PDA

View Full Version : Did we seriously just lose to the Islanders?

OpIv37
01-16-2011, 12:52 AM
**** it. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

I hope all this talk about Pegula is for real, because if it is, struggles for this team right now will make us better in the long run.

This team is ****ing GARBAGE, and it will take losses like this for Pegula to realize it.

I'm all for wholesale changes. The NHL is not the NFL and there are consequences to cutting players, but the more change, the better. A good start would be NOT re-signing ANYONE affiliated with the current team. I want to see a salary dump starting with the trade deadline, so we can start over. If some other team is willing to eat a salary for a 6th round draft pick at the deadline, TAKE IT. Keep Miller, Myers, Ennis and maybe 2 or 3 more and move on from there.

It's time for a new strategy and a new era, because Quinn and Golisano have brought us nothing but disappointment. If we don't get change now, we'll fall into the Buffalo Bills trap: supporting the owner for bringing/protecting the team despite an utter lack of results. It's nonsense, and as fans, we shouldn't have to take it.

G Wolly
01-16-2011, 01:33 AM
You should just copy and paste your posts to save time.

Just sayin'

OpIv37
01-16-2011, 01:37 AM
You should just copy and paste your posts to save time.

Just sayin'

Don't blame me. Blame the team for pulling the same ****ing nonsense over and over again.

Yeah, pretty much every post I've made about the Sabres since Briere and Drury were allowed to walk has had the same basic theme, but that's because the team hasn't gotten any ****ing better since then.

Don't shoot the messenger. The blame isn't on me. It's on the Sabres' FO for doing nothing to remedy this situation except making insufficient PR moves.

G Wolly
01-16-2011, 01:47 AM
I'm not blaming you for anything, or disagreeing with one word.

Just lookin' out for you :up:

Same ol' problems, no solution.

I got you.

DMBcrew36
01-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Islanders have been hot the past two months. The Sabres definitely aren't great, but the Islanders have been playing some great hockey.

trapezeus
01-16-2011, 11:33 AM
its just sickening that they can't win 3 games in a row and reiger, quinn want you to believe we are close. we've missed the playoffs for 3 of 4 years and they think we are close to being a championship team.

the teams that were close to being a championship team were the ones ACTUALLY CLOSE TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

The longer it takes for Pegula to be announced makes me know it can't happen. it is impossible for a buffalo team to get a single break like a $3bn man who wants to win at all costs and knows his own limitations.

HE really needs to get in there before the draft deadline because you know...you just know that reiger will not trade anyone away for young prospects at this point. Which is weird because the sabres love pitching prospects as the answer to all their problems.

Ebenezer
01-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Did Op seriously just say seriously?

JD
01-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Op, chill.. just be glad we dont play them again this year! Wait.. WE PLAY THEM TWICE IN THE NEXT WEEK!

Better lottery odds :posrep:

SkateZilla
01-17-2011, 12:34 PM
we technically lost to Tavares

G Wolly
01-17-2011, 02:39 PM
we technically lost to Tavares

And Matt Moulson, and Michael Grabner, and Blake Comeau, and Rick DiPietro.