PDA

View Full Version : ****Cam Newton NC Game Scouting Thread****

BidsJr
01-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Monday night 8:30pm EST, ESPN.

Get an early look at the next Buffalo Bills QB.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-10-2011, 11:07 AM
I truly believe a good game today will make Ralph drool and there by force Chan and Buddy to take him.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-10-2011, 11:12 AM
I hope sooo

better days
01-10-2011, 11:56 AM
I truly believe a good game today will make Ralph drool and there by force Chan and Buddy to take him.

Unless it convinces Carolina to take him at #1.

Italian Stallion
01-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Unless it convinces Carolina to take him at #1.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Although Richardson said that he wants to save money with whomever he picks at #1 (Kind of like Parcells did with Jake Long..."we will take you #1 if you agree to this contract). I doubt he'd be able to do that with a QB

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2011, 01:24 PM
If Cam Newton looks great, not just good, but GREAT tonight, then I'm on board with taking him at #3.

BidsJr
01-10-2011, 01:38 PM
At least we should get an idea of who Carolina likes a bit ahead of the draft.

DrGraves
01-10-2011, 01:41 PM
i hope no one gets over excited by his performance tonight... after all he has had OVER A MONTH to prepare for this game. (anyone of us here should look good after having that much time)

Johnny Bugmenot
01-10-2011, 01:47 PM
And an unimpressive night will send him back to the middle of the pack.

Extremebillsfan247
01-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Unless it convinces Carolina to take him at #1.Which would then leave us Nick Fairley. Win win, Loving the 3rd overall pick. No matter what happens we will end up with a stud player.

Figster
01-10-2011, 02:12 PM
i hope no one gets over excited by his performance tonight... after all he has had OVER A MONTH to prepare for this game. (anyone of us here should look good after having that much time)

So did the opposition (month of preparation)

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 02:22 PM
So did the opposition (month of preparation)

and he is a freak he should dominate this game.....rooting for the ducks tho love listening to there coach on dan patrick.

Crisis
01-10-2011, 02:30 PM
If Cam Newton looks great, not just good, but GREAT tonight, then I'm on board with taking him at #3.

so you would've been on board with drafting vince young high?

pass on newton

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-10-2011, 02:39 PM
is newton a "running QB" if so then im questionalbe on him. if he can throw AWESOME and has command of the game then im in. if he just runs around like crzy and can make people miss a tackle, thats not going to mek him a nfl QB

Demon
01-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Which would then leave us Nick Fairley. Win win, Loving the 3rd overall pick. No matter what happens we will end up with a stud player.

Not exactly....

Demon
01-10-2011, 02:51 PM
is newton a "running QB" if so then im questionalbe on him. if he can throw AWESOME and has command of the game then im in. if he just runs around like crzy and can make people miss a tackle, thats not going to mek him a nfl QB

You've never seen him play I take it? One of the best things about his game is his accuracy. But he also has a very strong arm. But, he's quick as hell so he runs a lot too.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-10-2011, 03:05 PM
You've never seen him play I take it? One of the best things about his game is his accuracy. But he also has a very strong arm. But, he's quick as hell so he runs a lot too.
Ive seen him play 2x and both times I felt the strength of his game was his running... and taht makes me nervous.... Vick not withstanding, running QBs rarely excell in the NFL

patmoran2006
01-10-2011, 03:28 PM
so you would've been on board with drafting vince young high?

pass on newton

I respect the hell out of your opinions as much as anyone elses on this board, but i'm going to completely disagree with you on this-- mainly for three reasons.

1- I dont think Vince Young was drafted into a great situation and other than Chris Johnson past 2 years has badly lacked weapons. Name me relevelent Titans WR's since 2006 or quality TE's over the past few years? Fisher and say, Chan Gailey are polar opposites in offensive approaches. Had Young went to a different team things might've been different.

2. Despite what at least I think is a lack of talent all around, Young has a pretty damn good record as a starter.

3. I think the Vince Young comparisons are made mostly because both are black quarterbacks. To me, Newton isnt all that similar to Young with the exception of the legs. Newtown has a MUCH better arm than Young and IMO is more accurate. You have to go back some, but to me Randall Cunningham is a much better person to compare Newton to.

For the record, Im not advocating drafting Newton quite yet.. Theres the interview process and character check Nix (and any GM) will run thoroughly that we know little about.. and I am quite interested to see how he plays on a national championship stage.. But Im more than a little intrigued with him.

Prov401
01-10-2011, 03:29 PM

He has a very accurate and strong arm. He's a physical runner as well. Isn't as elusive or quick as Vick was coming out, but he is fast and can bull over people.

I'm hoping the kid has a good game tonight. I think he'd look good in a Bills uni.

Prov401
01-10-2011, 03:36 PM
I respect the hell out of your opinions as much as anyone elses on this board, but i'm going to completely disagree with you on this-- mainly for three reasons.

1- I dont think Vince Young was drafted into a great situation and other than Chris Johnson past 2 years has badly lacked weapons. Name me relevelent Titans WR's since 2006 or quality TE's over the past few years? Fisher and say, Chan Gailey are polar opposites in offensive approaches. Had Young went to a different team things might've been different.

2. Despite what at least I think is a lack of talent all around, Young has a pretty damn good record as a starter.

3. I think the Vince Young comparisons are made mostly because both are black quarterbacks. To me, Newton isnt all that similar to Young with the exception of the legs. Newtown has a MUCH better arm than Young and IMO is more accurate. You have to go back some, but to me Randall Cunningham is a much better person to compare Newton to.

For the record, Im not advocating drafting Newton quite yet.. Theres the interview process and character check Nix (and any GM) will run thoroughly that we know little about.. and I am quite interested to see how he plays on a national championship stage.. But Im more than a little intrigued with him.

