PDA

View Full Version : QB in the first Round

jdbillsfan
01-07-2011, 09:00 PM
8 of the 12 playoff teams have a QB that was drafted in the 1st round. If you count Drew Brees who was the first pick in the second round, that is 9....75%

Without manipulating the data too much, the Seahawks have a worse record than both the giants and the bucs, which is two more qbs that were drafted in the first round. 8 out of 12 seems to prove the point, but if you add Brees and Freeman or Eli, then it goes up to 10-12, which is over 80%.

QB isn't the only factor in bringing a team to the playoffs, strong D, running game, etc. but it is a fairly telling stat.

Its always nice to hit on a 6th rounder like Brady, but seems like most successful QB's are drafted in the first round.

Bangarang
01-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Fitz is not the answer. Don't care if we draft him in the 1st round or 7th round, but we need a guy that can be the man for many years to come.

BidsJr
01-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Nice job digging that up. QB is the most important position in all of Football.

Beebe's Kid
01-08-2011, 12:20 AM
I don't care if there is a guy there or not...with a stat like that you have to have a 1st round QB...and we have to have him now!!

cocamide
01-08-2011, 01:09 AM
I don't care if there is a guy there or not...with a stat like that you have to have a 1st round QB...and we have to have him now!!

I think the stat's a little misleading. 8 out of the 12 QBs are 1st rounders, that's about 66.6%. I was bored enough to look at the teams that have 1st round QBs and it seems to be about 18 out of 32 for around 56%. The teams are listed below, let me know if I made any mistakes. A completely random sampling of the 32 teams would give about 7 out of the 12 teams having 1st round QBs. 8 out of 12 versus 7 out of 12 (if it was just random) doesn't seem to be much different or significant. Anyone with some background in statistics?

Basically, it doesn't seem that there's a correlation between having a 1st round QB and being a playoff team. That stats you presented are just representative of the entire NFL.

Teams with first round QBs: Jets, Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Colts, Titans, Raiders, Chargers, Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Bears, Lions, Packers, Falcons, Bucs, Rams, 49ers

Teams without first round QBs: Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Browns, Texans, Jaguars, Broncos, Chiefs, Cowboys, Vikings, Panthers, Saints, Cardinals, Seahawks

Teams that were iffy were the Broncos (they ended up starting a 1st rounder) and Lions (they ended up having to start a non-first rounder).

OpIv37
01-08-2011, 01:54 AM
It's called luck.

Yes, we need a franchise QB. Unfortunately, no QB in this draft is worthy of the #3 pick. So, we can pick a QB in the 1st but it ain't getting us to the playoffs.

Our demand does nothing to increase supply.

Ickybaluky
01-08-2011, 02:31 AM
8 of the 12 playoff teams have a QB that was drafted in the 1st round. If you count Drew Brees who was the first pick in the second round, that is 9....75%.

The two lowest-picked QB in the playoffs (Hasselbeck was picked in the 6th, but at #184 higher than Brady) were both selected by the Patriots.

Ickybaluky
01-08-2011, 02:33 AM
It's called luck.

He decided to stay in school.

YardRat
01-08-2011, 04:40 AM
The top 8 teams in the league, fewest points allowed, are in the playoffs.

Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Baltimore, Chicago, Atlanta, NY Jets, New Orleans and New England.

KC is 11th (for a total of 9 of 12 also), Philly 22, Indy 23, Seattle 25.

The first four have proven historically that defense wins, regardless of the QB.
Atlanta's success this season is more indicative of defense and a run-heavy offense.
If you think Sanchez is a bigger cog for the Jets than their defense, I can't help you.
New Orleans is pretty balanced, Brady and New England are an anomaly.
Indy is notorious for under-achieving in the playoffs, except for the one season their defense completely stepped up.

Build a dominant defense, and QB's become interchangeable.

Night Train
01-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Look at all the first round busts at QB. That list is infinite.

There is no bigger gamble than selecting a QB in the first round. If you miss, like MOST do, your franchise pays for that error many years over. So GM"s better do their homework and make sure that prized QB can succeed on and off the field.

