PDA

View Full Version : A personal promise

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2011, 11:16 AM
If they draft Cam Newton at #3, I'm going to take a crap in a box and send it straight to Ralph. I promise you this much.

Fairley or Dareus is the way to go.

ddaryl
01-18-2011, 11:20 AM
start crapping in a box now, and keep crapping in it till the draft.

I'll help pay for the postage in April then.

Ed
01-18-2011, 11:20 AM
What if Fairley and Dareus go #1 and #2?

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2011, 11:21 AM
I don't have a box that big.

Can I store it in your house?

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Not a chance in a million years.

At least one of those pretty boy WR/CB type will go first.

DraftBoy
01-18-2011, 11:24 AM
So Miyagi is buying Mexican on draft night!

Ed
01-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Not a chance in a million years.

At least one of those pretty boy WR/CB type will go first.
Really? There's only a 1 in a million chance that the two teams in front of us that both desperately need DL help might take two of the best DL prospects?

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Really? There's only a 1 in a million chance that the two teams in front of us that both desperately need DL help might take two of the best DL prospects?
You wanna bet?

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Why take the 2nd best in a certain position at #2 instead of taking the best in another position? Because it makes no sense.

psubills62
01-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Why take the 2nd best in a certain position at #2 instead of taking the best in another position? Because it makes no sense.

So if Fairley goes #1 or #2 does this mean you don't want Dareus?

Ed
01-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Because you may think the player you are taking is actually better then the player that went #1. And even if they're #2 at their position they still might be better then everyone else. Why did two DT's go #2 and #3 last year? Why did 3 OT's go in the top six the year before?

Bill Cody
01-18-2011, 11:41 AM
does this "crap in a box" threat extend to the 2nd round or are you a one round crapper? Just asking.

trapezeus
01-18-2011, 11:58 AM
send me your address miyagi..i will send the metamucil your way.

Bill Cody
01-18-2011, 12:01 PM
If they draft Cam Newton at #3, I'm going to take a crap in a box and send it straight to Ralph. I promise you this much.

Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. Why the Newton hate? Do you know something we don't?

kelly2reed4six
01-18-2011, 12:03 PM

I would rather draft your crap in a box with the 3rd pick than Newton!

HAMMER
01-18-2011, 12:13 PM
All talk.

DrGraves
01-18-2011, 12:18 PM
i'll do the same thing if we take a CB at #3

Nighthawk
01-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Don't understand all the love for Dareus...really don't.

elltrain22
01-18-2011, 12:23 PM

Then we take Bowers.

Stewie
01-18-2011, 12:34 PM

you're assuming that because one was taken first, he is best. at any position.

ddaryl
01-18-2011, 12:52 PM
I don't have a box that big.

Can I store it in your house?

sure... you'll have to ship those turds to me in smaller boxes 1st...

Ship them to

246 Defication Row
Brown Troutsville, Tx 90091

ddaryl
01-18-2011, 12:54 PM
I would rather draft your crap in a box with the 3rd pick than Newton!

Step 1, take a squat on the box
Step 2, drop a deuce in the box
Step 3, Make Ralph open the box

HAMMER
01-18-2011, 01:10 PM
i'll do the same thing if we take a CB at #3

Get ready, it's coming.

Ed
01-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Then we take Bowers.
I'd have no problem with that, but Miyagi might still poop in a box since we'd be wasting the #3 pick on the 3rd best D-lineman.

better days
01-18-2011, 01:55 PM
I'd have no problem with that, but Miyagi might still poop in a box since we'd be wasting the #3 pick on the 3rd best D-lineman.

I would take the 3rd best D-lineman........if he is still very good over the best WR in the draft myself. Hopefully not at #3 though. I would try to get some team to trade up with us.

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Because you may think the player you are taking is actually better then the player that went #1. And even if they're #2 at their position they still might be better then everyone else. Why did two DT's go #2 and #3 last year? Why did 3 OT's go in the top six the year before?
Sure yeah okay, then bet me.

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Bowers would not turn me all the way on, but I wouldn't be too unhappy.

mikemac2001
01-18-2011, 04:23 PM
im pretty sure you will get arrested for this

BertSquirtgum
01-18-2011, 04:30 PM
im pretty sure you will get arrested for this

not if he wears gloves

Night Train
01-18-2011, 04:30 PM
That would be awesome.