I agree with your assessments on Young. Everybody is quick to blame him, when in reality nobody knows what went on the last 5 years in Tennessee. Fisher clearly had no confidence in him at all, and that has definitely got to wear on a young QB. Everybody seems to forget the guy is 30-17 as a starter, led the Titans to the playoffs, and in his starts this year, has had his highest QB rating since being the the NFL. And, as you said, he hasn't been blessed with the greatest supporting cast outside Chris Johnson. I may be in the minority but, if the Bills decide to draft defense with the first pick, and Young is a free agent... I'd take a hard look at him.

Pinkerton Security
01-10-2011, 03:39 PM
biggest thing with Newton is his sheer size and athleticism, along with his cannon arm. I am not big on drafting a 6'0 210 pound shifty QB (other than Vick), but Newton is 6'6", 240 or 250, and is still fast and elusive...kinda blows me away. He is a true freak of nature athletically and that is quite alluring, so I wouldnt be horribly upset if we drafted him.

X-Era
01-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Here's are few on the field things to look for that may either be a question you might have or something that might not be obvious:

Can Newton read defenses?

I've already watched him reading defenses so really it's watching him do more of it. Watch his head as he drops back. You should see him visibly turning it as he goes through his reads.

Can Newton show poise in the pocket?

What we want to see is him drop back and wait for players to get open. He shouldn't just look at the main guy and then run it if that guy isn't open. Watch the play as well. Sometimes he will fake the pass on a called draw.

Cam will sometimes look off his receivers.

Watch his eyes. I have noticed him looking at a different receiver and then quickly coming back to the guy he intends to throw it too. It's to keep the DB's from keying on his target and he's effective at doing it.

Watch Cam's touch.

He does a nice job taking something off his short throws or when he throws a fade. And you can get convinced he has only an average arm. Then he will make a great throw on a rope and show that he simply is using good touch on his throws.

Watch his mechanics throwing the ball.

His front foot should be pointing to his target. His release point should be at the top. The throws should have good spiral. Watch for a good release speed without an excessive windup. But also realize what I said before that he will sometimes slow it down to add touch to his throws.

Watch Cam's accuracy.

You want to see him throwing to the opposite side of his defenders. You want to see him put the throws on the body or in a catch-able spot.

We all know he will make plays with his legs and that he can be a difference maker in his playmaking ability. But, we should also want to see his quarterbacking skills and tonight is a good chance to do that.

Ohh, BTW, yes this game is huge. But if Newton has a poor game, it's simply another piece in a big puzzle on him. It's not the end of the world. But he can do whole lot for his stock if he has a big game.

X-Era
01-10-2011, 05:42 PM

For the record, Im not advocating drafting Newton quite yet.. Theres the interview process and character check Nix (and any GM) will run thoroughly that we know little about.. and I am quite interested to see how he plays on a national championship stage.. But Im more than a little intrigued with him.Your inbox is full.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-10-2011, 05:47 PM
I know this is off topic but,

Auburn -3 or over/under 75 ???

Oh, and cam newton is a monster...that is all

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I know this is off topic but,

Auburn -3 or over/under 75 ???

Oh, and cam newton is a monster...that is all

Joey Harrington is at the game representing his Ducks, that alone should be enough to secure an Auburn victory. Lay the 3 points.

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Here's are few on the field things to look for that may either be a question you might have or something that might not be obvious:

I've already watched him reading defenses so really it's watching him do more of it. Watch his head as he drops back. You should see him visibly turning it as he goes through his reads.

What we want to see is him drop back and wait for players to get open. He shouldn't just look at the main guy and then run it if that guy isn't open. Watch the play as well. Sometimes he will fake the pass on a called draw.

Watch his eyes. I have noticed him looking at a different receiver and then quickly coming back to the guy he intends to throw it too. It's to keep the DB's from keying on his target and he's effective at doing it.

Watch Cam's touch.

He does a nice job taking something off his short throws or when he throws a fade. And you can get convinced he has only an average arm. Then he will make a great throw on a rope and show that he simply is using good touch on his throws.

His front foot should be pointing to his target. His release point should be at the top. The throws should have good spiral. Watch for a good release speed without an excessive windup. But also realize what I said before that he will sometimes slow it down to add touch to his throws.

Watch Cam's accuracy.

You want to see him throwing to the opposite side of his defenders. You want to see him put the throws on the body or in a catch-able spot.

We all know he will make plays with his legs and that he can be a difference maker in his playmaking ability. But, we should also want to see his quarterbacking skills and tonight is a good chance to do that.

Ohh, BTW, yes this game is huge. But if Newton has a poor game, it's simply another piece in a big puzzle on him. It's not the end of the world. But he can do whole lot for his stock if he has a big game.

This guy knows what he's talking about right here. He's not just a pretty face.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 06:08 PM

Watch Cam's touch.

Watch Cam's accuracy.

People who don't want him to be a Bill, better hope he has a mediocre/poor game.

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 06:30 PM
This may be a silly question but does anyone know if any Bills scouts will be in attendance tonight?

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 06:38 PM
This may be a silly question but does anyone know if any Bills scouts will be in attendance tonight?

I'm sure they'll be there. I'm sure all the teams will have scouts there.

Newton, Fairley, there are probably a few later round guys in there as well.

BidsJr
01-10-2011, 06:41 PM
People who don't want him to be a Bill, better hope he has a mediocre/poor game.

Could be just the opposite. Big game may entice someone to jump to #2.

If Nix and Co haven't seen enough by now, he isn't worth #3 anyway.

