PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Moss would've made a difference yesterday

ghz in pittsburgh
01-17-2011, 07:22 AM
I tend to think so. Yesterday the Jets let Revis and Cromartie stayed on islands one on one, brought a safety down to take out the middle short pass area, and Brady all of sudden finds no place to throw the ball.

If Moss can beat CB one-on-one, which I think at this satge he can still do, it just might give the Brday boy some more options - he did have a lot of time in the pocket there.

DraftBoy
01-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Does Moss make the difference? No

But "the hand" would've made the difference.

Forward_Lateral
01-17-2011, 07:33 AM
If NE's WRs don't drop 2 TDs, it doesn't matter.

zone
01-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Who cares, it was awesome to watch Brady get destroyed. I hate the Jets, but not as much as I hate Tom Brady and the Cheatriots.

lmcshadow
01-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Can I get a whaaat Whaaat.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-17-2011, 09:50 AM
If NE's WRs don't drop 2 TDs, it doesn't matter.

My point is that Belichick thought he could win without Moss, much like he thought he could win without Seymore last year and he wants to get something for them.

He did, he did get something for them, but he did not win it all. As much as coaching genius and etc., you still need talent, especially in playoff. Everyone says Belichick plays the draft perfect so he has multiple top 60 draft picks, you need to hit a jackpot to win it all. He hit one square on Tom Brady, but he has yet to hit another.

Maybe it's Bills turn to hit one now since the last one we got was in 1983.

Figster
01-17-2011, 09:59 AM
My point is that Belichick thought he could win without Moss, much like he thought he could win without Seymore last year and he wants to get something for them.

He did, he did get something for them, but he did not win it all. As much as coaching genius and etc., you still need talent, especially in playoff. Everyone says Belichick plays the draft perfect so he has multiple top 60 draft picks, you need to hit a jackpot to win it all. He hit one square on Tom Brady, but he has yet to hit another.

Maybe it's Bills turn to hit one now since the last one we got was in 1983.

The credit goes to Rex Ryan for out coaching what could be the best coach the NFL has ever seen. In my opinion with the release of Moss the patriots became less one dimensional and began distributing the ball much more evenly. The popular consensus is Randy Moss has lost a step, which seems to be the case.

5 years ago, yes, Moss could have made a difference, now, no he would not, not in my opinion.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-17-2011, 10:02 AM
If it makes Belichek look bad, hell yeah, it cost them the game!!!

tomz
01-17-2011, 10:22 AM
I was thinking that they needed Moss or another large, go-to receiver as they approached the end-zone several times. The Jets were all over the tight-ends--covering over and under--late in the game.

justasportsfan
01-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Moss would have been a distraction and maybe taken plays off so who knows. The Pats have decided to make their TE's more of a target in their scheme which made Moss expendable.

Extremebillsfan247
01-17-2011, 01:51 PM
I tend to think so. Yesterday the Jets let Revis and Cromartie stayed on islands one on one, brought a safety down to take out the middle short pass area, and Brady all of sudden finds no place to throw the ball.

If Moss can beat CB one-on-one, which I think at this satge he can still do, it just might give the Brday boy some more options - he did have a lot of time in the pocket there.
Well yeah, he was their only viable deep threat. He is also someone that would have drawn heavy attention by Revis. That opens up other threats like Branch and Welker. Then with as well as guys like Woodhead and Gronkowski were playing, it would have been a tough offense to defend against. JMO

patmoran2006
01-17-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't think Moss would've made a difference for them yesterday, because I think Moss is done.

However, its clear as day their top priority in this next draft will be finding a WR who can stretch the field.

justasportsfan
01-17-2011, 02:54 PM
I think they need a rb more than a wr.

YardRat
01-17-2011, 05:07 PM
I think he would have made a difference. NE currently doesn't have anybody that can stretch the field like Moss can, even if he isn't being thrown to.

Belicheat was a dumbass, also, for benching Welker for his comments. If Wes is on the field for that first drive, IMO they score and it's a completely different ball game.

DynaPaul
01-17-2011, 08:42 PM
I think he would have. Moss takes the top off the defense. With his speed and height they would have needed to drop one of those safeties back thus opening up the middle more. The Pats have holes though. They need a real running back too because little Danny Woodhead just ain't getting it done.

Ickybaluky
01-18-2011, 08:01 AM
No, I don't think Moss would have made a difference. The Jets outplayed them and deserved to win. People make things out to be more complicated than they are, but in the end it comes down to executing in given situations throughout the game. The Jets simply played better.

