X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Do you think Moss would've made a difference yesterday

I tend to think so. Yesterday the Jets let Revis and Cromartie stayed on islands one on one, brought a safety down to take out the middle short pass area, and Brady all of sudden finds no place to throw the ball.

If Moss can beat CB one-on-one, which I think at this satge he can still do, it just might give the Brday boy some more options - he did have a lot of time in the pocket there.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Do you think Moss would've made a difference yesterday

Does Moss make the difference? No

But "the hand" would've made the difference.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

If NE's WRs don't drop 2 TDs, it doesn't matter.

Comment

• zone
        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
        • Oct 2003

Who cares, it was awesome to watch Brady get destroyed. I hate the Jets, but not as much as I hate Tom Brady and the Cheatriots.
        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• lmcshadow
          • Nov 2007

Can I get a whaaat Whaaat.
          The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
            If NE's WRs don't drop 2 TDs, it doesn't matter.
            My point is that Belichick thought he could win without Moss, much like he thought he could win without Seymore last year and he wants to get something for them.

He did, he did get something for them, but he did not win it all. As much as coaching genius and etc., you still need talent, especially in playoff. Everyone says Belichick plays the draft perfect so he has multiple top 60 draft picks, you need to hit a jackpot to win it all. He hit one square on Tom Brady, but he has yet to hit another.

Maybe it's Bills turn to hit one now since the last one we got was in 1983.

Comment

• dog14787
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
              My point is that Belichick thought he could win without Moss, much like he thought he could win without Seymore last year and he wants to get something for them.

He did, he did get something for them, but he did not win it all. As much as coaching genius and etc., you still need talent, especially in playoff. Everyone says Belichick plays the draft perfect so he has multiple top 60 draft picks, you need to hit a jackpot to win it all. He hit one square on Tom Brady, but he has yet to hit another.

Maybe it's Bills turn to hit one now since the last one we got was in 1983.
              The credit goes to Rex Ryan for out coaching what could be the best coach the NFL has ever seen. In my opinion with the release of Moss the patriots became less one dimensional and began distributing the ball much more evenly. The popular consensus is Randy Moss has lost a step, which seems to be the case.

5 years ago, yes, Moss could have made a difference, now, no he would not, not in my opinion.
              Last edited by Figster; 01-17-2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

If it makes Belichek look bad, hell yeah, it cost them the game!!!

Comment

• tomz
                  • Feb 2007

I was thinking that they needed Moss or another large, go-to receiver as they approached the end-zone several times. The Jets were all over the tight-ends--covering over and under--late in the game.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Moss would have been a distraction and maybe taken plays off so who knows. The Pats have decided to make their TE's more of a target in their scheme which made Moss expendable.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                      I tend to think so. Yesterday the Jets let Revis and Cromartie stayed on islands one on one, brought a safety down to take out the middle short pass area, and Brady all of sudden finds no place to throw the ball.

If Moss can beat CB one-on-one, which I think at this satge he can still do, it just might give the Brday boy some more options - he did have a lot of time in the pocket there.
                      Well yeah, he was their only viable deep threat. He is also someone that would have drawn heavy attention by Revis. That opens up other threats like Branch and Welker. Then with as well as guys like Woodhead and Gronkowski were playing, it would have been a tough offense to defend against. JMO

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

I don't think Moss would've made a difference for them yesterday, because I think Moss is done.

However, its clear as day their top priority in this next draft will be finding a WR who can stretch the field.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

I think they need a rb more than a wr.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I think he would have made a difference. NE currently doesn't have anybody that can stretch the field like Moss can, even if he isn't being thrown to.

Belicheat was a dumbass, also, for benching Welker for his comments. If Wes is on the field for that first drive, IMO they score and it's a completely different ball game.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DynaPaul
                              • Sep 2003

I think he would have. Moss takes the top off the defense. With his speed and height they would have needed to drop one of those safeties back thus opening up the middle more. The Pats have holes though. They need a real running back too because little Danny Woodhead just ain't getting it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X