X-Era
01-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Some quick hype before the game:

Do you realize that Cam Newton has a better passers rating in what could be his final year than:

Cam Netwon:
<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left">YEAR</td><td> CMP</td> <td>ATT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>CMP%</td> <td>YPA</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>INT</td> <td>SACK</td> <td>RAT</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2010</td> <td>165</td> <td>246</td> <td>2589</td> <td>67.1</td> <td>10.52</td> <td>94</td> <td>28</td> <td>6</td> <td>21</td> <td>188.16</td></tr></tbody></table>
Vince Young:
<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left">YEAR</td><td> CMP</td> <td>ATT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>CMP%</td> <td>YPA</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>INT</td> <td>SACK</td> <td>RAT</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2005</td> <td>212</td> <td>325</td> <td>3036</td> <td>65.2</td> <td>9.34</td> <td>75</td> <td>26</td> <td>10</td> <td>13</td> <td>163.95</td></tr></tbody></table>
J'Marcus Russell:
<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left">YEAR</td><td> CMP</td> <td>ATT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>CMP%</td> <td>YPA</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>INT</td> <td>SACK</td> <td>RAT</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2006</td> <td>232</td> <td>342</td> <td>3129</td> <td>67.8</td> <td>9.15</td> <td>58</td> <td>28</td> <td>8</td> <td>16</td> <td>167.03</td></tr></tbody></table>
Mike Vick:
<table border="0" cellspacing="1" width="455"><tbody><tr><td align="center" bgcolor="#dc5300" height="18" width="40">Year</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#dc5300" height="18" width="17">G</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#dc5300" height="18" width="22">GS</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#dc5300" height="18" width="43">Comp.</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#dc5300" height="18" width="32">Att.</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#dc5300" height="18" width="39">Yards</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#dc5300" height="18" width="55">Comp %</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#dc5300" height="18" width="31">Long</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#dc5300" height="18" width="18">TD</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#dc5300" height="18" width="20">Int.</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#dc5300" height="18" width="66">QB Rating</td></tr></tbody></table><table border="0" cellspacing="1" width="455"><tbody><tr><td align="center" bgcolor="#c0c0c0" height="18" width="40">2000</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#c0c0c0" height="18" width="17">10</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#c0c0c0" height="18" width="22">9</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#c0c0c0" height="18" width="43">87</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#c0c0c0" height="18" width="32">161</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#c0c0c0" height="18" width="39">1,234</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#c0c0c0" height="18" width="55">54.0</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#c0c0c0" height="18" width="31">82</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#c0c0c0" height="18" width="18">8</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#c0c0c0" height="18" width="20">6</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#c0c0c0" height="18" width="66">127.364</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Fkin Oregon and their retina frying uniforms. Nike puts them together but good.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Could be just the opposite. Big game may entice someone to jump to #2.

Yep, possible. I said the same thing in a prior post.

If Nix and Co haven't seen enough by now, he isn't worth #3 anyway.

The guy is (like all college prospects) a work in progress, nowhere near a finished product. And this is his first full year in an FBS program, it's not like he's a 3 year starter with tons and tons of film on him. So Nix and Co. most certainly need to see more, the more the better.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 07:27 PM
You guys see the idiot dressed in blackface, as Newton?

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Game time!

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Here we goooooo

BidsJr
01-10-2011, 07:38 PM
HWG!

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 07:39 PM
I love Oregon's helmets

tampabay25690
01-10-2011, 07:42 PM

But the guy has looked pretty damn good all year does that mean anything?
Or we are judging his status on 1 game???

tampabay25690
01-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Let's get this going.

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 07:47 PM
BUST

JD
He was looking deep and fumbled.. lineman recovers luckily

JD
Nice throw but Adams with the butterfingers.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 07:48 PM
beautiful throw and ...drop

HopefulBillsFan
beautiful throw

Mahdi
Great throw should have been caught.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 07:49 PM
There's some rust being knocked off both these teams right now after the long lay off.

EricStratton
01-10-2011, 07:50 PM
The shoes of Oregon blinded him

X-Era
01-10-2011, 07:50 PM
beautiful throw and ...dropDid you notice how he looked off the receiver until right before the throw? He doesn't seem to need much time to target in and make an accurate throw.

tampabay25690
01-10-2011, 07:51 PM
The Oregon Cheerleaders are hot.........

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
That dude had to be an Oregon Duck..with the way he waddles on down the stream.

Ingtar33
01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
this game is going to be a barn burner.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 07:53 PM
pickerooni

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 07:57 PM
The Oregon Cheerleaders are hot.........

I would penetrate all of them. Sans the male cheerleaders.

Mad Max
pickerooni #2

JD
Interception. BUST!

Bangarang
LOL wow..

X-Era
01-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Bad throw.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 07:59 PM
These guys are all rusty and nervous.

tampabay25690
01-10-2011, 08:00 PM
The under is looking good so far

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 08:02 PM
The under is looking good so far

Try not to blink.

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Nobody can stop Fairley

Mad Max
pickerooni #3 caused by Fairley

tampabay25690
Nick Fairley is a beast

blln4lyf
01-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Nick Fairley is a beast
He wasn't even blocked.

tampabay25690
01-10-2011, 08:06 PM
He wasn't even blocked.

Saw it

Mad Max
good D

Scumbag College
I hate that the college football title game is played pretty much one whole month after each team played their lat game. I can't think of anywhere that this happens in any other sport. I don't think you can take a month off from any job and then pick it right up again first thing after starting up again.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 08:07 PM
I hate that the college football title game is played pretty much one whole month after each team played their lat game. I can't think of anywhere that this happens in any other sport. I don't think you can take a month off from any job and then pick it right up again first thing after starting up again.

It's much too long.

Nothing a Playoff system wouldn't cure though.:D:

But I digress.

tampabay25690
01-10-2011, 08:08 PM
I agree but It is what it is.........

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 08:08 PM
He wasn't even blocked.

nah hes just so good he makes blockers run in fear

Mike13
01-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Defensive game so far.

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Defensive game so far.

Good thing I took the under.

PcA125
01-10-2011, 08:15 PM
who would have thought that there would be no score after the first quarter?

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Good thing I took the under.

74?

Ya that's looking good. I think the second half over will probably end up cashing also.

