PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Penalty on #36 Patrick Kaleta

OpIv37
01-19-2011, 12:01 AM
2:00 for being on the ice. Time of the penalty, every third shift.

That's #36 Kaleta, 2:00 for being on the ice, at every third shift.

Dude is getting the Avery treatment hardcore.

And while we're on the subject of physical play, the Sabres have Kaleta, McCormick, Gaustad, Grier, Hecht, and sometimes Luke Adam. How is it possible that they lack physical play? The only thing that I can come up with is that they have no physical blue liners at the moment.

And this is a little off-topic, but Neidermayer SUCKS. Another half-assed FA acquisition.

Sorry to complain so much after a win, but the Sabres aren't in a position to be surrendering the extra point. And the fact that Montreal was down 3 fwds makes it more difficult to swallow.

JD
01-19-2011, 12:22 AM
I don't mind neids.. he does his job but just can't score. He at least has a bunch of helpers, doesnt he?

OpIv37
01-19-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't mind neids.. he does his job but just can't score. He at least has a bunch of helpers, doesnt he?

8 according to Yahoo. I just see him as a 4th liner- a guy that comes in and doesn't make many mistakes, but also has virtually 0 impact.

SabreEleven
01-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Those two penalties on Kaleta were reputation penalties.

If the first one was in open ice instead of the guy hitting the boards, no penalty
If the second one the guys doesn't fall before the hit, no penalty
and how does Ennis get a goal tender interference without touching the goalie?

OpIv37
01-19-2011, 12:30 AM
Those two penalties on Kaleta were reputation penalties.

If the first one was in open ice instead of the guy hitting the boards, no penalty
If the second one the guys doesn't fall before the hit, no penalty
and how does Ennis get a goal tender interference without touching the goalie?

It was Gerbe.

But I confuse the two of them too. They definitely have a Rosencrantz and Guildenstern thing going on (and if you don't get that reference, think of Lenny and Karl from The Simpsons).

SabreEleven
01-19-2011, 12:46 AM
I guess it was Weber who got the cross checking penalty for the guy hitting the boards, not Kaleta.

SkateZilla
01-19-2011, 12:57 AM
I dunno, Myers sure enjoyed throwing the one guy around when he didnt have a stick.

chernobylwraiths
01-19-2011, 05:52 AM

And while we're on the subject of physical play, the Sabres have Kaleta, McCormick, Gaustad, Grier, Hecht, and sometimes Luke Adam. How is it possible that they lack physical play? The only thing that I can come up with is that they have no physical blue liners at the moment.

And this is a little off-topic, but Neidermayer SUCKS. Another half-assed FA acquisition.

Sorry to complain so much after a win, but the Sabres aren't in a position to be surrendering the extra point. And the fact that Montreal was down 3 fwds makes it more difficult to swallow.
Did you just say that Hecht is physical, because I think something is wrong with my screen? If you mean physical in the sense that he gets knocked around, then ok but he is far from physical.

I was hoping for a little physical play from the blueline as well. Morrison and Montador are the only physical ones that plays a lot. Rivet and Weber don't play very often and Sekera, Leopold and Butler don't play physical at all. Myers is starting to, which is a good sign.

And Kaleta took a stupid penalty for taking a shot well after the horn went to end the first period. Gerbe's penalty for goaltender interference was ridiculous.

OpIv37
01-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Let me clarify: Hecht is big enough to be physical, and he should use that size and strength more.

RockStar36
01-19-2011, 09:07 AM
On the positive side, Cammalleri is out 2-4 weeks. It's odd to see the Sabres take out the other team's major player for a significant amount of time instead of it happening to the Sabres.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2011, 09:29 AM

I agree with all of this.

Montador and Weber are stout on the backend but that is about it.

Hecht is a soft too.
Gausted is pretty much a waste.

trapezeus
01-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Gaustad wins faceoffs. he's good at something.

OpIv37
01-19-2011, 09:41 AM
I like Goose but I have to say he's been a huge disappointment this year.

RockStar36
01-19-2011, 09:53 AM
I've been pretty disappointed with Gerbe on the offensive side, but I liked his toughness last night. Granted Gomez didn't isn't the one who ran Miller, but he went after someone at the very least and then indirectly drew the penalty that gave them the win.

chernobylwraiths
01-19-2011, 09:59 AM
What is Gaustad suppoed to do besides what he is doing? Sure I would like him to kick in a few more goals, but I believe he is doing what is expected of him.

rbochan
01-19-2011, 11:16 AM
I've been pretty disappointed with Gerbe on the offensive side, but I liked his toughness last night. Granted Gomez didn't isn't the one who ran Miller, but he went after someone at the very least and then indirectly drew the penalty that gave them the win.
No, but he did run Miller 2 years ago, spraining his ankle, and Buffalo missed that playoffs by 1 point.