I'd send paypal $$ to your bail bondsman and buy you a paver at the Ralph.

Ed
01-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Sure yeah okay, then bet me.
Why would I bet you? It's January, I have no idea what's going to happen in the draft. You don't either. I never said Fairley and Dareus are going to go 1 and 2. I asked you what would you do if they did go 1 and 2 since you said they are our only 2 options. It's not unreasonable or impossible for them to be the top 2 prospects for two teams that have huge needs on the D-line. If Fairley or Dareus are good enough to be the Bills pick at #3 then they are good enough to be the Panthers or Broncos pick. You said there's basically no chance of that happening. You're wrong.

THRILLHO
01-18-2011, 06:45 PM
I almost want us to draft Newton, just to see if you would do it.

Almost.

Captain Obvious
01-18-2011, 09:08 PM
This promise is about as empty as Lindsay Lohan promising she would stop smoking crack cocaine...

Mad Max
01-18-2011, 09:10 PM
So Miyagi is buying Mexican on draft night!

Mexican Sushi, with extra wasabi.

camelcowboy
01-18-2011, 10:19 PM
You sending him copies Mitchell's threads don't count

ServoBillieves
01-18-2011, 10:47 PM
This is the greatest thread I've seen on this board in a while...

But to let you know, where I work, we make excellent chili, but it gives you the ****s like no other... If that is the case on draft day, I will send you the box to take your crap in with mine fresh since, well, I'm not dealing with yours.

I am on the fence with Newton, but at 3? no.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Step 1, take a squat on the box
Step 2, drop a deuce in the box
Step 3, Make Ralph open the box

you should piss in the box too...

Figster
01-19-2011, 09:50 AM

Look at it this way Mr Miyagi, If the Buffalo Bills draft Cam Newton, at 6-6, 250 lbs, Newton will instantly become the most talented player on the Bills roster, most talented running, throwing, and possibly even catching the ball.

Look at it from a business perspective. Cam Newton will also become an instant draw/ticket sell once Chan Gailey integrates slash/ Newton into the Bills Offense. The BCS National Championship between the Ducks and Tigers was the highest rated program in the history of cable television. I realize the majority tune in to watch the best two teams in the nation go head to head, but it doesn't change the fact that all the talk and all the buzz was about Cam Newton. Sure, Nick Fairley stole the show that day , but without Newton the Tigers would have never even been in the National Championship.

Look at it from a leadership perspective, Cam Newton by all accounts is a spiritual leader for all the Coaches and players on the Auburn Tiger football team. Cams described as a very humble and caring individual who understands giving is better then receiving. Cam Newton spends his spare time helping young kids in the community.

No matter how you look at it Cam is a win, win, situation folks and there's not a player on the board that could have near as much impact on this Buffalo Bill football team as Cam Newton.

I'm not making any of this up, hear for yourself first hand accounts from his players and coaches on the video section of Cams site.

Cam2Newton.com http://www.cam2newton.com/

See what ESPN insider Tim Graham has to say: (previously posted)

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/24897/bills-dolphins-will-examine-cam-newton

There's even some speculation now that the Panthers could be interested in Cam Newton at the 1st pick overall in the 2011 draft.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/17768/should-panthers-take-cam-newton

Even Bo knows...

Mr. Miyagi
01-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Either you're getting paid for this or you're related to Newton.

Go sell this crap on the Carolina message board and sucker them into taking Newton at #1, so someone else will drop down to us.

ddaryl
01-19-2011, 10:35 AM
This promise is about as empty as Lindsay Lohan promising she would stop snorting crack cocaine...

ya don't snort the crack....

Figster
01-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Either you're getting paid for this or you're related to Newton.

Go sell this crap on the Carolina message board and sucker them into taking Newton at #1, so someone else will drop down to us.

I'm just a big Cam Newton fan who loves my Buffalo Bills...

Mr. Miyagi
01-19-2011, 10:50 AM
For the record, I don't HATE Newton. I think he has as much chance as the next guy to be a good NFL QB.

Just not at #3.

