View Full Version : Forked Thread: Does Fitzpatrick fit the

Bill Cody
01-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Nix lets Aaron Schobel walk

dude the man retired

Figster
01-06-2011, 07:24 PM
dude the man retired

On August 4, 2010, the Buffalo Bills released Aaron Schobel. He never signed with any other team; being released instead cemented his decision to retire, which he did on August 16.

better days
01-06-2011, 07:54 PM
On August 4, 2010, the Buffalo Bills released Aaron Schobel. He never signed with any other team; being released instead cemented his decision to retire, which he did on August 16.

They only released him after he said he was going to retire rather than play another year in Buffalo. They gave him his release so he could sign with the Texans, a team close to his home if he so desired. He chose to stay retired instead.

What is your point? None of that had anything to do with Nix other than his compassion in releasing him. The Bills could not get anything of value for Aaron & by giving him his release, I think that bought Nix much good will from players.

Figster
01-06-2011, 08:03 PM
They only released him after he said he was going to retire rather than play another year in Buffalo. They gave him his release so he could sign with the Texans, a team close to his home if he so desired. He chose to stay retired instead.

What is your point? None of that had anything to do with Nix other than his compassion in releasing him. The Bills could not get anything of value for Aaron & by giving him his release, I think that bought Nix much good will from players.

My point is the Bills/Nix gave Schobel his walking papers which is what I posted.

better days
01-06-2011, 08:09 PM
My point is the Bills/Nix gave Schobel his walking papers which is what I posted.

NO you BLAMED Nix for giving Schobel his walking papers. Nix said he wanted to keep Schobel on the team. It was Schobels decision to leave & Nix can not be blamed for that.

Figster
01-06-2011, 08:17 PM
NO you BLAMED Nix for giving Schobel his walking papers. Nix said he wanted to keep Schobel on the team. It was Schobels decision to leave & Nix can not be blamed for that.

Yes I did blame Nix for giving Schobel his walking papers because technically he did and as Buffalo's GM Buddy Nix is half the equation.

better days
01-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Yes I did blame Nix for giving Schobel his walking papers because technically he did and as Buffalo's GM Buddy Nix is half the equation.

Yes you did blame Nix for Schobel wanting to retire which is just ridiculous.

Figster
01-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Yes you did blame Nix for Schobel wanting to retire which is just ridiculous.

This argument is ridiculous better days,

my original post was "Nix let Schobel walk" and that's what he did so I don't know what to else tell you except lets stop wasting other folks time.

jamze132
01-07-2011, 09:27 AM

my original post was "Nix let Schobel walk" and that's what he did so I don't know what to else tell you except lets stop wasting other folks time.
Dude, Schobel was going to retire one way or the other. Nix just made the first move since Aaron was ****ing around.

Figster
01-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Dude, Schobel was going to retire one way or the other. Nix just made the first move since Aaron was ****ing around.

That's all fine and good, (although I disagree) but don't call me out on a post for being incorrect when I'm not,

Aaron Schobel was no longer a Bill when he retired...Dudes...

better days
01-07-2011, 10:48 AM
That's all fine and good, (although I disagree) but don't call me out on a post for being incorrect when I'm not,

Aaron Schobel was no longer a Bill when he retired...Dudes...

Why don't you quit wasting peoples time. You were WRONG for trying to blame Nix for Schobels retirement. Nix did not push him out the door. Schobel left on his own. All Nix did by releasing him was to give Aaron a chance to play one last year near his home if he so desired. You were WRONG so quit wasting peoples time, just as you wasted everyones time defending a defensless Trent Edwards.

Figster
01-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Why don't you quit wasting peoples time. You were WRONG for trying to blame Nix for Schobels retirement. Nix did not push him out the door. Schobel left on his own. All Nix did by releasing him was to give Aaron a chance to play one last year near his home if he so desired. You were WRONG so quit wasting peoples time, just as you wasted everyones time defending a defensless Trent Edwards.

Good grief, whatever, you called me out on a post for no reason and started all this and in case you didn't notice we debate things here on this forum. I'm not going to have someone call me wrong when I'm not and then not defend myself. Ever think there could be two correct answers, that we gave Schobel his walking papers and he retired, or is that beyond your comprehension?

