X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Just My Interpretation of the Situation

This is not a mock, I am not advocating one pick over another, I simply have an opinion of how, or close to how, this draft is going to work.

I think we draft QB, whether Chan, Buddy, or anybody else likes it or not. I think we are going to reach. I just hope that the best of the QB's is still on the board at 3.

Remember when Ralph said that we were going to draft a QB after the season? I have a feeling that he has had his mind made up, and that there is little to nothing, including the QB's available vs. the other talent, that will stop him.

I think Ralph was responsible for Kelsay. I also believe that we reached for Whitner because of Ralph. I have read from a poster on a board that is comparable to our own BlameCanada that Ralph had ties to several Big 10 schools, most notably, OSU and PSU. I came away with the impression that Ralph received a "hot tip" on Whitner, and forced his hand in taking him.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, and I don't blame Ralph for every single misfortune in the past 150 years. I don't think Ralph is cheap. I don't necessarily agree with all of his decisions, but I respect the man.

What I am saying is that for all of the draftniks, or the Fitzy Fan Club, putting myself in the latter, if there isn't a QB you think we "have to have" at 3, too bad. I bet Ralph pulls rank, and we get a QB, because that's what he said we were going to do.

Picking #3, this could actually end up working out, if there is a QB worth taking, because I do believe that Nix will be the one Ralph leans on for his pick. It would also be nice if Ralph would trust Chan to developing the QB the right way, and not, again, pull rank and demand his shiny new toy becomes the starter immediately.

I know it's not much, and until this second, I haven't even talked about Luck, but I feel this is a very realistic possibility.

I could be way off, and that would be just fine with me.

• dog14787
    • Oct 2010

Re: Just My Interpretation of the Situation

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
    This is not a mock, I am not advocating one pick over another, I simply have an opinion of how, or close to how, this draft is going to work.

I think we draft QB, whether Chan, Buddy, or anybody else likes it or not. I think we are going to reach. I just hope that the best of the QB's is still on the board at 3.

Remember when Ralph said that we were going to draft a QB after the season? I have a feeling that he has had his mind made up, and that there is little to nothing, including the QB's available vs. the other talent, that will stop him.

I think Ralph was responsible for Kelsay. I also believe that we reached for Whitner because of Ralph. I have read from a poster on a board that is comparable to our own BlameCanada that Ralph had ties to several Big 10 schools, most notably, OSU and PSU. I came away with the impression that Ralph received a "hot tip" on Whitner, and forced his hand in taking him.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, and I don't blame Ralph for every single misfortune in the past 150 years. I don't think Ralph is cheap. I don't necessarily agree with all of his decisions, but I respect the man.

What I am saying is that for all of the draftniks, or the Fitzy Fan Club, putting myself in the latter, if there isn't a QB you think we "have to have" at 3, too bad. I bet Ralph pulls rank, and we get a QB, because that's what he said we were going to do.

Picking #3, this could actually end up working out, if there is a QB worth taking, because I do believe that Nix will be the one Ralph leans on for his pick. It would also be nice if Ralph would trust Chan to developing the QB the right way, and not, again, pull rank and demand his shiny new toy becomes the starter immediately.

I know it's not much, and until this second, I haven't even talked about Luck, but I feel this is a very realistic possibility.

I could be way off, and that would be just fine with me.

RW is the puppet master, no doubt about it in my mind...

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

michael silver had an article a while ago about how ralph wilson was responsible for drafting Dwayne Wright in the fourth round after they took Marshawn that year.

In 2007, the Bills were on the clock in the fourth round and deciding which player to take, when the owner suddenly blurted out, “What about the running back from Fresno State? Is he available?” The team’s personnel men looked at one another; they had already used their first-round pick on a halfback, Cal’s Marshawn Lynch. One of them bit his tongue and informed Wilson that, yes, Dwayne Wright was still on the board. “We’re taking him,” Wilson said, and that was that.
      Classic ralph meddling. i think he does it less these days. but when he does it just so outrageous.

Comment

• Bangarang
        • Sep 2010

Wouldn't be surprised if we picked Cam Newton for the star factor and to get more fans in the seats at the Ralph.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Bangarang
          Wouldn't be surprised if we picked Cam Newton for the star factor and to get more fans in the seats at the Ralph.
          Interestingly enough, that may be the blind squirrel and the nut...or else it's Al/Jamarcus redux.**

**Please BuffaloBitz and Mitchell, before you blow gaskets, I am not comparing Jamarcus and Cam's skills, only the situation...that's all, baby...only the situation.

