PDA

View Full Version : Cam Newton declares for the draft

X-Era
01-13-2011, 08:42 PM
http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011311aab.html

Most expected this.

HHURRICANE
01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
If he ends up here than I am convinced that the front office is just trying to sabotage the team.

Canadian'eh!
01-13-2011, 08:48 PM
not an NFL QB.

Demon
01-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Let the debate officially begin.

TrEd FTW
01-13-2011, 09:19 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/umDr0mPuyQc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/umDr0mPuyQc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bangarang
01-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Not surprised. I just hope we don't draft him at 3.

Mad Max
01-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Fairley's next.

He's going to announce his decision at his high school. Why would he make such an announcement at his high school if he wasn't leaving.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/01/auburn-nick-fairley-nfl-draft-announcement/1

SaviorEdwards
01-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Fairley's next.

He's going to announce his decision at his high school. Why would he make such an announcement at his high school if he wasn't leaving.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/01/auburn-nick-fairley-nfl-draft-announcement/1

the real question is why would you make this announcement at a high school to begin with LOL....I guess he didn't get his national signing day moment in the sun.

Mad Max
01-13-2011, 10:13 PM
the real question is why would you make this announcement at a high school to begin with LOL....I guess he didn't get his national signing day moment in the sun.

Probably because of this. Ledouche has made it en vogue to hold pressers.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RTeCc8jy7FI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RTeCc8jy7FI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

OpIv37
01-13-2011, 10:15 PM
In other news, the sky is blue, the Pope is Catholic and fat people fart a lot after Thanksgiving dinner.

SaviorEdwards
01-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Probably because of this. Ledouche has made it en vogue to hold pressers.

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RTeCc8jy7FI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

lol but i thought that was mainly 'for the kids' /sarcasm off

Figster
01-14-2011, 08:11 AM
not an NFL QB.

Must be the 182 QB rating,(above Andrew Luck) or maybe the 50 TD's Newton threw and ran for, or possibly going 14-0 and winning a National Championship.

Cam Newtons not an NFL QB yet, but he will be and there's going to be a lot of foolish looking folks out there who stereotyped Cam when he's breaking NFL records one day.

Cam2Newton.com http://www.cam2newton.com/

Cams new Motto http://twitpic.com/3pt7me

For folks who are interested in Newton this is a good site to check out. The video selections give an inside look at Cameron Newton.

Comparing 2011 mock drafts I find the favorite landing spot for Newton is the Arizona Cardinals who pick 5th,(came up 10 times) with the Titans, 49ers and Dolphins also popular landing spots.

I hope for once its Buffalo ruining the plans of someone else for a change and snatching Cam Newton up before the Cardinals can get to him.

Odd that Buffalo picking two spots ahead of the Cardinals showed no interest according to most mocks.

The whole Nation has been brainwashed and fooled by the fumbling, bumbling turn over machine, Ryan Fitzpatrick. Not upgrading the most important position a Football team has with Cam Newton could end up being one of the biggest bumbling blunders the Buffalo Bills have ever made in my personal opinion.

tampabay25690
01-14-2011, 06:29 PM
I saw Cam play when h e was a young Freshmen at Florida.
The guy will be an NFL QB and anyone that says otherwise should not even watch football.....

Guy has a great arm, great speed, a heisman, a national championship, loves the community and fans, and a great leader......
It will be a nightmare for opposing defenses to prepare for a guy like this......

Hey he maybe the next McNabb but a better athlete.....

Philagape
01-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Must be the 182 QB rating,(above Andrew Luck) or maybe the 50 TD's Newton threw and ran for, or possibly going 14-0 and winning a National Championship.

All of which say nothing about how he'll do in the NFL.

Figster
01-15-2011, 11:15 AM
All of which say nothing about how he'll do in the NFL.

Just like a fellas sack count in college doesn't say anything...

Philagape
01-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Just like a fellas sack count in college doesn't say anything...