Everyone is entitled to there opinion the last I knew so get over yourself. Typical TE bashers have way more of a problem then I ever did that's for sure. TE had nothing to do with this discussion.

better days
01-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Good grief, whatever, you called me out on a post for no reason and started all this and in case you didn't notice we debate things here on this forum.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion the last I knew so get over yourself. Typical TE bashers have way more of a problem then I ever did that's for sure. TE had nothing to do with this discussion.

I agree everyone has a right to their opinion, but facts are facts & they can not be argued. It is a FACT that Schobel told the Bills he would retire rather than to play for the Bills again. You were wrong to try & blame Schobels walking on Nix, that is also a fact.

You are the person that brought up wasting peoples time not me. I was just using your defense of Edwards as an example of how you waste peoples time on subjects that are not defensible just as you have done in this thread.

better days
01-07-2011, 11:27 AM

How about this. Explain to the rest of us how Nix could have prevented Schobel from walking when Schobel had made up his mind to do so.

Bill Cody
01-07-2011, 11:32 AM

:db:

Figster
01-07-2011, 11:35 AM
:db:

:deadhorse

Bill Cody
01-07-2011, 12:25 PM
:deadhorse

In other news Jim Kelly retired. Bills reported to have let him walk.

Figster
01-07-2011, 12:34 PM
How about this. Explain to the rest of us how Nix could have prevented Schobel from walking when Schobel had made up his mind to do so.

Buddy Nix: Aaron, I realize you are nearing the end of your career, but Chan and I are looking for a couple of key veteran leaders to help instill a professionalism and winning attitude back into our Buffalo Bills football team. Although you may have lost a step I still consider you to be the best defensive player on the Bills roster.The Buffalo Bills need you.

Bill Cody
01-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Buddy Nix: Aaron, I realize you are nearing the end of your career, but Chan and I are looking for a couple of key veteran leaders to help instill a professionalism and winning attitude back into our Buffalo Bills football team. Although you may have lost a step I still consider you to be the best defensive player on the Bills roster.The Buffalo Bills need you.

please stop you're not helping yourself here

Figster
01-07-2011, 12:53 PM
please stop you're not helping yourself here

:wtf:What is your problem? I was asked to explain myself in case you didn't notice.

Bill Cody
01-07-2011, 01:05 PM
:wtf:What is your problem? I was asked to explain myself in case you didn't notice.

ha ha relax man we all say dumb things. When you call out the Bills for "letting a guy walk" that was clearly not coming back here you might get called on it. When that happens arguing further just makes you look dumber.:funny: The Bills have made a bunch of bad decisions. But begging a guy to keep playing here when he didn't want to certainly wasn't one of them. But if you want to keep flogging the horse carry on.

Figster
01-07-2011, 01:12 PM
ha ha relax man we all say dumb things. When you call out the Bills for "letting a guy walk" that was clearly not coming back here you might get called on it. When that happens arguing further just makes you look dumber.:funny: The Bills have made a bunch of bad decisions. But begging a guy to keep playing here when he didn't want to certainly wasn't one of them. But if you want to keep flogging the horse carry on.

Again, it is a FACT that the Buffalo Bills/Nix released Aaron Schobel, regardless of here say or speculation.

http://sports.gaeatimes.com/2009/12/23/bills-defensive-end-aaron-schobel-considering-retirement-after-this-season-58943/

Read this or any article you can find and tell me where it says Aaron Schobel was not considering a return to the NFL/Buffalo Bills (before his release)

How about explaining to me then how I'm a dunce or dumb for posting a fact.

Bill Cody
01-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Again, it is a FACT that the Buffalo Bills/Nix released Aaron Schobel, regardless of here say or speculation.

http://sports.gaeatimes.com/2009/12/23/bills-defensive-end-aaron-schobel-considering-retirement-after-this-season-58943/

Read this or any article you can find and tell me where it says Aaron Schobel was not considering a return to the NFL/Buffalo Bills (before his release)

How about explaining to me then how I'm a dunce or dumb for posting a fact.

Ok I'll take a shot. Aaron Schobel did in fact retire last year and that fact confirms that the Bills were right in telling Schobel "report to camp or we're moving on" ultimatum. Schobel had already told the Bills he was leaning that way. As Bill Parcells used to say "if you're not sure whether you're in or you're out you're out".

