PDA

View Full Version : We need to clean house!

BillsFanCupp38
01-12-2011, 03:25 PM
We need to starting trading and cutting all of Jaurons stupid draft picks and players.

Poz- Sucks. Not athletic enough for a middle LB. We could get a 5th & 6th Round picks

Kelsay- Sucks. Why does this guy keep getting contract extentions? Cut him

Whitner- Sucks. We have a lot of depth at safety so we should either let him go or franchise him and see what we can get for him in a trade.

Lee Evans- Over rated. Not worth a first round pick. Trade him and get at least a 3rd or 4th round pick

McCargo- Do I need to say anything about this guy?

Stroud- Decent player. But he is getting old and hes not that good. Trade him for a 5th and stock pile picks

McGee- Finished. Hasnt had a good season in years. trade him. 6th round pick

Maybin- Bust. Get something for him. Anything. Maybe a 7th. Although I must say he is a good cheerleader.

McKelvin- On the fence. Hes a toss up.

We need to stock pile up on draft picks. If our coaching staff and scouts are even half way decent we shoud be able to hit on some picks, get younger, faster and stronger. Dont draft a QB high because there is not one woth taking. Fitz will do for now. We have too many holes in our offensive line and Defense. Run defense sucks!

justasportsfan
01-12-2011, 03:29 PM
just make sure to keep Corto and Ellison.

BillsFanCupp38
01-12-2011, 03:34 PM
just make sure to keep Corto and Ellison.

LOL This is just a list of some of the main players we have and busts. The list goes way deeper. Our depth needs major help too but I am not focusing on that.

X-Era
01-12-2011, 03:38 PM
just make sure to keep Corto and Ellison.Nah. We will replace them with Borto and Shmellison, two all new backups who wouldn't even be backups on another team.

Replace them all! 0 and 16 here we come!

Beebe's Kid
01-12-2011, 05:25 PM
We need to rebuild!! Let's get a new GM a new coach, a new QB, a new offense, a new defense, etc.

If we don't win the Super Bowl...start over.

better days
01-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Nah. We will replace them with Borto and Shmellison, two all new backups who wouldn't even be backups on another team.

Replace them all! 0 and 16 here we come!

I guess some people want Luck realbad next year.

Joe Fo Sho
01-12-2011, 05:49 PM
We need to starting trading and cutting all of Jaurons stupid draft picks and players.

Poz- Sucks. Not athletic enough for a middle LB. We could get a 5th & 6th Round picks

Whitner- Sucks. We have a lot of depth at safety so we should either let him go or franchise him and see what we can get for him in a trade.

Lee Evans- Over rated. Not worth a first round pick. Trade him and get at least a 3rd or 4th round pick

Stroud- Decent player. But he is getting old and hes not that good. Trade him for a 5th and stock pile picks

Maybin- Bust. Get something for him. Anything. Maybe a 7th. Although I must say he is a good cheerleader.

We need to stock pile up on draft picks. If our coaching staff and scouts are even half way decent we shoud be able to hit on some picks, get younger, faster and stronger. Dont draft a QB high because there is not one woth taking. Fitz will do for now. We have too many holes in our offensive line and Defense. Run defense sucks!
Getting rid of these guys is not "cleaning house"...

POZ - doesn't suck, we should resign him.

KELSAY - better than what we have, don't cut unless we replace with someone not named Ellison

WHITNER - gone

EVANS - you thinking he should be traded for a 4th round pick makes your entire post laughable

MCCARGO - Serious? Guy doesn't even play... Him being cut has NO SIGNIFICANCE on this team.

STROUD - Should not be cut unless we find someone to replace him

McGEE - Getting older and should be demoted a bit. Who the **** is gonna trade for him???

MAYBIN - Thank you captain obvious. This guy doesn't play either, who cares...it's like saying we should cut Corto...it's still not 'cleaning house'

McKELVIN - Why mention him if he's a toss up? He's not getting cut.

Please tell me who is gonna give us draft picks for McGee and how it's possible to trade POZ...he's a free agent.

Also, elaborate on who's gonna replace these guys...

X-Era
01-12-2011, 05:54 PM

KELSAY - better than what we have, don't cut unless we replace with someone not named Ellison

WHITNER - gone

EVANS - you thinking he should be traded for a 4th round pick makes your entire post laughable

MCCARGO - Serious? Guy doesn't even play... Him being cut has NO SIGNIFICANCE on this team.

McGEE - Getting older and should be demoted a bit. Who the **** is gonna trade for him???

MAYBIN - Thank you captain obvious. This guy doesn't play either, who cares...it's like saying we should cut Corto...it's still not 'cleaning house'

Please tell me who is gonna give us draft picks for McGee and how it's possible to trade POZ...he's a free agent.

Also, elaborate on who's gonna replace these guys...I think it would be irresponsible for the Bills to get rid of anyone without having a clear plan to replace and actually upgrade the position.

A 4 and 12 team has no business getting worse by deletion without providing a better replacement.

Yes, it's a team, but in every individual instance we should be planning a way to get better not stay the same or get worse. The sum of the parts will determine the fortunes of the whole.

ServoBillieves
01-12-2011, 06:08 PM
I think it would be irresponsible for the Bills to get rid of anyone without having a clear plan to replace and actually upgrade the position.

A 4 and 12 team has no business getting worse by deletion without providing a better replacement.

Yes, it's a team, but in every individual instance we should be planning a way to get better not stay the same or get worse. The sum of the parts will determine the fortunes of the whole.

I'm scared X... that's an intelligent response. I expect it from you... but you may make the minds of the meek implode

ServoBillieves
01-12-2011, 06:09 PM
And before bf1 can say it

"This has sumpin' ta do wit bumblin buddy nix?!one!?"

