• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Buffalo Penalty on #36 Patrick Kaleta

2:00 for being on the ice. Time of the penalty, every third shift.

That's #36 Kaleta, 2:00 for being on the ice, at every third shift.

Dude is getting the Avery treatment hardcore.

And while we're on the subject of physical play, the Sabres have Kaleta, McCormick, Gaustad, Grier, Hecht, and sometimes Luke Adam. How is it possible that they lack physical play? The only thing that I can come up with is that they have no physical blue liners at the moment.

And this is a little off-topic, but Neidermayer SUCKS. Another half-assed FA acquisition.

Sorry to complain so much after a win, but the Sabres aren't in a position to be surrendering the extra point. And the fact that Montreal was down 3 fwds makes it more difficult to swallow.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: Buffalo Penalty on #36 Patrick Kaleta

I don't mind neids.. he does his job but just can't score. He at least has a bunch of helpers, doesnt he?
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JD
      I don't mind neids.. he does his job but just can't score. He at least has a bunch of helpers, doesnt he?
      8 according to Yahoo. I just see him as a 4th liner- a guy that comes in and doesn't make many mistakes, but also has virtually 0 impact.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

Those two penalties on Kaleta were reputation penalties.

If the first one was in open ice instead of the guy hitting the boards, no penalty
        If the second one the guys doesn't fall before the hit, no penalty
        and how does Ennis get a goal tender interference without touching the goalie?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
          Those two penalties on Kaleta were reputation penalties.

If the first one was in open ice instead of the guy hitting the boards, no penalty
          If the second one the guys doesn't fall before the hit, no penalty
          and how does Ennis get a goal tender interference without touching the goalie?
          It was Gerbe.

But I confuse the two of them too. They definitely have a Rosencrantz and Guildenstern thing going on (and if you don't get that reference, think of Lenny and Karl from The Simpsons).
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

I guess it was Weber who got the cross checking penalty for the guy hitting the boards, not Kaleta.

Comment

• SkateZilla
              • Dec 2002

I dunno, Myers sure enjoyed throwing the one guy around when he didnt have a stick.
              Last edited by SkateZilla; 01-19-2011, 07:07 AM.
              Skate Zilla
              -----------------------
              Skate Zilla HD Studios:
              SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37

And while we're on the subject of physical play, the Sabres have Kaleta, McCormick, Gaustad, Grier, Hecht, and sometimes Luke Adam. How is it possible that they lack physical play? The only thing that I can come up with is that they have no physical blue liners at the moment.

And this is a little off-topic, but Neidermayer SUCKS. Another half-assed FA acquisition.

Sorry to complain so much after a win, but the Sabres aren't in a position to be surrendering the extra point. And the fact that Montreal was down 3 fwds makes it more difficult to swallow.
                Did you just say that Hecht is physical, because I think something is wrong with my screen? If you mean physical in the sense that he gets knocked around, then ok but he is far from physical.

I was hoping for a little physical play from the blueline as well. Morrison and Montador are the only physical ones that plays a lot. Rivet and Weber don't play very often and Sekera, Leopold and Butler don't play physical at all. Myers is starting to, which is a good sign.

And Kaleta took a stupid penalty for taking a shot well after the horn went to end the first period. Gerbe's penalty for goaltender interference was ridiculous.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Let me clarify: Hecht is big enough to be physical, and he should use that size and strength more.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

On the positive side, Cammalleri is out 2-4 weeks. It's odd to see the Sabres take out the other team's major player for a significant amount of time instead of it happening to the Sabres.

D & S Sports

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

I agree with all of this.

Montador and Weber are stout on the backend but that is about it.

Hecht is a soft too.
                      Gausted is pretty much a waste.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Gaustad wins faceoffs. he's good at something.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

I like Goose but I have to say he's been a huge disappointment this year.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

I've been pretty disappointed with Gerbe on the offensive side, but I liked his toughness last night. Granted Gomez didn't isn't the one who ran Miller, but he went after someone at the very least and then indirectly drew the penalty that gave them the win.

D & S Sports

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

What is Gaustad suppoed to do besides what he is doing? Sure I would like him to kick in a few more goals, but I believe he is doing what is expected of him.

Comment

Working...
                              X