Football is not chess. It's a violent game that demands passion. Schobel lost his. I know that for a 100% fact. And how you ask do I know this? Because Aaron Schobel retired. He didn't have to and he had an offer to play in Houston near his home and skip the hardest part of camp. He chose not to. Apparently that's not good enough for you and that sir is what's dumb, just in case I wasn't clear enough before. It appears you think Nix should have flown to Texas a la Brett Favre and begged Schobel to come back. I reject that and I doubt anyone else agrees with you on that. Schobel had a nice career here but it makes no sense with a young team to set an example with Schobel that's it's fine to skip camp. But even if Nix did it wouldn't have mattered. Schobel had lost the fire. One more time how do I know that? Because Aaron Schobel retired.

Figster
01-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Ok I'll take a shot. Aaron Schobel did in fact retire last year and that fact confirms that the Bills were right in telling Schobel "report to camp or we're moving on" ultimatum. Schobel had already told the Bills he was leaning that way. As Bill Parcells used to say "if you're not sure whether you're in or you're out you're out".

Football is not chess. It's a violent game that demands passion. Schobel lost his. I know that for a 100% fact. And how you ask do I know this? Because Aaron Schobel retired. He didn't have to and he had an offer to play in Houston near his home and skip the hardest part of camp. He chose not to. Apparently that's not good enough for you and that sir is what's dumb, just in case I wasn't clear enough before. It appears you think Nix should have flown to Texas a la Brett Favre and begged Schobel to come back. I reject that and I doubt anyone else agrees with you on that. Schobel had a nice career here but it makes no sense with a young team to set an example with Schobel that's it's fine to skip camp. But even if Nix did it wouldn't have mattered. Schobel had lost the fire. One more time how do I know that? Because Aaron Schobel retired.
I appreciate you taking the time to explain your side of it.

My apology T- Long/Zoners for taking away from a good article/thread, it wasn't my intentions

Bill Cody
01-07-2011, 02:35 PM

My apology T- Long/Zoners for taking away from a good article/thread, it wasn't my intentions

Hey just so you know I like shooting the **** about football but this is just fun and games to me- no hard feelings.:up:

better days
01-08-2011, 07:22 AM

What do you mean by explaining "your side of it"? He was explaining FACTS!!!! Not his side or anybody elses side. As I said before facts can not be argued like opinions.

Philagape
01-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Piling on the Schobel-was-gone-Nix-was-right side :D

X-Era
01-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Forked from: Does Fitzpatrick fit the "Bill" in 2011? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3394071)

All the Schobel/Nix stuff is in here now.

Figster
01-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Piling on the Schobel-was-gone-Nix-was-right side :D

Apparently the mods must feel like this topic is worthy of discussion and I'm game.(better days/ignore off)

So tell me then, how is losing our best player on defense/ best pass rusher a good thing, or how it helped the Bills in any way, shape or form this season.

The actual debate, discussion, argument or whatever you want to call it however was, I believe it was possible to convince Aaron Schobel to stay on with the Buffalo Bills. I also believe it was Buddy Nix's job to convince him to stay.

Can anyone out there show me proof that there was zero chance of talking Schobel into staying on for another season, and don't keep coming back with he retired because its already been posted and repeated and offers zero to the argument.

Aaron Schobel retired after his release (after the fact)

Its the Bills off season, what the hell, lets dance:dancers:

better days
01-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Apparently the mods must feel like this topic is worthy of discussion and I'm game.(better days/ignore off)

So tell me then, how is losing our best player on defense/ best pass rusher a good thing, or how it helped the Bills in any way, shape or form this season.

The actual debate, discussion, argument or whatever you want to call it however was, I believe it was possible to convince Aaron Schobel to stay on with the Buffalo Bills. I also believe it was Buddy Nix's job to convince him to stay.

Can anyone out there show me proof that there was zero chance of talking Schobel into staying on for another season, and don't keep coming back with he retired because its already been posted and repeated and offers zero to the argument.

Aaron Schobel retired after his release (after the fact)

Its the Bills off season, what the hell, lets dance:dancers:

Well, the article you posted the link to was clearly written DURING the previous season. That article made it clear that Schobel was already contemplating retirement WHILE he was playing. He did not even wait until the season was over to start thinking about it. As has been said many times, when a player is thinking about retirement, he already is.

Aaron Schobel retired after his release & even the Houston Texans, the ONLY team Schobel said he would even consider playing for could not talk him out of his retirement.

Yet you think Nix could/should have talked him out of retiring, just unbelievable. If you put me on ignore, it is only because you know you can't win an argument with me.

