thought he would be gone before we even drafted, he went 26th to the Cardinals.

Here are some more quotes from our experts...

2005-I hope the Phins pick Rodgers. He has bust written all over him. (QB Arron rodgers)
I think McPherson may be the best QB in the draft.

Three best QBs in draft IMO: 2005

1. Smith
2. Campbell
3. McPherson

The draft class included, arron rodgers, kyle orton, matt cassel and your very own, RYAN FITZPATRICK!!!

ROFL......

Stewie
01-07-2011, 03:28 PM
You've encountered how? What are you an orderly? I have to admit, you seem to know more about tp nuggets than I do.:couch:

this one time at band camp your mom was there

:brace:

:D