PDA

View Full Version : nick fairley scouting thread

NOT THE DUDE...
01-10-2011, 08:29 PM

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 08:52 PM
ok now you're being extra stupid. You do not see the game thread right above this one?

SpillerThrills
01-10-2011, 08:58 PM
ok now you're being extra stupid. You do not see the game thread right above this one?

while I do agree that there is another thread that this should all be in.... the other thread does say Cam Newton scouting thread....

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 09:02 PM
while I do agree that there is another thread that this should all be in.... the other thread does say Cam Newton scouting thread....

it also says National Championship game...it's not much of a stretch to think we're going to be talking about Fairely in it..which we have been, are.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Why do you care? Ignore it if you're not interested. I don't get the constant whining over nothing

G Wolly
01-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Why do you care? Ignore it if you're not interested. I don't get the constant whining over nothing

Wait for poll

Mad Max
01-10-2011, 09:31 PM

I'd spell out the irony for you, but you may not get it.

I usually ignore John from Michigan, and do NOT whine about his incessant nonsense...feel free to double check. This was sort of a wtf extra stupid thread so I felt the need to respond.

FlyingDutchman
01-10-2011, 10:02 PM
watching this game this kid just became my number 1 desire for us...I dont like the QB options available and this kid has been creating problems all night for Oregon. He forced an interception early, has blown up multiple plays in the backfield and has at least 1 sack...this kid is a freak, I want him

IAG
01-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Switch to a 4-3. Put Fairly next to Kyle. That is a start in stopping the run.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2011, 10:09 PM
watching this game this kid just became my number 1 desire for us...I dont like the QB options available and this kid has been creating problems all night for Oregon. He forced an interception early, has blown up multiple plays in the backfield and has at least 1 sack...this kid is a freak, I want him

My Newton watch turned into a Fairley watch.

Oaf
01-10-2011, 10:10 PM
+1. This is the guy that just stopped the #1 ranked team from scoring twice when they should have. I'm pretty much sold on him as a prospect. But will he fit? Can he be effective as a DE alongside Williams, or is he a pretty similar type to him?

ServoBillieves
01-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Dude's an absolute beast... but there is still something about him I don't like. His mean streak still bothers me? I mean, he's been a factor in about 80% of the plays so far, but I still feel like he has that "will only play in the big game" mentality.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-10-2011, 10:57 PM
I love the mean streak

HAMMER
01-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Dude's an absolute beast... but there is still something about him I don't like. His mean streak still bothers me? I mean, he's been a factor in about 80% of the plays so far, but I still feel like he has that "will only play in the big game" mentality.
You are kidding right? Clueless.

kingJofNYC
01-10-2011, 11:29 PM
He's going first overall after this performance, dude flat out beasted. Was blowing up the midline option all by himself. Pretty sick performance.

clumping platelets
01-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Yes please...........we need some nasty defensive stud on this team :nod:

clumping platelets
01-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Then get Matthews from Orgeon at LB

I would be :cp:

Philagape
01-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Sold.

Ebenezer
01-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Then get Matthews from Orgeon at LB

I would be :cp:
not in the second...too high.

Extremebillsfan247
01-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Switch to a 4-3. Put Fairly next to Kyle. That is a start in stopping the run.That's what I was thinking after watching this game. lol

Extremebillsfan247
01-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Dude's an absolute beast... but there is still something about him I don't like. His mean streak still bothers me? I mean, he's been a factor in about 80% of the plays so far, but I still feel like he has that "will only play in the big game" mentality.On a defense lacking in mean and nasty, he would be a much welcomed addition. Put him in next to Kyle Williams and your talking about an entirely different dynamic to this defense we haven't seen since the days of Pat Williams and Sam Adams. You remember them 2, it was the last time we had a run defense worth bragging about. JMO

Demon
01-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Might as well lock this thread, Fairly is going first overall. The man is a beast.

jamze132
01-10-2011, 11:58 PM
Dude killed it tonight! He was just dominating!

clumping platelets
01-11-2011, 12:03 AM
not in the second...too high.

