PDA

View Full Version : I miss that little bastard..

JD
01-12-2011, 10:35 AM
"I want this town to have a good team, an exciting team and a team that's going to be in the playoffs," he said. "I'll never forgot how loud this building was in the playoffs. The walls were shaking in the dressing room when people were leaving after a game. I hope at some point they get that team back." -Briere

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/bucky-gleason/article309729.ece

ddaryl
01-12-2011, 11:26 AM
me too !

I Miss that era of Sabre's hockey

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-12-2011, 11:28 AM
I hope Terry Pagula feels the same way.

Cleve
01-12-2011, 12:04 PM
It's a good thing we couldn't keep him - because it's clear how ineffective he is in the NHL. *sarcasm"

Michael82
01-13-2011, 10:02 AM
I kept saying, all he wanted was $5 million a year and they acted like they don't give a **** what he wants and just basically dumped him. One of my favorite players.... :(

don137
01-13-2011, 10:25 AM
It is frustrating to see how he would of signed for 5 million per year and to see his numbers and then compare them to what Pominville and Connolly make and look at their numbers. I guess that is why the Sabres are on the outside looking in as far as the playlets and the Flyers have one of the better teams in the league.

Electrici
01-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Hard to dislike the guy for saying that.

Not only did he produce, but he made the players around him better. The whole Briere and Drury fiasco is hard to look past. Pominville, Hecht, and Connolly were fine for secondary scoring.. but I think the team is falling short because they are asked to be the primary scoring.

The result is the *****fest seen in the last 48 minutes of the Flyers game. Mostly everyone looked flat.

I'm probably in the minority but I still think the team will make the playoffs... Making a run for it all? One can still dream about it.

RockStar36
01-13-2011, 01:08 PM
I kept saying, all he wanted was $5 million a year and they acted like they don't give a **** what he wants and just basically dumped him. One of my favorite players.... :(

All he wanted was $5 million per year?

JD
01-13-2011, 02:32 PM
I believe that was the case... but the Sabres waited so ****ing long to offer him a deal, they offered him 2 days before the deadline and he basically said you know what, you've been dicking my family and I around for this long.. so **** you I'm entering free agency.

Philagape
01-13-2011, 03:21 PM

Yup, he wanted 5 for 25 the summer of 2006. Instead they went to arbitration.
The next year they insulted him again by offering him that deal right before he left.

chernobylwraiths
01-13-2011, 03:36 PM
I believe that Rockstar was being sarcastic. Like Phil said, he wanted $5 mil per over 5 before he went to arbitration. After he was awarded that, the Sabres couldn't offer him anything till after halfway through the year. By that time, he knew his value was even higher. So, his being offered what he received in arbitration was the Sabres (and Darcy's) way of saving face and saying that they tried. They made it a point to say that Drury was the person that they were going to try to sign. Drury kind of screwed them when he told them he didn't want to talk right away (probably because of the deal he had already agreed to and they never signed him to). So, they basicially screwed themselves out of both guys.

Funny thing to me is that they still boo Danny even though he gave the Sabres just about every opportunity to sign him. Fans are stupid.

Michael82
01-13-2011, 03:39 PM

5 years for $25 million. But they turned him down and then ignored him until 2 days before he became a FA.

Michael82
01-13-2011, 03:45 PM
I believe that Rockstar was being sarcastic. Like Phil said, he wanted $5 mil per over 5 before he went to arbitration. After he was awarded that, the Sabres couldn't offer him anything till after halfway through the year. By that time, he knew his value was even higher. So, his being offered what he received in arbitration was the Sabres (and Darcy's) way of saving face and saying that they tried. They made it a point to say that Drury was the person that they were going to try to sign. Drury kind of screwed them when he told them he didn't want to talk right away (probably because of the deal he had already agreed to and they never signed him to). So, they basicially screwed themselves out of both guys.

Funny thing to me is that they still boo Danny even though he gave the Sabres just about every opportunity to sign him. Fans are stupid.

Don't forget how Golisano/Quinn took the offer to Drury off the table, even though it was already agreed verbally by both Drury and Regier.... :ill:

RockStar36
01-14-2011, 07:45 AM
I believe that Rockstar was being sarcastic.

:bf1:

SkateZilla
01-14-2011, 11:18 AM
how is he not in the All star selection.... hrmm..... conspiracy...