X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Levi Brown

Look I know the guy was picked in the 7th round, but in his three throws he showed he has a nice quick compact release and definitely enough arm to play at this level.

Yes I know he is not ready and needs another offseason, but I think Brown might have a good offseason and a good preseason and become the number 2 with a rookie being the number 3.

Anyone that knows QBs tell me your opinion. Yes I know it was just three throws but converting that 3rd and 16 he showed he could look off coverage and then zip it in there. Yes it was against scrubs but his mechanics looked good.

Anyway just give me your thoughts.

Also guys like Romo and Orton were later round picks that produced. Bulger was pretty good as well for a 6th.
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: Levi Brown

You wouldn't like my opinion so I'll leave that to others.

Comment

• BidsJr
      • Sep 2002

no
      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

I'm pretty sure he was only on the team due to necessity. I have little doubt they'll replace him (and probably replace Brohm too) this offseason.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24
          Also guys like Romo and Orton were later round picks that produced. Bulger was pretty good as well for a 6th.
          Romo was undrafted and I think Orton was a 3rd rounder.

Comment

• DesertFox24
            • Jul 2005

They liked Brown a lot coming out and only cut him because they did not think there would be enough reps. They signed him back.

I never said the guy is a franchise guy but he does have good physical traits. I know nothing about his head and if he could be good.

The one thing I do know in regards to our QB situation is Brohm will not be back, which leaves us with two. Meaning we will draft one and then probably get an undrafted guy in for the 4th arm. Which means Brown and undrafted battling it out for 3rd spot and maybe 2nd depending on how early we draft a qb.

Comment

• Bangarang
              • Sep 2010

We're drafting Locker in the 2nd.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Bangarang
                I would love that but I don't see him falling out of the 1st.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

From what I'm reading, I'm leaning towards Gabbert
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bangarang
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                    Not so sure on that. Pretty much every team picking 17-32 already has a franchise QB and I don't think Locker will go before the 17th pick (I wouldn't be shocked b/c a number of teams need a QB). So I'm really hoping he'll be there at the top of the 2nd round to be had with our pick.

Comment

• acehole
                      • Jan 2006

I like him ....arm with moxy and brains. Good to have on roster. I dont know if you build a team around hope. I would just take best available player at whatever position in the draft. IF we pick a qb great if not great...win win. Levi i LIKE from arm strength to demeanor to intelligence.

Originally posted by DesertFox24
                      Look I know the guy was picked in the 7th round, but in his three throws he showed he has a nice quick compact release and definitely enough arm to play at this level.

Yes I know he is not ready and needs another offseason, but I think Brown might have a good offseason and a good preseason and become the number 2 with a rookie being the number 3.

Anyone that knows QBs tell me your opinion. Yes I know it was just three throws but converting that 3rd and 16 he showed he could look off coverage and then zip it in there. Yes it was against scrubs but his mechanics looked good.

Anyway just give me your thoughts.

Hated by the stupid..
                      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                        • Jul 2002

Not so sure on that. Pretty much every team picking 17-32 already has a franchise QB and I don't think Locker will go before the 17th pick (I wouldn't be shocked b/c a number of teams need a QB). So I'm really hoping he'll be there at the top of the 2nd round to be had with our pick.
                        There's a thing that happens in the NFL draft, it's called a trade. Never count on a player falling out of the 1st round just because teams picking 17-32 don't have a need for that player. There are a lot of trades that take place in the 2nd half of the 1st round.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Levi looked less lost than Brohm. He was playing with all the same problems of no protection, etc. But yet, he had confidence. brohm is done with the bills.

Levi can be a good backup. and as we know with fitz, that's promote-able.

I think Fitz is a deserving starter for next year. i don't know how far he takes you, but i still think the big issue is on the defensive side of the ball. you fix that up, you can get a young rookie or a fitz character to get you to the playoffs. look at dirty sanchez.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                            • Sep 2008

I like Levi, but I see him having a very tough time making this team next season especially if we draft another QB.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                              I agree with you.
                              Some may think Im nuts but LOCKER will have the best Combine out of all and may be the top QB taken........We will see.....
                              GO Gators!!!!!!
                              GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X