• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

2011 Bills Pending Free Agents

Here are the pending UFAs for the Bills. Who do you re-sign? Who do you want let go? Post your comments below.

DT John McCargo
    LB Paul Posluszny
    LB Keith Ellison
    CB Drayton Florence
    CB Ashton Youboty
    S Donte Whitner
    S George Wilson
    TE David Martin
    QB Levi Brown
    RB Andre Anderson
    OL Cordaro Howard
    OL Mansfield Wrotto
    LB Akin Ayodele

Re-Sign
    Posz
    Florence
    Wilson
    Martin
    L. Brown
    Howard
    Wrotto
    Ayodele

Let Walk
    McCargo
    Ellison
    Youboty
    Whitner
    Last edited by T-Long; 01-11-2011, 08:34 AM.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: 2011 Bills Pending Free Agents

You forgot a few others. I know Akin Ayodele and Mansfield Wrotto are UFA as well.

I think (ughh) signing Poz will be top priority, then Wilson.. We'll make an offer to Florence I'm sure.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

Florence is the only one they would actually miss. Rest could be easily replaced.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by T-Long
        Re-Sign
        Posz
        Florence
        Wilson

Let Walk
        McCargo
        Ellison
        Youboty
        Whitner
        Agree with this. Maybe re-sign Youboty for depth.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Keep Florence. We don want to lose two S's so keep either Whitner or Wilson- personally, I'd keep Wilson because he'll be much cheaper with barely any drop off in play.

The rest can walk, starting with Poz. I cant believe how many of you simply don't see how bad this guy is.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• T-Long
            Circling the Wagons since 1982.
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            You forgot a few others. I know Akin Ayodele and Mansfield Wrotto are UFA as well.

I think (ughh) signing Poz will be top priority, then Wilson.. We'll make an offer to Florence I'm sure.
            Yeah, the list that Walter Football had didn't have some of them on there. I edited my selections.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Keep Florence. We don want to lose two S's so keep either Whitner or Wilson- personally, I'd keep Wilson because he'll be much cheaper with barely any drop off in play.

The rest can walk, starting with Poz. I cant believe how many of you simply don't see how bad this guy is.
              Well, many posters simply aren't as enlightened as you. There has been several good arguments for keeping him and what it means to create that gap there.

Somebody was even ******ed enough to point out that he was 3rd in the NFL in tackles or something like that, and we all know tackles aren't important!!! Unless, of course there isn't anybody making them...

The morons that want to keep him were probably the same idiots that didn't see Fletcher only made tackles downfield.

With the way that our DL man handles the opposition, I don't understand why Poz isn't in the backfield on every play...oh yeah, he just sucks!!!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                Well, many posters simply aren't as enlightened as you. There has been several good arguments for keeping him and what it means to create that gap there.

Somebody was even ******ed enough to point out that he was 3rd in the NFL in tackles or something like that, and we all know tackles aren't important!!! Unless, of course there isn't anybody making them...

The morons that want to keep him were probably the same idiots that didn't see Fletcher only made tackles downfield.

With the way that our DL man handles the opposition, I don't understand why Poz isn't in the backfield on every play...oh yeah, he just sucks!!!
                When we had Fletcher, everyone complained about him having lots of tackles because they were "downfield" and he didnt attack the LOS hard enough..then when he went to Washington and did the SAME EXACT THING everyone wished we had him back and he was suddenly a stud. Poz isnt a true playmaker but he played well this year and is easily our best LB, but yeah lets cut him loose and create another hole! Makes sense right?

Comment

• generalmills
                  • Sep 2003

DT John McCargo- will not even make an offer.. he would not make a roster up here in Canada

LB Paul Posluszny- low ball him and see if he and his agent have a feel of how average he actually is, if they are delusional I let him walk

LB Keith Ellison-If an LB goes down in camp and there is a need for depth he will be available to sign in late Aug. other than that, I would not make an offer.

CB Drayton Florence- sign, I like him as a good 3rd who can come in as a second if need be.

CB Ashton Youboty- 1 year with an option type contract (last chance to show potential)

S Donte Whitner- Enjoy your time with the Skins

S George Wilson- sign (at a half decent price) 2-3 year deal, I enjoy him. Do I think we could upgrade...Yes but it would still be nice to have a consistent S around... he is the type of player that would pop up next year on another team in the playoffs.

TE David Martin- no offer extended, this team needs to make TE a real priority, David Martin is not the answer... good bye.

QB Levi Brown- sign to a Hamdan'esk contract, still like to have him around, could be the answer at #2 once Fitz is gone and our new stud is ready to go in a year or so

RB Andre Anderson- camp contract at the most... someone has to take scrum team reps and carry the helmet pinnies around

OL Cordaro Howard - sign, offensive line depth

OL Mansfield Wrotto- sign- I'd like to give him another look

LB Akin Ayodele - Sign, I liked what I saw from him, he could be a real player for this team in the near future

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by generalmills
                    DT John McCargo- will not even make an offer.. he would not make a roster up here in Canada

LB Paul Posluszny- low ball him and see if he and his agent have a feel of how average he actually is, if they are delusional I let him walk

LB Keith Ellison-If an LB goes down in camp and there is a need for depth he will be available to sign in late Aug. other than that, I would not make an offer.

CB Drayton Florence- sign, I like him as a good 3rd who can come in as a second if need be.

CB Ashton Youboty- 1 year with an option type contract (last chance to show potential)

S Donte Whitner- Enjoy your time with the Skins

S George Wilson- sign (at a half decent price) 2-3 year deal, I enjoy him. Do I think we could upgrade...Yes but it would still be nice to have a consistent S around... he is the type of player that would pop up next year on another team in the playoffs.

TE David Martin- no offer extended, this team needs to make TE a real priority, David Martin is not the answer... good bye.

QB Levi Brown- sign to a Hamdan'esk contract, still like to have him around, could be the answer at #2 once Fitz is gone and our new stud is ready to go in a year or so

RB Andre Anderson- camp contract at the most... someone has to take scrum team reps and carry the helmet pinnies around

OL Cordaro Howard - sign, offensive line depth

OL Mansfield Wrotto- sign- I'd like to give him another look

LB Akin Ayodele - Sign, I liked what I saw from him, he could be a real player for this team in the near future
                    Cordaro signed a three year deal with Buffalo. He's not a FA.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                      When we had Fletcher, everyone complained about him having lots of tackles because they were "downfield" and he didnt attack the LOS hard enough..then when he went to Washington and did the SAME EXACT THING everyone wished we had him back and he was suddenly a stud. Poz isnt a true playmaker but he played well this year and is easily our best LB, but yeah lets cut him loose and create another hole! Makes sense right?
                      He's the best player on the WORST UNIT ON THE TEAM. Keeping Poz maintains a hole.

And Poz is no London Fletcher.

I just don't get it. All season, the talk was about how bad our LB's were, now everyone is worried that letting one of them walk will create a "new hole?" that's completely illogical.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DrGraves
                        • Mar 2008

let poz and whitner walk.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Dec 2005

Losing Drayton Florence actually scares me the most from that list. I LOVE him has a nickelback/injury starter.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                            This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                            • Feb 2009

Good thing McCargo doesnt have to pass a physical to be released.
                            True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

I pretty much agree with your list of re-signings, T-Long. Some of them are pretty unimportant, but they will come cheap.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X