PDA

View Full Version : Indy vs Jets

YardRat
01-08-2011, 07:18 PM
I know, I know...

I'm a big fan of defense, and a proponent of building from the trenches out.

Given that, on paper, I should be liking the Jets more than the Colts in this game, but in all honesty I'm hoping Manning and Co. kick the living **** out of big mouth, fat ass Rex Ryan and Dirty Sanchez.

Mr. Pink
01-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Wow. What an idiotic play by Holmes there.

Even though it never touched him.

Night Train
01-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Go Colts. Send Ryan home to chew on his wifes foot.

YardRat
01-08-2011, 07:51 PM
I would kill to get Harris in a Bills uni next season.

better days
01-08-2011, 08:02 PM
If the Colts win it will just support the argument about how important a good QB is.

Night Train
01-08-2011, 08:19 PM
"Sanchize" is missing a lot of open throws downfield.

better days
01-08-2011, 08:22 PM
"Sanchize" is missing a lot of open throws downfield.

Yeah, he does not look like the QB of the Jets in last years playoffs.

Mr. Miyagi
01-08-2011, 09:21 PM
F the Jets.

X-Era
01-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Is it just me or is Manning showing that a franchise QB can win over a top defense even if you spend a bunch of money.

I mean the Colts don't have anything special on D.

psubills62
01-08-2011, 09:54 PM
I think Mark Sanchez has overthrown every receiver on his team in this game.

X-Era
01-08-2011, 09:55 PM
I think Mark Sanchez has overthrown every receiver on his team in this game.PSU,

Newton vs. Sanchez as a prospect coming into the draft.

Who's better?

better days
01-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Is it just me or is Manning showing that a franchise QB can win over a top defense even if you spend a bunch of money.

The Colts don't have anything special on offense either other than Manning.

Mr. Pink
01-08-2011, 10:05 PM

It's just you.

:rofl:

psubills62
01-08-2011, 10:05 PM
PSU,

Newton vs. Sanchez as a prospect coming into the draft.

Who's better?

Haha...wow, what a question. They're like polar opposites, but both need(ed) development. I'd say Newton, just because he has all the tools and IF (big if) he can put it together, higher ceiling. Sanchez was never that impressive, imo, even in college. He tore apart PSU's soft defense in the Rose Bowl but only because he kept throwing short out routes. Made him look better than he was, unfortunately.

psubills62
01-08-2011, 10:06 PM
That was a major offensive pass interference on Braylon Edwards. I know refs rarely call that, but that was one of those few times it should definitely have been called. Would have made the game a lot more interesting with the penalty yardage.

And that was a stupid decision by Indy to call a timeout. How on earth did they think they would get the ball back?

X-Era
01-08-2011, 10:09 PM
It's just you.

:rofl:Not really. The Colts with no running game this year due to injury, and an average defense made it to the playoffs on the back of a franchise QB.

20th in the league in total defense, 29th in the league in rushing offense.

X-Era
01-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Haha...wow, what a question. They're like polar opposites, but both need(ed) development. I'd say Newton, just because he has all the tools and IF (big if) he can put it together, higher ceiling. Sanchez was never that impressive, imo, even in college. He tore apart PSU's soft defense in the Rose Bowl but only because he kept throwing short out routes. Made him look better than he was, unfortunately.Thanks for the honest take.

tomz
01-08-2011, 10:12 PM
In the short term, I'd compare Newton to Brad Smith. The good thing about starting him out that way would be that he has to get accustomed to the pre-snap reads.

YardRat
01-08-2011, 10:13 PM
If the Colts win it will just support the argument about how important a good QB is.

But they lost. Bastards.

Oops.

Sonuva*****. Now it's a lock that either NY or NE will be playing in the championship game.

X-Era
01-08-2011, 10:15 PM
In the short term, I'd compare Newton to Brad Smith. The good thing about starting him out that way would be that he has to get accustomed to the pre-snap reads.Thats way underestimating what Newton can bring to an offense IMO.

better days
01-08-2011, 10:17 PM
But they lost. Bastards.

Oops.

Sonuva*****. Now it's a lock that either NY or NE will be playing in the championship game.

DAMN CURSES DAMN CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES

X-Era
01-08-2011, 10:21 PM
DAMN CURSES DAMN CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSES DAM CURSESLosing in the last few seconds doesn't change what the Colts did to get there and how it was done.

tomz
01-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Thats way underestimating what Newton can bring to an offense IMO.

Agreed, but thinking about the Bills, with Newton apprenticing behind Fitz for a while by running a wildcat package, might be a viable scenario.

X-Era
01-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Agreed, but thinking about the Bills, with Newton apprenticing behind Fitz for a while by running a wildcat package, might be a viable scenario.Absolutely. Newton can play early in that formation and could even be brought in every now and again in normal situations.

tomz
01-08-2011, 10:31 PM
That was more my point--Newton on the run looks like an even more shifty version of Smith (who killed us in the last week of the season!) and it is easy to see Gailey using him in multiple roles--sort of an extra large Slash. Sorry to be vague on my first post--it was a little 'Bills-specific.'

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-09-2011, 04:39 AM
The Jets win and Sanchez played horribly.