If he's half his brother, 2nd rd is a steal

Figster
01-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Nick Fairley is a beast,

As much as I want Cam Newton,(1st choice) I really like fairley and would not be disappointed If the Bills draft him.

patmoran2006
01-11-2011, 12:52 AM
I am behind the times, but I think I just figured something out.

Does John Lappelle =Mitchell 55?

Crisis
01-11-2011, 12:56 AM
nope. mitchell55 is nextbillsqb

probably banned by now or something

ServoBillieves
01-11-2011, 01:22 AM
On a defense lacking in mean and nasty, he would be a much welcomed addition. Put him in next to Kyle Williams and your talking about an entirely different dynamic to this defense we haven't seen since the days of Pat Williams and Sam Adams. You remember them 2, it was the last time we had a run defense worth bragging about. JMO

So is the future Bills defense a 3-4 or a 4-3?

If Fairley is put in, who plays the DE's next to KW and Fairley? Does Fairley play one of the DE spots in the 3-4? Edwards does well, so does Fairley fill in for Stroud? If not, where does Fairley fill in?

Do we draft a backup/role player with out first overall draft pick? If this team can provide answers aside from "let's draft a pass rusher (Maybin, worthless)" then let's go for it.

Fairley is a beast, but where does he fit on this defense.

Night Train
01-11-2011, 03:19 AM
I mean, he's been a factor in about 80% of the plays so far, but
:rofl:

Ickybaluky
01-11-2011, 04:54 AM
Fairley was terrific. The guy that comes to mind when I watch him is Albert Haynesworth.

X-Era
01-11-2011, 06:08 AM
If Fairley goes #1 or #2, we have a great shot at Bowers at 3. I'd prefer Bowers actually.

alohabillsfan
01-11-2011, 06:19 AM
Just imagine Tom Brady's oh **** face, when this is announced, with the 3rd pick of the 2011 nfl draft the Buffalo Bills select Nick Fairley, DT Auburn.

billsfanryan
01-11-2011, 06:22 AM
If Fairley goes #1 or #2, we have a great shot at Bowers at 3. I'd prefer Bowers actually.

I was hoping that cam newton lite it up last night and that a rookie salary cap was in place that way he would go #1 and that Nix and gailey wouldn't have the temptation to go for Cam.

I also really like fairley. I have watched all (i think) of Auburns nationally televised games this year and he has just been a force. It would be so nice to have someone like that next to kyle williams. However, now that Ron Rivera is in at Carolina I do agree that Fairley is gone before we pick.

alohabillsfan
01-11-2011, 06:27 AM
I was hoping that cam newton lite it up last night and that a rookie salary cap was in place that way he would go #1 and that Nix and gailey wouldn't have the temptation to go for Cam.

I also really like fairley. I have watched all (i think) of Auburns nationally televised games this year and he has just been a force. It would be so nice to have someone like that next to kyle williams. However, now that Ron Rivera is in at Carolina I do agree that Fairley is gone before we pick.

I believe Rivera is more of a 3-4 guy which will put Bowers in thier sights, also hometown kid.

Mahdi
01-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Fairley would do great in any scheme. He's tough against the run and an incredible pass rusher.

He can be a 3-4 DE and a 4-3 DT just the same. Since we are playing hybrid then he works great.

I previously did not have Fairley in the pool of players I would take at #3 (Peterson, Newton, Green, Bowers) but I don't think that Fairley is a stretch at our pick.

tampabay25690
01-11-2011, 07:45 AM

REALLY???
Im starting to think Bowers may be the bust DL guy in the draft....
I see Warren Sapp written all over Fairley....Nasty and can play....

tampabay25690
01-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Just imagine Tom Brady's oh **** face, when this is announced, with the 3rd pick of the 2011 nfl draft the Buffalo Bills select Nick Fairley, DT Auburn.