If he drops way down to the 2nd or even if we trade back up into the 1st to take him, I wouldn't have a fit.

At #3, Ralph is getting a box of crap from me.

Figster
01-19-2011, 11:28 AM
For the record, I don't HATE Newton. I think he has as much chance as the next guy to be a good NFL QB.

Just not at #3.

If he drops way down to the 2nd or even if we trade back up into the 1st to take him, I wouldn't have a fit.

At #3, Ralph is getting a box of crap from me.
With all due respect Mr. Miyagi I understand where your coming from, its not very often the Bills would find themselves picking in the top 3. The only problem with the scenario you brought up though is Cam Newton's projected to go within the early to middle of the 1st round. From my own personal research in an effort to find trends via mock drafts, I found almost all mocks do not have Newton slipping past the Dolphins in the middle of round one. Number one hot spot was the Phoenix Cardinals picking 5th, with the Titans and 49ers also popular landing spots for Cam Newton.

As mentioned in the second ESPN article I recently posted on your thread, the same question was brought up to Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik about Josh Freeman who was drafted 17th and he said the Bucs would have taken Freeman No. 1 overall in 2009, if they had that pick. ESPN columnist (Pat Yasinskas) found upon observing Newton earlier in the season he was reminded of Josh Freeman and in his mind he thought Newton's stock should be higher.

What I'm trying to point out is If you do actually believe Cam Newton could be a good, or possibly even franchise caliber QB doesn't where you draft him in the 1st become a mute point?

Besides, Ralph being the very wise old man that he is will probably smell something fishy about your package and make someone else open it...lol...Russ Brandon perhaps,

Night Train
01-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Besides, Ralph being the very wise old man that he is will probably smell something fishy about your package and make someone else open it...lol...Russ Brandon perhaps,

Ralph/Brandon = Burns/Smithers

" I love you, sir "

better days
01-19-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm just a big Cam Newton fan who loves my Buffalo Bills...

I just hope the Bills don't draft Newton because I don't want to read you make excuse after excuse for him as you did Edwards.

Figster
01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
I just hope the Bills don't draft Newton because I don't want to read you make excuse after excuse for him as you did Edwards.

To be honest better days, I hardly think one, possibly two posts on the zone constitutes post after post of excuses.

Mr. Miyagi
01-19-2011, 02:17 PM
I hope you're right and the Dolphins get their Culpepper 2.0.

Bill Cody
01-19-2011, 02:29 PM
I hope you're right and the Dolphins get their Culpepper 2.0.

I was never a big fan but to be fair the guy Miami got after his knee was shredded wasn't the Culpepper that made pro bowls with the Vikings.

I will say this: Culpepper was never the kind of QB guys rallied around and he has hands the size of a ten year old girl. Newton appears to have strong leadership qualities and his measurables and raw talent are pretty amazing. You can say he's raw and I won't argue. He'd have to sit a year for sure. My main question concerns the number of gray cells he has. Show me 20+ on the Wonderlic and the right attitude in the interviews with teams and I think your "**** in the box" thing is way off base. We need more information on Newton. But the people that have already written him off are definetely premature IMO.

better days
01-19-2011, 02:41 PM
To be honest better days, I hardly think one, possibly two posts on the zone constitutes post after post of excuses.

I thought it was more than that, but OK I'm sorry if that was all. How about this, please don't make as many posts making excuses for Newton as you have about you wanting the Bills to draft him.

better days
01-19-2011, 02:45 PM
I was never a big fan but to be fair the guy Miami got after his knee was shredded wasn't the Culpepper that made pro bowls with the Vikings.

I will say this: Culpepper was never the kind of QB guys rallied around and he has hands the size of a ten year old girl. Newton appears to have strong leadership qualities and his measurables and raw talent are pretty amazing. You can say he's raw and I won't argue. He'd have to sit a year for sure. My main question concerns the number of gray cells he has. Show me 20+ on the Wonderlic and the right attitude in the interviews with teams and I think your "**** in the box" thing is way off base. We need more information on Newton. But the people that have already written him off are definetely premature IMO.

I agree & as one of Newtons biggest critics, I have not written him off myself. I think he will be great or a bust myself, nowhere in the middle.

If Nix & Gailey see enough in him to draft him, I'm on board.

