PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Mock Draft

T-Long
01-10-2011, 08:47 AM
As always, post your Top 5 mock and comments below!

1. Carolina: Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson

2. Denver: Nick Fairley DT Auburn

3. Buffalo: Cam Newton QB Auburn

4. Cincinnati: AJ Green WR Georgia

5. Arizona: Patrick Peterson CB LSU

This should get some interesting comments....fire away!

madness
01-10-2011, 08:49 AM
:puke: @ #3

BlackMetalNinja
01-10-2011, 08:57 AM
:puke: @ #3
Agreed!

Dr. Lecter
01-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Times 3!!!!!!!!!!!

hydro
01-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Man I really want us to trade out of that top spot :ill:

T-Long
01-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Hey, I could have been boring and put Dareus's name in there. Post yours!

BuffaloBlitz83
01-10-2011, 09:11 AM

2. Denver: Patrick Peterson CB LSU

5. Arizona: Ryan Mallet QB Arkansas

dannyek71
01-10-2011, 09:12 AM
I am going to go out on a limb and say that the teams which have been doing well for the last 15 years (Pittsburgs, NEs, Indy etc...) will make smart moves and picks in April and we will do something moronic like we have for the last 15 years. See Maybin, Spiller, Flowers etc...

Mindbender
01-10-2011, 09:17 AM
1. Carolina: AJ Green WR Georgia

3. Buffalo: Marcell Dareus DE Alabama

4. Cincinnati: Nick Fairley DT Auburn

5. Arizona: Cam Newton QB Auburn

ddaryl
01-10-2011, 09:18 AM
this is a great year to trade back IF we can. There should be an uptick in underclassmen declaring which should increase the talent pool., due ot the last uncapped draft.

more picks in this draft would be a good thing.

Buffalo Thriller
01-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Newton baby, i can see it.

Dr. Lecter
01-10-2011, 09:23 AM

3. Buffalo: Marcell Dareus DE Alabama

5. Arizona: Nick Fairley DT Auburn

djjimkelly
01-10-2011, 09:59 AM
the only player i dont want out of any of the top 10 talents

is newton

1 year wonder

sketchy past

never gonna happen

justasportsfan
01-10-2011, 10:02 AM
NIx is all about finding a franchise qb. Wouldn't be surprised if he drafts Newton with the 3rd pick. I'm starting to like what I read about Gabbert though but not at 3.

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Give me Dareus.

TacklingDummy
01-10-2011, 10:21 AM
1) Carolina: Cam Newton

2) Denver: Bowers

3) Bills: Fairley

4) Bengals: AJ Green

5) Cardinals: Dareus

don137
01-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Newton, bowers and Fairley have only done it for one year. As a result I do not think they are on the Bills radar based on Nix's comments of not liking one year players especially since they were burned by Maybin. I think it is down to Dareus, Peterson or Green in that order.

psubills62
01-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Newton, bowers and Fairley have only done it for one year. As a result I do not think they are on the Bills radar based on Nix's comments of not liking one year players especially since they were burned by Maybin. I think it is down to Dareus, Peterson or Green in that order.

Exactly the three I've been saying it will be between - Dareus, Peterson, and Green. Though I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Peterson or Green drafted before Dareus.

DynaPaul
01-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Screw Cam Newton, we need Nick Fairley!

Ed
01-10-2011, 11:24 AM
1. Carolina - Cam Newton. I think Cam has a huge game tonight, wows everyone in workouts, and does a good enough job in interviews to ease concerns about any character or work ethic issues. I think Carolina feels burned by Luck going back to Stanford, and the desire to still make a big splash will lead them to taking the most exciting player in college even if it's against their better judgement.

2. Denver - DaQuan Bowers. Denver desperately needs front 7 help particularly on the D-line. With the return of Dumerville, adding Bowers will be a big boost to their D and form a nasty combo on the right side. If Champ Bailey doesn't re-sign, I think they give strong consideration to Peterson, but go with Bowers in the end.

3. Buffalo - Marcel Dareus. I think Buffalo will be disappointed that they missed out on Newton and won't want to use the #3 pick on any other qb. I think they will try to trade out of this spot to get additional picks, but they won't have any takers. With no OT's or LB's worthy of this pick, they take the best D-lineman available. I think Peterson once again gets very strong consideration, but they decide to go with the guy that can make an impact in run defense and pass rush.

4. Cincy - AJ Green. The Bengals may have bigger needs then WR, but they can't pass up on an elite talent and prospect like Green. I think Fairley gets strong consideration here also.

5. Arizona - Blaine Gabbert. Arizona reaches slightly for Gabbert, but after getting a little taste of success with Kurt Warner, they are desperate to land a franchise qb of the future. I expect Gabbert to do very well in workouts and interviews and for his stock to only rise. This pick assumes that McNabb doesn't end up in Arizona, which I think has a good chance.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I haven't done one of these in years.

1. Carolina - D'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson - The next Bruce Smith?
2. Denver - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn - They make me cry.
3. Buffalo - Jake Locker, QB, Washington - I have come to the realization this organizatin does the exact opposite of what I think they will do.
4. Cincinatti - Prince Akumura, CB, Nebraska - If I thought the Bills do the opposite of what I think, the Bengals are worse.
5. Arizona - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU - In their lap.

