PDA

View Full Version : Mark My Words: We'll Be Drafting A QB

Bangarang
01-13-2011, 01:28 PM
And it won't be in the 1st round. We'll be drafting Christian Ponder in the 2nd round. This is exactly the kind of player that Nix likes. Chan will also be coaching him in the Senior Bowl and will fall in love with this kid.

He has everything you'd look for in a franchise QB. 3 year starter in a pro style offense. Very smart; graduated in 2.5 years w/ a 3.7 GPA and is currently finishing up a graduate degree. Good size and strength with very good athleticism. Strong arm capable of making all the NFL throws with ease. Can read defenses and go through progressions.

His draft stock was hurt because he played through injuries his senior year and has had a couple of surgeries on his throwing arm. However, if our doctors find nothing is structurally wrong with his arm and everything checks out, he's going to be our pick at the top of the 2nd.

Been following him and watching him since last year and this guy just looks like an NFL quarterback. He literally carried resurrected and carried that Florida State team. He just needs to be coached up and who better to do that than our very own Chan?

Beebe's Kid
01-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Stop it, or you are going to give Lecter a chub.

Can we push our luck, and grab him in the 3rd? That would be nice... I really like Matthews and would like us to grab him. Also, if Carimi makes it to the 34th pick, we should snag him.

psubills62
01-13-2011, 01:44 PM
We could definitely get him later than the 2nd round. I could see Devlin in the 2nd, though.

Bangarang
01-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Stop it, or you are going to give Lecter a chub.

Can we push our luck, and grab him in the 3rd? That would be nice... I really like Matthews and would like us to grab him. Also, if Carimi makes it to the 34th pick, we should snag him.
I'm betting he'll be long gone by the 3rd. He's going to really improve his stock during the Senior Bowl (assuming he plays) and at the combine and during interviews. The only reason his stock fell so much was because of the injuries and his lack luster senior year. (Even though he still had solid numbers)

This is our guy right here. I like him more than Devlin tbh.

DraftBoy
01-13-2011, 02:15 PM
And it won't be in the 1st round. We'll be drafting Christian Ponder in the 2nd round. This is exactly the kind of player that Nix likes. Chan will also be coaching him in the Senior Bowl and will fall in love with this kid.

He has everything you'd look for in a franchise QB. 3 year starter in a pro style offense. Very smart; graduated in 2.5 years w/ a 3.7 GPA and is currently finishing up a graduate degree. Good size and strength with very good athleticism. Strong arm capable of making all the NFL throws with ease. Can read defenses and go through progressions.

His draft stock was hurt because he played through injuries his senior year and has had a couple of surgeries on his throwing arm. However, if our doctors find nothing is structurally wrong with his arm and everything checks out, he's going to be our pick at the top of the 2nd.

Been following him and watching him since last year and this guy just looks like an NFL quarterback. He literally carried resurrected and carried that Florida State team. He just needs to be coached up and who better to do that than our very own Chan?

Im not sure he'll be at the Senior Bowl.

Bangarang
01-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Im not sure he'll be at the Senior Bowl.

Really? That's a bummer but I understand if he's focused on letting his arm get better. Have you heard anything recent on him?

WeAreArthurMoates
01-13-2011, 02:53 PM
I like dalton and devlin better right now

DraftBoy
01-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Really? That's a bummer but I understand if he's focused on letting his arm get better. Have you heard anything recent on him?

Nope, but if he doesnt go, Devlin may get his spot.

Raptor
01-13-2011, 05:36 PM
I bet it will be Dalton

Mad Max
01-13-2011, 05:44 PM
I hope you're wrong, I watched a few FSU games this season and he never impressed. Chris Weinke part deux.

X-Era
01-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Not a fan.

SABURZFAN
01-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Not a fan.

let the Ponder-Era begin!!!!!!

TacklingDummy
01-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Bling would become a Bills fan

SABURZFAN
01-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Bling would become a Bills fan

i think he already is one.

Bangarang
01-13-2011, 06:23 PM
I bet it will be Dalton

If it wasn't for the Rose Bowl, nobody would even be mentioning his name. People watch one bowl game, Google his name to see his stats and make a definitive conclusion.

cookie G
01-13-2011, 09:22 PM
In the last 10 years, in the 1st 2 rounds, there have been 3 QB's drafted who have thrown for 2000 or less with 300 attempts.

Chad Henne
Pat White
Michael Vick

None of those three actually had 300 attempts.

No thanks. He won't be morphing into Michael Vick any time soon.

Let the Dolphins take him. They've got a good history of 2nd round QB busts.

ServoBillieves
01-13-2011, 09:37 PM
In response to the title:

NOOO, really?!

dannyek71
01-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Mark my words: Next years team will again force me to drink heavily on Sundays.

mikemac2001
01-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Mark my words: Next years team will again force me to drink heavily on Sundays.

Yes because you will be celebrating all the w's

billzboy2
01-14-2011, 10:20 AM
They should target Cam Newton. He'd be the perfect fit and put a lot of fans in the seats.

Figster
01-14-2011, 10:27 AM
They should target Cam Newton. He'd be the perfect fit and put a lot of fans in the seats.

Best first post ever in my book :goodpost:

dannyek71
01-14-2011, 11:58 AM

Who cares about putting fans in the seats. TO put fans in the seats. Spiller was the sexy pick to put fans in the seats.

Win games and the fans will come.

Figster
01-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Who cares about putting fans in the seats. TO put fans in the seats. Spiller was the sexy pick to put fans in the seats.

Win games and the fans will come.