I think it the Jets showed more poise than the Pats. There were several critical situations where the Pats didn't execute and the Jets did. The fake punt, a couple dropped balls, Mankins stupid penalty. Perhaps it was their overall youth showing, but in the end the Jets got the job done. Props to them.

I think the Pats future is pretty bright. They have had two strong drafts in a row to stockpile good players, and have good position in this upcoming draft. They have a couple pretty critical needs. They need to improve at OLB, preferably a guy who can play 3 downs and rush the passer. They need to make re-signing Mankins a priority. They need to continue to re-stock their OL and DL. They need another RB, with Taylor, Morris and Faulk all being FA and being at the end of the line.

On to the offseason!

better days
01-18-2011, 08:08 AM
What is the point of this? Moss is not a Pat. Would Brady or Payton Manning have made a difference on the Bills? I think so.

better days
01-18-2011, 08:15 AM
No, I don't think Moss would have made a difference. The Jets outplayed them and deserved to win. People make things out to be more complicated than they are, but in the end it comes down to executing in given situations throughout the game. The Jets simply played better.

I think it the Jets showed more poise than the Pats. There were several critical situations where the Pats didn't execute and the Jets did. The fake punt, a couple dropped balls, Mankins stupid penalty. Perhaps it was their overall youth showing, but in the end the Jets got the job done. Props to them.

I think the Pats future is pretty bright. They have had two strong drafts in a row to stockpile good players, and have good position in this upcoming draft. They have a couple pretty critical needs. They need to improve at OLB, preferably a guy who can play 3 downs and rush the passer. They need to make re-signing Mankins a priority. They need to continue to re-stock their OL and DL. They need another RB, with Taylor, Morris and Faulk all being FA and being at the end of the line.

On to the offseason!

It will be interesting to see if Mankins resigns with them. He was pretty upset that he did not get the contract extension last year. I think it will take more money this year to sign him than it would have last year because of that.

I agree that the Pats had a good draft but Brady is getting older every year. He looked very human in that game. The Giants showed everyone how to beat Brady & the Jets reiterated it in that game, put pressure on him.

Ickybaluky
01-18-2011, 08:42 AM
I agree that the Pats had a good draft but Brady is getting older every year. He looked very human in that game. The Giants showed everyone how to beat Brady & the Jets reiterated it in that game, put pressure on him.

I couldnt' disagree more. Brady is as effective a QB as you will find out there. Brady has several good years left and the smart thing to do is build the team around him and have a chance of winning each year. Nobody is going to win every year.

I'd say the same for Peyton Manning. Manning maybe getting older as well, but he is going to be an effective QB for a few more years. You need to build the best team around a guy like that while you have him an take your shots.

QB is at the very bottom of the priority list for the Pats. As long as Brady is there they have a shot. They did a good job of rebuilding this year, they need to continue with the plan.

better days
01-18-2011, 12:31 PM
I couldnt' disagree more. Brady is as effective a QB as you will find out there. Brady has several good years left and the smart thing to do is build the team around him and have a chance of winning each year. Nobody is going to win every year.

I'd say the same for Peyton Manning. Manning maybe getting older as well, but he is going to be an effective QB for a few more years. You need to build the best team around a guy like that while you have him an take your shots.

QB is at the very bottom of the priority list for the Pats. As long as Brady is there they have a shot. They did a good job of rebuilding this year, they need to continue with the plan.

Do you disagree that Brady is getting older or that he looked human in that game? You are wrong in either case, because both are true. I agree Manning is also getting older. If Mankins does not resign with the Pats*, that will hurt your team.

imbondz
01-18-2011, 12:40 PM
MOSS was the reason the Patriots went 14-2.

Ickybaluky
01-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Do you disagree that Brady is getting older or that he looked human in that game? You are wrong in either case, because both are true. I agree Manning is also getting older. If Mankins does not resign with the Pats*, that will hurt your team.

Not for nothing, but I have been hearing Bills fans predicting the Pats demise for some time. You are just latching on after a loss to predict doom and gloom for them. However, as it did before it amounts to no more than wishful thinking.

Brady isn't going to play forever, but he is 33 years old. He is coming off one of his best seasons. He likely has several years left playing at a pretty high level. They don't sell guarantees, mind you, but it seems a little early to push him into retirement.

Ultimately, it is a team game. One player doesn't win or lose it. The Patriots have holes to address, like every other team. However, QB isn't one of them. There is nothing the matter with Brady. There is no "magic formula" to defense him or the team. The biggest issues in the loss the other day weren't at QB. The Jets just beat them. Props to them, they have a good team.

