PDA

View Full Version : Merriman on WGR this morning

Beebe's Kid
01-13-2011, 09:01 AM
He had some interesting things to say...including when he was asked about if he was going to call any FA's, trying to get them to come here, he say's "What if I already have?"

He was asked about Moats, which he talked about, but he then went out of his way to talk about Maybin, which I thought was interesting.

It's a good interview, and I won't spoil anymore for you...take a listen.

Link to interview (http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/36216680/1-13-shawne-merriman-on-the-howard-simon-show.htm)

hydro
01-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Glad Howard got that last question in about calling FAs. Best part of the interview.

Extremebillsfan247
01-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Your right, that was a good interview. Been awhile since I heard a Bills player interview on WGR550 lol

hydro
01-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Your right, that was a good interview. Been awhile since I heard a Bills player interview on WGR550 lol

Might be a while since you have heard one but they have a player on at least every couple weeks.

don137
01-13-2011, 10:20 AM
It would be huge if Merriman can recruit a few guys to come to Buffalo. I think a few players took notice of why Merriman resigned with Buffalo especially how he did a 180 on his feeling of playing here.

trapezeus
01-13-2011, 10:35 AM
i can't listen to it. was there anything else that was interesting in the interview?

Did they ask him if he'll get the lights out sack dance back or does he have a new one for us?

Night Train
01-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Players may now actually wish to come here since this head coach seems to know what the hell he's doing, unlike the last few.

Beebe's Kid
01-13-2011, 10:57 AM
i can't listen to it. was there anything else that was interesting in the interview?

Did they ask him if he'll get the lights out sack dance back or does he have a new one for us?

They didn't ask that...I don't know if he can change his dance though...that's a feeling!

They asked if he would play with a chip on his shoulder, and he said he always plays with a chip on his shoulder. He said that he plays with so many chips on his shoulder he should get an endorsement deal from Doritos.

His comments about Moats and Maybin were very interesting. He said they've got the desire and the ability, now they just need to "learn how to play football." He even brought up that he knows a lot of people are really down on Maybin, and he understands why, but wanted to say that he thinks he'll get it.

psubills62
01-13-2011, 11:00 AM
His comments about Moats and Maybin were very interesting. He said they've got the desire and the ability, now they just need to "learn how to play football." He even brought up that he knows a lot of people are really down on Maybin, and he understands why, but wanted to say that he thinks he'll get it.

I thought his comments about Moats and Maybin were also very intriguing. It's pretty obvious that as much quickness as Maybin has, he's just not "getting it." I hate to harp on his age, but Maybin is still very young by the NFL's standards.

better days
01-13-2011, 12:05 PM
I thought his comments about Moats and Maybin were also very intriguing. It's pretty obvious that as much quickness as Maybin has, he's just not "getting it." I hate to harp on his age, but Maybin is still very young by the NFL's standards.

How great would it be if Merriman is healthy & he can show Maybin & Moats the work that is needed to become a good player in the NFL. Those 3 guys playing well could make a big impact on the team next year if that happens.

mayotm
01-13-2011, 12:37 PM
How great would it be if Merriman is healthy & he can show Maybin & Moats the work that is needed to become a good player in the NFL. Those 3 guys playing well could make a big impact on the team next year if that happens.I would be shocked if the Bills ever get anything from Maybin. However, Moats may be a player.

better days
01-13-2011, 12:40 PM
I would be shocked if the Bills ever get anything from Maybin. However, Moats may be a player.

I think it will shock us all, but Merriman thinks it can happen. Agreed about Moats.

Beebe's Kid
01-13-2011, 12:44 PM
I would be shocked if the Bills ever get anything from Maybin. However, Moats may be a player.

I am not saying it a foregone conclusion the guy is going to make it, in fact, the odds are stacked against him, but PSU raises the point that people forget.

Maybin is 22. There are guys coming out this year that are older than he is.

People can discount that all that they want. The guy was a project pick, and we have to have some patience. That doesn't mean I advocate the pick...far from it.

Chan's having him inactive, I feel was part of a psychological training program with Maybin that may end up working out.

People that say he should be cut everyday, probably need to be reminded of the fact that McCargo is still on the roster.

Extremebillsfan247
01-13-2011, 12:51 PM
I would be shocked if the Bills ever get anything from Maybin. However, Moats may be a player.I think Maybin came out too early. He had barely completed his sophomore year when he entered the draft in 09. If he had stayed till his senior year, he would have been in this years draft class. Hopefully all he needs is time.

mayotm
01-13-2011, 01:45 PM
I think Maybin came out too early. He had barely completed his sophomore year when he entered the draft in 09. If he had stayed till his senior year, he would have been in this years draft class. Hopefully all he needs is time.I would be thrilled if Maybin became relevant, just don't see it. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Beebe's Kid
01-13-2011, 02:28 PM
I would be thrilled if Maybin became relevant, just don't see it. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
I think there are a lot of people here that want to be wrong about Maybin!!

Man, it had been a frustrating 11 years!

mikemac2001
01-13-2011, 02:34 PM
maybin was drafted way to high........but i sure want to see if anything has changed after the season....not giving up on a first rd pick at the age of 22

hes still growing physically and mentally. (hopefully)

X-Era
01-13-2011, 04:05 PM
I think a few of us mentioned the possibility of Merriman trying to bring in other players. I'm glad to hear that.

ParanoidAndroid
01-13-2011, 04:43 PM
I agree theat the Bills should exercise patience with Maybin. In terms of investment made, age, and the potential he showed in just his red-shirt sophomore year, he has to have room to grow into his new job. That said, a team desperate to improve with some speed doesn't have forever to wait. I think this is a do-or-die offseason and 2011 season.

Beebe's Kid
01-13-2011, 07:18 PM
I agree theat the Bills should exercise patience with Maybin. In terms of investment made, age, and the potential he showed in just his red-shirt sophomore year, he has to have room to grow into his new job. That said, a team desperate to improve with some speed doesn't have forever to wait. I think this is a do-or-die offseason and 2011 season.

I agree. He is going to have to show something.

Thinking back...can you believe he doesn't have any sacks? If you say you believe it, you're full of ****.

Ed
01-13-2011, 07:40 PM
The Merriman re-signing has been a really pleasant surprise so far. After he went on IR so quick I didn't give him any chance of staying here, but it's been really cool to see how positive and excited he is about the team.

Despite our record I actually don't think it will be that hard to get some free agents to come here. It seemed like in all of our close losses to some good teams, our opponents were quick to recognize the effort and heart that the Bills played with and had a lot of respect.

HHURRICANE
01-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Moats has a future but Maybin is done. When the head coach says it's not looking good for you than that should be a clue.