• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

My dream Draft

All,

Please review. I am trying to do this BPA meets impact. Also let me know if the round is way to high or low for a guy.

1 - Marcel Dareus - this guy is a stud nothing more to add
    2 - Martez Webster - look we need a lot of help in the front 7 and this guy is going to be a stud
    3 - KJ Wright - nice looking OLB prospect can compete for starting job this year. Also would give us some nice LB depth.
    4 - Tyler Sash & Ricky Stanzi (I would like to get Sash a lot, not sure on Stanzi would rather have Dalton but he will be long gone).
    5 - Karl Klug DE Iowa (this guy is another Kyle Williams that will play DE for us) Pernell McPhee is another possibility
    6 - Mario Harvey ILB Marshall
    7 - Joe Barksdale played LT at LSU will compete for our RT spot

Our DL would consist of the following
    1 Troup
    2 Williams
    3 Carrington
    4 Dareus
    5 Klug
    6 Johnson

Our LB (Gailey said he wants a lot LBs for flexibility and special teams, could remove Torbor and Davis to make 10)
    7 Kelsay
    8 Poz (sounds like he will be back and bills want him back)
    9 Webster
    10 Merriman
    11 Harvey
    12 Wright
    13 Harvey
    14 Torbor
    15 Moats
    16 Batten
    17 Davis
    18 Coleman

Our QB
    19 Fitz
    20 Stanzi
    21 Brown

Our OL
    22 Bell
    23 Levitre
    24 Wood
    25 Urbik
    26 Howard
    27 Hang
    28 Rinehart
    29 Barksdale

CB
    30 McGee
    31 McKelvin
    32 Florence (needs to come back)
    33 Corner

DB
    34 Wilson (needs to come back)
    35 Bryd
    36 Sash
    37 Scott

WR/TE
    38 Evans
    39 Johnson
    40 Parrish
    41 Nelson
    42 Easley
    43 Jones
    44 Stupar
    45 Chandler
    46 Nelson

RB
    47 Spiller
    48 Jackson
    49 McInyter
    50 UDFA

This leaves us with 50 players so looking at this roster I could definitely see another OL, CB, and a DB.
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: My dream Draft

I don't like the Dareus pick because IMO, if you are taking a DL in the top 5 he MUST be a pass rusher.

Suh was chosen #2 because of his ability to pass rush same with McCoy. If those guys didn't get as many sacks as they did and be as disruptive they would not have been selected in the top 5.

Bowers and Fairley are better value.

Comment

• Bangarang
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Mahdi
      I don't like the Dareus pick because IMO, if you are taking a DL in the top 5 he MUST be a pass rusher.

Suh was chosen #2 because of his ability to pass rush same with McCoy. If those guys didn't get as many sacks as they did and be as disruptive they would not have been selected in the top 5.

Bowers isn't explosive enough for my liking. I think he'll bust in the NFL.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Bangarang
        Bowers isn't explosive enough for my liking. I think he'll bust in the NFL.
        Not explosive enough? This guy made a living in the backfield. He is not Robert Mathis quick but he is definitely explosive and also brings size and strength.

Comment

• Bangarang
          • Sep 2010

Not explosive enough? This guy made a living in the backfield. He is not Robert Mathis quick but he is definitely explosive and also brings size and strength.
          Just not a fan of his first step. He may end up a very good pro in the NFL. Who knows?

Comment

• tomz
            • Feb 2007

In the third, Luke Stocker would be interesting if still available. He's a tight end who can do both functions decently.

For now, I agree with Bangarang at this point on Bowers: the little bit of video on the web suggests he is a one-move, speed guy. In no highlight that I have seen (admittedly, somewhat limited) did he bull bullrush, use leverage or us an inside move. Having a little variety in this regard is why, for example, Orakpo, had rapid impact.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

in a 3-4 base the pass rush comes from the lbers. We need run stuffers at DL on both 3-4 and 4-3 and I believe Dareus can on both defensive schemes.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                in a 3-4 base the pass rush comes from the lbers. We need run stuffers at DL on both 3-4 and 4-3 and I believe Dareus can on both defensive schemes.
                I agree. The pass rush does come from the LBs. But you don't waste a top 3 pick on a run stuffer.