Absolutely true.

better days
01-15-2011, 11:42 AM
The guy will be an NFL QB and anyone that says otherwise should not even watch football.....

Guy has a great arm, great speed, a heisman, a national championship, loves the community and fans, and a great leader......
It will be a nightmare for opposing defenses to prepare for a guy like this......

As a Gator fan, I don't know how you can ignore Cams character issues. He would have been the starting QB for the Gators this year if not for his lack of character.

Add in the fact that there is question he will ever be able to read NFL defenses, or make NFL throws on a consistant basis, & there is plenty of reason to doubt he will ever amount to anything in the NFL.

SaviorEdwards
01-15-2011, 12:44 PM
I can't ignore his lack of accuracy issues from the Oregon game.

X-Era
01-15-2011, 12:47 PM
I can't ignore his lack of accuracy issues from the Oregon game.I wouldn't. I would simply add this into the overall picture on him. I just don't think we should place too much significance on one game.

Figster
01-15-2011, 01:52 PM
I can't ignore his lack of accuracy issues from the Oregon game.

From personal experience you also can't ignore what a severe back injury can do to a fella. I've watched Cam all season and you could see it in his runs and throws, Newton was not 100% from early on in the ball game when Cam Newton took a crushing blow to the middle of his back.

I'm not making excuses, something Newton refused to do after the football game, just telling it like it is, and it did make a difference, especially as the game wore on.

X-Era
01-15-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm judging from personal experience and you also can't ignore what a severe back injury can do to a fella. I've watched Cam all season and you could see in his runs and throws, Cam Newton was not 100% from early on in the ball game when Newton took a crushing blow to the middle of his back.

I'm not making excuses,and something Newton refused to do after the football game, just telling it like it is and it did make a difference in his play, especially as the game wore on.Teams can get a sense for accuracy beyond what's on the field in private workouts throwing to WR's.

Ingtar33
01-15-2011, 02:21 PM
I guarantee Cam Newton declaring was one of the backroom agreements to prevent his suspension this year.

X-Era
01-15-2011, 02:24 PM
I guarantee Cam Newton declaring was one of the backroom agreements to prevent his suspension this year.It's going to be interesting to hear what teams find.

Figster
01-15-2011, 04:47 PM
I guarantee Cam Newton declaring was one of the backroom agreements to prevent his suspension this year.

Cam Newton just wants to make $$$$$ when he plays

Luisito23
01-15-2011, 04:52 PM
We can't be stupid enough to take a project at 3?

Figster
01-15-2011, 05:12 PM
We can't be stupid enough to take a project at 3?

All rookie QB's are projects and the best ones get drafted the quickest.

Cam Newton's athletic ability will put him on the field much quicker then normal in my opinion.

If current mock drafts are any indication, Cam Newton won't make it past the Arizona Cardinals at 5th pick overall in the 2011 draft.

Philagape
01-15-2011, 06:17 PM
All rookie QB's are projects

Bradford wasn't.
Stafford wasn't.
Ryan wasn't.
Sanchez wasn't.
Roethlisberger wasn't.

Franchise rookies are starting right away these days. A project is a guy who sits for a while as he learns to play QB in the NFL.

X-Era
01-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Bradford wasn't.
Stafford wasn't.
Ryan wasn't.
Sanchez wasn't.
Roethlisberger wasn't.

Franchise rookies are starting right away these days. A project is a guy who sits for a while as he learns to play QB in the NFL.IMO, none of the guys on your list were top 5 year one so they still had room to grow. None outside of Roeth is top 10 right now.

I mean if the thought here is that you can have at top 10 QB starting his rookie year, I don't see the data for that.

Manning and Aikman were 3 and 13 in there first years.

Philagape
01-15-2011, 06:36 PM
IMO, none of the guys on your list were top 5 year one so they still had room to grow. None outside of Roeth is top 10 right now.

I mean if the thought here is that you can have at top 10 QB starting his rookie year, I don't see the data for that.