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

Interestingly enough, that may be the blind squirrel and the nut...or else it's Al/Jamarcus redux.**

**Please BuffaloBitz and Mitchell, before you blow gaskets, I am not comparing Jamarcus and Cam's skills, only the situation...that's all, baby...only the situation.
            damnit is mitchell still on this site? i loved bashing him??! he must of blocked me.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Mitchell is under a different name

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                • Sep 2009

This draft will be the true test on who wears the pants. If we reach @ 3, it's pretty clear cut.

Still, we have the 34th pick and we're set up to take any QB that drops. We're really in fantastic shape draft wise. We could even move a few slots down, pick up another 2nd. Lots of flexibility, hopefully they work the board.

We'll know in a few months whether Nix/Whaley/Gailey are in control, or if Ralph is still holding the leash.
                Last edited by kingJofNYC; 01-07-2011, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                  This draft will be the true test on who wears the pants. If we reach @ 3, it's pretty clear cut.

Still, we have the 34th pick and we're set up to take any QB that drops. We're really in fantastic shape draft wise. We could even move a few slots down, pick up another 2nd. Lots of flexibility, hopefully they work the board.

We'll know in a few months whether Nix/Whaley/Gailey are in control, or if Ralph is still holding the leash.
                  Well the question of who wears the pants, would be best answered by who owns the pants...

They seem to be made of polyester, have an elastic band, and smell like 1972...

Looks like there isn't any narrowing this down until the draft.

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                    michael silver had an article a while ago about how ralph wilson was responsible for drafting Dwayne Wright in the fourth round after they took Marshawn that year.

Classic ralph meddling. i think he does it less these days. but when he does it just so outrageous.
                    Is this Ralph's fault? It sounds like these guys had no clue what they were doing, were sitting around with their thumbs up you know where and opened themselves up to the owner's whim. This is a common occurrence in the corporate world. If your game plan isn't sound, it's a given the top dog is going throw something in there to see if it sticks.

I really don't see this happening with Nix and Gailey in charge. I would like to think they'd be quick with the "thanks, but no thanks". We'll soon find out.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                      • Sep 2009

Well the question of who wears the pants, would be best answered by who owns the pants...

They seem to be made of polyester, have an elastic band, and smell like 1972...

Looks like there isn't any narrowing this down until the draft.
                      HAHAHAHA

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SquishDaFish
                        Mitchell is under a different name
                        Yup, but you should be able to figure out who it is.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                          Will not tolerate vandalism.
                          • Apr 2006

I think Ralph was responsible for Kelsay.
                          Let me review what happened that year:

The Bills needed a pass rushing DE that draft. They were looking at a few names-- Michael Haines, Jerome MacDougle, Calvin Pace, Ty Warren-- in the first round. Suddenly, in the first round, there was a huge run on DEs and they were all gone. Plan C was Troy Polamalu-- then the Steelers took them. Plan D was center Jeff Faine-- then the Browns took him. All of a sudden, everyone on the draft board was gone. The highest DE on the board was Kelsay. So, the Bills instead took a flyer on McGahee and, assuming everyone got their DE in round one, picked Kelsay in round 2.

That was a bad year for DEs anyway... none of them have panned out so far. Warren and McDougle have had injury problems. Haynes washed out of the league as a bust. Kelsay and Pace are the only ones still playing on a regular basis.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

When the team went 0-8 during the first half, that thinking probably made sense.

Once Fitz won a few games and the Run D was well publicized as the primary problem, not so much.

I think the buying public has stopped being so gullible and won't buy tickets unless real progress throughout the roster is evident. No more red herrings like Owens, with 10,000 people running to the ticket window. That ship has sailed and the blackouts locally spoke volumes.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• 2Smooth
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                              Let me review what happened that year:

The Bills needed a pass rushing DE that draft. They were looking at a few names-- Michael Haines, Jerome MacDougle, Calvin Pace, Ty Warren-- in the first round. Suddenly, in the first round, there was a huge run on DEs and they were all gone. Plan C was Troy Polamalu-- then the Steelers took them. Plan D was center Jeff Faine-- then the Browns took him. All of a sudden, everyone on the draft board was gone. The highest DE on the board was Kelsay. So, the Bills instead took a flyer on McGahee and, assuming everyone got their DE in round one, picked Kelsay in round 2.

That was a bad year for DEs anyway... none of them have panned out so far. Warren and McDougle have had injury problems. Haynes washed out of the league as a bust. Kelsay and Pace are the only ones still playing on a regular basis.
                              He was referring to the Kelsay extension

Comment

Working...
                              X