PDA

View Full Version : Broncos hire former Panthers coach John Fox

BillsFever21
01-13-2011, 06:30 PM
That didn't take him very long to find another HC job. I'm not surprised he got another shot unlike others who go back to being coordinators. He had a rough season but had a lot of success in the past.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110113/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_broncos_fox

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – John Fox turned around a bumbling team before. The Denver Broncos are counting on him to do it again.
Fox was picked over four other candidates to replace Josh McDaniels, who was fired Dec. 6 amid the Broncos' worst slide in four decades and the embarrassing Spygate II videotaping scandal.
The lost season led to a restructuring of the front office and the return of Hall of Famer John Elway as chief football executive. On Thursday, Elway hired Fox, the 55-year-old former Carolina Panthers coach.
Elway wrote on Twitter in announcing the hiring that Fox "is a dynamic and proven leader who will energize our entire organization."
"I am very thankful to Pat Bowlen and John Elway for giving me the opportunity to coach a football team with such a proud tradition," Fox said in a statement. "The Broncos have a culture of winning, and I am excited to continue that legacy. I can't wait to get to work."
And his task seems as high and steep as the biggest peaks in the Rocky Mountains.
The Broncos are coming off a franchise-worst 4-12 season, own the second overall pick in the draft and are is need of a major overhaul — much like the Panthers were when Fox arrived in 2002 following a 1-15 season.
He led them to a 7-9 mark in his first year before guiding them to the Super Bowl in his second season.
"I think the rebuild probably is going to require a little bit more on defense than offense but you know, I think I have a blueprint that we executed in Carolina and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work here in Denver," Fox said before his interview with the Broncos on Wednesday.

SABURZFAN
01-13-2011, 06:31 PM
good move by the Broncos.

SquishDaFish
01-13-2011, 06:52 PM
I agree good move

don137
01-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Very good coach but very conservative and not very exciting to watch as a fan.

YardRat
01-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Good hire for Denver, even though he really doesn't have much to brag about on his HC resume...Would've liked to have him here as DC.

Mr. Miyagi
01-13-2011, 08:40 PM
They're going defense at #2 for sure now. We have no chance to Fairley.

alohabillsfan
01-14-2011, 05:04 AM
Denver is currently a 3-4 team, hopefully the Broncos go DE with Darius or Bowers. Please leave Fairley for the Bills...