You completely missed the point.
Do you think a project is someone who won't be "top 5" in their rookie year? Nobody in my list is top 5 right now.
That's not what project means. I said what project means: Someone who can't start right away.

X-Era
01-15-2011, 06:54 PM
You completely missed the point.
Do you think a project is someone who won't be "top 5" in their rookie year? Nobody in my list is top 5 right now.
That's not what project means. I said what project means: Someone who can't start right away.Then we agree. But that's a vague term. I mean you could call Levi Brown a project. If we draft Blaine Gabbert and call him a project does that mean Brown = Gabbert? That's my problem with the term.

Ingtar33
01-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Bradford wasn't.
Stafford wasn't.
Ryan wasn't.
Sanchez wasn't.
Roethlisberger wasn't.

Franchise rookies are starting right away these days. A project is a guy who sits for a while as he learns to play QB in the NFL.

Stafford has looked worse then Shawn Hill thus far; when he's been healthy...

And I'd say Sanchez still IS a project. he's looked atrocious the 2nd half of the year, and he looked atrocious most of his rookie year.

unless you think a 70 QBR is a solid pro... i think Sanchez still has the stench of bust around him.

Philagape
01-15-2011, 07:29 PM
They were all drafted to be THE GUY ... start from day 1, which they did. That's what you want from a top-five pick.
Whether their careers turn out that way remains to be seen, and that wasn't the context of this line of conversation.
Back to what started that line, Newton does not fit that description. If the Bills drafted Newton, he would sit behind Fitz with his chances of someday becoming the franchise a total crap shoot.

tampabay25690
01-15-2011, 07:33 PM
As a Gator fan, I don't know how you can ignore Cams character issues. He would have been the starting QB for the Gators this year if not for his lack of character.

Add in the fact that there is question he will ever be able to read NFL defenses, or make NFL throws on a consistant basis, & there is plenty of reason to doubt he will ever amount to anything in the NFL.

Character issues or not the guy can play.
Do you know why he left Florida??? Probably not..
Well he left becasue he didn't feel like playing behind Tim Tebow another year.
Yea I know about the whole computer thing but besides that what charcater issues did he have???

Ingtar33
01-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Character issues or not the guy can play.
Do you know why he left Florida??? Probably not..
Well he left becasue he didn't feel like playing behind Tim Tebow another year.
Yea I know about the whole computer thing but besides that what charcater issues did he have???

he left Florida because he was going to be suspended for cheating on his tests (not for the theft)

Dr. Lecter
01-15-2011, 07:44 PM
IMO, none of the guys on your list were top 5 year one so they still had room to grow. None outside of Roeth is top 10 right now.

I would call Ryan top 10.

And Bradford will be next year or the year after.

X-Era
01-15-2011, 08:00 PM
I would call Ryan top 10.

And Bradford will be next year or the year after.I'd probably agree except that by QB rating he isn't.

He's a 1st round pick like most of the guys in the playoffs. He and the Falcons can make a point about what a franchise QB and an average defense can do.

Dr. Lecter
01-15-2011, 08:05 PM
I'd probably agree except that by QB rating he isn't.

He's a 1st round pick like most of the guys in the playoffs. He and the Falcons can make a point about what a franchise QB and an average defense can do.
QB rating is not how I measure QBs.

Figster
01-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Bradford wasn't.
Stafford wasn't.
Ryan wasn't.
Sanchez wasn't.
Roethlisberger wasn't.

Peyton Manning picked 1st overall, went 3-13 and threw 28 INT's (project)

Phillip Rivers picked 4th overall, 0 rookie starts (project)

Eli Manning picked 1st overall, 1 rookie start, pulled mid way and benched with a 0 passer rating (project)

Mike Vick picked 1st overall , 2 rookie starts, (project)

Troy Aikman picked 1st overall, rookie season 0-11, (project)

I could find a lot more project QB's picked in the top 5
Just because your a rookie starter it clearly doesn't mean your not a project

Philagape
01-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Peyton Manning picked 1st overall, went 3-13 and threw 28 INT's (project)

Phillip Rivers picked 4th overall, 0 rookie starts (project)

Eli Manning picked 1st overall, 1 rookie start, pulled mid way and benched with a 0 passer rating (project)

Mike Vick picked 1st overall , 2 rookie starts, (project)

Troy Aikman picked 1st overall, rookie season 0-11, (project)

I could find a lot more project QB's picked in the top 5

First, your definition of project is not the one generally understood in these contexts.