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Nick Fairley is a beast

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 08:17 PM
who dat who did dat.?

blln4lyf
01-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Nick Fairley is a beast
Once again wasn't touched. From what I've seen so far, when blocked hes been struggling to get off of blocks.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Once again wasn't touched. From what I've seen so far, when blocked hes been struggling to get off of blocks.

I'm pretty sure he's being doubled.

Ed
01-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Why wouldn't they block Fairley? That's just dumb.

blln4lyf
01-10-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm pretty sure he's being doubled.
He is at times, but that doesn't mean he isn't struggling.

X-Era
01-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Nice job reading to the middle receiver and drilled it on the money.

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Wow..impressive play by Cam

X-Era
Thats athletic to be able to fall down and still get a reception.

Ed
What's with this field surface? I'm seeing a lot of guys slipping all over the place.

X-Era
01-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Newton needs to settle down a bit. He's forcing things.

Mad Max
He is at times, but that doesn't mean he isn't struggling.

Oregon's pace was gassing the Auburn DL, causing them all to struggle a bit. But if you're getting doubled, even if you don't penetrate you're doing your job, someone else is free because of you.

tampabay25690
What's with this field surface? I'm seeing a lot of guys slipping all over the place.

I noticed that.
I think both teams will have to change there cleats...

Ed
01-10-2011, 08:27 PM
I noticed that.
I think both teams will have to change there cleats...
Yeah it looks like they might need to, but that's so lame. This is a championship game and they put down brand new grass for it.

tampabay25690
01-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Yeah it looks like they might need to, but that's so lame. This is a championship game and they put down brand new grass for it.
Don't blame the grass...They had 30 some days to figure it out...

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 08:29 PM

And it's in an indoor stadium in Arizona with a field that rolls outside of the stadium to soak up the rays, and they've had weeks. Ultra lame.

T-Long
01-10-2011, 08:30 PM
sweet throw...Cam is looking good in my opinion.

Tick...tick....tick...

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 08:31 PM
to bad he didnt score what a pass

psubills62
1. Can't believe they didn't overturn that call and give Oregon the INT.

2. Just so you guys know, Fairley wasn't supposed to be blocked on that play. He's the defensive player Thomas was supposed to read, and Thomas made the wrong read. That's a play any defensive guy would make when the QB makes the wrong read. You usually see it with DE's being unblocked, though.

Mad Max
DB fugged up...went for the pick.

tampabay25690
01-10-2011, 08:32 PM
to bad he didnt score what a pass
Yea nice pass

T-Long
01-10-2011, 08:34 PM
what do you mean he didn't score?

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 08:35 PM

the reference was to the Oregon deep pass

tampabay25690
01-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Im trying to figue out how Im going to stay up for the whole game.....
Stupid meeting at 7 am in Sarasota

T-Long
01-10-2011, 08:37 PM
TWO???? Wow.

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 08:39 PM

cam's pass was to a wide open WR i wasn't impressed

BidsJr
01-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Guys throws are out fast and crisp.

X-Era
01-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Audibles for a decent gain.

X-Era
01-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Nice throw of the back foot.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 08:42 PM
This play calling is ho hum.

T-Long
01-10-2011, 08:42 PM
How can you not be impressed by Newton? The guy has a gun, his accuracy looks spot on, and can make plays with his feet?

I'm about to fully jump on this bandwagon...I've had one foot on and one foot off...but I keep picturing him in the red white and blue and I like it.

BidsJr
01-10-2011, 08:45 PM
How can you not be impressed by Newton? The guy has a gun, his accuracy looks spot on, and can make plays with his feet?

I'm about to fully jump on this bandwagon...I've had one foot one and one foot off...but I keep picturing him in the red white and blue and I like it.

My thoughts exactly.

Ingtar33
01-10-2011, 08:45 PM
not impressed with newton thus far; throwing to 1st options who are wide open isn't impressive.

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 08:46 PM

I'm about to fully jump on this bandwagon...I've had one foot one and one foot off...but I keep picturing him in the red white and blue and I like it.

wasnt impressed with his TD pass dude was wide open

other then that hes been solid except for the fitz like INT

BidsJr
01-10-2011, 08:47 PM
not impressed with newton thus far; throwing to 1st options who are wide open isn't impressive.

So you want him to check off from a wide open receiver to something else?

LOL

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 08:48 PM
dam everyone knows its coming..and it still can't be stopped.

T-Long
and now he runs over linebackers on (2) 3rd and short conversions. Yes, he will fit in quite nicely.

Mad Max
hideous play calling

mikemac2001

LOL

my issues is all he has thrown is short swing passes and that open TD

the one passed i liked was 3rd and 3 this drive around the 50 hit TE in coverage

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2011, 08:49 PM
wasnt impressed with his TD pass dude was wide open

other then that hes been solid except for the fitz like INT

Id be more ticked if he didn't pass to a wide open WR.

Billsouth

LOL
I am laughing with you. He is quick with his reads and release

Mad Max
Clay's little brother looking good.

Ingtar33
01-10-2011, 08:50 PM

LOL

my point is ANYONE can make those throws. when your only option is someone who hasn't uncovered yet, and you've got a passrush in your face, and you make the throw anticipating a small window...

that is impressive.

that is what separates rob johnson from steve young.

btw: nice underthrow on the wide open option in the endzone.

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Id be more ticked if he didn't pass to a wide open WR.

didnt say ticked.......i said impressed it was the play the setup and his first Read.....all i said wasnt impressed

look he short arms an open TD everyone is praising this guy as the next SB champ

he has a lot to grow but has tons of talent...just hasnt shown much this first half. and idc if he runs over some small college lb's i don't see that working day after day in NFL

TrEd FTW
01-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Newton looks awful.

psubills62
01-10-2011, 08:52 PM
How is Newton impressive to anyone today? He looks about as bad as he has all season unless he has a wide open receiver.

