Make no mistakes that getting a franchise QB is the most important thing to do!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Make no mistakes that getting a franchise QB is the most important thing to do!!

QB is and will always be the most important position in the league.

Final 4 teams all have first rounders.

6 out of the final 8 had first rounders.

While I advocate Defense in the first if the Front Office believes they can get a franchise QB at 3 I am all for it.

I would be interested to see what Ingtar thinks about this years QB crop.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Make no mistakes that getting a franchise QB is the most important thing to do!!

There are no #3 worthy QB's...

I'm also not buying the "Everything will be alright as soon as we draft a QB in the 1st rd" mentality *cough* JP Losman

Take BPA continue to address the lines. Pick up a QB when applicable to compete and groom...

maybe some year there will be a highly regarded 1st rd QB that will fall to us or we can make a move for... but unless we are trading back this year, this is not that year.
    Last edited by ddaryl; 01-17-2011, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• dog14787
      • Oct 2010

Re: Make no mistakes that getting a franchise QB is the most important thing to do!!

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

While I advocate Defense in the first if the Front Office believes they can get a franchise QB at 3 I am all for it.

TOP and points also help a defense and If you want good TOP and points, obtain/draft a consistent, accurate, signal caller.

The numbers show that you will increase your odds dramatically of finding a franchise/ playoff/ Championship caliber QB by drafting one of the top rated QB's coming out of College in the 1st round.

Cam Newton has the biggest upside out of any QB prospect in the 2011 draft in my personal opinion. Had Andrew Luck declared, it would be a different story.

Comment

• dog14787
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl

I'm also not buying the "Everything will be alright as soon as we draft a QB in the 1st rd" mentality *cough* JP Losman

Take BPA continue to address the lines. Pick up a QB when applicable to compete and groom...

maybe some year there will be a highly regarded 1st rd QB that will fall to us or we can make a move for... but unless we are trading back this year, this is not that year.
        I believe Cam Newton is worthy of top 5 consideration, especially considering If Newton makes it to the Cardinals, (5th) he's probably gone...
        Last edited by Figster; 01-17-2011, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

I just read an article about the Titans. They passed on Aaron Rodgers in 2005 to draft PacMan Jones. In 2006 they passed on Jay Cutler to draft Vince Young.

I agree QB is the most important position & I will be happy if they think a guy in this draft is worth the 3rd pick, if not they need to draft DL or LB or even CB, but they do not need any WR in the 1st rnd in my opinion.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
            Is the above really true?

Draftnicks how do the available QBs compare to recently selected first round QBs?

How do the Newtons, Gabberts, and Mallets compare to the Rivers, Big Ben and Bradfords?

Comment

• dog14787
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by better days
              I just read an article about the Titans. They passed on Aaron Rodgers in 2005 to draft PacMan Jones. In 2006 they passed on Jay Cutler to draft Vince Young.

I agree QB is the most important position & I will be happy if they think a guy in this draft is worth the 3rd pick, if not they need to draft DL or LB or even CB, but they do not need any WR in the 1st rnd in my opinion.

I agree, with Roscoe Parish coming back, Lee Evans, the emergence of Marcus Easley, along with Nelson and Stevie Johnson our WR Corp is solid

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dog14787
                I agree, with Roscoe Parish coming back, Lee Evans, the emergence of Marcus Easley, along with Nelson and Stevie Johnson our WR Corp is solid
                At least good enough to not need another WR in the first round.

Comment

• dog14787
                  • Oct 2010

At least good enough to not need another WR in the first round.

The hands department needs the TE position upgraded more then anything,

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Yes sir!

Comment

• Discotrish
                      Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                      • Nov 2003

The problem has been failure to draft good offensive linemen for more than a decade. Who was the hall of fame quarterback who beat Jim Kelly & Co. in Superbowl XXVI? Doug Williams and a super offensive line.

Patti
                      Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Agreed, but not in the 1st rnd.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                          • Sep 2008

Your right, QB is the most important. However, just drafting a QB at 3 just to draft a QB at 3 even if that QB isn't worthy of that high of a selection is more than likely doomed to fail. We are in a position right now where you really need to be careful what you wish for, and keep in mind that the majority of QBs entering this years draft are underclassmen. Drafting a QB at 3 doesn't guarantee success. JMO
                          Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 01-17-2011, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Discotrish
                            The problem has been failure to draft good offensive linemen for more than a decade. Who was the hall of fame quarterback who beat Jim Kelly & Co. in Superbowl XXVI? Doug Williams and a super offensive line.

Patti
                            This certainly didn't help but the QB makes the team and the line.

Comment

• bf1
                              • Oct 2010

Either get a top QB or don't bother. No more Levi Browns.

Comment

Working...
                              X