Second, it was claimed that "all rookie QBs are projects," and that's obviously not true even if your claim was.

Third, knowing who your boy is, you bringing up some of those QBs above is laughable. Yeah, Cam Newton is worthy of being in the same conversation as Peyton Manning :rofl:

X-Era
01-15-2011, 08:12 PM
QB rating is not how I measure QBs.How do you measure them then? Not that I disagree that Ryan is a top QB.

Philagape
01-15-2011, 08:13 PM
To clarify again .... a project is NOT someone who struggles his rookie year. It's someone who, because of his own lack of pro ability, requires a long period of development before he's ready to step on the field ... like, a season.
For example, someone who wouldn't even be ready to challenge Fitzpatrick for the job.

X-Era
01-15-2011, 08:17 PM
To clarify again .... a project is NOT someone who struggles his rookie year. It's someone who, because of his own lack of pro ability, requires a long period of development before he's ready to step on the field ... like, a season.
For example, someone who wouldn't even be ready to challenge Fitzpatrick for the job. I think there are a few who are a) overrating Fitzpatrick and b) underrating this prospect class.

I've said this many times: If you don't think Fitz can win you a Super Bowl, you better find someone who you think can.

Putting your teams fortunes in the "we can build a top 5 defense" basket asks more from the Bills FO than they are willing to give, IMO.

Philagape
01-15-2011, 08:19 PM
There is not one QB this year about whom I can say, "He's gonna win a Super Bowl!"

X-Era
01-15-2011, 08:21 PM
There is not one QB this year about whom I can say, "He's gonna win a Super Bowl!"Seriously?

Do you claim you knew even one prospect was going to win a Super Bowl before they were drafted?

Philagape
01-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Seriously?

Do you claim you knew even one prospect was going to win a Super Bowl before they were drafted?

That's what you said we "better find," in your words.

Figster
01-15-2011, 08:30 PM
For example, someone who wouldn't even be ready to challenge Fitzpatrick for the job.
All rookie QB's are still under development, learning a new offense, playing in a new league. (project)

To even refer to a top 5 pick rookie QB as non project is ludicrous and finding one who is successful his first season is rare. Your original post indicates just the opposite.

Philagape
01-15-2011, 08:32 PM
All rookie QB's are a projects still under development in my opinion.

To even refer to a top 5 pick rookie QB as non project is ludicrous and finding one who is successful his first season is rare. Your original post indicates just the opposite.

If "under development" is the definition, then all rookies at all positions are projects, in which case it makes no sense to call any of them projects, which is why that's not the definition.

X-Era
01-15-2011, 08:34 PM
That's what you said we "better find," in your words."better find" means do everything in your power for. The Bills have made it clear that they won't pay huge money in FA and plan to build through the draft.

That leaves one option for finding a franchise QB... the draft. We have the 3 pick and will likely have our choice of all the QB's. If none of these guys ends up being worthy of the 3 pick, I don't want us to reach. But if someone does end up worthy, on this team, with it's method, we should think long and hard about it.

And again, next year Fitz is a UFA. He, potentially has been our starting QB, chosen by Gailey, for almost 2 years. Why will he not command starting QB money? At 29 years old? And if we think his demands are too high we have what as a backup plan at that point? We could easily let him walk and have to start a rookie or journeyman and have to let that guy learn the offense on the field.