Ingtar33
note: there are only 3 starters on the Ducks defense bigger then Newton.

none of their LBers are.

that won't happen in the pros.

Crisis
i called him vince young earlier....i think vince young might actually be better

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2011, 08:55 PM
How is Newton impressive to anyone today? He looks about as bad as he has all season unless he has a wide open receiver.

I haven't been impressed yet, but still cant say I'm unimpressed because he threw a TD to an open WR.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 08:59 PM
uh oh he's starting to suck more..he threw another TD to an open WR

mikemac2001
that was a solid pass...the D guy should have hit him but was to tiny

BidsJr
Bad decision by Newton. Throwing to a wide open reciever.

At least he didn't miss him like we have had happen for the last 10 years.

X-Era
Nice play change by Newton, shakes off the sack, and sends it to the open guy for a TD.

Ed
uh oh Cam threw to another open WR. He blows!

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 09:00 PM
uh oh he's starting to suck more..he threw another TD to an open WR

he threw it flat footed while shaking off a tackle.....that was 100 times better then dropping back o fake handoff no one near me throw a 10 yard pass and wr runs for td

god u guys are so ****ing blind.

Ingtar33
first play i liked. that was his 2nd option, so he checked off his primary and found the open man.

as to the rest of you smartasses...

throwing to and completing passes to open WR who are your first option isn't impressive (especially when your pre-snap reads are made by your OC). it's a QBs ***** job. it's not impressive when a QB does what he is supposed to.

X-Era
uh oh Cam threw to another open WR. He blows!He actually read the defense and changed the play to find that receiver.

Mad Max
Pace starting to pick up.

Ed
01-10-2011, 09:01 PM
first play i liked. that was his 2nd option, so he checked off his primary and found the open man.
See even Ingtar is coming around. Newton fever has begun!

X-Era
01-10-2011, 09:02 PM
He hasn't been stellar by any means. But he's done some nice quarterbacking at times, showing he isn't just an athlete.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2011, 09:02 PM
that was a solid pass...the D guy should have hit him but was to tiny

He reminds me a bit of Culpepper, he was bigger then most LB's as well.

BidsJr
01-10-2011, 09:03 PM

as to the rest of you smartasses...

throwing to and completing passes to open WR who are your first option isn't impressive. it's a QBs ***** job. it's not impressive when a QB does what he is supposed to.

We haven't had a QB able to do that for a long time. So excuse me for being impressed by the little things.

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 09:04 PM
He hasn't been stellar by any means. But he's done some nice quarterbacking at times, showing he isn't just an athlete.

thats what i am saying but some people think he ****s gold......come on don't be such a homer because you want to draft him.

im watching hoping he plays good and wins me over

X-Era
He reminds me a bit of Culpepper, he was bigger then most LB's as well.To me he's more of a quarterback than Dante who was more of an athlete.

tomz
He reminds me a bit of Culpepper, he was bigger then most LB's as well.

Does he have tiny hands?

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 09:07 PM
thats what i am saying but some people think he ****s gold......come on don't be such a homer because you want to draft him.

Not all of us are jocking the guy, he has by no means been great...I just think it's dumb to criticize a guy for throwing touch downs.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2011, 09:08 PM
To me he's more of a quarterback than Dante who was more of an athlete.

Im talking about size, as he isnt the easiest to bring down. Id take Newton over Culpepper any day of the week.

T-Long

I am not a homer because I want the Bills to draft him. I have said over and over again that Newton could be the pick at 3. I have played collegiate football and have worked in sports practically my whole life. I study players just like DB and X-Era do, and I personally (yes, my opinion which I am entitled to) think Newton is going to be a helluva QB in the NFL and I think our team should draft him if he is there.

Ed
Come on play action!

Ingtar33
To me he's more of a quarterback than Dante who was more of an athlete.

I don't know.. i seem to remember Culpepper being a bit more of an actual QB in college... he at least made his own reads at the line (something Newton doesn't do)

X-Era
01-10-2011, 09:10 PM
It's just opinions. It's not like any of us will be in the Bills war room deciding with them who to pick.

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 09:10 PM
ya u guys r being homers....all i said was dude didn't do anything on the first TD idc what you say he faked a handoff dude was open he throws a ten yard pass to a wide open WR

he didn't read anything.

his 2nd TD was solid

and i wouldnt be pissed if we drafted him just want him to show more from the QB stand point, not throwing swing passes every play

Billsouth
01-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Big difference is cam plays in the SEC which is clearly the best football conference and Dante played at central Florida.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 09:11 PM
dam..see that was what entices people..that thrwo right there..

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 09:12 PM
dam..see that was what entices people..that thrwo right there..

i liked it stepped up and threw a solid pass....much better then that bs swing ****....that **** won't fly 20 times a game

Ingtar33
01-10-2011, 09:13 PM
that last pass is Newton's bread and butter. he throws that rout more then any other; its the same rout combo he threw the 2nd TD on.

it's about the only downfield rout he looks remotely comfortable with and 9 times out of 10 he'll throw it to the inside guy like he did on that play. (the TD he had to check off the inside guy)

watch... he'll hit that play 6 to 7 more times today... (he's already tried to throw it 5 times)

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 09:15 PM
i liked it stepped up and threw a solid pass....much better then that bs swing ****....that **** won't fly 20 times a game

Ya I complained about the play calling earlier in the thread, it's pretty..dare I say it..Vanilla.

What worries me a bit is that they may be dumbing down the offense for Cam.

X-Era
01-10-2011, 09:15 PM
that last pass is Newton's bread and butter. he throws that rout more then any other; its the same rout combo he threw the 2nd TD on.

it's about the only downfield rout he looks remotely comfortable with and 9 times out of 10 he'll throw it to the inside guy like he did on that play. (the TD he had to check off the inside guy)I'm surprised at how much pressure Oregon is getting on him too. I give him credit for having so many positive throws under pressure. He can get things done on the run.