Tom wouldnt even know who the Bills picked.
I don't think he would even care...

BuffaloBlitz83
01-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Bowers isn't big enough to play DE in a 3-4. Is he going to be good at OLB? Fairley is still big enough to play DE in a 3-4

k-oneputt
01-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Fairley, Dareus, Bowers were getting one of them.

Qb's, Gabbert or Mallett. both of these guys are way ahead of Newton for being NFL ready. As already mentioned I want no part of Newton.

tampabay25690
01-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Fairley, Dareus, Bowers were getting one of them.

Qb's, Gabbert or Mallett. both of these guys are way ahead of Newton for being NFL ready. As already mentioned I want no part of Newton.

I don't think 1 QB is drafted till after #10 in the draft.
1 guy is going to fall IMO.....

I think this may be the 1st year we DO NOT have a QB that is ready to start in the NFL from day 1......

better days
01-11-2011, 08:28 AM
I don't think 1 QB is drafted till after #10 in the draft.
1 guy is going to fall IMO.....

I think this may be the 1st year we DO NOT have a QB that is ready to start in the NFL from day 1......

Yeah, how ironic, this in a year we were all told would be a great year for QB's.

warsawbassman
01-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Fairley was terrific. The guy that comes to mind when I watch him is Albert Haynesworth.

Yeah.................thats the problem with him. He's got a ton of talent,but something about that kid tell's me once he "gets paid" things will change...........hopefully I'm wrong. I don't think we'll have to worry about though, he'll be gone before we pick.

I'd like the Matthews kid in the 2nd round.

Beebe's Kid
01-11-2011, 08:44 AM
If he's half his brother, 2nd rd is a steal

None of that matters!! It is all about what Kiper, and the rest of the pundits say.

You can't take a guy is the second that will help your team, if others say he should go in the third or fourth...you try to wait until the fifth, then you lose him when somebody takes him in the third, then piss and moan about it.

What is so hard about this draft stuff??

I say you ****ing draft the kid, he is obviously a player, and I think that's what we are looking for. If you are looking to get better, you take players that help you get better. If you want to jerk off to a draft guide...you worry about where somebody is "slotted."

Mahdi
01-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Bowers isn't big enough to play DE in a 3-4. Is he going to be good at OLB? Fairley is still big enough to play DE in a 3-4
How is he not big enough. He is 6'4 280. And that is only at 20 years old. He should fill out a bit more and that will be plenty big enough for a 5-technique.

acehole
01-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Wait for poll

sabs mom does this every night.
:maggie:

BuffaloBlitz83
01-11-2011, 01:28 PM
How is he not big enough. He is 6'4 280. And that is only at 20 years old. He should fill out a bit more and that will be plenty big enough for a 5-technique.

3-4 DE's should be 300 pounds at the least

HAMMER
01-11-2011, 01:35 PM
3-4 DE's should be 300 pounds at the least

Not true, there are very few guys that big playing DE, saps quickness.

Extremebillsfan247
01-11-2011, 01:51 PM
So is the future Bills defense a 3-4 or a 4-3?

If Fairley is put in, who plays the DE's next to KW and Fairley? Does Fairley play one of the DE spots in the 3-4? Edwards does well, so does Fairley fill in for Stroud? If not, where does Fairley fill in?

Do we draft a backup/role player with out first overall draft pick? If this team can provide answers aside from "let's draft a pass rusher (Maybin, worthless)" then let's go for it.

Fairley is a beast, but where does he fit on this defense. "So is the future Bills defense a 3-4 or a 4-3?" in the near future, neither one will be the base defense. Gailey plans to run a hybrid and whether we line up in a 3/4 or 4/3 will be determined on play package rather than set scheme.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-11-2011, 05:09 PM
stroud is done, hes done

TigerJ
01-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Of the top defensive line candidates, Bowers has the measurables that most closely resemble Julius Peppers. For those in the Carolina brain trust who remember Peppers with fondness, that might be tempting.