• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

HORRIBLE effort by the Sabres tonight.

It figures- one of the few games this year that I get to watch in all it's HD glory instead of ****ty streaming, and they pull an epic choke job.

I wish hockey games were 12 minutes long like in Clerks, because the Sabres were perfect for the first 12 minutes. It was the final 48 that did them in.

Sekera is trying to do FAR too much offensively. I like his offensive contributions, but he has to pick and choose his spots.

Pominville stepped it up for a few games but was vintage Pominville tonight.

Myers still puts his head up his ass from time to time. That one goal was completely on him.

And finally, **** Tim Connolly. Since Roy went down, Vanek, Stafford, Pominville, Hecht, and even Gaustad and McCormick have upped their offensive contributions. Connolly remains invisible.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: HORRIBLE effort by the Sabres tonight.

It was just brutal after the first 10 minutes. It goes from top to bottom.

We can't stop 2 on 1s to save our lives. Miller can't make clutch saves once again.

Bring up Enroth and give the kid some playing time. Bench Connolly, Rivet and Vanek. Young kids will provide a spark to keep fans buying tickets.

Pegula, please help.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Way to go, Danny. Stick it to the stooges who told you to go to hell.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• rbochan
        Zamboni Driver
        • Jun 2008

I blame Op for watching.
        ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
        it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

At first I thought they were playing that good because Pegula was potentially at the game watching, which I figured would be a good thing.

After thinking about it some more, I'm glad they tanked the way they did. Assuming Pegula was there, he got to see first hand that this teams needs blown up after the season.

D & S Sports

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by rbochan
            I blame Op for watching.
            This is a given.

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

Did anybody catch during the broadcast of the WJ that Lindy Ruff called the Canadien team and told them to play to "The Edge" but don't play over? I just had to LOL at that one. I asked myself the obvious question there. Why doesn't he demand his own team plays that way? Am I the only one?

Comment

• RockStar36
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                Did anybody catch during the broadcast of the WJ that Lindy Ruff called the Canadien team and told them to play to "The Edge" but don't play over? I just had to LOL at that one. I asked myself the obvious question there. Why doesn't he demand his own team plays that way? Am I the only one?
                Maybe he does and they just don't. I'm at the point where I think players like Tim Connolly and even Hecht are just gonna do what they do no matter what. They make enough money to not care.

D & S Sports

Comment

• SabreEleven
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                  Maybe he does and they just don't. I'm at the point where I think players like Tim Connolly and even Hecht are just gonna do what they do no matter what. They make enough money to not care.
                  But it's the coaches job to get them to care but you are right. Let's ride out the wave of this season and start new during this off season with a real owner who in it to win it and not his pocket book.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

too bad there wasn't a 24/7 sabres HBO series. i wonder what ruff is like in the locker room. his bench attitude is so pacified from the late 90's and cup run in 2006-07.

He strikes me as a guy resigned to the fact that he has losers who can't be coached up any more. How many times has pomiville taken that high slot slap shot? how many times has sereka dipsy doodled around like a newborn calf to only screw up? How many blind backhanded passes will connelly throw out?

I don't even watch every game and i see this stuff. i'm sure Ruff sees it and comments on it. It has to be frustrating that he doesn't have a true number 1 and even more maddening that Roy, his most consistent player is out.

PEGS! WHERE ARE YOU! ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY!

Comment

• RockStar36
                      • Sep 2004

But it's the coaches job to get them to care but you are right. Let's ride out the wave of this season and start new during this off season with a real owner who in it to win it and not his pocket book.
                      A coach can only do so much. At some point the player becomes uncoachable. I think that is why Ruff is so tame on the bench. He's tired of wasting his energy on them.

D & S Sports

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                        A coach can only do so much. At some point the player becomes uncoachable. I think that is why Ruff is so tame on the bench. He's tired of wasting his energy on them.
                        So how much time do we give him after Pegula takes over to turn this team around? 2 years?

Comment

• RockStar36
                          • Sep 2004

So how much time do we give him after Pegula takes over to turn this team around? 2 years?
                          1 year. I think him and Darcy should get one season with Pegula to prove it was a ownership/Quinn problem and not them.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Cleve
                            • Oct 2004

I couldn't believe how fast the game went downhill. I listened to the first 15 minutes on the radio, and then as soon as I got home, watched on TV. I shouldn't have bothered.

One of the Versus commentators (I definitely miss Rick Generette when the games are on Vs) mentioned that the Sabres seem to suffer from a lack of talent on the offense. You think? The loss of Briere still haunts this team - I will always wonder how far the team might have advanced in the playoffs last year had Briere still been on the roster.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                            per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

Working...
                            X