X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wozrob11
    • Mar 2007

would of, should of, could of james hardy

just read on Yahoo the great james hardy just signed with balt, but can't join team till after superbowl. i know its hind sight but a few names we could of taken instead of him #1 matt forte #2 desean jackson #3 ray rice! What a waste of a second round pick!!!!!!
    IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST :op:
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: would of, should of, could of james hardy

Originally posted by wozrob11
    just read on Yahoo the great james hardy just signed with balt, but can't join team till after superbowl. i know its hind sight but a few names we could of taken instead of him #1 matt forte #2 desean jackson #3 ray rice! What a waste of a second round pick!!!!!!
    that is what scares me about this team taking AJ Green at #3.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      that is what scares me about this team taking AJ Green at #3.
      Except Green has more talent than Hardy could ever dream of, it's not even close.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
        Except Green has more talent than Hardy could ever dream of, it's not even close.
        adding Green, just like adding Spiller, does nothing to improve this team. they have other, larger holes, that must be addressed long before adding another WR. Teams are winning with RB and WR that are a dime a dozen.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
          • Jan 2010

you can't take green with the 3rd pick especially with easley coming back who looked good. if anything you can use him as leverage to get another pick for someone looking to draft green

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mrbojanglezs
            you can't take green with the 3rd pick especially with easley coming back who looked good. if anything you can use him as leverage to get another pick for someone looking to draft green
            the Bills should have one philosophy going into the draft. Bowers, Fairley or trade down. IMO, nothing else is an option at three right now.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

adding Green, just like adding Spiller, does nothing to improve this team. they have other, larger holes, that must be addressed long before adding another WR. Teams are winning with RB and WR that are a dime a dozen.
              I never said they should take him at 3. The thought of drafting Green scares you because he may turn out to be James Hardy, which is fine if Green was the same talent as Hardy, but he's not.

Comment

• BidsJr
                • Sep 2002

You should add CB to the dime a dozen list.
                "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                  I never said they should take him at 3. The thought of drafting Green scares you because he may turn out to be James Hardy, which is fine if Green was the same talent as Hardy, but he's not.
                  no. I meant on passing on players that would be more of an impact. Not comparing him to Hardy's talent. IF the Bills were solid at other places I would pick Green at 3 in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                    Will not tolerate vandalism.
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by wozrob11
                    Again, DeSean Jackson was a different kind of receiver than the Bills needed at the time. Hardy better fit the mold of a big possession receiver that we lacked because of the team's tight end troubles.

Hardy was also projected as a first-rounder. He ended up in the second. The pick was generally praised. The only other person who fit the bill in that draft was Limas Sweed and his career has turned out just as bad.

And aren't Rice and Forte running backs? They wouldn't have helped this team that much, either.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

the Bills should have one philosophy going into the draft. Bowers, Fairley or trade down. IMO, nothing else is an option at three right now.

Dareus.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• wozrob11
                        • Mar 2007

yeah.... and drafting the players that "FIT THE BILL" really has worked out great for us when was the last time we made the playoffs ohhh yeah 1999 fit the bill ha
                        IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST :op:

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                          Dareus.
                          At #3?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

At #3?
                            Yes.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• CAbills
                              • Jul 2004

We needed a big receiver that year, unfortunately NONE of them turned out, Hardy, Sweed, Thomas? (the guy from Michigan St). Hindsight is easy after the fact.
                              Lets Go Buffalo!
                              Boiler Up!

Comment

Working...
                              X