X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Broncos hire former Panthers coach John Fox

That didn't take him very long to find another HC job. I'm not surprised he got another shot unlike others who go back to being coordinators. He had a rough season but had a lot of success in the past.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – John Fox turned around a bumbling team before. The Denver Broncos are counting on him to do it again.
    Fox was picked over four other candidates to replace Josh McDaniels, who was fired Dec. 6 amid the Broncos' worst slide in four decades and the embarrassing Spygate II videotaping scandal.
    The lost season led to a restructuring of the front office and the return of Hall of Famer John Elway as chief football executive. On Thursday, Elway hired Fox, the 55-year-old former Carolina Panthers coach.
    Elway wrote on Twitter in announcing the hiring that Fox "is a dynamic and proven leader who will energize our entire organization."
    "I am very thankful to Pat Bowlen and John Elway for giving me the opportunity to coach a football team with such a proud tradition," Fox said in a statement. "The Broncos have a culture of winning, and I am excited to continue that legacy. I can't wait to get to work."
    And his task seems as high and steep as the biggest peaks in the Rocky Mountains.
    The Broncos are coming off a franchise-worst 4-12 season, own the second overall pick in the draft and are is need of a major overhaul — much like the Panthers were when Fox arrived in 2002 following a 1-15 season.
    He led them to a 7-9 mark in his first year before guiding them to the Super Bowl in his second season.
    "I think the rebuild probably is going to require a little bit more on defense than offense but you know, I think I have a blueprint that we executed in Carolina and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work here in Denver," Fox said before his interview with the Broncos on Wednesday.
    Last edited by BillsFever21; 01-13-2011, 06:30 PM.
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: Broncos hire former Panthers coach John Fox

good move by the Broncos.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

I agree good move

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Very good coach but very conservative and not very exciting to watch as a fan.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Good hire for Denver, even though he really doesn't have much to brag about on his HC resume...Would've liked to have him here as DC.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

They're going defense at #2 for sure now. We have no chance to Fairley.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
              • Sep 2003

Denver is currently a 3-4 team, hopefully the Broncos go DE with Darius or Bowers. Please leave Fairley for the Bills...

Comment

Working...
              X