PDA

View Full Version : Mock That Will Make A Lot of People Happy

Beebe's Kid
01-13-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't think there is anyway that this happens. I don't really frequent the Bleacher Report, but I figured enough Bills fans would like to see this.

Link (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/571326-2011-nfl-mock-draft-first-second-round-predictions#page/4)

better days
01-13-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't think there is anyway that this happens. I don't really frequent the Bleacher Report, but I figured enough Bills fans would like to see this.

Link (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/571326-2011-nfl-mock-draft-first-second-round-predictions#page/4)

I read bleacher report quite often myself, not saying they are always right but they often have something interesting to say. I would love for the draft to play out like this.

TacklingDummy
01-13-2011, 12:53 PM
I'd rather have LB Casey Matthews in the 2nd and hope he turns out like Clay III, Bruce, and Clay Jr.

Extremebillsfan247
01-13-2011, 12:59 PM

Link (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/571326-2011-nfl-mock-draft-first-second-round-predictions#page/4)That would be a good start in my opinion. Drafting a QB in the second round here would be a good move because there would be little to no pressure of starting him out of the gate allowing Buffalo to groom the guy while using up Fitzpatrick while he is in the prime of his career as a QB.

Beebe's Kid
01-13-2011, 01:18 PM
I'd rather have LB Casey Matthews in the 2nd and hope he turns out like Clay III, Bruce, and Clay Jr.

When is this guy "supposed" to be drafted?

I watched the game the other night, and I wanted him on our team yesterday.

Cue the "Not at 34...I would take him at 36, but NEVER 34..."

elltrain22
01-13-2011, 01:19 PM
No way that Mallet falls to the 2nd. THat would be nice, but I just don't think thats gonna happen.

Bangarang
01-13-2011, 01:22 PM

It's amazing how after watching one game that people start calling for players that they either had probably never heard of before or seen play.

Buffalo Thriller
01-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Locker will fall to the 2nd before Mallett

psubills62
01-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Casey Matthews:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1264207

Projected Round: 4-5

That's just one reference, though.

kingJofNYC
01-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Would definitely want to take a guy in the 2nd round, especially since he may not be drafted at all! He may be as good as his brother based on name alone!

X-Era
01-13-2011, 04:18 PM
I'd rather have LB Casey Matthews in the 2nd and hope he turns out like Clay III, Bruce, and Clay Jr.How would you feel about him in the 5th-7th? That's more likely where he will go.

ParanoidAndroid
01-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Matthews will climb. Maybe not farther than the 3rd, but he will walk his way out of that BS 5-7 arbitrary, huge-margin draft grade. He's there because of his timed speed. He finds the ball just like the rest of his family.
Still....I'd rather have Jones or Sturdivant if we picked an ILB. Jones is a tackling machine.

TacklingDummy
01-13-2011, 05:49 PM
How would you feel about him in the 5th-7th? That's more likely where he will go.
How about Martez Wilson in the 2nd?

TacklingDummy
01-13-2011, 05:55 PM
How would you feel about him in the 5th-7th? That's more likely where he will go.
Walterfootball mock has him going in the 3rd.

70. Cleveland Browns: Casey Matthews, ILB, Oregon
Eric Barton's playing well for the Browns right now, but he'll be 34 at the beginning of next season. Besides, drafting a Matthews has to be a no-brainer for Cleveland, right?

They also have the Bills taking a QB in the 3rd

1. Peterson CB

2. Buffalo Bills: Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois
If the Bills stick with the 3-4 defense, they'll need an upgrade next to Paul Posluszny. Martez Wilson, now the top inside linebacker in this class, is the best player available.

Pick change; previously Titus Young, WR

3. 68. Buffalo Bills: Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
Ryan Fitzpatrick is obviously not the long-term solution at quarterback. The Bills will need to take a quarterback in the early stages of the 2011 NFL Draft. Chan Gailey may like Andy Dalton's mobility.

4. Buffalo Bills: Christian Ballard, DE/DT, Iowa
As written in my 2011 NFL Offseason Needs pages, "Kyle Williams had a Pro Bowl season in 2010. Unfortunately, the Bills have nothing next to him."

4. Buffalo Bills: Lee Ziemba, OT/G, Auburn
The Bills acquired this pick from Seattle for Marshawn Lynch.

Whether the quarterback next year is Ryan Fitzpatrick, Cam Newton, Andy Dalton or JaMarcus Russell, the Bills need to improve their offensive line.

I wouldn't mind this draft.

Ed
01-14-2011, 09:19 AM
No way that Mallet falls to the 2nd. THat would be nice, but I just don't think thats gonna happen.
There's always a way, especially with a guy that's being reported as having some questionable character issues that are scaring some scouts away from wanting to draft him at all.

Last year no one really thought Jimmy Claussen would fall to the 2nd round, but he fell pretty far. You never know what could happen, especially in January.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Locker will fall to the 2nd before Mallett
Locker might not get drafted until the 3rd or 4th at this rate. He's dropping dangerously close to the Dead Zone.

seanbillsfan
01-14-2011, 09:31 AM
I hate mock drafts

THRILLHO
01-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Am I crazy to think that the better Clay Matthews does in this post season, the higher his brother's draft stock rises?

Ed
01-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Am I crazy to think that the better Clay Matthews does in this post season, the higher his brother's draft stock rises?
I don't how much it helps, but I definitely think it can only have a positive impact on his draft stock. Even if scouts or whoever don't think his skills are at the level of his brother, they can at least feel confident that he knows what it takes to be successful at the next level.

I honestly believe that Eli Manning would not have been the #1 overall pick if it weren't for his brother.

Bill Cody
01-14-2011, 11:05 AM

I do.

HAMMER
01-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Locker might not get drafted until the 3rd or 4th at this rate. He's dropping dangerously close to the Dead Zone.

No chance he drops that far, none.

LtFinFan66
01-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Mark Ingram for the Fins....I can deal with that