X-Era
01-15-2011, 08:35 PM
If "under development" is the definition, then all rookies at all positions are projects, in which case it makes no sense to call any of them projects, which is why that's not the definition.I actually agree with the thrust of this post. No rookie is proven in the NFL and all need development.

Philagape
01-15-2011, 08:36 PM
If none of these guys ends up being worthy of the 3 pick, I don't want us to reach.

That's the whole point. Took only a few pages for you to get there, that's progress!

X-Era
01-15-2011, 08:37 PM
That's the whole point. Took only a few pages for you to get there, that's progress!Do a search, I've been there all along.

Philagape
01-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Do a search, I've been there all along.

Yeah, I'm gonna search your posts. That's gonna happen.

Philagape
01-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Are you publishing a new Philgape Dictionary because the word project has a broad definition and not just the one that works for you.

All rookies coming into the NFL are projects in my opinion, especially If I'm their coach.

Then you don't have to go to the trouble of participating in discussions over who's a project and who's not. You're welcome!

X-Era
01-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Then you don't have to go to the trouble of participating in discussions over who's a project and who's not. You're welcome!Sweet, you agree that they are all projects. At least we won't have to hear about how player X at position Y is a given to make a huge impact from day one.

It's a crapshoot. Take the player that you feel has the best chance of making the biggest impact in the long run.

If the Bills decide that's a QB, fine. If they decide it's a DL, fine.

I want most bang for the buck.

Philagape
01-15-2011, 08:52 PM
You said we can't be stupid enough to draft a project player at 3rd

No, I did not.

Philagape
01-15-2011, 08:54 PM
I say all rookies are projects regardless, these guys are learning a new offense in a new league and it takes time to adjust,

Like I said, if that's your definition, then this discussion is pointless.

Philagape
01-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Oops, my bad

you just tried to defend the post

I disputed the assertion that all rookies are projects. If you think that, suit yourself.

psubills62
01-15-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't think this news seriously affects us as Bills fans. He's not worth the #3 pick, and I seriously doubt he's even on our radar. I see Newton being a decent backup, but nothing much better.

Figster
01-15-2011, 09:28 PM

Thanks for explaining, still kind of broad definition, but I understand where you're coming from. I could see some players being considered a project, and other players non project.

I still stand behind that argument that most NFL rookie QB's prospects are going to be considered projects. (just goes with the territory)

HHURRICANE
01-16-2011, 08:04 AM

Russell, Young all awesome in the NFL? And they looked better in college.

You are dead wrong here.

X-Era
01-16-2011, 09:11 AM

You are dead wrong here.I agree more with Tampa. Sure, he could be a bust, but he has looked very good in many games. I think too many are writing him off from one game where he played average. I think his QB skills are underrated.

better days
01-16-2011, 10:08 AM
I agree more with Tampa. Sure, he could be a bust, but he has looked very good in many games. I think too many are writing him off from one game where he played average. I think his QB skills are underrated.

I am writing him off on two games. The SEC Championship & the BCS Championship. While Newton won both games, he won neither with his ARM.

Aside from his character issues which are huge, I question if he can throw the Ball as well as Fitz, let alone read an NFL defense.

Newton has played in the shotgun, not under center just like Tebow. Just like Tebow he will require a lot of work to become an NFL QB. Tebow has the work ethic to put in that work, the question is does Newton?

Figster
01-16-2011, 10:19 AM
I agree more with Tampa. Sure, he could be a bust, but he has looked very good in many games. I think too many are writing him off from one game where he played average. I think his QB skills are underrated.

I agree, and very much so, I realize QB ratings aren't the know all, be all way of judging a QB, but you can't ignore Cam Newtons QB rating at 182,(.6 from being the best in the nation) nor his 30 TD's to only 6 INT's. On top of that Cam stretched the field more than any QB in the Nation with a Nation high 10.2 Yards a play passing average. Folks that's averaging out to a 1st down per play.

Newton's running style reminds me a little of OJ Simpson. Rarely will you find someone at 6-6, 250 lbs with the graceful, fluent moves, speed and cutting ability of Cam Newton. Even more rare will you find a runner with the touch on the football, accuracy, and arm strength of Newton.

