• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Today is "Let Us Play Day"

Although the two sides of any labor battle have to solve their problems at the negotiating table, the public relations campaign can be equally important. While the public doesn’t exactly have a say...

Although the two sides of any labor battle have to solve their problems at the negotiating table, the public relations campaign can be equally important. While the public doesn’t exactly have a say in what the two sides agree to, a well-coordinated public relations blitz can force one side to re-examine their offers. The NFLPA is developing such a PR campaign to get the fans on their side and prevent a potential lockout that could wear down the will of the union members.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Dujek
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2008

Re: Today is "Let Us Play Day"

The longer this goes on the more I'm siding with the owners in this. The NFLPA is completely up its own ass.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dujek
      The longer this goes on the more I'm siding with the owners in this. The NFLPA is completely up its own ass.
      Just my opinion but to me both sides are at fault. Don't who I support or dislike more yet.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

Owners will win. They have all the money and will outlast them.

Comment

• THRILLHO
          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
          • Feb 2009

No one is stopping you from being paid hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars that plenty of us would LOVE to do for free.
          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

I like the owners ideas myself. Cost of players salaries, increasing as much as they have, has been passed on to the fans. I am all for reducing player salary, a rookie cap, eliminate 2 preseason games.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

The players don't even get guarnateed salaries in the roughest sport ever.

They sign a lot of paper contracts, but few of them realize the total value.

I'm with the players on this. The owners sit on a tv deal that pays them through the lockout. they are going to cream the players and they will get hosed.

This is greed vs greed. but the owners don't put their bodies and eventual lives on the line for our entertainment.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

30 years ago i would have been on the players side no doubt.

however in 2011 these guys are getting paid millions especially first round players like maybin and spiller who have done nothing to even remotely deserve being paid more then the league minimum.

this deal should be simple

1. rookie pay scale
                2. some adjustment to pension for retired vets(guys pre 1990)
                3. better health care post career
                4. similar cap to what we had before

screw the 18 game schedule and any other minor issues

they solve that list above which in my opninion should be simple

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

As Bills fans, I can't see how it's possible for us to side with the players. Blue collar (and low end white collar) fans have already been removed from most NFL (NBA, MLB) venues because we simply can't afford tickets, parking and concessions. Player salaries are a huge reason why... And, IMO, players are compensated WAY too high. I'd rather see a league where a player has to scrape out a living just like the rest of us... And a $30,000 paycheck for winning a playoff game is huge incentive.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                    As Bills fans, I can't see how it's possible for us to side with the players. Blue collar (and low end white collar) fans have already been removed from most NFL (NBA, MLB) venues because we simply can't afford tickets, parking and concessions. Player salaries are a huge reason why... And, IMO, players are compensated WAY too high. I'd rather see a league where a player has to scrape out a living just like the rest of us... And a $30,000 paycheck for winning a playoff game is huge incentive.
                    Great post and that's why I'm siding with the owners. I'm sick of how high these salaries keep going up and the tickets/parking/concessions. The fan has to pay more just to keep the players happy. That's not right. Especially when if it wasn't for us watching their games and buying stuff, these players wouldn't have jobs.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Oh and BTW, I want to get a shirt that says "Ralph was right, Jerry! You were wrong!"

Ralph complained about the current CBA and said that he doesn't understand it, but he honestly did. I just think that he didn't understand why the owners felt they HAD to sign that contract. He foresaw some of the money problems that we are seeing now...but everyone made him out to be a villain.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

Sometimes I think it might be a good thing if the Bills moved... And Buffalo got a CFL franchise... SOMETIMES!

Comment

• Pride
                          • Jul 2002

Does anyone really think that if the Owners win, ticket/parking prices will go down?

I didn't think so!

Every decision made in this should be for the best interest of the people it ultimately affects... the fan! How do "we" (the owners) lower ticket prices, provide the best possible product on the field, and the best possible game-day experience in the stadium/on tv?

If those are the questions, the answers will fill themselves in.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Michael82
                            Oh and BTW, I want to get a shirt that says "Ralph was right, Jerry! You were wrong!"

Ralph complained about the current CBA and said that he doesn't understand it, but he honestly did. I just think that he didn't understand why the owners felt they HAD to sign that contract. He foresaw some of the money problems that we are seeing now...but everyone made him out to be a villain.

Ralph gets no love

MUCK
                            FIAMI

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Pride
                              Does anyone really think that if the Owners win, ticket/parking prices will go down?

I didn't think so!
                              Does anybody think that if the owners don't win, that ticket/parking/concessions won't continue to skyrocket... And eventually be the root of the Bills franchise leaving Buffalo?
                              Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 01-18-2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X