X-Era
01-08-2011, 07:18 AM
I think the stat's a little misleading. 8 out of the 12 QBs are 1st rounders, that's about 66.6%. I was bored enough to look at the teams that have 1st round QBs and it seems to be about 18 out of 32 for around 56%. The teams are listed below, let me know if I made any mistakes. A completely random sampling of the 32 teams would give about 7 out of the 12 teams having 1st round QBs. 8 out of 12 versus 7 out of 12 (if it was just random) doesn't seem to be much different or significant. Anyone with some background in statistics?

Basically, it doesn't seem that there's a correlation between having a 1st round QB and being a playoff team. That stats you presented are just representative of the entire NFL.

Teams with first round QBs: Jets, Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Colts, Titans, Raiders, Chargers, Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Bears, Lions, Packers, Falcons, Bucs, Rams, 49ers

Teams without first round QBs: Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Browns, Texans, Jaguars, Broncos, Chiefs, Cowboys, Vikings, Panthers, Saints, Cardinals, Seahawks

Teams that were iffy were the Broncos (they ended up starting a 1st rounder) and Lions (they ended up having to start a non-first rounder).Wheres the lack of a correlation? Do more non 1st round QB's go the playoffs or do more 1st round QB's go to the playoffs?

X-Era
01-08-2011, 07:20 AM
It's called luck.

Yes, we need a franchise QB. Unfortunately, no QB in this draft is worthy of the #3 pick. So, we can pick a QB in the 1st but it ain't getting us to the playoffs.

Our demand does nothing to increase supply.Wheres the data for that statement? You could very well end up being right, but there is too much left to be determined and the offseason affects these rankings. We simply don't know yet.

better days
01-08-2011, 07:52 AM

Teams that were iffy were the Broncos (they ended up starting a 1st rounder) and Lions (they ended up having to start a non-first rounder).

Well, if you compare the teams with 1st rnd QB's to the teams without, there are many more GOOD teams in the 1st rnd QB list than the other list.

ddaryl
01-08-2011, 07:56 AM
yes we simply must draft a 1st rd QB regardless because when we draft that 1st rd QB we will be rewarded automatically with playoff success and many Superbowl's.

It seems blatantly obvious that drafting a 1st rd QB for the sake of it will pay us many dividends

better days
01-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Look at all the first round busts at QB. That list is infinite.

There is no bigger gamble than selecting a QB in the first round. If you miss, like MOST do, your franchise pays for that error many years over. So GM"s better do their homework and make sure that prized QB can succeed on and off the field.

The reason there are so many QB busts in the 1st rnd is because there are so many QB's taken in the 1st because it is such an important position. I don't think teams that miss on a QB pays for missing anymore than if they had drafted a LT that failed in the 1st.

They only pay because they still don't have the QB they are looking for. Look at Miami for example. They hit on the LT in Long, but are still a bad team because they don't have a QB. They could have had Matt Ryan instead & they would be a far better team today, but they were afraid to take a chance on him.

better days
01-08-2011, 08:10 AM
I have been saying draft defense in the 1st rnd, but if the Bills want to try & get a franchise QB this year I doubt any will be available after the 1st rnd because so many teams need a QB this year.

I think there are 2 choices, either forget about QB altogether as the Bills did last year or roll the dice & GAMBLE BIG TIME on a QB that may be that franchise QB or a total bust.

TacklingDummy
01-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Its always nice to hit on a 6th rounder like Brady, but seems like most successful QB's are drafted in the first round.
How about QB's that started the Super Bowl? I bet it's over 60%.

TacklingDummy
01-08-2011, 08:47 AM
I have been saying draft defense in the 1st rnd, but if the Bills want to try & get a franchise QB this year I doubt any will be available after the 1st rnd because so many teams need a QB this year.

Say the the Bills draft Mallet/Newton first this year. They end up with the 1st pick next year, do they pass on Luck?

X-Era
01-08-2011, 08:49 AM
yes we simply must draft a 1st rd QB regardless because when we draft that 1st rd QB we will be rewarded automatically with playoff success and many Superbowl's.

It seems blatantly obvious that drafting a 1st rd QB for the sake of it will pay us many dividendsYep, that's what everyone is saying.

Just like if we draft a DT/DE in the 1st round we will go from bottom of the league to a top 5 defense so that we can win a SuperBowl with Fitz.

