PDA

View Full Version : Bills' faith in Fitz stabilizes QB outlook

justasportsfan
01-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Now consider the negative effect the Buffalo defense had on the offense. The Bills' last-ranked run defense couldn't get off the field. So the Buffalo offense ran the sixth-fewest plays in the league and had the fifth-worst time of possession.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article307554.ece

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 09:54 AM
wOw makes sense if we stop them we get the ball more with better field position which also gets us more rhythm on offense

we need to stop the run and get to the QB gailey will find a way to score

EDS
01-10-2011, 11:22 AM
The offense could help itself by not turning the ball over so much.

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 11:51 AM
The offense could help itself by not turning the ball over so much.

ya but when you don;t believe your D can stop them you force it more....it means every position you have you need points.

i get your point but if we could win 17-14 ball games they could manage it more.

Nighthawk
01-10-2011, 12:02 PM
ya but when you don;t believe your D can stop them you force it more....it means every position you have you need points.

i get your point but if we could win 17-14 ball games they could manage it more.

So how do the Pats and Colts do it? Oh yeah, they have legitimate QBs...

Getting a franchise QB is and should always be the #1 priority on any team.

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 12:04 PM
So how do the Pats and Colts do it? Oh yeah, they have legitimate QBs...

Getting a franchise QB is and should always be the #1 priority on any team.

And how do the jets and ravens do it

o ya they played solid D and got turnovers...

also the pats SB runs they had great D's

also colts SB win there D finally stepped up.

you need a mix of both and right now we have the worst run D

Nighthawk
01-10-2011, 12:06 PM
And how do the jets and ravens do it

o ya they played solid D and got turnovers...

also the pats SB runs they had great D's

also colts SB win there D finally stepped up.

you need a mix of both and right now we have the worst run D

I've got news for you...for this team to win with Fitz as QB, you would need a top 2-3 defense and that is more unlikely then drafting a franchise QB who could make a bigger impact, sooner.

p.s. - The Colts defense during the SB run was (i believe?) worst in the NFL.

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 12:07 PM
I've got news for you...for this team to win with Fitz as QB, you would need a top 2-3 defense and that is more unlikely then drafting a franchise QB who could make a bigger impact, sooner.

p.s. - The Colts defense during the SB run was (i believe?) worst in the NFL.

NO the colts D stepped up during the playoffs when bob saunders came back from injury before that they couldnt stop ****

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 12:10 PM
also patriots drafted there QB in the 6th RD so don't give me the **** that they need to draft it with the 3rd pick

Ingtar33
01-10-2011, 12:10 PM
fitz managed to turn the ball over 23 times with the 5th fewest plays?

nice. imagine if he had the ball MORE often

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 12:12 PM

and you can say if he didn't have to force the issue knowing the D could barely stop anyone he would have less......

i don't think fitz is the answer but i believe a better D would help everyone on the O.

Nighthawk
01-10-2011, 12:15 PM
also patriots drafted there QB in the 6th RD so don't give me the **** that they need to draft it with the 3rd pick

Umm, how many QBs who go on to have SB careers were drafted outside the 1st round? The odds are in the Bills favor that picking a guy in the 1st will work more then picking one later.

justasportsfan
01-10-2011, 12:22 PM

he'd score more TD's.

Nighthawk
01-10-2011, 12:24 PM
he'd score more TD's.

You do realize he got worse as the season went along...don't you?

better days
01-10-2011, 12:26 PM

Losing his receivers, especially Evans had nothing to do with that.

Nighthawk
01-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Losing his receivers, especially Evans had nothing to do with that.

Right...nothing is ever Fitz's fault...his completion percentage, his turnovers, his lack of ability to win games late. Nope, nothing is his fault.

JCBills
01-10-2011, 12:36 PM

When you allow 30+ pts a game, it isn't out of the question to think that the QB might feel like he's got to force it a little bit.

justasportsfan
01-10-2011, 12:36 PM

he'd still throw more td's.

JCBills
01-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Right...nothing is ever Fitz's fault...his completion percentage, his turnovers, his lack of ability to win games late. Nope, nothing is his fault.

Funny though, because nobody is saying that. You just like to paint it as completely being one way, as if the D had no impact on any of this.

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Funny though, because nobody is saying that. You just like to paint it as completely being one way, as if the D had no impact on any of this.

Nah its all fitz fault

better days
01-10-2011, 12:45 PM

I did not say nothing was Fitz's fault. Losing Evans however hurt the receiving game a lot because EVERY TEAM double teamed him & people that want to get rid of Evans should understand that.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-10-2011, 12:51 PM
not a relevent point.... Brady is a once in a melenium score.... will not be repeated in your lifetime.

X-Era
01-10-2011, 03:52 PM

p.s. - The Colts defense during the SB run was (i believe?) worst in the NFL.Potentially, with one player, you can affect your record. I don't see that a single player on defense can make the same impact. A defensive player can make an impact, and can make your team better. But a franchise QB can make a much bigger impact.

For us to get to a playoff caliber team or more with Fitz, we need a whole host of big and expensive upgrades on the D. If, and it's a big if, we suddenly drastically improved our drafting success, we might have a top 5 defense in this league by 2013. I think that recipe can work but is not likely to be attained here.

I think our winning recipe is a franchise QB and a average or slightly above average defense. I just think it's a more likely route for us.

If there is a potential franchise caliber QB worthy of the 3rd pick, we stand to make a more drastic change for the better with that pick than with picking any other position. This assumes we would hit on either player. Gailey himself has already said this.

Have your cake and eat it too. Get the possible franchise QB at 3, if one is worth the pick, and spend a bit more in FA, and spend a good deal of picks on the defense.

Nighthawk
01-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Potentially, with one player, you can affect your record. I don't see that a single player on defense can make the same impact. A defensive player can make an impact, and can make your team better. But a franchise QB can make a much bigger impact.

For us to get to a playoff caliber team or more with Fitz, we need a whole host of big and expensive upgrades on the D. If, and it's a big if, we suddenly drastically improved our drafting success, we might have a top 5 defense in this league by 2013. I think that recipe can work but is not likely to be attained here.

I think our winning recipe is a franchise QB and a average or slightly above average defense. I just think it's a more likely route for us.

If there is a potential franchise caliber QB worthy of the 3rd pick, we stand to make a more drastic change for the better with that pick than with picking any other position. This assumes we would hit on either player. Gailey himself has already said this.

Have your cake and eat it too. Get the possible franchise QB at 3, if one is worth the pick, and spend a bit more in FA, and spend a good deal of picks on the defense.

Yet again Era, I agree with you completely!

jamze132
01-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Fitz is just too wild to carry a team through the playoffs. He might get you there in a mediocre division, but no Super Bowls unless his accuracy improves, which by the way is highly unlikely from a guy who is as old as he is. If you can't throw a ball accurately by now, you won't consistently do it ever.