PDA

View Full Version : Dareus in his Bowl game

Bangarang
01-17-2011, 04:29 PM
This is a great review of Dareus' play in his Bowl game. The guy plays like a man amongst boys out there and was lining up everywhere. There's very little of Dareus when you try and watch videos of him so this was definitely nice to see.

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/1/17/1937512/the-prospect-playbook-marcell-dareus-dt-de-alabama

patmoran2006
01-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I seen those clips, every one of them.

To me, he looks like what the Bills HOPED Marcus Stroud would be when they moved him over to DE.

He may not be my first choice, but don't see how fans could have a problem with this guy coming to Buffalo.

SquishDaFish
01-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Wow kid looks like a beast

tampabay25690
01-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Good playerand Im fine with him at #3...
Would fill a huge need.

bigdog72ny
01-17-2011, 06:19 PM
would love him at #3

TigerJ
01-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Dareus is a solid player to be sure. The obvious comparison that is going to be made time and time again between now and the end of April is Fairley versus Dareus. Just my initial reaction is that Dareus is probably the safer pick, but Fairley seems to have a bigger statistical impact. The knock on Fairley is that he seems to take plays off, especially versus the run. I think that if you can light a fire under Fairley so that he goes hard on every play, he might have the greater upside, but if you are unsuccessful in lighting that fire, Dareus is going to give you the more consistent effort play in and play out.

I'm certain Buffalo will sit down with both of those guys at the combine, as well as with a few more guys they will consider at #3. Then, of course, they will have to wait for Carolina and Denver to make their picks. They will look at all those issues. I really don't knowhow they will end up deciding. If they end up with Dareus, I can be pretty happy with the choice. I just don't think he'll be quite the defensive star that Fairley might be. But then Fairley might not be either.

TedMock
01-18-2011, 06:09 AM
Dareus is a solid player to be sure. The obvious comparison that is going to be made time and time again between now and the end of April is Fairley versus Dareus. Just my initial reaction is that Dareus is probably the safer pick, but Fairley seems to have a bigger statistical impact. The knock on Fairley is that he seems to take plays off, especially versus the run. I think that if you can light a fire under Fairley so that he goes hard on every play, he might have the greater upside, but if you are unsuccessful in lighting that fire, Dareus is going to give you the more consistent effort play in and play out.

I'm certain Buffalo will sit down with both of those guys at the combine, as well as with a few more guys they will consider at #3. Then, of course, they will have to wait for Carolina and Denver to make their picks. They will look at all those issues. I really don't knowhow they will end up deciding. If they end up with Dareus, I can be pretty happy with the choice. I just don't think he'll be quite the defensive star that Fairley might be. But then Fairley might not be either.

They're also built for two different schemes. Dareus is a 34 DL and that will be the plan of whoever drafts him. Fairley is built far more for the 4-man front. Dareus' stats may not be as sexy, but you definitely argue that he's the more productive guy overall. It really falls on what the coaching staff plans on running.

ddaryl
01-18-2011, 07:19 AM
I wouldn't kick off the team for eating crackers... if you know what I mean