PDA

View Full Version : Nick Fairley = Vince Wilfork

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2011, 08:47 AM
This may have been said before, but it's my original observation.

The guy plays fast for a big guy, nasty and sort of dirty. I want that attitude on our DL.

T-Long
01-11-2011, 08:48 AM
agreed...I can totally see the comparison. Maybe if we take him, I hope he does to Tom Brady what Wilfork did to Losman.

psubills62
01-11-2011, 08:50 AM
In terms of attitude and dirty play, yes. Otherwise, they're nothing alike. I'd rather not have him on our defense, personally. I'm surprised Oregon didn't use hard counts more often, especially at the beginning of the game.

elltrain22
01-11-2011, 08:55 AM
After his awesome performance last night, I don't think we get that opportunity to draft. I'll bet he's gone by the time we're picking. Either Carolina or Denver will not pass him up. What a MF'ing beast.

Beebe's Kid
01-11-2011, 08:56 AM
agreed...I can totally see the comparison. Maybe if we take him, I hope he does to Tom Brady what Wilfork did to Losman.

I don't mean to sound to pompous here, but really?

I don't wish him to be a cheap shot artist. I would settle with sacking Brady 4 times and forcing a fumble that we turned into a touchdown to win the game.

I can't get behind rooting for somebody to play the game the wrong way. You can be big and nasty and play it the right way...Bruce comes to mind.

At the end of the day somethings just aren't worth it, and being a cheating, no good **** is one of them.

T-Long
01-11-2011, 09:00 AM

I don't wish him to be a cheap shot artist. I would settle with sacking Brady 4 times and forcing a fumble that we turned into a touchdown to win the game.

I can't get behind rooting for somebody to play the game the wrong way. You can be big and nasty and play it the right way...Bruce comes to mind.

At the end of the day somethings just aren't worth it, and being a cheating, no good **** is one of them.
I don't want him to be a cheap shot artist, I just want him to hit Brady so hard that it ends his career. I'm tired of Brady and could care less how he gets out of the NFL, whether it's retirement, or a big fat DL smashing him. I'm good with either.

Ickybaluky
01-11-2011, 09:00 AM
They are built differently. Fairley is a lot taller and higher cut.

He is Albert Haynesworth. They are practically the same guy.

Dr. Lecter
01-11-2011, 09:01 AM
I don't want him to be a cheap shot artist, I just want him to hit Brady so hard that it ends his career. I'm tired of Brady and could care less how he gets out of the NFL, whether it's retirement, or a big fat DL smashing him. I'm good with either.
Really?
You are rooting for a player to have his career ended by injury?

I do not understand the hatred of Brady. Jealousy? Sure. But the hatred? No way.

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2011, 09:02 AM
:posrep:

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Really?

I do not understand the hatred of Brady. Jealousy? Sure. But the hatred? No way.
I'm not jealous of Brady being a total ***** with his arrogance.

tampabay25690
01-11-2011, 09:18 AM
He reminds me of Warren Sapp

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2011, 09:19 AM
He reminds me of Warren Sapp
Yes that too, a taller bigger Warren Sapp.

methos4ever
01-11-2011, 09:20 AM
And as good as he was yesterday, they were trying to run a lot of Midline where they let him through for the read option, which is a staple of the Oregon offense. Unfortunately, the QB read very very poorly and as a result made them lose yardage by giving when he should have kept it and vice versa.

THATHURMANATOR
01-11-2011, 09:27 AM

You sound pompous

justasportsfan
01-11-2011, 09:58 AM

you mean , you want him to do what Moats did to Farve.

mikemac2001
01-11-2011, 10:57 AM
he would play DE in 3-4 and DT in 4-3 correcT?

T-Long
01-11-2011, 11:04 AM
he would play DE in 3-4 and DT in 4-3 correcT?
yep, which is why he would fit well with the Bills b/c they can't make their minds up on what type of front they are going to use.

mikemac2001
01-11-2011, 11:20 AM
yep, which is why he would fit well with the Bills b/c they can't make their minds up on what type of front they are going to use.

ya thats what i was thinking it also gives us tons of options

TacklingDummy
01-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Fairley is #1 on my Big Board. I hope he falls to the Bills.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-11-2011, 11:52 AM
I like fairley but he will be gone, take dareus!

BuffaloBlitz83
01-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Ryan Mallet or Fairley

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2011, 12:14 PM
#3 is too high for Mallett.

Nighthawk
01-11-2011, 12:20 PM
This may have been said before, but it's my original observation.

The guy plays fast for a big guy, nasty and sort of dirty. I want that attitude on our DL.

I like the kid...just don't think he'll be there when we pick.

Ed
01-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Isn't he a one year wonder and has questionable conditioning and work ethic? I don't think he fits the Buddy Nix mold.

HAMMER
01-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Fairley is #1 on my Big Board. I hope he falls to the Bills.

Do you really have a BIG BOARD? Really?

Dr. Lecter
01-11-2011, 01:32 PM
It is TD.

I think he is more likely to have a Big Broad.

psubills62
01-11-2011, 01:50 PM

Sure...he's got a huge white board with "NICK FAIRLEY" scribbled on it.

TacklingDummy
01-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Anybody can play internet scout.

TacklingDummy
01-11-2011, 02:22 PM
It is TD.

Kind of funny coming from Don Juan.

Don't Panic
01-11-2011, 03:12 PM
They are built differently. Fairley is a lot taller and higher cut.

He is Albert Haynesworth. They are practically the same guy.

Had that thought last night when he mashed James' face mask into the ground... and not just because their dirty dbags but because they look the same build-wise too.

Don't Panic
01-11-2011, 03:16 PM
After his awesome performance last night, I don't think we get that opportunity to draft. I'll bet he's gone by the time we're picking. Either Carolina or Denver will not pass him up. What a MF'ing beast.

I hope that's the case. That increases the odds of Bowers sliding to us by 50%.

Mad Max
01-11-2011, 03:47 PM
It is TD.

be nice

1.) fatties need love two
2.) we need guys who like the fatties, so that they leave the rest of us alone

TacklingDummy
01-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Don't worry, I won't interfere with your hand.

SABURZFAN
01-11-2011, 05:18 PM
It is TD.

there's a LOT of them in WNY. :ill:

BillsFever21
01-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Really?

There are a lot of players I don't care for, with Brady being one of them, but I would NEVER root for them or anybody to get a career or life changing injury.