PDA

View Full Version : Interesting quote by Eric Moulds

mchurchfie
09-06-2002, 10:03 PM
On Empire tonight, Eric Moulds had an interesting comment, in reference to last year's offense, where they had to run the designated pattern no matter what. He said that him and the other receivers used to refer to it as "running to get covered".

shelby
09-06-2002, 10:10 PM
dang! That explains a lot....
:lol:

thanks mchurch;)

mchurchfie
09-06-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by shelby
dang! That explains a lot....
:lol:

thanks mchurch;)

Hey Shelby, we'll miss yuh tomorrow!! I will make sure that we hoist a cold one in the air and salute you where ever you may be:cheers:

vmark11
09-07-2002, 02:49 AM
I guess that's good to hear. Mike Shephard was obviously no Bill Walsh, but I can only take so much of the "lets blame the previous year's coaching staff" routine year in and year out. My personal favorite was when Moulds said after the Steelers game that they were always lining him up on "either the left or the right".....Gee really Eric? Where do the Colts line up Marvin Harrison, directly over center? I just hope a year from now, we're not posting on a similar thread talking about how Gilbride didn't give us a chance. It's about time the players on this offense take some of the responsibility themselves.

Judge
09-07-2002, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
On Empire tonight, Eric Moulds had an interesting comment, in reference to last year's offense, where they had to run the designated pattern no matter what. He said that him and the other receivers used to refer to it as "running to get covered".

Sure- that's because RJ wouldn't know how to find the WR's unless they were right on the pass routes. He was lost enough out there w/o adding difficulty.

don137
09-07-2002, 06:56 AM
It shows you how much faith they had in the offense last year. I think there are some great leaders in every area on offense (Ruben on the OL, Moulds at WR, Bledsoe at QB and Centers at RB).

Cntrygal
09-08-2002, 11:10 PM
WELCOME vmark11!!!! :)

Rebecky
09-08-2002, 11:24 PM
Gilbride is showing that he can read the field and outcoach the opposition's D -- I think the players respect him.

LABillsFan
09-08-2002, 11:31 PM
The timing between Bledsoe and the receivers will only get better as the season progresses. It should be fun to watch.