How about we realize that we need both and may not end up with either but that we can try to get both this year. The recipe for success can be something less than a stud QB or top 5 D if we significantly improve both. Make a plan to significantly improve your talent in both areas. If that means you can improve your defense through FA so that you can afford to take a worthy QB at 3, so be it. I don't honestly see a potential franchise QB in FA possibly Young or McNabb (Who Nix has already stated he's not a fan of). And if your best option for a potential franchise QB is at 3, maybe that helps you to form your strategy for the offseason so realize you need to invest on the defense more from FA.

Regardless, don't reach for any player at 3. But also don't believe that anyone can give you the final rank on any player at this point.

TacklingDummy
01-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Yes, we need a franchise QB. Unfortunately, no QB in this draft is worthy of the #3 pick.

Time can only tell that. If XX QB is the 10-15 pick and turns out to be great, was he then not worthy of the 3rd overall pick?

X-Era
01-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Time can only tell that. If XX QB is the 10-15 pick and turns out to be great, was he then not worthy of the 3rd overall pick?That's exactly it. I'm not saying any of these guys will be worthy come draft time. But I'm also not willing to say none of them will be either. It's January.

All I'm saying is that if Nix and Gailey are worthy of having their jobs, they better come up with a plan that's doable for the Bills to significantly improve the roster in many areas including QB and on the defense.

Nighthawk
01-08-2011, 09:15 AM
8 of the 12 playoff teams have a QB that was drafted in the 1st round. If you count Drew Brees who was the first pick in the second round, that is 9....75%

Without manipulating the data too much, the Seahawks have a worse record than both the giants and the bucs, which is two more qbs that were drafted in the first round. 8 out of 12 seems to prove the point, but if you add Brees and Freeman or Eli, then it goes up to 10-12, which is over 80%.

QB isn't the only factor in bringing a team to the playoffs, strong D, running game, etc. but it is a fairly telling stat.

What? You mean you're more likely to get a franchise QB in the first round? No way, I would've never expected that. Especially if you listen to all the experts on here who say we need to draft win in the middle rounds!

Nighthawk
01-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Time can only tell that. If XX QB is the 10-15 pick and turns out to be great, was he then not worthy of the 3rd overall pick?

Exactly and people forget how many DL busts have been picked high also. It's really amazing how stupid people get when it comes to drafting.

better days
01-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Say the the Bills draft Mallet/Newton first this year. They end up with the 1st pick next year, do they pass on Luck?

Interesting question. I would say yes draft Luck. Best case senerio both QB's turn out to be great & they can trade one for at least a 1st & a 3rd. Worst case both flop. Chances are at least one of the 2 will be very good.

That said, I don't see any way the Bills have the 1st pick in next years draft, or even the 3rd pick.

TacklingDummy
01-08-2011, 09:32 AM
That said, I don't see any way the Bills have the 1st pick in next years draft, or even the 3rd pick.They will be picking top 5.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-08-2011, 09:36 AM
i know i'm not saying anything special or new but here goes.
The Buffalo Bills have a s**t ton of holes.... everywhere. We can argue which is worse, but I would say our defense was a bigger problem than our offense. I'm not saying we are set at quarterback, but i believe we have far greater needs throughout our team at this juncture. As nice as it would be to have Andrew Luck, he probably would not have helped contain the gaps and help stop the run.... I'm just saying..

Go Bills

X-Era
01-08-2011, 09:49 AM
i know i'm not saying anything special or new but here goes.
The Buffalo Bills have a s**t ton of holes.... everywhere. We can argue which is worse, but I would say our defense was a bigger problem than our offense. I'm not saying we are set at quarterback, but i believe we have far greater needs throughout our team at this juncture. As nice as it would be to have Andrew Luck, he probably would not have helped contain the gaps and help stop the run.... I'm just saying..

Go BillsYour saying something that I think is true if you look short term. Improving the QB spot is more of a long term thing. But I don't think it can be overlooked anymore.

If think a quality plan would be to improve as much in as little time as possible. I see no reason that a plan where we add several significant upgrades in FA with a few good looking prospects from the draft plus a potential franchise QB can't work. But it requires a prospect who is worthy of where we pick him.

cocamide
01-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Wheres the lack of a correlation? Do more non 1st round QB's go the playoffs or do more 1st round QB's go to the playoffs?

