• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

L.A. Leaders Support NFL Stadium

It looks like there's a good chance the NFL is coming back to L.A. at some point in the near future. I noticed the Bills aren't listed in the article as a team that could relocate. Colin Cowherd has been talking about it a lot this morning on his show. He thinks the Chargers are the best option to move and makes the most sense. The article is below.

• THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: L.A. Leaders Support NFL Stadium

That would be perfect!

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

I don't think the Bills have ever been a realistic option for L.A. There are just too many better candidates. And as much as some fans hate Ralph Wilson, as long as he's the owner he would never move them to L.A.

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

Jacksonville should move before ANYONE
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

there was an article a couple months ago outlining how the NFL really got burned on the moving costs of moving the rams to St louis. So much so that when the expansion fees came out for the texans and browns, St louis did not get an equal cut and instead had to pay back the $80MM in fees.

I think moving a west coast team is much easier than asking the bills or jags (as much as they need to move) to move.

the schedules get messed up in the divisions, the costs are a lot, and i think they know buffalo is a good market to have. people attend the games and they watch the games that prop up the exorbinant tv contract, which at the end of the day is the life blood of the NFL's money.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

For the last time people: the Jacksonville Jaguars are NOT moving anytime soon. Their stadium lease is far too expensive to break.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
              Will not tolerate vandalism.
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
              For the last time people: the Jacksonville Jaguars are NOT moving anytime soon. Their stadium lease is far too expensive to break.
              There is option B: fold the Jaguars, form an expansion team for Los Angeles, and transfer all Jaguars personnel under the new entity. That's technically what the Baltimore Ravens did in '96.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

the vikings are probably a fair bet to move to LA as well... with the immense damage to the metro dome and their lease up i wouldn't be surprised to see them bolt.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

I still want to see where the money will come from to build this GRAND Stadium. Because California is in the RED, it has to be PRIVATE money, & that is a lot of money to invest by someone that does not even own a team.

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days
                    I still want to see where the money will come from to build this GRAND Stadium. Because California is in the RED, it has to be PRIVATE money, & that is a lot of money to invest by someone that does not even own a team.
                    Well I don't know if you read the article, but it says in the second paragraph that the stadium would be privately financed by AEG. That's where the money would come from, not California.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

what that article doesn't say is that the estimated costs are way under what the designs and the state of the art desires the builderes want. so they are going to have to pay $1bn for the team and possibly $1-2BN for the stadium. $3bn in financing will put a huge strain on the LA franchise. especially if it isn't good and exciting out the gate.

The LA option isn't a slam dunk. I think the brains in the NFL know that and are treading carefully.

Comment

• Ed
                        Dude
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        what that article doesn't say is that the estimated costs are way under what the designs and the state of the art desires the builderes want. so they are going to have to pay $1bn for the team and possibly $1-2BN for the stadium. $3bn in financing will put a huge strain on the LA franchise. especially if it isn't good and exciting out the gate.

The LA option isn't a slam dunk. I think the brains in the NFL know that and are treading carefully.
                        I don't think the plan is to buy the team. Whatever owner moved their team to L.A. would still be the owner.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ed
                          I don't think the plan is to buy the team. Whatever owner moved their team to L.A. would still be the owner.
                          OK then what is in it for the PRIVATE owner of the stadium? Is he going to let the owner of the NFL team play there for free out of the goodness of his heart? Or does he want to be paid for the use of his stadium?

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ed
                            Well I don't know if you read the article, but it says in the second paragraph that the stadium would be privately financed by AEG. That's where the money would come from, not California.
                            Where is AEG getting all this money from? If I were a taxpayer of California, I would want to see the books before approving this. Aside from the cost of construction, there is the cost of upkeep & game day expenses is AEG going to pay that as well?

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by better days
                              OK then what is in it for the PRIVATE owner of the stadium? Is he going to let the owner of the NFL team play there for free out of the goodness of his heart? Or does he want to be paid for the use of his stadium?
                              Obviously there would be a lease, and the other details regarding concessions, parking, etc would have to be negotiated but most likely fall in favor of the stadium owner.

Not to mention other revenue streams available when football isn't being played. You could almost guarantee a Super Bowl in LA within 2-3 years of stadium completion, and probably another bid for the Summer Olympics.

As a fan, Jacksonville makes the most sense, but logistically San Diego should be the favorite.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X