PDA

View Full Version : Gauging the fans animosity: Jets, Dolphins or Pats

trapezeus
01-14-2011, 02:07 PM
In my Brady thread, a lot of people were anti-Jets, moreso than the patriots. That shocked me. So a little poll to clear up the hate.

If you are allowed to only hate one AFC East team with all your might, who do you select?

My thought was that we all stood in solidarity with our hate against the Pats. With all the loses, all the embarassments, the bledsoe trade, the taping scandals,the fact they continuously get top round picks and get studs in return, i didn't think people hated another AFC East team more right now.

I was born in the late 70's and i remember the hate for the dolphins, but we won all the important games in my lifetime. So i hate them, but they don't make my blood boil. plus they've always had traveling fans. the patriots traveling fans is still a new thing. It's the bandwagon-ness of the patriots that drives me crazy. If i could find one patriot fan with an actual three point stance logo in their clothes, i'd be more impressed with their "lifelong fandom".

The Jets are hardly a factor. When we're good, we beat them and lose to them, when we're bad we tend to split. Plus they are just as cursed as we are. When they are great, they still find a way to lose.

LtFinFan66
01-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Jets

bf1
01-14-2011, 02:10 PM
jets right now

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Jets right now because they are talking out their asses.

Previously it would have been the Pats but damn they are just such a good team and have kicked our asses so many times there is nothing I can do but give them respect, and hope we can one day beat them!

RockStar36
01-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Jets right now. I've never really hated the Pats, or at least not for the past 5 years or so. They're just really good and until the Bills can compete with them, I'm ambivalent to the whole thing. The Jets are flat out annoying because they run their mouth and haven't won a thing. That and The Sanchize is an awful ****ing QB.

TedMock
01-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Miami is the rival. When both teams come around again, they will be the hated phins again. I have always looked at them as the team to hate. The Pats and Jets hate eachother. I feel like a 3rd wheel getting in on that. I dislike both teams and I dislike players from both teams, but I have to admit - Although different, I love Belichick and I love Rex Ryan. I love both their approaches. I think I would like Sporano as a position coach or a coordinator, but I'm not big on him as a head coach. Time will tell on Chan. I think he's taking the right steps overall, but still has a lot of work to do. Learn how to play, learn how to compete, learn how to win, learn how to win consistently.

Forward_Lateral
01-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Dolphins.

Ickybaluky
01-14-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't really hate any of them.

Beebe's Kid
01-14-2011, 02:22 PM
:squish:

Prov401
01-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Pats. I'm surrounded by Pat fans here in New England, and it's terrible. And slightly embarrassing that my team hasn't beaten them in 8 years.

RockStar36
01-14-2011, 02:38 PM
If the NFL was smart, the Bills would be put in a division with Pittsburgh and Cleveland. That would generate instant rivalries because the cities are so close. This whole Miami thing is dead.

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2011, 02:54 PM
If the NFL was smart, the Bills would be put in a division with Pittsburgh and Cleveland. That would generate instant rivalries because the cities are so close. This whole Miami thing is dead.
I would love that SOOOO MUCH.

justasportsfan
01-14-2011, 03:16 PM
don't like the pats because they own us.
don't like the Fins because I lived in Fla.
don't like the jets because Ryan is an ass.

Novacane
01-14-2011, 03:22 PM
10 years ago my level of hate list would have been 1. Dolphins 2. Jets 3. Pats. Now it is 1. Pats 2. Phins 3. Jets

ParanoidAndroid
01-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Same.

DraftBoy
01-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Always will be Miami.

thesquirrelking
01-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I'll always have a special hatred in my heart for the Phins, but the rivalry just hasn't been the same since both teams have pretty much sucked for the last decade or so.

The Dolphins owned us so bad for the entire 70's. But now that the Patriots are on the verge of doing something similar, my dislike for them is right up there.

naugem
01-14-2011, 03:43 PM
The Pats, even more so since the cheating stuff came out and the league did basically nothing about it.
Even my wife hates them, and she isn't even a football fan.

The Giants gained a lot of sympathy from me when they beat them in the SB and ruined their perfect season. That still brings a smile to my face.

The Phins are non-factors, Ryan is a loudmouth, but Belichick's arrogance is much more annoying IMO.