More 1st round QBs go to the playoffs, but there are more 1st round QBs starting for teams than non-first round QBs. So the 12 teams in the playoffs don't look much different than a random sampling of all the teams.

The defensive stat someone else listed seems to be much more telling of what's going on with the playoff teams.

X-Era
01-08-2011, 11:35 AM
More 1st round QBs go to the playoffs, but there are more 1st round QBs starting for teams than non-first round QBs. So the 12 teams in the playoffs don't look much different than a random sampling of all the teams.

The defensive stat someone else listed seems to be much more telling of what's going on with the playoff teams.The question is: Is a team in the playoffs more likely to have a 1st round QB or not. The answer is yes. What you didn't answer is if it's because of the 1st round QB. In other words, is having a 1st round QB a dependent variable or an independent variable in getting to the playoffs.

The fact that so many teams have 1st round QB's may tell you something, and the fact that so few teams go to the playoffs without one may tell you something as well.

This is a Design Of Experiment thing. I don't claim to be very good at it. Maybe someone else here would be willing to run it on Mini Tab for you.

cocamide
01-08-2011, 12:11 PM
The question is: Is a team in the playoffs more likely to have a 1st round QB or not. The answer is yes. What you didn't answer is if it's because of the 1st round QB. In other words, is having a 1st round QB a dependent variable or an independent variable in getting to the playoffs.

The fact that so many teams have 1st round QB's may tell you something, and the fact that so few teams go to the playoffs without one may tell you something as well.

This is a Design Of Experiment thing. I don't claim to be very good at it. Maybe someone else here would be willing to run it on Mini Tab for you.

What's the experiment? Randomly choose 12 teams from 32 where 18 of those teams have 1st round QBs?

If it's about determining whether teams are better if they have a 1st round QB starting, then I guess we could just look at all games, determine if the starting QBs for each team are 1st rounders or not, and then see who won. I guess we'd have to remove games where a 1st rounder plays against another 1st rounder and vice versa. It'd be interesting to see.

X-Era
01-08-2011, 12:19 PM
What's the experiment? Randomly choose 12 teams from 32 where 18 of those teams have 1st round QBs?

If it's about determining whether teams are better if they have a 1st round QB starting, then I guess we could just look at all games, determine if the starting QBs for each team are 1st rounders or not, and then see who won. I guess we'd have to remove games where a 1st rounder plays against another 1st rounder and vice versa. It'd be interesting to see.I'm only saying if you want a statistical answer, that can be done. But I don't claim to have those skills. You're looking at whether having a 1st round QB has an affect on getting to the playoffs; is it a dependent variable or does it have no bearing; an independent variable. The data is all there, someone could run that and provide the statistical answer.

better days
01-08-2011, 12:32 PM
They will be picking top 5.

I doubt it, but even if true do you think the # 3-5 pick gets them Luck next year?

TacklingDummy
01-08-2011, 01:24 PM
I doubt it, but even if true do you think the # 3-5 pick gets them Luck next year?
No, but it will Barkley. :up:

Never know, could end up 1 or could end up 32. My money is on closer to 1 than to 10.

jdbillsfan
01-08-2011, 01:30 PM

Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Baltimore, Chicago, Atlanta, NY Jets, New Orleans and New England.

The first four have proven historically that defense wins, regardless of the QB.
Atlanta's success this season is more indicative of defense and a run-heavy offense.
If you think Sanchez is a bigger cog for the Jets than their defense, I can't help you.
Indy is notorious for under-achieving in the playoffs, except for the one season their defense completely stepped up.

I don't think QB's become interchangeable. I think Dilfer winning a super bowl is more of an anomaly than a franchise QB being a factor.

No one is saying you can't win without Defense, but this is a QB driven league.

psubills62
01-08-2011, 02:23 PM
cocamide is spot on. When talking about if a first round QB really affects things, you have to compare the % of first round QB's in the playoffs to % of first round QB's overall. If there is not much difference, then there is probably a small to zero correlation between playoffs and first round QB's.

