5. Cards
7. 49ers
8. Titans
10. Redskins
12. Vikings
15. Dolphins
XX. Raiders
21. Seahawks

These are the likely teams that will be in the market for a QB. Given the potential market of...

Kolb
McNabb
Orton
Newton
Locker
Mallet
Gabbert

What scenario would arise that would be most beneficial for the bills that doesnt include them taking a QB at #3 themselves.

Do you think there is a consensus QB that would cause a team to decide they had to move up?

I think we should be on the phone with all these teams and hope that someone takes our spot to draft the QB they feel worthy. I say the Redskins would be a likely candidate. I would take a pick this year and next from them.

How does the QB carousel look like it will shape up. Is getting a player like Akeem Ayers and two extra picks worth it.

SquishDaFish
01-09-2011, 04:41 PM
I say stand pat take the best player available and then look at what QBs are left in the 2nd round for us. Dont forget where we are picking in rd 2 is like having another 1st round pick.

X-Era
01-09-2011, 04:55 PM
1. Panthers - More than likely taking non QB
3. Bills
5. Cards
7. 49ers
8. Titans
10. Redskins
12. Vikings
15. Dolphins
XX. Raiders
21. Seahawks

These are the likely teams that will be in the market for a QB. Given the potential market of...

Kolb
McNabb
Orton
Newton
Locker
Mallet
Gabbert

What scenario would arise that would be most beneficial for the bills that doesnt include them taking a QB at #3 themselves.

Do you think there is a consensus QB that would cause a team to decide they had to move up?

I think we should be on the phone with all these teams and hope that someone takes our spot to draft the QB they feel worthy. I say the Redskins would be a likely candidate. I would take a pick this year and next from them.

How does the QB carousel look like it will shape up. Is getting a player like Akeem Ayers and two extra picks worth it.I would do this if none of the guys looked like the type of QB we need. But I really don't see it going that way. I think the Bills may end up seriously considering a QB at 3.

But sure just to play the game here. The value chart shows us we have a good deal of value in our pick.

For a team like the Titans at 8, it would take 2200 points, their 8th is worth 1400... that means they have to cough up an additional 800. That's their 2nd (40 overall, 500 points) and 3rd (72 overall, 220 points) as well as the 8th pick.

I say the Titans because they have Collins who they can ride for a while where as teams like the Cards and 49ers have young guys and might rather add a vet.

That's a big cost for the Titans. Should the Bills take it? Probably. Especially if the guy the Titans want is say Newton and the Bills can still get Gabbert at 8 or a D player who can help them right away.

It could end up that the top 2 or 3 QB's end up with top 15 grades and then it comes down to each teams preference.

But I really think we will be thinking QB very seriously at 3 if one or more ends up being worth the pick.

X-Era
01-09-2011, 04:57 PM
BTW you left Young off your list.

YardRat
01-09-2011, 06:11 PM
I'd trade down with a team like Tennessee to get a couple of extra picks in this draft, but I'm still going BPA and seeing which QB drops to us in the second.

Night Train
01-09-2011, 06:21 PM
If the Bills decide QB isn't their priority in Round 1, then accept any decent offer to trade down and get the extra picks. God knows we need them. A DE/DT type of quality could still be had in Round 1

I think the only QB that would tempt the Bills at #3 would be Newton... but they have many weeks to do their dectective work on everyone.

jamze132
01-10-2011, 05:15 AM
Or we could stay at #3 and get a stud.