RockStar36
01-19-2011, 11:34 AM
No, but he did run Miller 2 years ago, spraining his ankle, and Buffalo missed that playoffs by 1 point.

I know that, but I doubt that was Gerbe's motivation in that particular scrap.

Dr. Lecter
01-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Indirectly?

Gomez swung the stick at him. That was pretty damn direct.

RockStar36
01-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Indirectly?

Gomez swung the stick at him. That was pretty damn direct.

I guess it's a poor choice of wording but I know what I meant. He got into it with Gomez, got him pissed off enough to swing the stick, got the Sabres the crucial PP opportunity, and they cashed in with the win. Maybe I should've said he indirectly assisted on the game winning goal?

Nighthawk
01-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Let me clarify: Hecht is big enough to be physical, and he should use that size and strength more.

This might be true, but Hecht is the biggest pussy on this team...and that is saying something!

Dr. Lecter
01-19-2011, 12:03 PM
This might be true, but Hecht is the biggest pussy on this team...and that is saying something!
Nobody, I repeat nobody, is a bigger pussy than Tim Connolly.

Hell, at least Hecht will fight once a year and puts forth an effort.

chernobylwraiths
01-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Pomminville?

RockStar36
01-19-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't like Pominville a whole lot these days, but Connolly is still a much bigger pussy. Pominville at least had that Pittsburgh game earlier this season where he accidentally showed some toughness.

chernobylwraiths
01-19-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't like Pominville a whole lot these days, but Connolly is still a much bigger pussy. Pominville at least had that Pittsburgh game earlier this season where he accidentally showed some toughness.

Connolly dropped his gloves and went after the guy who took Pomminville out at home against Chicago.

RockStar36
01-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Connolly dropped his gloves and went after the guy who took Pomminville out at home against Chicago.

Connolly has had his moments but I still think he's the biggest pussy on the team.

By the way, what a great debate we're having here. Says a lot about the current roster.

OpIv37
01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Pomminville?
Not a fan, but I have to give him props for putting Hal Gill into the net last night. That was classic.

chernobylwraiths
01-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Connolly has had his moments but I still think he's the biggest pussy on the team.

By the way, what a great debate we're having here. Says a lot about the current roster.

And it is so sad that we have a plethora of nominations for the title.

Dr. Lecter
01-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Not a fan, but I have to give him props for putting Hal Gill into the net last night. That was classic.
He also got into it with some heavyweight earlier this year, but I forget who.

Electrici
01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Each time we're on the brink of actually being above .500, we manage to put in the worst effort the following game and take 2 steps back. Must string wins together.. ATL is like 8 pts ahead of us, but we have played 3 less games than them.

Also, how about winning some games in regulation... 2 pts are 2 pts but IF we make the playoffs, there is no 4 on 4 or shootout, gotta play better 5 on 5 hockey.

Amazing that you can win hockey games when you score PP goals... who would've known??

OpIv37
01-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Also, going into OT manufactures a point in the standings. A 2 pt game becomes a 3 pt game, and some of those extra points go to teams that may be competing with us for a playoff spot.

RockStar36
01-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Not that I think the Sabres are a playoff team anyways, but if they don't get all four points from the Islanders in the next week, we can completely rule them out.

JD
01-19-2011, 03:16 PM

I'd say Hecht is a much bigger pussy, aside from Roy.. but he's gay so I let it slide.

At least Connolly sticks up for his teammates. He's usually the first one in after a cheapshot. Don't get me wrong, he's still a piece of **** and should be traded for a 6-pack.

RockStar36
01-19-2011, 03:25 PM
I'd say Hecht is a much bigger pussy, aside from Roy.. but he's gay so I let it slide.

At least Connolly sticks up for his teammates. He's usually the first one in after a cheapshot. Don't get me wrong, he's still a piece of **** and should be traded for a 6-pack.

Roy had led the team in points for the past three seasons so he can be a pussy. It's when they don't contribute that much (Hecht, Pominville, Connolly) that it becomes a problem.

Crisis
01-19-2011, 04:15 PM
it's sad that our skinny goalie has more balls than all of our forwards

SkateZilla
01-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Also, going into OT manufactures a point in the standings. A 2 pt game becomes a 3 pt game, and some of those extra points go to teams that may be competing with us for a playoff spot.

Example, MONTREAL, what would have been a 2 pt closure in the standings became 1

Nighthawk
01-19-2011, 08:35 PM

I'm not sure that Hecht puts forth a great effort every game, but I do agree Connolly is a big puss.

G Wolly
01-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Blame EVERYTHING on Connolly.