Another thing that I thought was interesting was the # of QB's drafted in the top 5. I just glanced at most of them, and it looks like only 4 of them were drafted in the top 5. Rodgers was in the later part of the first round, Cutler and Roethlisberger were both drafted at 11, and Flacco was in the middle too (I want to say 14 or 16). So out of the first round QB's that are in the playoffs (no, I didn't feel like taking the time to look up all the QB's in the NFL), it looks like only half were drafted in the top 5. And one of those (Vick) relatively failed with his first team.

Nighthawk
01-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Vick didn't fail in Atlanta, as he brought that team to the playoffs and won a game in GB. Sorry, that is not a fail...now off the field, I can't argue that. The point is, if there is a guy they deem worthy at #3, you have to pick the QB...PERIOD!

jdbillsfan
01-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Brees was the 33rd pick. The giants and bucs both had better records than the Seahawks, so if you take those QB's you are looking at 10 out of 12 teams, 80%, which is well above the standard 50% across the NFL.

There are obviously a million other stats, but ten of the top 12 teams in the NFL drafted their QB in the top 33 picks.

cocamide
01-08-2011, 10:41 PM
cocamide is spot on. When talking about if a first round QB really affects things, you have to compare the % of first round QB's in the playoffs to % of first round QB's overall. If there is not much difference, then there is probably a small to zero correlation between playoffs and first round QB's.

Another thing that I thought was interesting was the # of QB's drafted in the top 5. I just glanced at most of them, and it looks like only 4 of them were drafted in the top 5. Rodgers was in the later part of the first round, Cutler and Roethlisberger were both drafted at 11, and Flacco was in the middle too (I want to say 14 or 16). So out of the first round QB's that are in the playoffs (no, I didn't feel like taking the time to look up all the QB's in the NFL), it looks like only half were drafted in the top 5. And one of those (Vick) relatively failed with his first team.

Here's the ones I can think of

Sanchez - 5
Palmer - 1
Peyton Manning - 1
Kerry Collins - 5
Vince Young - 3
Philip Rivers - 4
Eli Manning - 1
Michael Vick - 1
Donovan McNabb - 2
Matt Ryan - 3
Sam Bradford - 1
Alex Smith - 1

Ones I would take in a heartbeat over Fitz: Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Vick, Ryan, Bradford

Ones that I think are similar to Fitz:Eli Manning

Ones that I would take Fitz over: Sanchez, Palmer (he's gotten really bad), McNabb (too old now), Alex Smith, Kerry Collins, Vince Young

X-Era
01-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Here's the ones I can think of

Sanchez - 5
Palmer - 1
Peyton Manning - 1
Kerry Collins - 5
Vince Young - 3
Philip Rivers - 4
Eli Manning - 1
Michael Vick - 1
Donovan McNabb - 2
Matt Ryan - 3
Sam Bradford - 1
Alex Smith - 1

Ones I would take in a heartbeat over Fitz: Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Vick, Ryan, Bradford

Ones that I think are similar to Fitz:Eli Manning

Ones that I would take Fitz over: Sanchez, Palmer (he's gotten really bad), McNabb (too old now), Alex Smith, Kerry Collins, Vince YoungWow. You way overrate Fitz in my opinion. I mean do you have data to support this opinion?

Eli Manning has won a SB, Sanchez has taken his team to the playoffs in multiple years. McNabb has been to the SB and playoffs, Kerry Collins has been to the SB and playoffs, and Young has been to the playoffs.

I mean why do you rate Fitz so high when he hasn't proven anything to you?

cocamide
01-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Brees was the 33rd pick. The giants and bucs both had better records than the Seahawks, so if you take those QB's you are looking at 10 out of 12 teams, 80%, which is well above the standard 50% across the NFL.

There are obviously a million other stats, but ten of the top 12 teams in the NFL drafted their QB in the top 33 picks.

Putting the stat like this is really starting to stretch things. Should we also include Favre in the list of first round QBs? What about people picked in the top 35? or 40?

The one thing that can be said about teams that picked in the top 3-5, is that they really sucked and bottomed out at some point. Unless they got the QB from a trade or free agency, but if they were such a good QB, why were the traded or let go in free agency?

Maybe the Bills just needed to bottom out instead of being just mediocre.

cocamide
01-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Wow. You way overrate Fitz in my opinion. I mean do you have data to support this opinion?