Look around the league at the top 3-4 defenses and tell me how many DEs are top 3 or even top 15 draftees. The only DL players I would select to play DE are players that can provide an interior pass rush as Seymour did. They would be Fairley and Bowers.

All that being said I like our DL... Carrington, Troup, KW, Stroud, Johnson and don't forget Dewan Edwards was having a great season.

At #3 we must take a player who is either a QB, pass rusher, LT or shut down CB or some incredible ILB prospect which doesn't exist, same for LT.

That leaves QB, pass rusher, shutdown CB.

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

Well you still need a kicker, punter and long snapper so that would take up your last 3 spots. I don't think there's anyway we carry 12 LB's and only 8 DB's.

I also don't think that we're going to cut Wang after only one season and they probably won't and shouldn't cut Dwan Edwards.

Plus this roster assumes that we don't sign any free agents. That's highly unlikely.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                    • Jul 2005

Dude Dareus can rush the passer and that would allow us to use some 8 man drops. He got 11.5 sacks in 2 years as a 34 end, what more could you want.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ed
                      Well you still need a kicker, punter and long snapper so that would take up your last 3 spots. I don't think there's anyway we carry 12 LB's and only 8 DB's.

I also don't think that we're going to cut Wang after only one season and they probably won't and shouldn't cut Dwan Edwards.

Plus this roster assumes that we don't sign any free agents. That's highly unlikely.
                      True I did forget edwards, Wang, Lindell, Moorman, Sanbor. Def cut Torbor Davis.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DesertFox24
                        Dude Dareus can rush the passer and that would allow us to use some 8 man drops. He got 11.5 sacks in 2 years as a 34 end, what more could you want.
                        I could want a lot more.

Dareus had 5 sacks, 33 tackles, 11 TFL.

Bowers had 16 sacks, 67 tackles, 25 TFL

Fairley had 12 sacks, 56 tackles, 24 TFL.

Those are big differences. For me, Bowers and Fairley are more disruptive and better pure pass rushers. If I want a run defender I can get one later in the draft and not pay him 50 mil.
                        Last edited by Mahdi; 01-14-2011, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                          • Feb 2009

I could want a lot more.

Those are big differences. For me, Bowers and Fairley are more disruptive and better pure pass rushers. If I want a run defender I can get one later in the draft and not pay him 50 mil.
                          But only one played a 5 tech in a 3-4, that's a monster difference. Also, the best team of this decade felt it was worthy to draft 5 tech's early an often. Both Seymore and Ty Warren were drafted in the top 14 and both helped New England win a superbowl

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WeAreArthurMoates
                            But only one played a 5 tech in a 3-4, that's a monster difference. Also, the best team of this decade felt it was worthy to draft 5 tech's early an often. Both Seymore and Ty Warren were drafted in the top 14 and both helped New England win a superbowl
                            Good point. New England did draft Seymour high. But he was a very disruptive player.

Warren was picked 14th so there is more flexibility with that pick.

I don't agree that Dareus playing 3-4 DE makes him more valuable or more likely to be chosen. You pick the best player not the guy who plays your scheme, especially at 3.

Dareus may be a better pass rusher than I am giving him credit for but I think Bowers and Fairley are much better pass rushers and that is where the value is when you are picking in the top 3.

Don't forget we invested heavily at the DE/DT position. Edwards, Troup, Carrington.
                            Last edited by Mahdi; 01-14-2011, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

I could want a lot more.

You're ignoring their scheme and what each player was asked to do, to try and make your point work. How is that fair or make your point at all relevant?
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X