The only two legit negative aspects to Newtons game are one, Cam has very little experience and two Cam Newton is not adapt at going through his reads/reading defenses and has a run first mentality. My answer to that is Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick are the best tutors you could ever find. Together they could turn Cam newton into a Championship caliber QB in my opinion.

Newtons raw talent will enable the Bills to use him on the wildcat and on 3rd and short yardage plays right from the get go, and the main reason why Cam newton is the perfect pick both short and long term for the Buffalo Bills.

Cam Newton is a rare individual in my opinion and could be one of the best football player/ athlete the nation has every seen. Cam might be a project under development but this project has the it factor and is capable of anything,

Even Bo knows...

Figster
01-16-2011, 10:28 AM
I am writing him off on two games. The SEC Championship & the BCS Championship. While Newton won both games, he won neither with his ARM.

Aside from his character issues which are huge, I question if he can throw the Ball as well as Fitz, let alone read an NFL defense.

Newton has played in the shotgun, not under center just like Tebow. Just like Tebow he will require a lot of work to become an NFL QB. Tebow has the work ethic to put in that work, the question is does Newton?

I've repeatedly posted this site Cam2Newton.com http://www.cam2newton.com/

See what Cams coaches and teammates say about his intelligence, work ethic, leadership and athleticism. (video/ off the field/ In the community)

X-Era
01-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Some more insight into what NFL personnel think on him:

-"He's significantly better than JaMarcus Russell and Vince Young (http://www.nfl.com/players/vinceyoung/profile?id=YOU617196) were for a lot of reasons," said one veteran personnel executive. "I'd put him somewhere in the (Steve) McNair, (Donovan) McNabb, (Josh) Freeman category. This kid showed more accuracy and better decision-making than Josh Freeman (http://www.nfl.com/players/joshfreeman/profile?id=FRE183259) did at (Kansas State), though in the end, Freeman might be more intelligent."

-"He's like McNabb, but McNabb's shorter. What you have here is a giant. He's 6-foot-6 and a lean 255 (pounds). He'll be hard to sack like those guys were. I don't know his smarts, he might be really intelligent, but I do think, like those three, even if he can't pick apart a defense, he can buy time with his feet. Coverages are only made to hold up for four seconds or so, so like those guys, he can make time to find the open guy. And this guy has those guys' leadership. I don't think Vince or JaMarcus had it. Teammates follow (Newton)."

I found this to be interesting:

-"As for those at Auburn, scouts have found reviews on Newton as a guy to read as "nothing but unbelievable. Not a prima donna. Not a (jerk) to anyone. He doesn't walk around like he's the Heisman Trophy winner. And I heard his work ethic is very good."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dab7d7/article/instantly-newton-is-most-intriguing-draft-prospect-of-2011

I'm telling you that he will be polarizing like Tebow but some NFL teams are going to love what they think he could be.

Extremebillsfan247
01-16-2011, 10:53 AM
We can't be stupid enough to take a project at 3?Don't be so sure. This is the Bills front office we are talking about. lol To suggest they wouldn't draft a guy at 3 just because of a project label would be giving them too much credit, even based on the last 2 drafts.

X-Era
01-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Don't be so sure. This is the Bills front office we are talking about. lol To suggest they wouldn't just because of a project label would be giving them too much credit, even based on the last 2 drafts.I think Gailey would be fine grooming a rook QB for the next year. I don't think that would play much of a part in selecting a QB at 3. I think they look at this as building a high quality team that can have sustained success over the long haul and a franchise QB could be a major part of that.

kelly2reed4six
01-16-2011, 10:57 AM
If he ends up here than I am convinced that the front office is just trying to sabotage the team.

amen!

Figster
01-16-2011, 11:33 AM
I think Gailey would be fine grooming a rook QB for the next year. I don't think that would play much of a part in selecting a QB at 3. I think they look at this as building a high quality team that can have sustained success over the long haul and a franchise QB could be a major part of that.