Figster
01-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Well, the article you posted the link to was clearly written DURING the previous season. That article made it clear that Schobel was already contemplating retirement WHILE he was playing. He did not even wait until the season was over to start thinking about it. As has been said many times, when a player is thinking about retirement, he already is.

Aaron Schobel retired after his release & even the Houston Texans, the ONLY team Schobel said he would even consider playing for could not talk him out of his retirement.

Yet you think Nix could/should have talked him out of retiring, just unbelievable. If you put me on ignore, it is only because you know you can't win an argument with me.

Here's a newer one for you http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5436331

Key paragraph: On Monday, Schobel told The Associated Press that he hadn't ruled out playing one more season, adding he intended to wait a few weeks before deciding on his future. He also said the Bills told him they would release him if he reported to the team at this point.

So tell me better days, does that sound like someone whom has zero chance of playing another season, or can we take the man for his word?

ddaryl
01-08-2011, 01:58 PM
dog = meathead

gonna be a long offseason with meatheads posting typical tripe

Figster
01-08-2011, 02:20 PM
dog = meathead

gonna be a long offseason with meatheads posting typical tripe

Typical of someone who has zero input, attack the poster...

better days
01-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Here's a newer one for you http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5436331

Key paragraph: On Monday, Schobel told The Associated Press that he hadn't ruled out playing one more season, adding he intended to wait a few weeks before deciding on his future. He also said the Bills told him they would release him if he reported to the team at this point.

So tell me better days, does that sound like someone whom has zero chance of playing another season, or can we take the man for his word?

Read the 1st sentence of that article, read the entire article, then tell me Nix was wrong for letting Schobel walk. NOWHERE did Schobel in that article say he ever thought about reporting to the Bills or ever playing for them again.

That article was written AFTER Schobel had already told the Bills he would not play for them & the Bills had moved on. The part you bolded is just reiterating that the Bills had moved on. When Schobel refered to waiting a few weeks & deciding about his future, He was talking about retiring or playing for the Texans not the Bills, whom he PREVIOUSLY said he would NOT play for.

Yes, lets take the man for his word. His word, before this article was written was that he would no longer play for the Bills. When the talk was about playing for another season, it was about a season with the Texans NOT the Bills. So yes, there was ZERO chance he would play another season with the Bills.

Philagape
01-08-2011, 02:48 PM

Someone who doesn't want to be here -- which was obvious considering how he blew them off in the offseason -- isn't the best anything.
A player with his attitude is worthless, and should be let go. He was done. Not worth any effort.

Figster
01-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Read the 1st sentence of that article, read the entire article, then tell me Nix was wrong for letting Schobel walk. NOWHERE did Schobel in that article say he ever thought about reporting to the Bills or ever playing for them again.

That article was written AFTER Schobel had already told the Bills he would not play for them & the Bills had moved on. The part you bolded is just reiterating that the Bills had moved on. When Schobel refered to waiting a few weeks & deciding about his future, He was talking about retiring or playing for the Texans not the Bills, whom he PREVIOUSLY said he would NOT play for.

Yes, lets take the man for his word. His word, before this article was written was that he would no longer play for the Bills.
This is all pure speculation on your part, and how about showing me anything that said Aaron Schobel would not play for the Buffalo Bills by his own admission. Your whole argument is based on the presumption Aaron Schobel had zero intentions of playing for the Bills.

Do you have any proof to offer up at all?

Figster
01-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Someone who doesn't want to be here -- which was obvious considering how he blew them off in the offseason -- isn't the best anything.
A player with his attitude is worthless, and should be let go. He was done. Not worth any effort.

With all due respect Philagape, I could understand why you might feel this way, but that's not what this whole debate/argument is about, I posted (originally) that the Buffalo Bills/Nix let Aaron Schobel walk and better days disagrees with me.

better days
01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
This is all pure speculation on your part, and how about showing me anything that said Aaron Schobel would not play for the Buffalo Bills by his own admission. Your whole argument is based on the presumption Aaron Rodgers had zero intentions of playing for the Bills.

I remember either reading it or hearing it. I listen to the Shredd & Ragan show on podcast every day which has a lot of Bills stuff on it all year round, usually in the 2nd hour. If you listen to podcasts you should check it out.

I'm sure others on this board remember it as well, but I am not going to waste my time looking for it. Both articles you provided enhanced my argument more than yours.