Akhippo
01-10-2011, 12:05 PM
1. Carolina - D'Quan Bowers
2. Denver - Patrick Peterson
3. Buffalo - Trade with #10 Washington for Cam Newton (2nd this yr./2nd next yr.)
4. Cincinatti - AJ Green
5. Arizona - Nick Fairley
10. Buffalo - Akeem Ayers or Jack Locker

Nighthawk
01-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Honestly, for all those that want a DT/DL at #3...please tell me the last time a DT/DL was drafted that high and made a huge difference on a defense? You all act like it is a given that any of them would walk right in and be a superstar and immediately make the defense better. From what I've seen, there are none of those types available in this draft and I don't see any of the usual suspects (Bowers, Dareus, Fairley) being that either.

Bill Cody
01-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Honestly, for all those that want a DT/DL at #3...please tell me the last time a DT/DL was drafted that high and made a huge difference on a defense? You all act like it is a given that any of them would walk right in and be a superstar and immediately make the defense better. From what I've seen, there are none of those types available in this draft and I don't see any of the usual suspects (Bowers, Dareus, Fairley) being that either.

Suh has been a wrecking crew in Detroit this year. BJ Raji from the year before has been a force for GB. But guys like Dorsey and Okoye have been semi busts from recent drafts. If your point is we need to really do our homework and make the right pick I am with you. But DT/DE are both critical positions so I absolutely want us to consider them carefully as both are huge needs.

If we want to move down having Peterson on the board at three will increase the # of calls we get. I would be thrilled if Newton turns out not to be a dummy and we move down to maybe 9 and take him there and pick up a couple extra choices.

Nighthawk
01-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Suh has been a wrecking crew in Detroit this year. BJ Raji from the year before has been a force for GB. But guys like Dorsey and Okoye have been semi busts from recent drafts. If your point is we need to really do our homework and make the right pick I am with you. But DT/DE are both critical positions so I absolutely want us to consider them carefully as both are huge needs.

If we want to move down having Peterson on the board at three will increase the # of calls we get. I would be thrilled if Newton turns out not to be a dummy and we move down to maybe 9 and take him there and pick up a couple extra choices.

Raji has not been a force and in fact has struggled early in his career. Suh is the difference maker that I mentioned that I don't see in this draft...he was a once in a lifetime talent...I don't see anybody in his class this year. I'm not saying this team shouldn't pick one of the lineman, but from some people's posts, it seems that there is a feeling that it will instantly improve the defense...I'm not so sure.

EDS
01-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Raji has not been a force and in fact has struggled early in his career. Suh is the difference maker that I mentioned that I don't see in this draft...he was a once in a lifetime talent...I don't see anybody in his class this year. I'm not saying this team shouldn't pick one of the lineman, but from some people's posts, it seems that there is a feeling that it will instantly improve the defense...I'm not so sure.

Given the current state of the Bills defense, I would expect any rookie picked at 3 overall to be an improvement on the DL, at linebacker or in the secondary, as the case may be.

I don't love the d-line prospects this year, but if I had to make the call, I would take Bowers at 3, assuming he is available, and run a 4-3 defense going forward. Only way I run a 3-4 is if I can get a legit nose tackle and move Kyle Williams to ther other end, and maybe move him inside on obvious passing downs.

Nighthawk
01-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Given the current state of the Bills defense, I would expect any rookie picked at 3 overall to be an improvement on the DL, at linebacker or in the secondary, as the case may be.

I don't love the d-line prospects this year, but if I had to make the call, I would take Bowers at 3, assuming he is available, and run a 4-3 defense going forward. Only way I run a 3-4 is if I can get a legit nose tackle and move Kyle Williams to ther other end, and maybe move him inside on obvious passing downs.

Agreed...

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and say that the teams which have been doing well for the last 15 years (Pittsburgs, NEs, Indy etc...) will make smart moves and picks in April and we will do something moronic like we have for the last 15 years. See Maybin, Spiller, Flowers etc...
Damn man don't be so quick to call Spiller a bust. It's only been his first year.

T-Long
01-10-2011, 01:15 PM
I have come to the realization this organizatin does the exact opposite of what I think they will do.
:funny:

dannyek71
01-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Cam Newton = Jemarcus Russel v2.0

better days
01-10-2011, 05:25 PM

McCoy while not as good as Suh, was having a good year in Tampa before being injured.

better days
01-10-2011, 05:27 PM

Very possibly. That is the gamble with him.

X-Era
01-10-2011, 05:29 PM
At 3 I would be happy with:

Marcel Dareus
Da'Quan Bowers

I'd be OK with:

Patrick Peterson
AJ Green

If they reach top 3 worthiness, I'd also be happy with:

Blaine Gabbert
Cam Newton

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 05:35 PM

Because they're both tall, black, and QB's? One is very far from the other in terms of their natural abilities and how they play

hydro
01-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Because they're both tall, black, and QB's? One is very far from the other in terms of their natural abilities and how they play

Russell is the new Leaf. Everyone that is big time bust material gets compared to him.

jamze132
01-10-2011, 06:30 PM

5. Arizona: Ryan Mallet QB Arkansas

If that's the case, the Bills would be stupid to not pick Fairely, IMO.

Don't Panic
01-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Exactly the three I've been saying it will be between - Dareus, Peterson, and Green. Though I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Peterson or Green drafted before Dareus.

Agree. I think Lecter had the right top 5, but not sure about order. Bowers could definitely go #1 (especially with Rivera there), as could Green IMO. I haven't seen anyone else worth the #1... yet. At this point, I think those two are the two that are off the board when our pick comes up and that we'll debate between Fairley and Dareus. In the end, I think we go Dareus, leaving Peterson for Cincy and Fairley for the Cards.

Lets so how much these change between now and April!