Cam Newton puts points on the board to win football games (50 TD's/350 points)

The Bills 2010 offense in comparison scored the fifth fewest points in the NFL with 283, (17.7 a game.)

Bangarang
01-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Cam Newton puts points on the board to win football games (50 TD's/400 points)

The Bills 2010 offense in comparison scored the fifth fewest points in the NFL with 283, (17.7 a (http://www.inquisitr.com/95491/2010-buffalo-bills-season-in-review/#)game.)

Newton won't be able to truck over smaller linebackers in the NFL. Nor will he be able to run up the middle for positive yards every play.

Figster
01-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Newton won't be able to truck over smaller linebackers in the NFL. Nor will he be able to run up the middle for positive yards every play.

Newton rolled over some pretty good defenses this year including the defending Champion Crimson Tide with a huge come from behind win.

Will it be the same in the NFL, no, of course not, but Cam Newton will be mowing over NFL LB's for years to come. (and making first downs on short yardage situations)

mrbojanglezs
01-14-2011, 01:55 PM
he won't be much better than fitz IMO if your gonna replace fitz replace him with a stud

Bangarang
02-27-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm bumping this thread because I thought Ponder had a good combine and just further reiterate my belief that we'll be drafting him in the 2nd round.

Christian Ponder, Florida State
Wes Bunting

I was looking forward to watching Florida State QB Christian Ponder throw live Sunday at the NFL Combine and he did not fail to impress. Looking through the entire QB group I thought Ponder had the best day of all the signal callers. His arm looked plenty live enough to make all the throws, he was balanced in his drop, got the ball out quickly and was very accurate during the session. He showcased good ball location in the three step game, getting the ball out on time while allowing his receivers to consistently run through the throw. Ponder also showcased plenty of zip on his throws in the five step game and was capable of sticking the dig.

The one area where he did struggle was on bucket throws when trying to toss the nine (fade), but he did a nice job later in the workout on the post-corner, dropping his first pass into the outstretched arms of the receiver. Ponder seems to be getting stronger and stronger the further he gets away from his injury-riddled senior season and with the improvements to his footwork, he’s still the guy who I like the most in this quarterback class.

Christian Ponder looked more like first round pick this afternoon than Cam Newton did. Significantly more accurate.

BertSquirtgum
02-28-2011, 12:02 AM
i'll blow my brains out if the Bills draft a qb with their first round pick.

Bangarang
02-28-2011, 12:04 AM
i'll blow my brains out if the Bills draft a qb with their first round pick.

That's why they're going to draft Ponder in the 2nd after taking Dareus in the 1st.

Mindbender
02-28-2011, 05:25 AM
That's why they're going to draft Ponder in the 2nd after taking Dareus in the 1st.

I'd be on board with this. Meaning the Bills won't do anything close to this.

alohabillsfan
02-28-2011, 05:54 AM
Ponder=fragile, pass

DraftBoy
02-28-2011, 07:18 AM
Ponder=fragile, pass

Prior to his injuries the past two years Ponder was relatively healthy. What makes you say he is fragile? The bursa sac issue he dealt with?

alohabillsfan
02-28-2011, 07:58 AM
Prior to his injuries the past two years Ponder was relatively healthy. What makes you say he is fragile? The bursa sac issue he dealt with?

ok

Johnny Bugmenot
02-28-2011, 10:03 AM

David Carr says hi.

Bangarang
02-28-2011, 10:19 AM
David Carr says hi.

I guess someone should call Ponder's agent and tell him to just go home because he's going to end up like Carr. Are we being serious right now?

malvado78
02-28-2011, 10:40 AM
I hate seeing the Carr comments as a negative comparison to any QB.

This guys biggest detriment was that he had the opportunity to be the first QB for an expansion team.

The Texans line was TERRIBLE (as well as most the rest of the team minus Johnson). They did nothing to help Carr at all.

Not saying he would have been amazing but he was broken.

Find a different comparison to a QB who actually had a chance and failed...

hemi13
02-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Doesn't throw the long ball very good!

Extremebillsfan247
02-28-2011, 02:29 PM
I think his combine may have hurt his chances a little. If the Bills don't take one at 3 overall, they wont grab one until the 3rd in all likely hood. They will then either choose between Dalton, Ponder, Kaepernick, and Devlin who will all be there in the 3rd round. I could almost bet on it right now.

malvado78
03-01-2011, 08:56 AM
I think his combine may have hurt his chances a little. If the Bills don't take one at 3 overall, they wont grab one until the 3rd in all likely hood. They will then either choose between Dalton, Ponder, Kaepernick, and Devlin who will all be there in the 3rd round. I could almost bet on it right now.

I bet Kaepernick get taken before the 3rd.

And it has little to do with ability and more to do with the numbers of teams that want/need a QB...

mysticsoto
03-01-2011, 10:23 AM
I bet Kaepernick get taken before the 3rd.

And it has little to do with ability and more to do with the numbers of teams that want/need a QB...

I'm pulling for Kaepernick in the 3rd also. He's raw, that'll probably turn alot of teams off and since we pick early in the 3rd, we just may have a chance.

Commissioner
03-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I guarantee they are taking Blaine Gabbert at #3 if he's there.

Bangarang
03-01-2011, 02:04 PM
QB's we know for certain Nix and co. interviewed at the combine

-Gabbert
-Locker
-Kaepernick
-Newton

better days
03-01-2011, 03:05 PM
QB's we know for certain Nix and co. interviewed at the combine

-Gabbert
-Locker
-Kaepernick
-Newton

Well, we also know that Chan coached Ponder in the Senior bowl where he got to know him better than anyone can get to know a player at the combine.