Ingtar33
01-14-2011, 03:48 PM
fins... i just can't stop hating them

Bufftp
01-14-2011, 04:00 PM
fins. I became a Bills fan in the late 60's as a young kid, and the scars are still there.

Michael82
01-14-2011, 04:06 PM
I will always hate the Dolphins, but the Patriots have definitely taken over my hatred lately. They have owned the Bills and beaten us ever since that 31-0 payback at the end of the 2003 season. I never used to hate them that much, but seeing how they own us now pretty much makes my blood boil. I can't stand Tom Brady or Bill Belichick. I hate how arrogant they both are. Sure they aren't loud and obnoxious like Rex Ryan, but you can tell they are smug *******s and really just hiding how much they laugh at teams like the Bills when the locker room door is closed. :ill:

Night Train
01-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Where is " All Of The Above " ?

SquishDaFish
01-14-2011, 04:25 PM
I live in NE so its the Pats. I hate that cheating POS team

LarryBoy
01-14-2011, 04:36 PM
I hate them all...though the Jets more so because they are classless...you'd think they were the one who whooped the Pats week 13, not the other way around.

Is it wrong for me to root for the jet this weekend? The one that crashes into the stadium taking out the Pats and the Jets???

Michael82
01-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Oh and don't forget the fact that they have the refs in their back pocket, get all the calls, were caught cheating, and are smug bastards! :mad:

EricStratton
01-14-2011, 05:56 PM
I always put them in Pats, Fish Jets order then I moved to Jersey and the new look Rex Ryan Jets have vaulted over the competition.

I can't imagine a worse fanbase then the Jets who live in Jersey.

ServoBillieves
01-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Steelers.

Sorry, I live in Pittsburgh.

I'd have to go.... Jets now, Patriots second, too young to really hate the Fish. Ryan's a moron, Brady's a sissy, and Henne is too easy to make fun of.

HAMMER
01-14-2011, 06:03 PM
The Bills biggest rival is, and will always be the Dolphins.

Bravo82
01-14-2011, 06:04 PM
I've never understood the Miami hate.

Pats are my most hated team by a mile.

YardRat
01-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Patriot and Jet hatred is skin deep.

Dolphin hatred goes right to the bone.

Ed
01-14-2011, 06:09 PM
I agree. When the league re-aligned to form 4 divisions per conference, the Bills should have been put in the AFC North with Pitt, Cleveland, and Cincy. Baltimore should have taken our place in the East. That would have been an overall better situation for the Bills, but Ralph faught for us to stay in the East because of our big rivalry with the Dolphins, which is like you said, pretty much dead.

Ed
01-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Oh yeah, I used to hate the Dolphins the most, but the past couple years I find myself hating the Jets the most due to their fans, players, and coach.

Extremebillsfan247
01-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Dolphins, always has been, always will be. JMO

better days
01-14-2011, 08:48 PM
I agree. When the league re-aligned to form 4 divisions per conference, the Bills should have been put in the AFC North with Pitt, Cleveland, and Cincy. Baltimore should have taken our place in the East. That would have been an overall better situation for the Bills, but Ralph faught for us to stay in the East because of our big rivalry with the Dolphins, which is like you said, pretty much dead.

I would not say it is dead. It is just lying dormant until both the Bills & Fins are good again.

OpIv37
01-14-2011, 08:55 PM
The Fish are our traditional rival, and in the 90's with Kelly and Marino, it was a great rivalry.

But now, the only rivalry between us and the Fish is who's gonna end up in the basement of the AFCE. Wow, they beat us twice last year when we were 6-10. We beat them twice in a season where they ended up 1-15 and out of the playoffs, and we ended up 7-9 and out of the playoffs. How intense!

It's hard to generate any animosity towards them when the games are so meaningless. Meanwhile, the Patriots have been kicking our ass for the overwhelming majority of the last decade. A loss or two could **** up their playoff positions. And even during the 1990's, I had some respect for Shula and Marino, even though I hated them. Bellicheck and Brady (and most of NE's team) are complete ****ing *****s and they have terrible fans and do not deserve their level of success. It is so much easier to hate them than it is to hate the Fins or Jets.

Bufftp
01-14-2011, 09:15 PM
I've never understood the Miami hate.

you were obviously not raised right, I blame your parents. ;)

THRILLHO
01-14-2011, 11:13 PM
The Dolphins have not been good enough to hate for a while.