Here is an idea, you show me an article that Aaron said he wanted to play for the Bills this year. Your whole argument is based on the presumption Aaron Schobel had ANY intentions of playing for the Bills.

Figster
01-08-2011, 03:16 PM
I remember either reading it or hearing it. I listen to the Shredd & Ragan show on podcast every day which has a lot of Bills stuff on it all year round, usually in the 2nd hour. If you listen to podcasts you should check it out.

I'm sure others on this board remember it as well, but I am not going to waste my time looking for it. Both articles you provided enhanced my argument more than yours.

Here is an idea, you show me an article that Aaron said he wanted to play for the Bills this year. Your whole argument is based on the presumption Aaron Schobel had ANY intentions of playing for the Bills.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/story/2010/07/28/sp-schobel.html

Schobel : "I'm thinking if I want to do it, and they want me to do it, then I'll do it," said Schobel, noting he's not had any contact with the team. "The Bills might tell me to get lost. And I'd understand it if they did that."

better days
01-08-2011, 03:21 PM
With all due respect Philagape, I could understand why you might feel this way, but that's not what this whole debate/argument is about, I posted (originally) that the Buffalo Bills/Nix let Aaron Schobel walk and better days disagrees with me.

I do not disagree with you that the Bills let Schobel walk, I disagree with you blaming Nix for letting him do so.

better days
01-08-2011, 03:28 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/story/2010/07/28/sp-schobel.html

Schobel : "I'm thinking if I want to do it, and they want me to do it, then I'll do it," said Schobel, noting he's not had any contact with the team. "The Bills might tell me to get lost. And I'd understand it if they did that."

That article was written while Schobel was still waffeling about playing for Buffalo, before he decided he did not want to. Nix gave him plenty of time to make up his mind.

When he finally did decide, his decision was he no longer wanted to play in Buffalo, but he might be willing to play for the Texans. Hence the release by the Bills to give him the opportunity to do so.

Again, reread the ESPN article YOU provided & tell me why Nix was wrong for letting him walk. I think that by doing so Nix showed all NFL players that the Bills are a good organization & will not screw a player over.

Figster
01-08-2011, 03:35 PM

The first sentence is unsubstantiated,

Its all well and good and I respect the fact that we can debate/argue without resorting to name calling,

Lets watch some beastmode buddy

Beebe's Kid
01-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Dog,

Let give what I see here...

Childress lost the team in Minnesota. He was a joke... Why? Bye pandered to Favre making him bigger than the team. He begged him to come back...he let him skip camp... He lost that team.

Buddy and Chan were brand new. No way in hell they are going to lose the team over Schobel. They gave him enough respect to wait on his decision. When it was go time, and he admittedly wanted "more time," which was "less time" at practice. Practices that the rest of the players had to attend.

Our team was not winning any more with Schobel. If he was close to retiring, what happens next year?? We do this again? Then what happens when Lee doesn't want to come to camp? Easy...

Nix did release Schobel...that is true. At the end of the day, the Bills were no better with Schobel, but Nix and Gailey would have been been doomed to let Schobel dictate the situation. Hard decision? Yes. Right decision? Yes. No special treatment. You'll be treated well, you'll be treated fairly, but if you want treated in way that could harm the other guys...don't go away mad...

Figster
01-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Dog,

Let give what I see here...

Childress lost the team in Minnesota. He was a joke... Why? Bye pandered to Favre making him bigger than the team. He begged him to come back...he let him skip camp... He lost that team.

Buddy and Chan were brand new. No way in hell they are going to lose the team over Schobel. They gave him enough respect to wait on his decision. When it was go time, and he admittedly wanted "more time," which was "less time" at practice. Practices that the rest of the players had to attend.

Our team was not winning any more with Schobel. If he was close to retiring, what happens next year?? We do this again? Then what happens when Lee doesn't want to come to camp? Easy...

Nix did release Sch
With all due respect Beebe's kid, I can understand why some folks would disagree with pursuing Schobel or wanting him back for one season. I just don't agree with it.

The PR spin that was put on the decision to release Schobel by the Buffalo Bills was convincing and evidently very successful.

better days
01-08-2011, 07:13 PM
With all due respect Beebe's kid, I can understand why some folks would disagree with pursuing Schobel or wanting him back for one season. I just don't agree with it.

The PR spin that was put on the decision to release Schobel by the Buffalo Bills was convincing and evidently very successful.