Figster
01-19-2011, 03:08 PM
I thought it was more than that, but OK I'm sorry if that was all. How about this, please don't make as many posts making excuses for Newton as you have about you wanting the Bills to draft him.
If the Bills do draft Newton and he fails to develop and flourish the way I predict him to under Chan Gailey you have my word better days, I will not make excuses. The way I see it Cam Newton has all the tools and everything going for him, If he doesn't do well in the NFL he will only have himself to blame.

Its probably never going to happen anyway and just wishful thinking on my part.(Bills drafting Cam)

Mr. Miyagi
01-19-2011, 03:24 PM
If the guy scores better than 25 in the Wonderlic, I'll be happy to get him LATER in the first round.

17? Pass.

Unless he scores a 38 and nails all the interviews and blows everyone away at the combine and shows a great attitude all the time from now till draft day, no way I'll be happy with him at #3. No way.

X-Era
01-19-2011, 03:37 PM
If the Bills do draft Newton and he fails to develop and flourish the way I predict him to under Chan Gailey you have my word better days, I will not make excuses. The way I see it Cam Newton has all the tools and everything going for him, If he doesn't do well in the NFL he will only have himself to blame.

Its probably never going to happen anyway and just wishful thinking on my part.(Bills drafting Cam)I really think that Chan can develop QB's very well. I could see him molding a guy like Cam into a start where if Cam went to a team like the Raiders, he could be out of the league in a few years. And it isn't just Cam. I could see him doing just as much with a guy like Gabbert who may have a better ability to read defense and better poise right now.

I think if Chan drafted a high round QB, he could effectively mold that player into a solid starter or more.

X-Era
01-19-2011, 03:40 PM
If the guy scores better than 25 in the Wonderlic, I'll be happy to get him LATER in the first round.

17? Pass.

Unless he scores a 38 and nails all the interviews and blows everyone away at the combine and shows a great attitude all the time from now till draft day, no way I'll be happy with him at #3. No way.I think Cam will do average on the Wonderlic and I will be shocked if Gabbert doesn't do very well. Mallett however may surprise some folks with a low score.

Ed
01-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I would expect Cam Newton to show a great attitude and do very well at the combine. I think he could do ok in interviews also, but he's going to have to answer a lot of tough questions regarding his past. He'll probably have a team of people working hard to prepare him for that though. However, I would be pretty surprised if he does well on the Wonderlic.

Bill Cody
01-19-2011, 04:54 PM

17? Pass.

Unless he scores a 38 and nails all the interviews and blows everyone away at the combine and shows a great attitude all the time from now till draft day, no way I'll be happy with him at #3. No way.

got it and I don't completely disagree. Honestly I have concerns about his brains. Anyone caught cheating 3 times is probably either lazy academically or dumb as a rump roast. But let's also be real here. This kid has probably never cared all that much about school because he's probably known for a long time he wasn't exactly going to law school- his athletics were going to carry him. So he doesn't need to score a 38 or even a 25 to impress me. The wonderlic to me is more of a rejection tool than a selection tool. If this kid looks like you need to spot him the c and the a to spell cat I wouldn't take him in the 2nd round. But if he can learn a playbook, break down a defense, do a 2 second pre snap read, you've got a rare athlete here. The wonderlic can give us a clue if we're talking Donovan McNabb or Akili Smith. We'll see. If the kid is bright he's a top 5 pick all day.

Mr. Miyagi
11-09-2011, 09:04 AM
I brought this back to eat some crow in regards of Newton's performance thus far. I was wrong about him. But we still hit a home run on Dareus. No regrets.

Oaf
11-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Russell, Newton. Eh. :idunno: Not going to blast you for this one.

HAMMER
11-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Miyagi knows less about football than he does wonton soup, which is next to nothing.

don137
11-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Miyagi knows less about football than he does wonton soup, which is next to nothing.
True, let's just hope for Mrs miyagi's sake he is better with his Wang than the Bills were with their Wang.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-09-2011, 03:54 PM
I brought this back to eat some crow in regards of Newton's performance thus far. I was wrong about him. But we still hit a home run on Dareus. No regrets.
Newton was gone anyway. Nothing to regret.