The last few years it has been the Pats, but they are just so damn good, you almost have to respect them.

The Jets need to die. They talk and talk and talk, have so much drama, and are doing well with a young QB, they are number one on my list. I was SO bummed when they did not lose vs the Colts (notice how I did not say they won). I am rooting for the Pats to beat them this week.

Billz_fan
01-15-2011, 01:48 AM
For right now it's the Jets. At first I thought Rex was alright. He has taken it to another dimension. He needs to shut his team and himself up. Hopefully they get creamed by someone and they take a different course. I doubt it though. My vote for now is NY. The fins have become irrelevant and I live in NE so I actually enjoy hating on them. The Jets just piss me off. :laughter:

chernobylwraiths
01-15-2011, 07:36 AM
It used to be the Dolphins and, if they ever get better again, it might be again. But they are just not that good and haven't been very good for quite some time. It felt really good to turn the tables on them during the superbowl years, but I really just feel the hate that I used to towards them anymore.

Now it is the Patriots followed by the Jets. Nothing irritates me more than arrogance and those two teams seem to have that in spades. That happens when you are winning and when the Bills were winning, I'm sure many other teams' fans felt the same way towards them.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-15-2011, 08:15 AM
http://www.foodiggity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/dolphin_sushi.jpg

better days
01-15-2011, 08:32 AM
The Dolphins have not been good enough to hate for a while.

The last few years it has been the Pats, but they are just so damn good, you almost have to respect them.

The Jets need to die. They talk and talk and talk, have so much drama, and are doing well with a young QB, they are number one on my list. I was SO bummed when they did not lose vs the Colts (notice how I did not say they won). I am rooting for the Pats to beat them this week.

I don't understand how you can have any respect for a team that won its Superbowls by cheating. That is the reason I hate them. Not because they won, but because they did not win fairly.

THRILLHO
01-15-2011, 08:47 AM
I don't understand how you can have any respect for a team that won its Superbowls by cheating. That is the reason I hate them. Not because they won, but because they did not win fairly.

I respect them for what they have done this season, Brady is putting up monster numbers. Plus, I really, really want them to beat the Jets. Anyone that beats the Jets is in line for a bit of respect from me.

Canadian'eh!
01-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Bills.

Ed
01-15-2011, 11:21 AM
I would not say it is dead. It is just lying dormant until both the Bills & Fins are good again.
Yeah I don't think it's completely dead. Since it's still a division game there will always at least be a small rivalry there, but it won't ever be like the 90's with Kelly and Marino.

imbondz
01-15-2011, 11:24 AM
The Patriots are the most successful franchise in the AFCEast. They are my most hated team hands down. I hate the Dolphins. Hate the Jets. But I despise the Patsies. The other two teams piss me off. The Patsies make me physically ill. lol.

better days
01-15-2011, 11:26 AM
I respect them for what they have done this season, Brady is putting up monster numbers. Plus, I really, really want them to beat the Jets. Anyone that beats the Jets is in line for a bit of respect from me.

To each his own. I do not care that Rex talks all the time. I want him & the Jets to beat the crap out of Brady & the Pats. Then I want the Steelers to beat whoever wins today.

BertSquirtgum
01-15-2011, 12:25 PM
i want ralph to sell the team to jim kelly

Discotrish
01-17-2011, 06:44 AM
The Jets aren't the only team that tries to trip players:

Sal Alosi, the New York Jets strength and conditioning coach, tripped a Miami Dolphins player after ordering his players to form tripping wall in Week 14. When the NFL met with the team as part of its investigation, special teams coach Mike Westhoff claimed that other teams, including the New England Patriots, do similar sideline wall tactics.

On Sunday, Jay Glazer of Fox Sports showed video evidence of the Patriots forming a wall on the sideline during a punt return against the Jets in Week 2. Glazer pointed out that the last guy in the line of players attempts to trip a Jets player.

He also reported that the Jets found out about the Patriots strategy when a player they signed off the New England practice-squad, Shawn Crable, told them.

Pats' Playbook Includes Tripping (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/16/patriots-tripping-wall-jets_n_809722.html)

Patti

Dujek
01-17-2011, 08:30 AM
The Patriots, until we finally manage to beat them again. Then I'll go back to hating the Fins more.