THRILLHO
01-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Maybe we should try to trade our stadium too? We might get a decent sized 2 bedroom house for it.

X-Era
01-12-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm scared X... that's an intelligent response. I expect it from you... but you may make the minds of the meek implodeI guess I'm just taking a holistic view on this rather than looking at each player. I feel the lump sum total of talent isn't good enough for a SB or maybe even a playoff run. Significantly upgrade even a few piece while maintaining the others and you theoretically have gotten better as a whole. But upgrading one position while downgrading another is overall a "push".

We simply have to significantly get better at a whole host of positions. And, that includes the backup positions in many cases as well.

It may be a bit "butterfly effect" but yes, I think starting inexperienced players who haven't even proven they are reliable backups can play a part in losses.

I'd rather have a rookie or undrafted earn their position by beating out a solid starter and have that starter head to the bench for a year until they ultimately either get a reduced salary or get moved from the team. Following that plan you always have at least a solid starter, and can often have a solid backup as well.

To do it, you have to resign your own when they have developed to the point of being even an average starter.

Sign them all and let Chan sort them out.

THRILLHO
01-12-2011, 06:21 PM

The time to do any of this was last year with the new coach. Cleaning house to start his second year and we mind as well erase any progress he made.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-12-2011, 06:42 PM

poz doesnt suck, hes slightly above avg, we will resign him
kelsay is a avg player we will keep him
whitner is gone most likely
trade lee evans, r u off your medication?
mccargo is gone
stroud is gone and will be replaced by dareus or carrington
mcgee will be back, not sure what role though
maybin will be cut
mckelvin is above avg corner, hes actually good.

TacklingDummy
01-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Resign Poz: Shouldn't cost much.
Cut Kelsay and Maybin
Trade Evans (If the Bills plan to draft Green)
Don't resign Whitner

Extremebillsfan247
01-12-2011, 08:17 PM

First off, we can't trade anyone. Remember the lockout talk? second, even if we could trade, you wouldn't get anything for Poz, he's a free agent. Third, Lee Evans is the only deep threat receiver we have. He will still be here and starting next season whether you like him or not. The rest I have little to no problem with accept for what I mentioned to start out this post. No one is getting traded, and no free agents will be allowed to sign with other teams until a CBA is reached. So you can scrap all that.

ServoBillieves
01-12-2011, 09:13 PM
I guess I'm just taking a holistic view on this rather than looking at each player. I feel the lump sum total of talent isn't good enough for a SB or maybe even a playoff run. Significantly upgrade even a few piece while maintaining the others and you theoretically have gotten better as a whole. But upgrading one position while downgrading another is overall a "push".

We simply have to significantly get better at a whole host of positions. And, that includes the backup positions in many cases as well.

It may be a bit "butterfly effect" but yes, I think starting inexperienced players who haven't even proven they are reliable backups can play a part in losses.

I'd rather have a rookie or undrafted earn their position by beating out a solid starter and have that starter head to the bench for a year until they ultimately either get a reduced salary or get moved from the team. Following that plan you always have at least a solid starter, and can often have a solid backup as well.

To do it, you have to resign your own when they have developed to the point of being even an average starter.

Sign them all and let Chan sort them out.

Absolutely. In the NFL, I find in almost 95% of cases, there is no such thing as addition by subtraction.

Getting rid of Tim Anderson is about the only worthwhile one I've thought of in a long time. Knowing someone else was getting reps instead of him... well yeah.

There is 0 reason to get rid of Poz, when we can easily improve the inside as a whole by getting a better player beside Poz.

There truly is such thing as a vocal and locker-room leader, and from what I've heard in defense of the Kelsay pick is that that is what he is. He also improved at the end of the year.

I'm not really going to defense through the whole list that was given, but you're absolutely right X. Cleaning house does nothing for this team. We need to build around the minimal talent we have, find the "diamonds in the ruff" and get lucky with those elite breakthrough players and some strong free agents.

I like the line development, I like the receiving corp, RB has some promise, this team apparently has no need for a TE, and the defense... well damn, this team needs all the help it can get on defense.

According to the original posters list, aside from Evans, every player was defensive. Evans is still a deep threat, but yes, we could improve on those positions, but don't drop bile on this board of things that my 8 year old cousin knows. Maybin blows, McCargo blows. We get it, drafted way too early.

bf1
01-12-2011, 09:16 PM
And before bf1 can say it

"This has sumpin' ta do wit bumblin buddy nix?!one!?"
Should have addressed at least some of it last off-season.

bf1
01-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Don't forget Youboty. I don't want to see him in a Bills uni ever again.

JCBills
01-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Hilarious thread.

trapezeus
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
I like the spirit of this thread. Therefore, i'm making a similar one based on myself.

Trapezeus is a mess. Here is what needs to happen:

1. He is too short by average standards. At 5'8, he needs to be at least 6 feet. Let's trade his current set of legs for 2 fourth round picks and become 6 feet by next week

2. He has terrible selections in sports teams. He should trade his die hard life long affiliation to buffalo sports for a 5th and 7th round pick. With it, select better teams.

Danny Duberstein
01-13-2011, 06:45 PM

Franchise him? HAHAHAHAHA, was that a joke?

HHURRICANE
01-13-2011, 08:56 PM

WHITNER - gone

Also, elaborate on who's gonna replace these guys...

I understand the thread. We have done a good job losing with the guys you are defending and honestly they aren't good. With that said you can't cut every player in one year. However, I don't see one of these guys not being a turd 3 years from now.