PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Merriman tweet

X-Era
01-17-2011, 05:21 PM
"RT @HabsFan94 (http://twitter.com/HabsFan94): @shawnemerriman (http://twitter.com/shawnemerriman) Hey Shawn please bring some free agents to Buffalo...they are coming"

Hope it's true.

tampabay25690
01-17-2011, 05:30 PM
what else is he going to say

Bangarang
01-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Has someone asked him how his injury is doing and if he'll be ready for training camp?

wmoz11
01-17-2011, 05:33 PM
That's stupid. I don't think Nix is going to sign someone just because Merriman wants them. If there is an identifiable target then, yeah, he could help recruit. But he's not going to convince Nix one way or another and he certainly wouldn't have any clue right now.

BillsWin
01-17-2011, 05:41 PM
what else is he going to say

Actually, the first time he was asked whether or not he would talk to free agents to come to Buffalo he said, "What if I already have?"

So for him to say, "they are coming". That's a little different.

X-Era
01-17-2011, 05:42 PM
That's stupid. I don't think Nix is going to sign someone just because Merriman wants them. If there is an identifiable target then, yeah, he could help recruit. But he's not going to convince Nix one way or another and he certainly wouldn't have any clue right now.Maybe he simply meant that he can get them interested in a visit. The rest is up to Nix and co.

wmoz11
01-17-2011, 05:44 PM
He just means that people will be coming - like he thinks he'll be able to make a difference.

I don't believe for a second that he has actually convinced anyone to come to Buffalo for a visit or has any intimate knowledge about players that may come. Hell, we don't even know who actually will be UFA right now.

X-Era
01-17-2011, 05:46 PM
He just means that people will be coming - like he thinks he'll be able to make a difference.

I don't believe for a second that he has actually convinced anyone to come to Buffalo for a visit or has any intimate knowledge about players that may come. Hell, we don't even know who actually will be UFA right now.Why not? These guys hang out with each other and a guy like Merriman speaking highly of us could be enough to warrant a visit.

SquishDaFish
01-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Im sure hes friends with some guys that are Free Agents just like Im sure hes talked to them about what he sees in Buffalo now that he is here.

X-Era
01-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Im sure hes friends with some guys that are Free Agents just like Im sure hes talked to them about what he sees in Buffalo now that he is here.I would think fellow CHargers may be a good possibility.

Demon
01-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Every team signs free agents. So he is right, they are coming. But, is anybody good coming? Doubtful.

mrbojanglezs
01-17-2011, 09:35 PM
is he gonna be the new whitner?

Slim
01-17-2011, 10:08 PM
That's stupid. I don't think Nix is going to sign someone just because Merriman wants them. If there is an identifiable target then, yeah, he could help recruit. But he's not going to convince Nix one way or another and he certainly wouldn't have any clue right now.

You never know, Nix and Merriman were in San Diego together, maybe Nix wanted Merriman to ask some of his old buddy's if they'd be interested playing in Buffalo. It's pure speculation but it's not that far-fetched.

Ed
01-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Ultimately I think free agents are going to go where the money is, but having Merriman recruit players can't hurt. Maybe it won't end up making a difference, but what other Bills have been vocal about wanting to be here and get other good players to come here? Keep it up Shawn!

FlyingDutchman
01-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Im trying to think of the last FA to come in here and do anything of significance and all I can think of is Brice Paup...thats sad..

Crisis
01-18-2011, 12:00 AM
tila tequila to buffalo (E4)

Michael82
01-18-2011, 12:25 AM
Im trying to think of the last FA to come in here and do anything of significance and all I can think of is Brice Paup...thats sad..
Apparently you missed some of Donahoe's prizes....

LB Takeo Spikes
LB London Fletcher
DT Sam Adams

TrEd FTW
01-18-2011, 02:28 AM

Spikes was incredible pre-injury.

X-Era
01-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Im trying to think of the last FA to come in here and do anything of significance and all I can think of is Brice Paup...thats sad..I think Dwan Edwards was a quality signing. And actually the several vet linebackers is a good thing, only that they should be backups.

X-Era
01-18-2011, 05:46 AM

LB Takeo Spikes
LB London Fletcher
DT Sam AdamsI'd say year one or so of Lawyer Milloy wasn't bad either.

chernobylwraiths
01-18-2011, 05:47 AM
Of course they are coming, but are they staying?

TacklingDummy
01-18-2011, 06:02 AM
Eddie Robinson, he's still looking for his jock.

X-Era
01-18-2011, 06:05 AM
Eddie Robinson, he's still looking for his jock.Chris Watson... :D

Beebe's Kid
01-18-2011, 08:55 AM

I don't believe for a second that he has actually convinced anyone to come to Buffalo for a visit or has any intimate knowledge about players that may come. Hell, we don't even know who actually will be UFA right now.

You got an awful lot out of three words that he posted on Twitter.

Twitter a good microcosm of some of our major societal flaws.

djjimkelly
01-18-2011, 09:07 AM
I would think fellow CHargers may be a good possibility.

some of these chargers players already know merrimen on a personal level.

nix would have been involved in drafting guys who are upcoming FA's

sounds like a nice plan to me.

anyone have a list of chargers FA's id love mcneil as our LT move the mailmans son to RT we start having a much better line real fast!!!!!

djjimkelly
01-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Antwan Barnes (SD)
Kevin Burnett (SD)
Stephen Cooper (SD)
Brandon Siler (SD)

4 chargers LB's that are fa's this year

Jacques Cesaire (SD)
Travis Johnson (SD)

and 2 situational dlineman

id bet we sign 1

FlyingDutchman
01-18-2011, 09:53 AM

LB Takeo Spikes
LB London Fletcher
DT Sam Adams

True those guys were good (mostly Fletcher) but the others had probably 1 solid year and then were gone for whatever reason...when was the last time we had a player come in and fill a position for a long time and do it well? Hell even Paup's stint was short

FlyingDutchman
01-18-2011, 09:57 AM
I think Dwan Edwards was a quality signing. And actually the several vet linebackers is a good thing, only that they should be backups.

dont get me wrong we've had some decent signings and have picked up serviceable players through FA, but im sayin SERIOUS impact players who made Buffalo their home for a few years...i dunno, i just struggle to think of some if any

hydro
01-18-2011, 09:59 AM
dont get me wrong we've had some decent signings and have picked up serviceable players through FA, but im sayin SERIOUS impact players who made Buffalo their home for a few years...i dunno, i just struggle to think of some if any

How often does that happen league wide? It isn't easy as it seems.

FlyingDutchman
01-18-2011, 10:10 AM
How often does that happen league wide? It isn't easy as it seems.

agreed but it shouldnt be a struggle to think of the last time we got a big FA...I guess thats what happens when you suck for a decade. Guess im saying is I wouldnt expect any of the bigger names like Floyd or Jackson to come here