That Marshawn Lynch what a beastmode. Back to point, you may have wanted Schobel back another year, I would have liked him back myself. The point is he did not want to be back in Buffalo. He had moved his family back to Texas & had his house in Buffalo up for sale right after last season ended.

The only spin is by you that there was any chance in hell that he could be lured back. As I said before, after reading the ESPN article, how can you fault Nix for releasing him?

Nix bought goodwill for the Bills from all NFL players by releasing Schobel & it may be a reason Merriman signed with Buffalo. He knows Nix will not try to screw him over like A.J. Smith did to him & others in San Diego.

If Nix had not released Schobel it would not have forced Schobel to play in Buffalo, it only would have forced Schobel to retire, which he did anyway. Instead of being thought of as a douche as A.J. Smith is by NFL players because he has not treated them fairly, Nix has shown he is a fair decent man.

All NFL free agents will think twice before signing with S.D. while Smith is their GM & all things being equal I think they will sign with any other team over S.D. because they know Smith will not blink an eye while he screws them. Buffalo & Nix on the other hand now have the reputation of being fair & decent & that should help attract free agents to Buffalo.

Figster
01-08-2011, 07:33 PM
That Marshawn Lynch what a beastmode. Back to point, you may have wanted Schobel back another year, I would have liked him back myself. The point is he did not want to be back in Buffalo. He had moved his family back to Texas & had his house in Buffalo up for sale right after last season ended.

The only spin is by you that there was any chance in hell that he could be lured back. As I said before, after reading the ESPN article, how can you fault Nix for releasing him?

Nix bought goodwill for the Bills from all NFL players by releasing Schobel & it may be a reason Merriman signed with Buffalo. He knows Nix will not try to screw him over like A.J. Smith did to him & others in San Diego.

If Nix had not released Schobel it would not have forced Schobel to play in Buffalo, it only would have forced Schobel to retire, which he did anyway. Instead of being thought of as a douche as A.J. Smith is by NFL players because he has not treated them fairly, Nix has shown he is a fair decent man.

All NFL free agents will think twice before signing with S.D. while Smith is their GM & all things being equal I think they will sign with any other team over S.D. because they know Smith will not blink an eye while he screws them. Buffalo & Nix on the other hand now have the reputation of being fair & decent & that should help attract free agents to Buffalo.

The whole argument from me was the Bills let Schobel walk, which you agreed with earlier before retracting your post.

You have every right to your opinion and there's really nothing more to argue about as far as I'm concerned.

better days
01-08-2011, 07:47 PM
The whole argument from me was the Bills let Schobel walk, which you agreed with earlier before retracting your post.

You have every right to your opinion and there's really nothing more to argue about as far as I'm concerned.

I said I agree with you Nix released Schobel & therefore he did let him walk. My disagreement with you is your blaming Nix for releasing him.

SquishDaFish
01-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Its not NIX fault or the blame is not at his feet. Aaron all be it was a great player for us but he was holding us over a barrel. Bills gave him plenty of time and then decided they were done waiting which I along with just about every other Bills fan didnt mind seeing. Kudos to NIX for not letting him hold us over that barrel any longer

Figster
01-08-2011, 08:14 PM
I said I agree with you Nix released Schobel & therefore he did let him walk. My disagreement with you is your blaming Nix for releasing him.

I'm not really blaming Nix for the circumstances better days because as I posted earlier there is a convincing, compelling argument for why Buffalo proceeded down the path that they did. I understand where you're coming from, I'm just holding Nix partly responsible for the outcome because he is the GM and half of the equation.

Myself Personally, when Aaron Schobel made clear If he did play another season it would be his last, it was probably more of a deciding factor then Schobel dragging his feet getting into training camp, but that's just my opinion.

better days
01-08-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm not really blaming Nix for the circumstances better days because as I posted earlier there is a convincing, compelling argument for why Buffalo proceeded down the path that they did. I understand where you're coming from, I'm just holding Nix partly responsible for the outcome because he is the GM and half of the equation.

Myself Personally, when Aaron Schobel made clear If he did play another season it would be his last, it was probably more of a deciding factor then Schobel dragging his feet getting into training camp, but that's just my opinion.

Well, there is our disagreement in a nutshell. You hold Nix at least partly responsible for Schobel retiring while I do not hold him responsable at all.

As you said, at least we can disagree without any rancor.