• Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Forked Thread: Does Fitzpatrick fit the

Originally posted by dog14787
    Nix lets Aaron Schobel walk
    dude the man retired
  • dog14787
    • Oct 2010

Re: Does Fitzpatrick fit the "Bill" in 2011?

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph
    dude the man retired

On August 4, 2010, the Buffalo Bills released Aaron Schobel. He never signed with any other team; being released instead cemented his decision to retire, which he did on August 16.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

On August 4, 2010, the Buffalo Bills released Aaron Schobel. He never signed with any other team; being released instead cemented his decision to retire, which he did on August 16.
      They only released him after he said he was going to retire rather than play another year in Buffalo. They gave him his release so he could sign with the Texans, a team close to his home if he so desired. He chose to stay retired instead.

What is your point? None of that had anything to do with Nix other than his compassion in releasing him. The Bills could not get anything of value for Aaron & by giving him his release, I think that bought Nix much good will from players.

Comment

• dog14787
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by better days
        They only released him after he said he was going to retire rather than play another year in Buffalo. They gave him his release so he could sign with the Texans, a team close to his home if he so desired. He chose to stay retired instead.

What is your point? None of that had anything to do with Nix other than his compassion in releasing him. The Bills could not get anything of value for Aaron & by giving him his release, I think that bought Nix much good will from players.
        My point is the Bills/Nix gave Schobel his walking papers which is what I posted.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

My point is the Bills/Nix gave Schobel his walking papers which is what I posted.
          NO you BLAMED Nix for giving Schobel his walking papers. Nix said he wanted to keep Schobel on the team. It was Schobels decision to leave & Nix can not be blamed for that.

Comment

• dog14787
            • Oct 2010

NO you BLAMED Nix for giving Schobel his walking papers. Nix said he wanted to keep Schobel on the team. It was Schobels decision to leave & Nix can not be blamed for that.

Yes I did blame Nix for giving Schobel his walking papers because technically he did and as Buffalo's GM Buddy Nix is half the equation.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Yes I did blame Nix for giving Schobel his walking papers because technically he did and as Buffalo's GM Buddy Nix is half the equation.
              Yes you did blame Nix for Schobel wanting to retire which is just ridiculous.

Comment

• dog14787
                • Oct 2010

Yes you did blame Nix for Schobel wanting to retire which is just ridiculous.
                This argument is ridiculous better days,

my original post was "Nix let Schobel walk" and that's what he did so I don't know what to else tell you except lets stop wasting other folks time.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

my original post was "Nix let Schobel walk" and that's what he did so I don't know what to else tell you except lets stop wasting other folks time.
                  Dude, Schobel was going to retire one way or the other. Nix just made the first move since Aaron was ****ing around.

Comment

• dog14787
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by jamze132
                    Dude, Schobel was going to retire one way or the other. Nix just made the first move since Aaron was ****ing around.
                    That's all fine and good, (although I disagree) but don't call me out on a post for being incorrect when I'm not,

Aaron Schobel was no longer a Bill when he retired...Dudes...
                    Last edited by Figster; 01-07-2011, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

That's all fine and good, (although I disagree) but don't call me out on a post for being incorrect when I'm not,

Aaron Schobel was no longer a Bill when he retired...Dudes...
                      Why don't you quit wasting peoples time. You were WRONG for trying to blame Nix for Schobels retirement. Nix did not push him out the door. Schobel left on his own. All Nix did by releasing him was to give Aaron a chance to play one last year near his home if he so desired. You were WRONG so quit wasting peoples time, just as you wasted everyones time defending a defensless Trent Edwards.

Comment

• dog14787
                        • Oct 2010

Why don't you quit wasting peoples time. You were WRONG for trying to blame Nix for Schobels retirement. Nix did not push him out the door. Schobel left on his own. All Nix did by releasing him was to give Aaron a chance to play one last year near his home if he so desired. You were WRONG so quit wasting peoples time, just as you wasted everyones time defending a defensless Trent Edwards.
                        Good grief, whatever, you called me out on a post for no reason and started all this and in case you didn't notice we debate things here on this forum. I'm not going to have someone call me wrong when I'm not and then not defend myself. Ever think there could be two correct answers, that we gave Schobel his walking papers and he retired, or is that beyond your comprehension?

Everyone is entitled to there opinion the last I knew so get over yourself. Typical TE bashers have way more of a problem then I ever did that's for sure. TE had nothing to do with this discussion.
                        Last edited by Figster; 01-07-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Good grief, whatever, you called me out on a post for no reason and started all this and in case you didn't notice we debate things here on this forum.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion the last I knew so get over yourself. Typical TE bashers have way more of a problem then I ever did that's for sure. TE had nothing to do with this discussion.
                          I agree everyone has a right to their opinion, but facts are facts & they can not be argued. It is a FACT that Schobel told the Bills he would retire rather than to play for the Bills again. You were wrong to try & blame Schobels walking on Nix, that is also a fact.

You are the person that brought up wasting peoples time not me. I was just using your defense of Edwards as an example of how you waste peoples time on subjects that are not defensible just as you have done in this thread.
                          Last edited by better days; 01-07-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

How about this. Explain to the rest of us how Nix could have prevented Schobel from walking when Schobel had made up his mind to do so.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

:db:

Comment

Working...
                              X