It really looked to me like he's settling down as the game goes on.

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Ingtar, without making me go back and read 8 pages of this thread, are you yay or nay on Newton?

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2011, 09:18 PM
ya u guys r being homers....all i said was dude didn't do anything on the first TD idc what you say he faked a handoff dude was open he throws a ten yard pass to a wide open WR

he didn't read anything.

his 2nd TD was solid

and i wouldnt be pissed if we drafted him just want him to show more from the QB stand point, not throwing swing passes every play

I want to see more as well, im not overly impressed at all. Just not holding it against the guy because he threw a TD pass to a wide open WR.

Ingtar33
01-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Ingtar, without making me go back and read 8 pages of this thread, are you yay or nay on Newton?

at 3? big fat NO... he needs 2 more years in college before i'd consider him that high.

he's not advanced at all at reading defenses... and his footwork is a nightmare. in the pros he'll be eaten alive as he is now. If you have the ability to sit him for a year or two, AND you're certain he wants to succeed in the pros and doesn't just want the big payday... then he might be worth the shot at the top of the 2nd.

Cam Newton, isn't a top 25 pick not this year anyway. and if a team takes him in the top 25, they might as well toss that draft pick out the window... or be really bad at qb and have no other options for QB that you think is worth your pick (Az?)

justasportsfan
01-10-2011, 09:21 PM
i'm more impressed with Mallets arm

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2011, 09:22 PM
at 3? big fat NO... he needs 2 more years in college before i'd consider him that high.

he's not advanced at all at reading defenses... and his footwork is a nightmare. in the pros he'll be eaten alive as he is now. If you have the ability to sit him for a year or two, AND you're certain he wants to succeed in the pros and doesn't just want the big payday... then he might be worth the shot at the top of the 2nd.

Cam Newton, isn't a top 25 pick not this year anyway. and if a team takes him in the top 25, they might as well toss that draft pick out the window... or be really bad at qb and have no other option you think is worth your pick (Az?)

The big payday worries me with the whole 120K story.

Ingtar33
01-10-2011, 09:25 PM
btw: the Newton love this year reminds me of the Locker love last year. to me, Locker is probably a better QB now then Newton is... and i don't like Locker at all

psubills62
01-10-2011, 09:28 PM

Cam Newton, isn't a top 25 pick not this year anyway. and if a team takes him in the top 25, they might as well toss that draft pick out the window... or be really bad at qb and have no other options for QB that you think is worth your pick (Az?)

Some of my exact thoughts. He can run well in certain situations (usually when he has a head of steam going forward), but he's still looked slow to me all season. Guys just have difficulty tackling him. I don't see his running being much of a factor at all in the pros. I just don't see him doing well at all in the NFL.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 09:28 PM
btw: the Newton love this year reminds me of the Locker love last year. to me, Locker is probably a better QB now then Newton is... and i don't like Locker at all

Out of curiosity, what's your opinion of Gabbert?

BuffaloBlitz83
01-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Mallet has the best NFL ready arm to handle the NFL speed and defenses

Ingtar33
01-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Out of curiosity, what's your opinion of Gabbert?

split... i need to see more of him before i have one... but i've never been impressed. about the only thing he has going for him is he's played a lot... and won a lot. those are two things i tend to value highly in a QB for the move into the pros.

i don't know... i see him as more of a chad pennington in the NFL... hopefully he's more durable. really he might not be all that bad at the next level. i just don't like the ball he throws.

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 09:31 PM
half time special was weak

even tho the best pass i had seen was from kelly.

BidsJr
01-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Mallet has the best NFL ready arm to handle the NFL speed and defenses

And the worst feet....

I just hope they all are available to Buddy and Chan @ #3. If they pass then great, they didn't think they were top line prospects.

BidsJr
01-10-2011, 09:33 PM
split... i need to see more of him before i have one... but i've never been impressed. about the only thing he has going for him is he's played a lot... and won a lot. those are two things i tend to value highly in a QB for the move into the pros.

i don't know... i see him as more of a chad pennington in the NFL... hopefully he's more durable. really he might not be all that bad at the next level. i just don't like the ball he throws.

You are comparing Gabberts arm to Penningtons?

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 09:34 PM
the only i could see worth taking at 3 is newton and i don't think he is worth a 3 but he is the only one with the top 5 talent....id rather go D or trade down. we shall see months away

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 09:34 PM

Pennington may be a spot on comparison (although Gabby has to have a bigger arm by default).

That may be a reason people are sort of pinning hopes on Newton, due to lack of star quality alternatives.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-10-2011, 09:35 PM
I dunno Newton's footwork looks dreadful

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 09:37 PM
I still think drafting Locker in the 2nd round would be our best bet if we were going to draft a QB this upcoming draft.

X-Era
01-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Pennington may be a spot on comparison (although Gabby has to have a bigger arm by default).

That may be a reason people are sort of pinning hopes on Newton, due to lack of star quality alternatives.Gabberts arm rivals Malletts... it's way better than Pennington's

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2011, 09:39 PM
half time special was weak

even tho the best pass i had seen was from kelly.

The troops reuniting with their Families was nice.

X-Era
01-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Nice throw

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 09:41 PM
pinpoint

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 09:49 PM
fairley dirty...I like that..the best linemen are dirty scoundrels

Ed
Fairley showing his true colors. Way to be a douche.

Ed
fairley dirty...I like that..the best linemen are dirty scoundrels
You like 15 yard penalties?

X-Era
01-10-2011, 09:50 PM
I'd feel a lot better about Fairley if he was actually blocked on his big plays.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 09:51 PM

I like attitude...a penalty on occasion, when the player gets caught, oh well.

I like mean spirited, DL. Warren Sapp, Wilfork, Siragusa...dirty.

