PDA

View Full Version : Bad dream

Mr. Miyagi
01-12-2011, 04:49 PM
I had a dream last night that the Patriots intentionally tanked the entire 2011 season so they'd have the #1 to take Andrew Luck. They would then have their franchise QB for another 10+ years to come.

Then I thought that the Bills should look ahead and trade down drastically with a team that we feel could have a high 1st rounder next season, hoping we'd strike gold when that team ends up with the #1 overall pick, then we'd take Luck.

Would you say that's a bad dream or a good dream?

ServoBillieves
01-12-2011, 04:51 PM
... Trade down with the Cardinals?

Commissioner
01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
My worst nightmare is Miami getting Luck... then we have to deal with Brady and Luck.

Night Train
01-12-2011, 04:58 PM
What if your dream came true, then Luck announced he wouldn't play for certain teams ... Like Eli Manning, John Elway and others have done ?

Then the team would look really stupid chasing the rainbow once again...like we've been doing for 11 years already..

Just start drafting talent now..

THRILLHO
01-12-2011, 05:31 PM
I would love NE to tank a season. They would be a laughing stock, and there is always the chance Luck doesnt do well. It would be our best chance to win the division for a while atleast.

imbondz
01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
that just means you spend waaaay too much time here

don137
01-12-2011, 05:59 PM
I think a more realistic scenerio is they make a draft day trade with a team for their first overall pick and that pick ends up being the #1 overall pick.

Nighthawk
01-12-2011, 06:15 PM
What if your dream came true, then Luck announced he wouldn't play for certain teams ... Like Eli Manning, John Elway and others have done ?

Then the team would look really stupid chasing the rainbow once again...like we've been doing for 11 years already..

Just start drafting talent now..

Wow, typical Buffalo fan...my God, get over your paranoia!

evol4276
01-12-2011, 07:44 PM
i'd say its a bad dream due to the fact that you're dreaming about a football team :-P

BillsWin
01-12-2011, 07:54 PM
New England WOULD do that. Then theyd trade Brady for multiple firs round picks and continue the dynasty.

Mr. Miyagi
01-12-2011, 08:52 PM
I just wanted to get it out, because I hear if you tell somebody then the bad dream won't come true. :ill:

ServoBillieves
01-12-2011, 09:02 PM
I just wanted to get it out, because I hear if you tell somebody then the bad dream won't come true. :ill:

We're here for ya double M... we're here.

psubills62
01-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Huh, I didn't realize we could trade down with ourselves.

Jokes aside, I was just thinking today about possibly trading down for a future first round pick. I seriously doubt we actually get the chance to trade down, but I would love to have two first round picks to look forward to in 2012.

OpIv37
01-12-2011, 09:20 PM
if the Patriots somehow end up with Luck, I'm just going to give up watching the NFL.

Mr. Miyagi
01-12-2011, 09:26 PM
if the Patriots somehow end up with Luck, I'm just going to give up watching the NFL.
I know, wouldn't that be a complete nightmare?? :(

Ingtar33
01-12-2011, 10:55 PM
I had a dream last night that the Patriots intentionally tanked the entire 2011 season so they'd have the #1 to take Andrew Luck. They would then have their franchise QB for another 10+ years to come.

Then I thought that the Bills should look ahead and trade down drastically with a team that we feel could have a high 1st rounder next season, hoping we'd strike gold when that team ends up with the #1 overall pick, then we'd take Luck.

Would you say that's a bad dream or a good dream?

that's not how it works.

this year, in the draft NE will package it's two firsts for the 2nd overall pick and grab the next great player that the bills wanted to draft, then trade one of it's 2nds for a 1st next year... that first will end up being the first pick in the draft in 2011; so they'll win the superbowl this year, snag a top 2 pick, then luck into a top 1 or 3 pick in 2011

imbondz
01-12-2011, 11:42 PM
how come they're the only ones who've figured it out. that's what I don't get

THRILLHO
01-13-2011, 08:08 AM
that's not how it works.

this year, in the draft NE will package it's two firsts for the 2nd overall pick and grab the next great player that the bills wanted to draft, then trade one of it's 2nds for a 1st next year... that first will end up being the first pick in the draft in 2011; so they'll win the superbowl this year, snag a top 2 pick, then luck into a top 1 or 3 pick in 2011

That actually isnt that far fetched, LOL.

Mr. Miyagi
01-13-2011, 08:36 AM
So why can't we do the same and trade our 2nd for next year's 1st with somebody? I can't believe teams only call New England to do that.

psubills62
01-13-2011, 08:49 AM
So why can't we do the same and trade our 2nd for next year's 1st with somebody? I can't believe teams only call New England to do that.

Yeah, it's freaking frustrating to see NE wheeling and dealing every year, ending up with more and more picks for the next few years. They take advantage of teams falling in love with certain players (San Diego - Jacob Hester, Carolina - Armanti Edwards) to simply move down and acquire more picks.

With the Bills...they may be able to trade their 2nd round pick for a first next year, but: 1) they need the picks NOW, almost certainly will need the year for the player to develop, 2) with their luck, they'll trade with the team that then uses that pick to get someone who helps them win the Super Bowl next year. I mean, look at what happened with the Seattle trade. The 4th rounder we got just gets worse and worse, even though the Seahawks ended up 7-9. We should have had something near a top-16 pick in the fourth round, but now it will be somewhere in the mid-20's most likely.

DynaPaul
01-13-2011, 04:37 PM
They don't draft any better. They just get more picks so they get more shots at good players.

HAMMER
01-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Funny, I had a bad dream last night also, Buffalo drafted a RB from A DII school with their first round pick.