Eli Manning has won a SB, Sanchez has taken his team to the playoffs in multiple years. McNabb has been to the SB and playoffs, Kerry Collins has been to the SB and playoffs, and Young has been to the playoffs.

I mean why do you rate Fitz so high when he hasn't proven anything to you?

I'm talking about right now. We're talking about the present right? We're talking about this year's playoffs, right? Do I really have to go back in the last 40 years to gather the stats for things? Or, are you telling me that Sanchez is the reason the Jets were in the playoffs the last few years? Are you telling me that McNabb is still good? That Kerry Collins is what we want when we draft our QB in the first round? Fitz can be just as bad as Kerry 'freaking' Collins, even in his heyday.

Do I want a better QB? Of course, but so far, no one has given me any good reason for why a QB drafted in the first round this year would be an upgrade. Could a QB drafted in the first round be a future hall of famer? Absolutely, but he could also be a Vince Young, Alex Smith, or Ryan Leaf. All that I've seen is arguments based on weak statistics, speculation, and anecdotal evidence.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Is Fitz the answer? I don't know, but I do think that he can manage games if he knows his defense can hold teams under 30 points a game. Can he carry a team like Brady or Manning? No, but I don't think he should have to. It's not the right way to build a team.

cocamide
01-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Oh, let me just add to all this. I would not be disappointed at all if we selected Cam Newton.

X-Era
01-08-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm talking about right now. We're talking about the present right? We're talking about this year's playoffs, right? Do I really have to go back in the last 40 years to gather the stats for things? Or, are you telling me that Sanchez is the reason the Jets were in the playoffs the last few years? Are you telling me that McNabb is still good? That Kerry Collins is what we want when we draft our QB in the first round? Fitz can be just as bad as Kerry 'freaking' Collins, even in his heyday.

Do I want a better QB? Of course, but so far, no one has given me any good reason for why a QB drafted in the first round this year would be an upgrade. Could a QB drafted in the first round be a future hall of famer? Absolutely, but he could also be a Vince Young, Alex Smith, or Ryan Leaf. All that I've seen is arguments based on weak statistics, speculation, and anecdotal evidence.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Is Fitz the answer? I don't know, but I do think that he can manage games if he knows his defense can hold teams under 30 points a game. Can he carry a team like Brady or Manning? No, but I don't think he should have to. It's not the right way to build a team.I'd feel a lot better about your comparisons if Fitz had the history of any of the players you list. That's all I'm saying.

To me, having someone like Fitz means you need a top 5 D to get to the playoffs. If we got that, I'd be fine with Fitz. But to me we are a long way off.

cocamide
01-08-2011, 11:26 PM
I'd feel a lot better about your comparisons if Fitz had the history of any of the players you list. That's all I'm saying.

To me, having someone like Fitz means you need a top 5 D to get to the playoffs. If we got that, I'd be fine with Fitz. But to me we are a long way off.

No disagreements here!

better days
01-09-2011, 08:41 AM
I'd feel a lot better about your comparisons if Fitz had the history of any of the players you list. That's all I'm saying.

The best QB Fitz has the potential to be is Rich Gannon. He was a journeyman QB until Gruden coached him up then he was very good for a few years until he got too old.

It looks like Chan has coached up Fitz & he looked better this year than he ever has. He may continue to improve but the clock is working against him.

YardRat
01-09-2011, 07:53 PM

Green Bay, Baltimore and NY Jets move on, meaning 7 of the top 8 defenses in the league will play in the divisional round of the playoffs. If NO wouldn't have **** their pants, it would've been 8 of 8.

PcA125
01-09-2011, 10:44 PM

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Is Fitz the answer? I don't know, but I do think that he can manage games if he knows his defense can hold teams under 30 points a game. Can he carry a team like Brady or Manning? No, but I don't think he should have to. It's not the right way to build a team.

Why is everyone so down on Vince Young, and high on Cam Newton? The guy had some off the field issues, but he is still a winner. I think Young would be a huge upgrade over fitz at this point and then we could draft D in the first round.

djjimkelly
01-09-2011, 11:26 PM

i bet every team including us trading our pick to dallas for losman would love to spend that first pick on aaron rodgers and he was 23rd i believe

ask san fran lol