After Brian Brohms horrible performance in the last game of the season exposing the glaring lack of depth at the QB position, the need to draft a signal caller is evident. So as many have already posted it makes sense that If we go after a QB in the 2011 draft we go after the best QB available considering it is the most important position on a football team.

With that being said, its impossible to compare Cam Newtons accomplishments, his size, and athletic ability to other current QB draft prospects without Newton being near or at the top of the list in almost every category. Along with that, Cam Newtons star power is out the roof which should have Russ Brandon seeing $$$$$$$$ signs.

Nix commented that we will not draft for positional needs and Cam Newton fits the Bill...

Philagape
01-16-2011, 11:34 AM
you can't ignore Cam Newtons QB rating at 182,(.6 from being the best in the nation)

Well then I want Kellen Moore! Did he declare?

Figster
01-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Well then I want Kellen Moore! Did he declare?

Kellen Moore is a real good QB prospect, no doubt about it,

and no, he did not declare as far as I know,

better days
01-16-2011, 11:53 AM
I've repeatedly posted this site Cam2Newton.com http://www.cam2newton.com/

See what Cams coaches and teammates say about his intelligence, work ethic, leadership and athleticism. (video/ off the field/ In the community)

As a Gator fan, I can not overlook the fact Newton would have been the starting QB of the Gators this past year if not for his lack of character. And as I have said before, he has not shown me he can throw the ball as well as Fitz. The NFL is a passing league not a QB rushing league.

X-Era
01-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Kellen Moore is a real good QB prospect, no doubt about it,

and no, he did not declare as far as I know,I'm not a huge fan of how I think he projects to the NFL.

X-Era
01-16-2011, 12:30 PM
http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/NFL_Draft_News.html

"Will likely need a year to learn the ropes and adjust to playing under center in a pro-style offense, but is a better QB prospect than both Tim Tebow who was drafted with the 25th overall pick in the 2010 draft and Vince Young who was taken with the third-overall pick in the 2006 draft.

Is a sure-fire Top 10 overall pick, with a chance to come off the board within the first 3 picks in the draft due to his upside and the demand at the position, if he passes all the tests in the pre-draft scouting process which will put him under the microscope.

Highest Grade - Top 3 Pick."

tampabay25690
01-16-2011, 12:46 PM

You are dead wrong here.

Russell wasn't that great in College to be honest.
Far from dead wrong at all...
VY is a head case....

tampabay25690
01-16-2011, 12:49 PM
After Brian Brohms horrible performance in the last game of the season exposing the glaring lack of depth at the QB position, the need to draft a signal caller is evident. So as many have already posted it makes sense that If we go after a QB in the 2011 draft we go after the best QB available considering it is the most important position on a football team.

With that being said, its impossible to compare Cam Newtons accomplishments, his size, and athletic ability to other current QB draft prospects without Newton being near or at the top of the list in almost every category. Along with that, Cam Newtons star power is out the rough which should have Russ Brandon seeing $$$$$$$$ signs.

Nix commented that we will not draft for positional needs and Cam Newton fits the Bill...

I agree.
I think Cam will fit the style of the Bills better then Gabbert, or Mallett IMO.
Cam or Locker will be a guy the Bills will definitely look at........

Philagape
01-16-2011, 04:16 PM
I agree.
I think Cam will fit the style of the Bills better then Gabbert, or Mallett IMO.
Cam or Locker will be a guy the Bills will definitely look at........

I'd trade UP for Newton if it meant not considering Jake Losman :ill:

tampabay25690
01-16-2011, 06:24 PM
I'd trade UP for Newton if it meant not considering Jake Losman :ill:

Losman was never given the right system anyway..

Figster
01-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Should the Panthers take Cam Newton ? (Jan 14)

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/17768/should-panthers-take-cam-newton

Bill Cody
01-18-2011, 11:46 AM

how stupid