I think the Pats bring back Mankins. I think Matt Light is brought back as well, although Vollmer may take over at LT.

better days
01-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Not for nothing, but I have been hearing Bills fans predicting the Pats demise for some time. You are just latching on after a loss to predict doom and gloom for them. However, as it did before it amounts to no more than wishful thinking.

Brady isn't going to play forever, but he is 33 years old. He is coming off one of his best seasons. He likely has several years left playing at a pretty high level. They don't sell guarantees, mind you, but it seems a little early to push him into retirement.

Ultimately, it is a team game. One player doesn't win or lose it. The Patriots have holes to address, like every other team. However, QB isn't one of them. There is nothing the matter with Brady. There is no "magic formula" to defense him or the team. The biggest issues in the loss the other day weren't at QB. The Jets just beat them. Props to them, they have a good team.

I think the Pats bring back Mankins. I think Matt Light is brought back as well, although Vollmer may take over at LT.

You HOPE they bring back Mankins & Light. The smart thing to do would have been to extend them last year. I'm sure you know how upset Mankins was he did not get a new contract last year & while he may resign, I think it will cost the Pats* more than it would have before. Mankins showed the Pats* they need him more than he needs the Pats*

Brady will be 34 next year. I guess what you consider "several" to be is the question. Brady had a good year & most likely will next year as well, but the Pats* have not won the big game since they were caught cheating.

Ickybaluky
01-18-2011, 02:14 PM
You HOPE they bring back Mankins & Light. The smart thing to do would have been to extend them last year. I'm sure you know how upset Mankins was he did not get a new contract last year & while he may resign, I think it will cost the Pats* more than it would have before. Mankins showed the Pats* they need him more than he needs the Pats*

Brady will be 34 next year. I guess what you consider "several" to be is the question. Brady had a good year & most likely will next year as well, but the Pats* have not won the big game since they were caught cheating.

See? Your wishful thinking is showing.

better days
01-18-2011, 02:41 PM
See? Your wishful thinking is showing.

Is it my wishful thinking or yours? I think it's yours.........Brady will have several more good years...........Mankins will be resigned.

Ickybaluky
01-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Is it my wishful thinking or yours? I think it's yours.........Brady will have several more good years...........Mankins will be resigned.

Why is that wishful thinking?

Mankins returned earlier than he needed to and played hard. Contracts have a way of working themselves out and they can always franchise tag him once the CBA is in place.

There isn't any reason Brady can't play into his late 30's. He just had an MVP year, has a young team to grow around him and is as heathy as he has been in a long time. He is 2 years younger than Manning and only a year older than Brees. He still has years left in his career.

You are just angry because the Bills have been rebuilding for the last decade. Meanwhile, the Pats managed to rebuild in a season, going from one of the oldest to one of the youngest teams in the league in a year, all while winning 14 games and making the playoffs.. Plus, they have 3 of the first 33 picks in the upcoming draft. They need their young players to gain more experience and to fill a couple holes, particularly finding a OLB who can rush the passer. Things could be worse.

Mr. Pink
01-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Brady looked fine this weekend. His receivers didn't help him and the Pats took a couple stupid penalties.

They do need a guy who can stretch the field at WR though as it's pretty obvious Tate isn't getting the job done.

The crappy part is that we have two strong teams in the division and the best we're gonna do for the foreseeable future is fight it out for 3rd.

better days
01-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Why is that wishful thinking?

Mankins returned earlier than he needed to and played hard. Contracts have a way of working themselves out and they can always franchise tag him once the CBA is in place.

There isn't any reason Brady can't play into his late 30's. He just had an MVP year, has a young team to grow around him and is as heathy as he has been in a long time. He is 2 years younger than Manning and only a year older than Brees. He still has years left in his career.

You are just angry because the Bills have been rebuilding for the last decade. Meanwhile, the Pats managed to rebuild in a season, going from one of the oldest to one of the youngest teams in the league in a year, all while winning 14 games and making the playoffs.. Plus, they have 3 of the first 33 picks in the upcoming draft. They need their young players to gain more experience and to fill a couple holes, particularly finding a OLB who can rush the passer. Things could be worse.

Wishfull thinking. An injury can hit any player at any time. When a player gets to be Bradys age, it takes longer to heal. Add in the fact Brady did not prepare now that he is married as he did in the past, now with kids he will most likely devote even less time to football. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

As for Mankins time will tell, but if you think he is happy with the Pats* you are deluding yourself. If they franchise him he will most likely sit out as many games as posssible before reporting.

Am I angry about the last decade? HELL YEA.