Don't Panic
01-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah... when you have the rep of a dirty player and then you do that with the world watching? Pass on Fairley.

BidsJr
01-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Fairley is a beast. Would rather try and tame a Stallion than put spurs to a Mule.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2011, 09:53 PM

NO, but I like pressure he brings. I think once he gets to the pro's that he wont be doing that. Im sure he will be told that those type of things cost money in the pro's.

Bangarang
01-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Yeah... when you have the rep of a dirty player and then you do that with the world watching? Pass on Fairley.

Completely stupid what he did there. Been doing it all season too.

psubills62
01-10-2011, 10:03 PM
A mean streak is one thing. Doing stupid things right in front of the officials for all the world to see is another. Late hits on the QB will not fly in the NFL, especially if Buffalo drafts him and he plays Tom Brady.

X-Era
01-10-2011, 10:04 PM
A mean streak is one thing. Doing stupid things right in front of the officials for all the world to see is another. Late hits on the QB will not fly in the NFL, especially if Buffalo drafts him and he plays Tom Brady.The NFL would issue it's first on the field restraining order to protect Marcia Brady.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 10:04 PM
kelly..riverboat gambler

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2011, 10:06 PM
A mean streak is one thing. Doing stupid things right in front of the officials for all the world to see is another. Late hits on the QB will not fly in the NFL, especially if Buffalo drafts him and he plays Tom Brady.

Agreed, any team that takes him will/should be talking to him about this. Wouldnt be suprised after he gets drafted if the Commish has a talk with him.

Nighthawk
01-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Wow...Fairley has looked like a beast.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2011, 10:07 PM
kelly..riverboat gambler

He is lucky that Auburn guy slipped.

trapezeus
01-10-2011, 10:08 PM
fairley is the mvp of this game in my eyes...if auburn wins. but his performance definitely makes him a top 5 pick. he's a force

YardRat
01-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Fairley is worth a #3 pick. Newton is not.

Nighthawk
01-10-2011, 10:10 PM

Ehh...I don't agree. Plus, Fairley won't be there...IMO.

Ingtar33
01-10-2011, 10:10 PM

yep

psubills62
01-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Oregon's playcalling has been horrible. Run the exact same play on 4th as you did on 3rd? Your zone read hasn't worked in any way all game long, but that's what you use on a key 4th down? Dumb.

This is exactly why TCU deserved a shot. Neither team looks that great tonight, especially Oregon.

YardRat
01-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Unless these guys light up the fourth quarter, I feel bad for anybody that bet the 'over'.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 10:19 PM
there's going to be a lawsuit over this shoddy field

Ed
01-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Oregon's playcalling has been horrible. Run the exact same play on 4th as you did on 3rd? Your zone read hasn't worked in any way all game long, but that's what you use on a key 4th down? Dumb.

This is exactly why TCU deserved a shot. Neither team looks that great tonight, especially Oregon.
I agree that neither team looks that good tonight and I think it's because they have too much time off. I was expecting an epic offensive battle, but this game is getting close to being as disappointing as last year.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Gabbert does not have an arm as strong as Ryan Mallet's. I'm sorry.

X-Era
01-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Gabbert does not have an arm as strong as Ryan Mallet's. I'm sorry.I agree, but it's close. Put it this way, he has the 2nd strongest arm in this draft, IMO.

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Mean mofo

psubills62
01-10-2011, 10:28 PM
I agree that neither team looks that good tonight and I think it's because they have too much time off. I was expecting an epic offensive battle, but this game is getting close to being as disappointing as last year.

I've been saying it many times, defenses benefit the most from the layoff. That's one reason TCU would have beaten both of these teams tonight.

Crisis
01-10-2011, 10:29 PM
how was that not offensive PI?

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm starting to think Carolina will take Fairley with the No.1. The guy has played great besides losing it on the one play.

baalworship
01-10-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm starting to think Carolina will take Fairley with the No.1. The guy has played great besides losing it on the one play.

Hopefully they take Bowers.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-10-2011, 10:33 PM
I agree, but it's close. Put it this way, he has the 2nd strongest arm in this draft, IMO.

Locker has a stronger arm than Gabbert too IMO

psubills62
I'd love to see Carolina take Fairley. Drops the other good players down to us.

BuffaloBlitz83
this guy Fairley is Awesome! He is unstoppable

Crisis
01-10-2011, 10:36 PM
was the playclock not at 0 before they got that first?

Crisis
01-10-2011, 10:38 PM
whoever prepared this field must've bet on the under

Crisis
01-10-2011, 10:40 PM
cam's footwork is so terrible

X-Era
01-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Locker has a stronger arm than Gabbert too IMOI don't agree.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-10-2011, 10:48 PM
This is funny Suh vs Gabbert
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/naqxF7TlQWc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/naqxF7TlQWc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Crisis
01-10-2011, 10:49 PM
best team in the country won the rose bowl

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 10:51 PM
I'd take a flyer on Matthews just out of pedigree (in the third)

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 10:52 PM
re·lent·less (r -l nt l s). adj. 1.see Nick Fairley

wmoz11
01-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Horrible timeout. Almost rather take the penalty there.

Ingtar33
01-10-2011, 10:59 PM
nice turnover cam.. way to let the ducks into it!

Crisis
01-10-2011, 10:59 PM
be hilarious if the over ends up winning because of a bunch of OTs

BuffaloBlitz83
01-10-2011, 11:00 PM
I got a feeling Newton leads them to win. He has closed out games well

Crisis
01-10-2011, 11:02 PM
crazy

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2011, 11:03 PM
I got a feeling Newton leads them to win. He has closed out games well

Read somewhere that Newton has 31 scoring drives within 2 minutes.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Read somewhere that Newton has 31 scoring drives within 2 minutes.

That's impressive. And there it is a game closing td drive

Mad Max
This RB has been doing some work this game.

