A scientific look at Cam Newton (Sports Science)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mindbender
    • Apr 2010

A scientific look at Cam Newton (Sports Science)

Interesting enough to share. (Here's the link http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5998288)

Last edited by Mindbender; 01-08-2011, 10:38 AM.
    "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: A scientific look at Cam Newton (Sports Science)

Originally posted by Mindbender
    Interesting enough to share. (Here's the link http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5998288)

I saw that.

If the Bills can convince themselves he can run their offense, and if they are satisfied that he will be an assett as a leader on this team, the guy has some incredible upside to his game.

Comment

• Mindbender
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
      I saw that.

If the Bills can convince themselves he can run their offense, and if they are satisfied that he will be an assett as a leader on this team, the guy has some incredible upside to his game.
      Yea, also found this gem of a site. Compile all his highlights for this year. The S Carolina game was amazing.

Checkout the full domain details of Whosright.com. Click Buy Now to instantly start the transaction or Make an offer to the seller!
      "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

hard not to be excited if we draft this guy

and i don't want to but man the more i watch.

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• Bangarang
          • Sep 2010

His footwork looks terrible. He doesn't dissect a defense either. That's most likely a because of the offense Auburn runs. But still, it makes me worry.

Comment

• dog14787
            • Oct 2010

The fella runs like Bo Jackson with the size, arm strength and accuracy of Big Ben,

Cameron Newton is an amazing, one of a kind athlete...

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bangarang
              His footwork looks terrible. He doesn't dissect a defense either. That's most likely a because of the offense Auburn runs. But still, it makes me worry.
              I don't think I see that. Watch the highlights from the second website, with multiple games, that he provides. He actually makes nice throws, with good mechanics, and good footwork and does a good job finding the open guys, I think he may be underrated in these areas. Obviously, you never want to go only by highlights but in the games I have been going back and watching, he continues to impress me. I used to be much more down on Cam than I am now. He's growing on me. I'm willing to keep an open mind and gather more info.

Checkout the full domain details of Whosright.com. Click Buy Now to instantly start the transaction or Make an offer to the seller!
              Last edited by X-Era; 01-08-2011, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

I definitely wouldn't be upset if he's the pick. Especially, if Fitz can teach him a thing or two about reading defenses.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                  I definitely wouldn't be upset if he's the pick. Especially, if Fitz can teach him a thing or two about reading defenses.
                  I could see us sprinkling the guy into the offense in year one, maybe even early on and using his dual threat abilities.

He could become a real weapon. What I want to see us convince ourselves of though is that he can be a complete quarterback and the type of leader that we need.

Comment

• dog14787
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
                    I could see us sprinkling the guy into the offense in year one, maybe even early on and using his dual threat abilities.

He could become a real weapon. What I want to see us convince ourselves of though is that he can be a complete quarterback and the type of leader that we need.

I agree X- Era, I don't see Cam Newton completely wasted sitting on the bench during his rookie season. Cams running skills alone are NFL starting caliber. (as a RB)

Drafting Cam Newton is a win win situation in my opinion and you probably couldn't ask for a better QB coach/mentor then Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Comment

• starrymessenger
                      • Oct 2009

If he wins a national championship, goes lights out at the combine, interviews well etc...at #3 he will definitely be Chan's (if not necessarily Buddy's) choice. And I think Chan will get his way.

Comment

• evol4276
                        • Oct 2005

honestly, im rather sick of the option qb hell i'd be a high pick too if i were fast and could throw to wide open recievers all day

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

I don't think anyone is questioning Newtons talent. His character & work ethic are what is in question. If he can convince Buddy & Chan he has matured & those will not be a problem, I would have no problem taking him at #3.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                            • Sep 2008

He's like the Shaq of QBs, just a freak of nature. lol Put him in a backfield that features Spiller with a good Oline and guys to throw to like SJ, Roscoe, etc.. I find it hard to believe anyone not liking the potential of that. There's a reason Auburn has yet to lose this year, and he is a major part of that.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mindbender

Last year my view on Tim Tebow was that you take the risk with a guy like him because of the potential involved.

My view remains the same on Newton. I think you take the risk on this guy and draft him at #3.

Only 4 players for me are good enough for our pick... Newton, Peterson, Bowers, AJ Green.

Comment

Working...
                              X