X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

What do we do if this happens

Look I do not want us to take AJ Green but if Nix and Gailey feel he is Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Fitz good why would you pass that up?

Personally I would rather Peterson or a DL prospect, but just roll with this.

Everyone one of us says that Evans is having a hard time and might not be a true number but is a GREAT 2.

If we drafted Green he and Johnson would probably be the starters on the outside Lee would line up in the slot, Roscoe/Nelson/Easley/Jones would be 4 through 7 (who do we cut to get to 6 or do we roll with 7 and short change DB?).

That has the potential to be the best wr corps in the NFL and could literally give defenses nightmares especially with Spiller and Fred in the backfield. Plus the way fitz spreads the ball around what could they do.

Yes we all know the run defense is the major issue and if we could stop the run our offense could be better, but we also know you can get serviceable 34 DE in later rounds. We could get Klug (Iowa) or Ballard (Iowa) late 2 to 4, the DT from Temple in the second or 3rd.

The one thing we know is this is becoming a passing league, and I believe you have to have an offense minded head coach to win in today's NFL especially if Tom Brady is not your QB.

Here is the thing I just want the bills to draft a star and a star that is going to dominate at his position whatever it may be. The fact we drafted Spiller makes me believe this team is going to draft BPA no matter what.

That being said I really hope they bring in some FA so this is not a huge problem.

I would also resign Wilson, Poz, and maybe Florence.
    Last edited by DesertFox24; 01-10-2011, 08:18 AM.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: What do we do if this happens

NO

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DesertFox24
      Look I do not want us to take AJ Green but if Nix and Gailey feel he is Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Fitz good why would you pass that up?

Personally I would rather Peterson or a DL prospect, but just roll with this.

Everyone one of us says that Evans is having a hard time and might not be a true number but is a GREAT 2.

If we drafted Green he and Johnson would probably be the starters on the outside Lee would line up in the slot, Roscoe/Nelson/Easley/Jones would be 4 through 7 (who do we cut to get to 6 or do we roll with 7 and short change DB?).

That has the potential to be the best wr corps in the NFL and could literally give defenses nightmares especially with Spiller and Fred in the backfield. Plus the way fitz spreads the ball around what could they do.

Yes we all know the run defense is the major issue and if we could stop the run our offense could be better, but we also know you can get serviceable 34 DE in later rounds. We could get Klug (Iowa) or Ballard (Iowa) late 2 to 4, the DT from Temple in the second or 3rd.

The one thing we know is this is becoming a passing league, and I believe you have to have an offense minded head coach to win in today's NFL especially if Tom Brady is not your QB.

Here is the thing I just want the bills to draft a star and a star that is going to dominate at his position whatever it may be. The fact we drafted Spiller makes me believe this team is going to draft BPA no matter what.

That being said I really hope they bring in some FA so this is not a huge problem.

I would also resign Wilson, Poz, and maybe Florence.
      If Green is far & away the BPA at #3, I would rather see the Bills trade down than draft him. With all the holes on the Bills, an extra pick or two would help more than another WR.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

who has a desperate WR need? millen is out of a GM spot and a team like the colts probably wouldn't leverage up like that. They still have holes on the line and in the run game to address. are there other teams that want a WR badly and think they have all the other pieces?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

No matter how good AJ Green is, we will NEVER win consistently if we can't stop the run and rush the passer. We need Defensive front seven guys above all else.
          Last edited by Jan Reimers; 01-10-2011, 08:32 AM.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

For me AJ Green is a top 5 talent. I see him as a mix of Reggie Wayne and Sidney Rice.

Now if Newton and Peterson are gone before us, then AJ Green becomes a possibility for me.

It would be between Green and Bowers at that point.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus
              who has a desperate WR need? millen is out of a GM spot and a team like the colts probably wouldn't leverage up like that. They still have holes on the line and in the run game to address. are there other teams that want a WR badly and think they have all the other pieces?
              The K.C. Chiefs are one team that comes to mind. Maybe the Browns. The Rams.
              Last edited by better days; 01-10-2011, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                No matter how good AJ Green is, we will NEVER win consistently if we can't stop the run and rush the passer. We need Defensive front seven guys above all else.
                We resigned Merriman to help with the pass rush. Moats will be a year better, we get to see what Batten can provide in terms of a pass rush. Batten is a very fast LB. He ran between 4.6 and 4.7 and had 9.5 sacks in his senior year.

As for run defense, there is no run stuffer whose value projects at #3 overall. The only one would be Dareus and for me he is not #3 value.

If we draft Bowers or Fairley it will be for their pass rush ability. Edwards and Carrington will most likely be our first down DEs anyways.

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Do we only have 1 draft pick and has the NFL banned our opportunity to pick up a single FA? It seems that way around here.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mahdi
                    We resigned Merriman to help with the pass rush. Moats will be a year better, we get to see what Batten can provide in terms of a pass rush. Batten is a very fast LB. He ran between 4.6 and 4.7 and had 9.5 sacks in his senior year.

As for run defense, there is no run stuffer whose value projects at #3 overall. The only one would be Dareus and for me he is not #3 value.

If we draft Bowers or Fairley it will be for their pass rush ability. Edwards and Carrington will most likely be our first down DEs anyways.
                    With no DL player worth the #3 pick all the better reason to trade down.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by better days
                      With no DL player worth the #3 pick all the better reason to trade down.
                      I find it pointless to talk about trading down simply because it is not realistic. It rarely happens that a team trades up that high.

I would prefer to discuss the selection possibilities and for me it's Newton, Bowers, Peterson, Green.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi

Dareus is my guy and I think he will be a stud in the league for a long time.

Case and point I really want us to go defense and the two guys I can see in a bills uni are Peterson and Dareus.

Peterson, McGee, and McKelvin will be a very fast and athletic trio.

However, Dareus is probably the best bet for us.

Dwan edwards, Williams, and Dareus would be the starters with Stroud Carrington Troupe and Johnson the backups. Maybe Stroud gets cut.

4 down line would be different based on down and distance. Those guys give us a lot possibilities.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DesertFox24
                          Dareus is my guy and I think he will be a stud in the league for a long time.

Case and point I really want us to go defense and the two guys I can see in a bills uni are Peterson and Dareus.

Peterson, McGee, and McKelvin will be a very fast and athletic trio.

However, Dareus is probably the best bet for us.

Dwan edwards, Williams, and Dareus would be the starters with Stroud Carrington Troupe and Johnson the backups. Maybe Stroud gets cut.

4 down line would be different based on down and distance. Those guys give us a lot possibilities.
                          Dareus doesn't have enough pass rush ability to warrant a top 5 pick IMO. Top 12 yes, 5 no.

Comment

• Bangarang
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by madness
                            Do we only have 1 draft pick and has the NFL banned our opportunity to pick up a single FA? It seems that way around here.
                            You must have missed the memo. We only have our 1st round pick this year and our free agent signing privileges have been revoked.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                              This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                              • Feb 2009

The logic last year was that Lynch was struggling and always in trouble with the law, so we went Spiller.

Yes, lets go through that again.
                              True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

Working...
                              X