Crisis
auburn's going to win because of dyer and not cam

psubills62
01-10-2011, 11:08 PM

And because of Oregon's lack of defense.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Newton QB sneak

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2011, 11:09 PM

Agreed! Dryer has been the key to this drive.

Crisis
01-10-2011, 11:09 PM
awesome officiating tonight for the most part btw

just thought id throw that in there with the big 10 officiating crews in bowl games lately

Ingtar33
01-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Dryer and Fairley are the champs tonight; they've been the difference makers.

psubills62
01-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Congrats to TCU for being the best team in the country.

Crisis
01-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Dryer and Fairley are the champs tonight; they've been the difference makers.

cam newton (and his footwork) is the only reason this game is close actually

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 11:12 PM
My kingdom for an exciting National Championship game. This one was a snoozer.

Crisis
01-10-2011, 11:15 PM
newton sure looked great handing the ball off on that drive

psubills62
01-10-2011, 11:16 PM
My kingdom for an exciting National Championship game. This one was a snoozer.

I really dislike watching teams that never go under center. It's flashy, but I still find it boring as all get out.

kingJofNYC
01-10-2011, 11:17 PM
If Newton played well this game would have been no contest. Missed Adams deep, the throw to the fullback. Not a very good game.

Fairley's going 1st overall, especially with Rivera as HC.

TrEd FTW
01-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Newton was blah. Not impressed.

ServoBillieves
01-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Congrats to Frito Lays and Dr. Pepper. It's my honor to present the coaches trophy, presented by Dr. Pepper, do the Auburn Tigers.

Stay thirsty my media friends.

imbondz
01-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Overall a disappointing final. Great last two minutes tho. Auburn is best team in country. Cam didn't play well but they found a way to win.

mikemac2001
01-10-2011, 11:54 PM
awesome officiating tonight for the most part btw

just thought id throw that in there with the big 10 officiating crews in bowl games lately

wrist was down just like DJ williams in Arkansas game

just saying folks

http://30fps.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/2011-January-11-0-2-50.jpeg

Figster
01-11-2011, 12:29 AM
wrist was down just like DJ williams in Arkansas game

just saying folks

http://30fps.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/2011-January-11-0-2-50.jpeg

Looks like the palm to me, do you see his wrist band on the ground?

mikemac2001
01-11-2011, 08:28 AM
I have other photos this one was one online and ya and the. Wrist is down there
Might not be by alot but down

Figster
01-11-2011, 10:13 AM
I have other photos this one was one online and ya and the. Wrist is down there
Might not be by alot but down

You do realize for someones palm to be on the ground it will put his wrist in close proximity to the ground right? The pic you posted clearly shows his wrist is not on the ground and in the Arkansas game the players wrist was clearly on the ground.

Just shows how some folks can look at something and see it differently then someone else. I see open space and a shadow below his wrist band.

mikemac2001
01-11-2011, 10:22 AM
You do realize for someones palm to be on the ground it will put his wrist in close proximity to the ground right? The pic you posted clearly shows his wrist is not on the ground and in the Arkansas game the players wrist was clearly on the ground.

Just shows how some folks can look at something and see it differently then someone else. I see open space and a shadow below his wrist band.

o i didn't know a wrist band was actually his wrist,

i also watched this and slowed it down on dvr in slow mo there were 2 instances that it was down.......i just found a photo of it so posted it.

i have 2 on my phone showing it down and yes he was down and i aint no ducks fan.

Figster
01-11-2011, 10:29 AM
o i didn't know a wrist band was actually his wrist,

i also watched this and slowed it down on dvr in slow mo there were 2 instances that it was down.......i just found a photo of it so posted it.

i have 2 on my phone showing it down and yes he was down and i aint no ducks fan.

Different angles can make something appear differently and the pic you posted is probably one of the best pics/angles you will find. There's no way someone can put their hand/palm down on the turf without their wrist coming close to the ground.

When reviewed upstairs every possible angle available would have been viewed and scrutinized, apparently the review booth disagrees with you.

mikemac2001
01-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Different angles can make something appear differently and the pic you posted is probably one of the best pics/angles you will find.

When reviewed upstairs every possible angle available would have been viewed and scrutinized, apparently the review booth disagrees with you.

Ok i don't care what the booth says and i watched all the replay angles.......

booth reviewed big ben didn't fumble causing the dolphins to lose

the booth reviewed calvin johnson fumbled.....

the booth rewiew is a joke because they hate to overturn there own calls.

and yes i replayed it over and over saw the different angles and his wrist was down......it starts at the bottom of your hand which is touching its not where his ****ing wrist band is, don't look at the white.

Figster
01-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Ok i don't care what the booth says and i watched all the replay angles.......

booth reviewed big ben didn't fumble causing the dolphins to lose

the booth reviewed calvin johnson fumbled.....

the booth rewiew is a joke because they hate to overturn there own calls.

and yes i replayed it over and over saw the different angles and his wrist was down......it starts at the bottom of your hand which is touching its not where his ****ing wrist band is, don't look at the white.

Try putting your palm down on the ground without having your wrist come close to the ground, its virtually impossible.

mikemac2001
01-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Try putting your palm down on the ground without having your wrist come close to the ground, its virtually impossible.

but if your wrist touches he is down right?

all i was saying

plus internet agruments are lame so lets end it there.

plus announcers ignored the fact ankle or elbow or wrist

it was just annoying all around

Figster
01-11-2011, 10:57 AM
but if your wrist touches he is down right?

all i was saying

plus internet agruments are lame so lets end it there.

plus announcers ignored the fact ankle or elbow or wrist

it was just annoying all around

Yes, of course, I'm not disagreeing with you there and with all due respect we just see this particular play differently.

The announcers did ignore the fact that the arm/wrist/elbow is just as important as a knee or other parts of the body.